PDA

View Full Version : Take Home Cars

02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Will we see them?

Definately not during this "budget crisis" , but offering take home cars would be a big improvement for this agency.

02-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Yes you will see them, just look outside your shack window and watch your Sgt., Lt., Capt. go home!

02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't forget the ever important K-9 officers

02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I thought those guys were just participating in the "Bring you pet to work day", program.

02-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Colonel Liford promised us all take homes at a 3rd circuit meeting a couple of years ago. He also said we would have two officers at each side station, yeah right. He needs to get his story straight.

02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I think the biggest problem about the take home cars is the admin is afraid of officers abusing the power. Everyone knows the agency is particular about what enforcement action we take when it does not pertain directly to our mission. I think admin is afraid of officers becoming super troopers and stopping everything on the way to and from work. I do believe one day take home cars will be given but I'm afraid it is far far down the road.

02-20-2008, 01:05 AM
This would be a bad year to even dream about take homes for now, I agree, Tallahassee would love to be able to provide them, but it is a budget issue. Liford is still trying to learn his job, talk to others in headquarters and they will tell you straight.

02-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Colonel Liford promised us all take homes at a 3rd circuit meeting a couple of years ago. He also said we would have two officers at each side station, yeah right. He needs to get his story straight.

Did he really promise that? It would certainly help with Ag's high turnover. Might be hard to Justify though.

02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
The Colonel promised this twice, once at 3rd circuit and again in Tallahassee at a Christmas dinner. One of the many statements he has made that never come true. Just keep being miss Daisey to the Commissioner Colonel.

02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Still learning his job, Greenmachine? He has been here for over 7 years, if he hasn't learned his job by now, he never will. He knows the only thing he needs to know which is the Commissioner. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know anything else. Well, except maybe how to drink and grill. He is an expert at that!

02-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I thought he was fired, or was told to retire.

02-29-2008, 07:21 PM
If the people at the capitol had any brains in their head, they would have fired him or forced him to retire by now, but I guess they don't because he continues to humiliate us everywhere he goes. Every time I see my buddies from the SO they tell me about how he acted at the conferences he is always attending. If he drinks even half as much on the job as he does when the booze is free, I don't know how he finds his way home at night. It's only a matter of time before our dept. ends up in the newspapers going through something like FHP did, but that may be a blessing if it finally gets rid of him. This is a good place to work and we have a lot of hard working people that keep this place going even though he has no idea what we do and he doesn't even appreciate how hard we work making him look good.

03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Lets not turn this into a name calling contest for other people to see our dirty laundry. Everyone knows the situation with the Colonel, he is a political favor and those types are all over state government. At least he gets out of the way because he knows he is way over his head and lets the commanders do their jobs. There will always be people like Liford, ignore him and listen to your real supervisors.

03-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I thought those guys were just participating in the "Bring you pet to work day", program.

Sounds like someone has roots growing out the butt. Learn to apply knowledge to overcome. Its bad enough this site continually has agency against agency. To much going on without fellow co-workers thinking the people they work with aren't worth having. Go look in the mirror and find yourself my friend buddy O pally. I just wonder if your not really one the main problems with uniformed.

03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I thought it was funny. I think he ment it as a joke.

matercop
04-29-2008, 08:05 AM
If you want a take home you better go work some where other than Ag.

04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
If you want a take home you better go work some where other than Ag.

If we could be united on an issue such as take homes, and had a decent union to fight for us, I don't think it would be impossible. It probably wont happen in the next couple of years, but something will have to happen (significant pay raises, take home cars, etc) to get people to stay here (and want to come here in the first place) or 5 years from now this department have 50% of positions vacant

04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
How can you justify take home cares for uniformed ag officers? I am not trying to be a jerk, but i want to know why. Do you get called out and respond to things on your day off? I can understand why your investigators get them, but not uniform.

I dont even understand why FHP officers have take home cars, do they get called out when they are off duty? The only FHP officers I could think of being called out while off duty our thier traffic homicide investigators.

Iwould rather see SLEO work to get a raise. SLEO need to start a public information campain and educate the public about what we as state officers do. Most people do not have a clue and if they dont know what we do how can they justify giving us a raise?

