PDA

View Full Version : Application

02-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi I just recently turned in an application for the PO position with your dept. roughly could anyone please tell me how long your process is? If your lucky to pass all test and be hired with your dept. is the academy up in MDC north?

02-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Eat a fat one.

02-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Eat a fat one.

It's a legit question, I'm not trying to be funny, why the attitude?

02-22-2008, 02:40 PM
why do you want to work here? we suck.

02-23-2008, 12:52 AM
You guys don't suck...at least that's my civilian opinion, I respect the hell out of anyone that straps on a vest, a gun belt and his badge. He/ she goes out and does a thankless job, yeah the leadership has something to be desired but you know what if you can put up with so can I.

Plus 2 years ain't bad if you keep out of trouble...wink wink.

So do you think maybe I can get an answer to my original question...Please.

02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Save yourself thr trouble of having to get hired there, waste two years, hopefully not get an IA which will prevent you from ever going to a real department in two years, and wasting two years which could be put towards seniority-pension-and a take home vehicle in a real department.

02-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Listen don't apply to this department, u have approx 70 departments to apply with in the dade and broward area. Pinecrest will never let u leave

02-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Be smart and stay away from this cesspool

02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
If you come to work here, it would become one of those life decisions that you will regret. It is sort of marrying the lap dancer at the T&A Club.
It will be fun at first, but then brother.........

02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks all to the responses, but I ask myself why is everyone still there and haven't gone some where else? Sounds like you all have IA jackets opened on you if it's bad and you haven't left somewhere else.

Just a question because I don't know shizzat about your SOP, your officers most I've delt with have all been qru, but this sounds like a bannana republic being ran through your leadership is there anything that can be done? Get the residents involved, contacting Mayor Matzner or going to a union where you can get some help?

02-25-2008, 07:36 PM
it has all been tried since 1997... it is not going to get better no matter what you do as long as the city manager and that crossed eyed scare crow is in charge!

02-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Well I turned in my app last week anyway, so I'll go through the motions, and if I pass all my test and earn the right to be amongst you guys I'll take it. I'm no spring chicken I don't have many shots at this left, I'm an old man at 38 yrs young...lol.

Be safe guys...

03-20-2008, 06:45 PM
I, too, am planning on turning an application to the PPD. Can anyone please inform as to how long it will take for me to be contacted again after I turn in my app. Thank you.

P.S. How long is the app process with the department, anyway?

03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Thats a good ? i turn minds in sometime in Feb and still haven't heard anything.

03-21-2008, 07:35 AM
"i turn minds"...
What are you, an illiterate idiot? No wonder you haven't heard anything back from them!

03-21-2008, 04:36 PM
*I turned in my application* Better.

03-22-2008, 04:03 PM
i have applied twice with this department.i have a clean record great credit and no drug usage at all and they have never contacted me for anything i have wasted $50 each time to notarize my papers for nothing.they dont even call or send a letter to say we are not interested in you or anything like that.all they do is send a dumb card stating that my application is good for 90 days.

03-23-2008, 02:59 AM
i have applied twice with this department.i have a clean record great credit and no drug usage at all and they have never contacted me for anything i have wasted $50 each time to notarize my papers for nothing.they dont even call or send a letter to say we are not interested in you or anything like that.all they do is send a dumb card stating that my application is good for 90 days.

are you a complete idiot... have you not read anything on this site.... why the hell would you want to work for Pinecrest....!!!!

03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey guys I know some of you are going to bash me for this, but F'it.
I got my call today for Orientation and Oral board looks like I am contending against eight others at the oral. I have two questions if you could please help me with.
What type of question/s can I expect at oral board, and what happens after the Orientation and Oral?

Thanks in advance

03-27-2008, 02:24 AM
TYpe pf questions:

1. Spit or swallow?

2. Will you be content working midnights with Tuesday Wednesday Thursday off for the next 17 years?

3. Do you promise to unconditionally support our administration no matter what we do to you?

4. Do you secretly desire to work for Hialeah PD, but couldnt get in?

Once you answer these questions in the 'Oral' and Orientation is over then you are required to go camping with some of the brass. Clothing optional, of course!!! :devil:

03-27-2008, 05:57 AM
hey first stage how long ago did you apply?

03-27-2008, 06:46 PM
TYpe pf questions:

1. Spit or swallow?

2. Will you be content working midnights with Tuesday Wednesday Thursday off for the next 17 years?

3. Do you promise to unconditionally support our administration no matter what we do to you?

4. Do you secretly desire to work for Hialeah PD, but couldnt get in?

Once you answer these questions in the 'Oral' and Orientation is over then you are required to go camping with some of the brass. Clothing optional, of course!!! :devil:

Wow, so that's how you got in huh? You took one for the team, you like those camping trips, huh boy? Now squeel! Bet growing up Ned Beaty was you favorite actor. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

03-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey guys I know some of you are going to bash me for this, but F'it.
I got my call today for Orientation and Oral board looks like I am contending against eight others at the oral. I have two questions if you could please help me with.
What type of question/s can I expect at oral board, and what happens after the Orientation and Oral?

Thanks in advance

Hey, 1st Stage! How long did it take from the time you turned in your app to the time you were first contacted by the department?

04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
[quote="1st Stage":hky2moga]Hey guys I know some of you are going to bash me for this, but F'it.

Thanks in advance

Hey, 1st Stage! How long did it take from the time you turned in your app to the time you were first contacted by the department?[/quote:hky2moga]

I turned in application at the end of Feb and was contacted last week, so about a month, why?

04-04-2008, 09:28 PM
[quote="Doctor Dingaling":4hq4kpiw][quote="1st Stage":4hq4kpiw]Hey guys I know some of you are going to bash me for this, but F'it.

Thanks in advance

Hey, 1st Stage! How long did it take from the time you turned in your app to the time you were first contacted by the department?[/quote:4hq4kpiw]

I turned in application at the end of Feb and was contacted last week, so about a month, why?[/quote:4hq4kpiw]

Oh, Ok..the reason why I asked is because I was taking a vacation at the beginning of May, and was coming back the first week of June. I didnt want to turn in my app and not be in town when I got called. Hopefully, the dept will still be hiring by the time I get back.

04-05-2008, 01:07 AM
I had orientation yesterday was only 11 of us with a Sgt. Villanova he went over what to expect, what the Village expects from us. Should be interesting on the 9th for the oral.

04-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow! Everything seems to be coming one-after-the-other. I wish you the best of luck, 2nd stage. Be sure to keep us updated on how everything goes. :)

04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
[/quote]Oh, Ok..the reason why I asked is because I was taking a vacation at the beginning of May, and was coming back the first week of June. I didnt want to turn in my app and not be in town when I got called. Hopefully, the dept will still be hiring by the time I get back.[/quote]

They will be hiring FOREVER, fear not.

04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh, Ok..the reason why I asked is because I was taking a vacation at the beginning of May, and was coming back the first week of June. I didnt want to turn in my app and not be in town when I got called. Hopefully, the dept will still be hiring by the time I get back.[/quote]

They will be hiring FOREVER, fear not.[/quote]

Yay! Thank you! :)