PDA

View Full Version : PG hires anyone

02-15-2008, 04:34 AM
PUNTA GORDA -- A sexually explicit video of a city police officer led to the dismissal of one officer, and reprimands and a suspension for other officers.

Punta Gorda Police Officer Gina Wiseley, 34, allegedly showed Detective Harvey Ayers a sexually explicit video of herself -- filmed years before she was a Punta Gorda officer -- in a marked police vehicle in the department's parking lot.

An internal affairs investigation, however, could not substantiate those allegations.

The video was made when she was a Lee County Sheriff's deputy. According to Punta Gorda Police reports, the 30-minute video was filmed in a Key West "clothing optional" bar, The Garden of Eden, during the 2001 Fantasy Fest. Wearing "nothing but a toga," Wiseley agreed when asked by a cameraman to bare her breasts for beads, and to fondle herself for "duck-shaped" beads. The video appeared on a Web site and was brought to the attention of Lee County news media.

Punta Gorda Police Chief Chuck Rinehart decided to allow Wiseley to resign or be terminated for disregarding orders not to discuss the investigation with Ayers, who filed the complaint against her.

According to Rinehart's report, Wiseley didn't resign, so he terminated her. She was hired Oct. 16, 2006, and was still in her one-year probationary period,

Wiseley could not be reached for comment Monday.

In the PGPD investigation report, she is described as saying, "(T)he video ruined my life." She reportedly told investigators she wanted Ayers' opinion about some papers dealing with a custody battle with her ex-husband, not to show him the video.

Ayers received a written reprimand for not reporting the incident immediately to his superiors.

According to the report, Ayers told investigators he did not know what Wiseley wanted when she made a radio call asking him to meet her in the parking lot. He described himself as being "a little shocked" when Wisely pulled up the video on her personal laptop computer. Ayers told other officers about the incident, but he didn't report it promptly to his own supervisor.

Sgt. Craig Brandon admitted he watched the video on a city computer. He was suspended for three days without pay and his rank as sergeant was placed on six-month probationary status.

According to the investigation report, Brandon knew Master Police Officer Trevor Triebe had the Internet address of the video and asked him for it. Triebe told investigators he had viewed the video at home -- not on duty -- and gave the Web address to Brandon on a piece of paper. However, Brandon told investigators Triebe pulled the address up on his personal e-mail.

As a result of rumors within the department, Brandon told investigators that he only viewed the video out of curiosity. He's reported as saying, "I hate that I have caused this on my own department ... I was the sergeant on duty, so I definitely feel that the responsibility lies with me."

For his involvement, Triebe received a written reprimand for failure to report immediately to his superiors that city computers were used to view inappropriate material.

In the wake of the investigation, Rinehart met with his captains and sergeants.

"I emphasized the need to get on with the business of the city and to treat one another in a cooperative and respectful manner," Rinehart stated.

He told his officers that viewing sexually inappropriate materials while on duty and on city property would not be tolerated, and reminded the officers of the city's policies on sexual and inappropriate harassment.

In May 2005, Wiseley decided to resign from the Lee County Sheriff's Office prior to the outcome of an internal investigation of the video.

According to PGPD reports, Wiseley, who was hired by the Lee County in 1994, was fired in 2004 for hitting golf balls in the Sheriff's Office but was later rehired.

Despite those incidents in Lee County, Punta Gorda Deputy Chief Albert "Butch" Arenal said Monday his department decided to hire Wiseley and give her a second chance. As a police officer, Arenal said, Wiseley is certified by state law enforcement officials and received good recommendations from her former superiors.

After leaving the Sheriff's Office, Wiseley worked for a Lee County Lowe's home improvement store as a loss prevention manager, and her supervisors at Lowe's described her to Punta Gorda as a good employee and hard worker.

02-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Yup they hired a lazy azz, useless shiz siring guy from New York. Thank god he is gone.

02-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Hey, this is old news. Get a life...

02-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Yep, her and a certain NYer were the only two big mistakes the agency has made recently. What's your point JH?

mod 487
02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Lets all try to get along please.

02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Lets all try to get along please.

Thanks for the advice. All was going well in MY forum until a former officer came on board and started crap on this forum. This is consistent behavior with Jason. Try cleaning up your own room before you come in mine. Thanks

02-18-2008, 03:11 AM
so why are you coming into winter garden website trying to tell jason to clean it up. dont come in our room and post something and then tell our moderator to clean his/her room up. sounds like you have a lot of cleaning up in here. oh by the way this is not your room nor your website! your just a moderator and type a lot of b.s. when you sign in as a guest.

02-19-2008, 03:17 AM
fight fight between Mod 480 and 487.......go 480!!!!

06-30-2008, 09:18 PM
looks like mod 487 won. Sorry you had to resign E1

betterinblue
07-15-2008, 04:02 AM
Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could not see.