04-30-2008, 10:07 PM
how can you justify giving a take home car to anyone? you cant. its a perk. Ag is just as deserving as any other SLEO, or local leo. it would attract more ppl to this agency, and keep some of those already here from leaving for greener pastures.

04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
It is not a perk. Every agency which has take home cars has to justify them. Your investigators are on call 24/7 and have to be availabe 24/7. I was told that they do not get on call pay either. I know that many of them also work weekends and holidays. They also work many counties. Whn they are called out they do not have the tiem to drive to their office and get their vehicles, especially if the incidnet is inthe same county(city) they live in and thier office is in another. They have justifcation for the vehicles.

Now if you can come up with a good justifcation than maybe SLEO can fight to get take home cars. Do not take this the wrong way. I am trying to get you to think of reasons why you would need a take home car and then you could have what ever union (not PBA) present it to your management. Make it sound good and put them in a corner and they will have to come up with very good reaons to shoot it down. Research why other agencies have take home vehicles. If you can say DOT, FWCC, etc have take home vehicels for this reason and we have the same needs it puts them in a hard place.

I am not talking down to you I am trying to help you with this casue. GOOD LUCK.

05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
You make some good points, however I disagree on some things. Although some positions (investigators, etc) and some agencies may justify having take home cars, many angencies have functioned on a pool car system where the officers came to HQ and got a car. These agencies did just fine with this for years, so even though they have a take home car now, I would argue it is not a necessaty.

05-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I cannot be justified to give us ramp monkeys take home cars.

06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Nothing's changed in 4 years. I'm pretty positive people would give $25 a paycheck for a take home..

06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
whocaresanymore

Exactly

06-27-2012, 05:48 PM
What do you need takehome cars for anyway?
If you boys will just stay in the window and scan those papers
and check those horses, You will have a good career.

Don't made it hard on yourself. We have key people in place to
keep you in a job son. Now get back to acting like you are working.
Before Gov. Rick takes notice of what little bit you really do son.

06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Before Gov. Rick takes notice of what little bit you really do son. ///

If they pretend to pay you. Then you have the right to pretend to work.

06-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Before Gov. Rick takes notice of what little bit you really do son. ///

If they pretend to pay you. Then you have the right to pretend to work.

LMAO I heard that.

So much potential, so little motivation. :roll:

07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Really 25 dollars for a take home...you have been sniffing too much gas or horse crap! Do you want those Sgt's that are not on call to pay for a car they could come to work and use. There are legit agencies that are saving money and giving it to the staff by reducing that budget. I guess all these sgts need that ca
r and now some people will look like an ag used car lot again at their house again! Wasteful that is the name of the game here at AG. Now lets get to work!

07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Wasteful that is the name of the game here at AG.

No JOKE is the name of the game at OALE. That is what the whole OALE is a big fat JOKE. Be happy that you have a job that you get paid well above minimum wage to sit on your arse and wave at trucks. When most officers have to get up and do something they complain and whine because they have to get up. Be glad you are still collecting high risk retirement, because most do not deserve it. Hell most do not deserve the paycheck the get. OALE will never have take home cars. Paying $25.00 for a take home?? Are you CRAZY??? It would cost more in gas and maintenance than that. Comments like that just show how in the dark most in OALE are when it comes to real world economics.

07-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Most of those that are issued take home cars work out of their car...It's their office. You guys work a fixed post. I don't see how you can compare. I don't even understand why the supervisors get them. Where else are they going to respond to when off duty...other than their fixed post(s) to supervise their or someone elses squad?

07-14-2012, 03:05 AM
how can you justify giving a take home car to anyone? you cant. its a perk. Ag is just as deserving as any other SLEO, or local leo. it would attract more ppl to this agency, and keep some of those already here from leaving for greener pastures.

Issue cars to keep people from leaving? There will always be a line of people waiting to work for Aglaw that don't like DOC and can't quite find a match with a traditional patrol agency.

Patrol type agencies have justified take home cars for years. There's plenty of documentation showing the benefits. Unfortunantely, those benefits don't translate over to an agency that doesn't "patrol" or respond to any critical or emergency situations.

07-15-2012, 04:45 PM

Issue cars to keep people from leaving? There will always be a line of people waiting to work for Aglaw that don't like DOC and can't quite find a match with a traditional patrol agency.

