PDA

View Full Version : Nothing but a bunch of...

02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
We have all seen it and thought it. We see a child acitng out and the parent standing there not doing a thing. Or heard the stroy of the child getting in trouble and the parent saying, "Not my child, he/she does not lie" or "the teacher is just picking of my child".

The next thought that comes from our cranium is, "That child will grow up to be a thug or looser or no good" all BECAUE THE PARENT FAILED TO REACT AND TO RESPOSIBILITY FOR THE CHILD.

Now, what the heck, did you expect the Sheriff and Chief to say when somemany people on so many levels dropped the ball and our little deputy got busted? "Not my deputy" (well can't they have the video) ok , how about this one, "He was picking on my deputy, he called her names" (well not sure that would work either).

Folks, the sheriff and cheif in my view did the rigth thing by coming out and saying the only thing they could say given the circumstances. We will not tolerate this and this is not indicative of our people.

Now, our deputy had a bad day (understatement) she is a good person, but made a very big and bad mistake. It is not who she is but it is what she did. Do not put the blame on our boss, put it on ourselves.

If you have done this before then shame on you. If you have seen this before and never tried to correct it, then shame on you. For whatever reason, she let this guy get the best of her and we as a community need to be talking about that, not about what our bosses said.

If we do not take this opportunity to better ourselves then we will repeat this. We all know where the cameras reach and where they don't. Why I ask you do we know that? Not because we have good thoughts.

We need to stop pointing the fingers at our office and we need to start taking responsiblity for ourselves. Most of us are sheep. We follow people among us that are one of two things, good or bad. If you are a sheep, you better figure out who you are followng, because the good people will no longer let the bad people speak for the rest of us.

If you have wanted to stand up for what you know is wrong, now is the time. If you see people cry and complain about how bad it is here, show them the door and ask them to do something about it. But do not blindly follow the ones that are always negative. The negative ones did not turn negative because of this job, they came here that way and want you to feel negative so they are not alone.

Sorry, for the soap box but enough is enough. Stand up for making a positve change. Let the negative deputies know we do not want to hear there sh1t anymore.

02-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Problem with your analogy is the sheriff and chief docobo are sworn law enforcement officers and are not our parents. Their responsibility is to be objective and conduct a full investigation into criminal matters like all road deputies are required to do. This was not done in this case no matter how you spin it. The office has a duty to investigate fully before coming out and justifying a terminiation or terminations, which is what the chief suggested before any investigation was concluded. The jury pool is tainted already by their actions.

02-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Problem with your analogy is the sheriff and chief docobo are sworn law enforcement officers and are not our parents. Their responsibility is to be objective and conduct a full investigation into criminal matters like all road deputies are required to do. This was not done in this case no matter how you spin it. The office has a duty to investigate fully before coming out and justifying a terminiation or terminations, which is what the chief suggested before any investigation was concluded. The jury pool is tainted already by their actions.

So what would have you said? (about the video)

02-19-2008, 06:25 AM

So what would have you said? (about the video)

02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
I would have waited to comment until the investigation was complete, the chief commented even before it had begun. I thought he had more savy than that, and if he got ambushed by the media again, he's smarter than that to allow himself to comment on an incident that was not investigated yet.

02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I would have said the video is just as troubling to me as it is to you and our office inconjuction with the SAO will complete a full investigation and upon the conclusion of that investigation will take the appropriate action. During the investigation the involved subjects will be relived from their duties.

I would not grand stand for the media and call for a termination before I had spoke to the victim, deputies or anyone at all for that matter. I also would not do a big press release in 48 hours announcing that an arrest warrant had been issued to please the drama seeking media.

02-19-2008, 08:53 PM
We have all seen it and thought it. We see a child acitng out and the parent standing there not doing a thing. Or heard the stroy of the child getting in trouble and the parent saying, "Not my child, he/she does not lie" or "the teacher is just picking of my child".

The next thought that comes from our cranium is, "That child will grow up to be a thug or looser or no good" all BECAUE THE PARENT FAILED TO REACT AND TO RESPOSIBILITY FOR THE CHILD.

Now, what the heck, did you expect the Sheriff and Chief to say when somemany people on so many levels dropped the ball and our little deputy got busted? "Not my deputy" (well can't they have the video) ok , how about this one, "He was picking on my deputy, he called her names" (well not sure that would work either).

Folks, the sheriff and cheif in my view did the rigth thing by coming out and saying the only thing they could say given the circumstances. We will not tolerate this and this is not indicative of our people.

Now, our deputy had a bad day (understatement) she is a good person, but made a very big and bad mistake. It is not who she is but it is what she did. Do not put the blame on our boss, put it on ourselves.

If you have done this before then shame on you. If you have seen this before and never tried to correct it, then shame on you. For whatever reason, she let this guy get the best of her and we as a community need to be talking about that, not about what our bosses said.

If we do not take this opportunity to better ourselves then we will repeat this. We all know where the cameras reach and where they don't. Why I ask you do we know that? Not because we have good thoughts.

We need to stop pointing the fingers at our office and we need to start taking responsiblity for ourselves. Most of us are sheep. We follow people among us that are one of two things, good or bad. If you are a sheep, you better figure out who you are followng, because the good people will no longer let the bad people speak for the rest of us.

If you have wanted to stand up for what you know is wrong, now is the time. If you see people cry and complain about how bad it is here, show them the door and ask them to do something about it. But do not blindly follow the ones that are always negative. The negative ones did not turn negative because of this job, they came here that way and want you to feel negative so they are not alone.

Sorry, for the soap box but enough is enough. Stand up for making a positve change. Let the negative deputies know we do not want to hear there sh1t anymore.

Lets say that I agree with some of what you wrote, what about the issue of dumping deputies who were not involved in the situation into the crisco? Docobo threw out nanes of a Sgt. and Cpl. during a presser who were not involved in the situation. Did Docobo not look at the uncut video before he spoke to the media? It has been said that the jail major gave out the video to channel 10 without looking at it! WHY? What about that?

02-20-2008, 01:47 AM

Lets say that I agree with some of what you wrote, what about the issue of dumping deputies who were not involved in the situation into the crisco? Docobo threw out nanes of a Sgt. and Cpl. during a presser who were not involved in the situation. Did Docobo not look at the uncut video before he spoke to the media? It has been said that the jail major gave out the video to channel 10 without looking at it! WHY? What about that?