PDA

View Full Version : Nasty

02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
"Guest Again" man you are nasty. I have read many of your posts and you are pretty negative. We should never have any kind of dialog and we sure should not have any opinions that differ from yours. I agree if someone wants to leave then they should leave. This is America after all. However, I also agree on several points we are not well paid compared to other departments. I cannot afford to go skiing in Colorado or any of the other things you do so I would love a higher salary. I would love to be shown a small amount of respect from the people I work for. I think that would make me feel good inside. I love working with the kids and try to change their lives in positive ways. I also work my tail off at a very busy school and I do more than just write tickets. If you do not want more money then fine be happy with what you are paid but don’t look down you nose at the majority of us who would like the extra cash. Maybe, even support the guys asking for more money instead of being such a negative. I don’t care about the take home car, or taking my car to other school sites when I am needed. When I applied for this job, I understood those were the things that I was expected to do. I would like to have a little money left over at the end of the month. I make basically after six years what the guy that starts tomorrow makes, if they can get someone. I did not sign up for that however. I support the efforts at today’s meeting 100%, wish it was at a time that I could go. I also am thankful that there are some brothers and sisters in blue and green that will take up our cause when all we can do is bash each other.

02-13-2008, 10:09 PM
"Guest Again" man you are nasty. I have read many of your posts and you are pretty negative. We should never have any kind of dialog and we sure should not have any opinions that differ from yours. I agree if someone wants to leave then they should leave. This is America after all. However, I also agree on several points we are not well paid compared to other departments. I cannot afford to go skiing in Colorado or any of the other things you do so I would love a higher salary. I would love to be shown a small amount of respect from the people I work for. I think that would make me feel good inside. I love working with the kids and try to change their lives in positive ways. I also work my tail off at a very busy school and I do more than just write tickets. If you do not want more money then fine be happy with what you are paid but don’t look down you nose at the majority of us who would like the extra cash. Maybe, even support the guys asking for more money instead of being such a negative. I don’t care about the take home car, or taking my car to other school sites when I am needed. When I applied for this job, I understood those were the things that I was expected to do. I would like to have a little money left over at the end of the month. I make basically after six years what the guy that starts tomorrow makes, if they can get someone. I did not sign up for that however. I support the efforts at today’s meeting 100%, wish it was at a time that I could go. I also am thankful that there are some brothers and sisters in blue and green that will take up our cause when all we can do is bash each other.

Cruise the Caribbean or go skiing. He must one of those double dippers or has a sugar momma. That's why he's afraid to leave her home alone!

02-14-2008, 05:41 AM
agree with you. You call me negative but I enjoy the job as you do. You sound level headed and my issue is not with you. My strong comments to the PBSO takeover comments are more of a survival response than anything else. When officers call for a take over and instantly attack the retired officers as being an obstacle or not a team player I take issue with that. PBSO is a wonderful organization but is not the magic answer that will make everything better. I can assure you that I know first hand it won't be what you think it will be. Sticking together and trying to negotiate a better contract is something we should all do. However, don’t lose focus on what it is we already have. If given the opportunity to work the schedule we do, most departments would jump at the chance and might even give up some other benefit they now have in order to get it. Let’s not stoop to the level of the district but let’s show them that we are above that and are professional.