Patrol type agencies have justified take home cars for years. There's plenty of documentation showing the benefits. Unfortunantely, those benefits don't translate over to an agency that doesn't "patrol" or respond to any critical or emergency situations.

Typical Tallahassee answer, it's the same reaseon the cameras, VACIS and K-9 are done away with. All of the the things Bronson did are being washed away by are own people who said they care. :lol:

07-16-2012, 07:57 PM

Typical Tallahassee answer, it's the same reaseon the cameras, VACIS and K-9 are done away with. All of the the things Bronson did are being washed away by are own people who said they care. :lol:

Typical ramp monkey that has no clue answer, the cameras, VACIS and K-9 are gone because the funding/grant from the federal government is gone. Bronson had nothing to do with those things except to ok them, if he even did that. The people in Tallahassee must care, they got rid of the unfunded programs instead of getting rid of you. Cutting staffing in order to fund those programs is the only way they could have kept the programs. Educate yourself and understand before you post and make yourself look like a ignorant fool, get the "BIG PICTURE".

07-16-2012, 08:16 PM

Typical ramp monkey that has no clue answer, the cameras, VACIS and K-9 are gone because the funding/grant from the federal government is gone. Bronson had nothing to do with those things except to ok them, if he even did that. The people in Tallahassee must care, they got rid of the unfunded programs instead of getting rid of you. Cutting staffing in order to fund those programs is the only way they could have kept the programs. Educate yourself and understand before you post and make yourself look like a ignorant fool, get the "BIG PICTURE".

Thank you kernal Brian, the big pictsure is bad.

07-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Typical ramp monkey that has no clue answer, the cameras, VACIS and K-9 are gone because the funding/grant from the federal government is gone. ///

And yet other agencies are running around in armored cars and high speed patrol boats
flush with Home Land Security money. So then. Who dropped the ball in Ag.

07-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Thank you kernal Brian, the big pictsure is bad.

It could be worse:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/3 ... 44364.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/31/police-layoffs-florida_n_1244364.html)
http://sarasota.patch.com/articles/hiri ... nce-budget (http://sarasota.patch.com/articles/hiring-freeze-police-cuts-considered-to-balance-budget)

07-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Typical ramp monkey that has no clue answer, the cameras, VACIS and K-9 are gone because the funding/grant from the federal government is gone. ///

And yet other agencies are running around in armored cars and high speed patrol boats

Armored cars and high speed patrol boats are different than VACIS trucks with unfunded $100,000 dollar a year maintenance contracts per truck and K9 programs that cost about the same per year and is unfunded. The cameras were an experiment that was funded by the feds, and the money is gone. Even if there was money in the budget for these things they did not produce anywhere near enough to justify their cost. When times are lean you cut the fat, those programs were the unfunded fat. Now get off your fat arse and do your job and quit whining. If you want armored cars and high speed patrol boats then get lean and go to an agency that has them. Be glad people do not know the truth of this agency, if they did they would see some more FAT to cut in these lean times.

07-17-2012, 09:42 PM
This whole entire agency is fat that can be trimmed. Any work done is currently done by civilians (DPI turning back trucks, DAI doing inspections) and could continue to be done by civilians. Nobody ever gets criminally charged for violations, they only have to dump the commodity and leave. Health certificate violations could be quarantined to destination and referred to local LE if there is some indication of fraud. Get ready, folks, we're going to be replaced with civilians next year.

07-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Armored cars and high speed patrol boats are different than VACIS trucks with unfunded $100,000 dollar a year maintenance contracts per truck and K9 programs that cost about the same per year and is unfunded. The cameras were an experiment that was funded by the feds, and the money is gone. Even if there was money in the budget for these things they did not produce anywhere near enough to justify their cost. When times are lean you cut the fat, those programs were the unfunded fat. Now get off your fat arse and do your job and quit whining. If you want armored cars and high speed patrol boats then get lean and go to an agency that has them. Be glad people do not know the truth of this agency, if they did they would see some more FAT to cut in these lean times.

Ramp monkeys! How about Command monkeys. This place is being deystroyed by DROP monkeys who don't care. You have gutless greedy commanders in Tallahassee. I listen to them and watch them. Your "Colonel" and his cronies don't care about troops, they care about a paycheck.