PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Question

02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I have a few years experience nearby, but have had some run ins with IA when I was a rookie. Nothing too bad, but I dont want to get into detail on a public forum. Should I consider applying, or is it a waste? I had planned on applying way back when, but my agency offered me a job immediately upon graduation. Thanks. You guys and girls be safe

02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
If you have propblems, stay where you are or you will be writing alot of memos.

02-15-2008, 04:44 AM
It would be hard to say without knowing the basis of the I.A.'s and the dispostion of them. The application process is free and you never know until you try. GOOD LUCK!!!

02-16-2008, 11:26 PM
FIRST OF ALL GOOBERS.. WE DONT HAVE " IA's" AT THE PCSO.. THEY ARE
" AI's" - Hence the Administrative Investigation title...

02-17-2008, 02:55 AM
I have a few years experience nearby, but have had some run ins with IA when I was a rookie. Nothing too bad, but I dont want to get into detail on a public forum. Should I consider applying, or is it a waste? I had planned on applying way back when, but my agency offered me a job immediately upon graduation. Thanks. You guys and girls be safe

I hear there's a few open positions at the Hillsborough SO...hahahahahaha

02-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Internal Affairs on your record follow you wherever you go. It's like a thorn that festers with you no matter how long you stay in law enforcement whether you are exonerated or not, the record is permanent. Almost every agency will do a file review on the circumstances of your internal affairs when you make application. If you have several on your file, recruiters will compare you to applicants who have none and give preerence to those individuals who lack experience. The mind set is that they (recuiters) would rather get someone fresh and mold them to the agency's way of thinking. The other issue is if you get hired, get into another internal affairs or other situation down the line then everyone will read it in the Ledger which will also mention your former IA's at the other agency. That's the way it is. Chaper 119 allows this and the press unfortunately know it all too well.
If your record fits this circumstance you may want to apply at a smaller agency who may not be so particular. PCSO and the other larger agencies in the county pretty much follow the same screening and mind set theories as it relates to applicants.
Best of Luck. :?: