PDA

View Full Version : just an idea...

02-14-2008, 06:30 AM
I think the sheriff should raise the sig. 15 per hour rate from $25.00 to $50.00 per hour, if we are not going to receive a c.o.l.a increase. this will definately help offset some of the economy's steadly rising prices(gas, food, energy bill, etc.)

its just an idea, so tell me what do you all think? if i'm not mistaken, we have the lowest off duty detail per hour rate in the area. please correct me if i'm wrong.

02-14-2008, 11:48 AM
You're wrong. Our off-duty rate of pay is very comparable to other agencies in Polk County. Lakeland P.D.'s rate is $25 also I do believe.

Don't listen to the rumor mill. Advice of the day.

02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
10-54, there's is higher thatn that.

02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
fhp makes 45 an hour

02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
why doesn't the sheriff atleast make sure the sig 15 folks pay us on time not 4-8 weeks later or more

02-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Plant City PD s15 $28
HCSO at least $28
US - $25
Haines City - $25 but one ranking officer negotitates down to $15 and $19
FHP $45 and up

02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
LPD makes $23 an hour folks. Make a call and confirm it if you want to.

02-16-2008, 02:14 AM
I suggested you make a call... not post the question on LPD's Leoaffairs site. You rumor mongering, this place is horrible, conspiracy theorists kill me. Go work at LAPD, NYPD, Hillsborough S.O., Tampa P.D., Orlando P.D., Broward S.O., Microsoft, or any Fortune 500 company and see if you are any happier. You won't be because you are miserable, self centered individuals. We have a great thing going at PCSO, don't whine about the benefits you have.

And yes, when I started in this job I got a whopping $400 dollar uniform allowance, had to buy my own gun, didn't get my own car, a computer was never heard of, and had to pay out the nose for my retirement. Also, I had to pay for my own education and worked on a shift that didn't work with my school schedule.

The words "public service", not "personal satisfaction" come to mind.

02-16-2008, 06:24 AM
i'm just saying that working in "public service" shouldn't require living on "public assistance".

i'm sure things were worse off when you started. does that mean we should not look for better pay,equipment,training? if your generation had not wanted more,we'd still be living as you described.

we do work for a good agency, no doubt in my mind there. the requirements for education are begining to exceed the pay. if you want to be unpromoted, its a great gig and great pay for a high school diploma. if you're holding a bachelor's or worse yet, a master's degree as a slick sleeve then you are grossly underpaid.

02-16-2008, 07:40 AM
I started here at $13,500 a year ... I think I'll be happy for my 56k a year now plus a pretty sweet retirement I haven't paid a cent in to when I'm done in a few years. Could I use more? Absolutely ... but I'm thankful for what I have.

02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I only made the suggestion to see how many of you out there agreed with me, not to start an arguement with other bloggers. For the most part, it will cost the sheriff nothing to raise the hourly rate, that will only effect the ones who utilize our services.

When i work a detail, many vendors that use our services, always compliment us for the work we do. As an agency that speaks volumns about the customer service that we provide. That service is considered as quality work, so all i'm suggesting is that we get paid for it.

Nothing out of the BOCC's pockets nor will it cost the tax payers money. I think its an excellent idea and i'm going to suggest this to the sheriff myself when I see him again. I just need to get a concensus on how many will be with me on this.

02-16-2008, 10:21 PM
be careful you dont price us out of the market