PDA

View Full Version : 2008

02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
what are you Plantation Officers going to do in 2008?

02-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Same danm thing we did last year............... it looks like it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a -hole

02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
mow some more lawns

02-10-2008, 02:09 AM
mow some more lawns
nahhhhhhhhhhh thinking more along the lines of making a video!!!!!!!!!

02-11-2008, 02:04 AM
Same danm thing we did last year............... it looks like it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a -hole you aint shi* without that badge and gun

02-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Same danm thing we did last year............... it looks like it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a -hole you aint shi* without that badge and gun

Neither are you being an anonymous! dont be a hater

02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Same danm thing we did last year............... it looks like it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a -hole you aint shi* without that badge and gunYou aint shi* without a keyboard. Now go back under your boss's desk and start working on that raise.

02-12-2008, 04:33 AM
There cant be too much going on in the city because I see the administration jogging everyday.

All is well.

02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
There cant be too much going on in the city because I see the administration jogging everyday.

All is well.
They dont work ......... so you can't count that !!!!!!!!!!!! loloollololol

02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
like everyday.........NOTHING !!!!!! so go to sleep while we work with "6" unless you want to add our k-9 and traffic guy......Ok, "7-9" of us at night........
but the City is building pretty brick and concrete signs for every neighborhood......

02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
hummmm arent' those signs about $50,000 ????
we have old unsafe vehicles, no backup vehicles, short staffed, no spare equipment, but the city can build neighborhood signs...???

sounds like a trade-off, the publics safety for pretty signs.........

02-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Seems about right for the City to spend about $50,000 on stupid brick signs that kids are just going to vandalize every night while there are officers driving vehicles with 100,000+ miles on them. Oh don't forget about all those green and orange trollys that are driving around Plantation aimlessly with no passengers that costs thousands. What about all the street signs that Plantation decided to order-not from the county- that cost like $15,000 each. Or all those lovely golf courses and parks that keep going up.

What about salary increases? Equiptment updates? Higher SWAT budget?
New patrol cars? Bigger budget to get more officers on the road?

It would be nice to see all the money in Plantation to go to beneficial contributions. But, then again...in Plantation the Grass is Greener. ( Because we waste our money fertilizing, cropping, and planting that grass).

we have old unsafe vehicles, no backup vehicles, short staffed, no spare equipment, but the city can build neighborhood signs...???

02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Seems about right for the City to spend about $50,000 on stupid brick signs that kids are just going to vandalize every night while there are officers driving vehicles with 100,000+ miles on them. Oh don't forget about all those green and orange trollys that are driving around Plantation aimlessly with no passengers that costs thousands. What about all the street signs that Plantation decided to order-not from the county- that cost like $15,000 each. Or all those lovely golf courses and parks that keep going up.

What about salary increases? Equiptment updates? Higher SWAT budget?
New patrol cars? Bigger budget to get more officers on the road?

It would be nice to see all the money in Plantation to go to beneficial contributions. But, then again...in Plantation the Grass is Greener. ( Because we waste our money fertilizing, cropping, and planting that grass).

Wow. From what I read on here I think I should move to Plantation. It sounds like the city is working hard to make it a beautiful place to live and raise a family. If only they could change the boundaries for their high schools. I would never allow my child to go to school with those Lauderhill animal types.

Fancy neighborhood signs, nice lighting and street signs. Have any of you taken a look at Kendall or Hialeah ? It appears that Plantation has and doesn't want to look anything like that. Look at the big picture people. It's not all about you.

You have a job. You have a pension that you will collect when it's over. If you happen to work after your shift is over you get paid time and 1/2 for it. You have a car with 100,000 miles. Big deal. It still works and you don't have to pay for it. Stop being cry babies and man up. You got your fancy raise a year and a half ago or so and stopped complaining for a while. You guys have no idea how good you have it.

02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Wow. From what I read on here I think I should move to Plantation. It sounds like the city is working hard to make it a beautiful place to live and raise a family. If only they could change the boundaries for their high schools. I would never allow my child to go to school with those Lauderhill animal types.

Fancy neighborhood signs, nice lighting and street signs. Have any of you taken a look at Kendall or Hialeah ? It appears that Plantation has and doesn't want to look anything like that. Look at the big picture people. It's not all about you.

You have a job. You have a pension that you will collect when it's over. If you happen to work after your shift is over you get paid time and 1/2 for it. You have a car with 100,000 miles. Big deal. It still works and you don't have to pay for it. Stop being cry babies and man up. You got your fancy raise a year and a half ago or so and stopped complaining for a while. You guys have no idea how good you have it.

So you'd rather live in a pretty place than a safe place? It isn't the fancy neighborhood signs, nice lighting or street signs that keep you and your family safe from the (as you so tactfully put it) "Lauderhill animal types". It's your local police officers. And when they don't have enough manpower or proper equipment, then I guess you'll just have to wait for the one cop who is available to take your call to get to you on foot because his beat up old car just broke down. Maybe YOU should look at the big picture. All those pretty amenities aren't worth a dime when the city has a reputation as a dangerous place to live because the citizens don't have adequate police protection.

02-14-2008, 09:38 PM

So you'd rather live in a pretty place than a safe place? It isn't the fancy neighborhood signs, nice lighting or street signs that keep you and your family safe from the (as you so tactfully put it) "Lauderhill animal types". It's your local police officers. And when they don't have enough manpower or proper equipment, then I guess you'll just have to wait for the one cop who is available to take your call to get to you on foot because his beat up old car just broke down. Maybe YOU should look at the big picture. All those pretty amenities aren't worth a dime when the city has a reputation as a dangerous place to live because the citizens don't have adequate police protection.
Iguess he told you ,,,,,,,,, you racsist piece of shit!!!! there are animals everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,, even in plantation dumb azz!!!!!!!

02-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Come on now guys and gals....
We did get our contract and were paid pretty well. Our pension isnt the best but its not too shabby either
Every one of us has an assigned car
Ask some of the older guys how bad it was when we had shift pool cars and had to trade radios and worked with 6 guys a shift on mids with 5 nightclubs on SR7
Do we need more officers and equipment....sure....I dont like having to buy leather/guns/etc. But were getting there......Its a painfully slow process but thats why we have to be involved and watch what there doing across the street to the west
Unfortunately, with Amendment 1 passing, its only going to get worse before better....
The city has to play a delicate balancing act between its citizens and its employees.....especially when they expect amenities....signs, brick entryways and parks
The public has spoken and they dont care about us.......a double edged sword if you will....they want tax cuts but they want pretty city's and to be safe and secure
Go figure.....cuz I cant understand it!!!!

02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Spoken like a true FOP appeasement rep! Boo..who… the city has to return to their old funding levels… How will we ever survive???
The city has run the police department into this predicament because they chose to allow our equipment to get run down in order to fulfill other projects, like golf courses, horse arena’s ect. Now they will throw the citizens the blame for them having no money? The citizens of Plantation did not vote against us, they voted for themselves. Do you think every citizen in our city lives in the acres? What about the one who can’t afford their houses either, just like most of us? I guess they should find a way to cough up more tax money this way the mayor can leave her legacy of parks and signs behind!
The bottom line is we have patrol cars with 130 thousand miles on them. Our MP5’s were purchased in the early 1980’s. Our ballistic shields are ridiculously old, our SWAT guys don’t have rifle plates, and our rookies have to spend a couple thousand just for the privilege of working here and it is all because of years and years of putting off purchases in lieu of other “pretty” projects. Now we find ourselves in the boat we are in.
Who is to blame you ask? Every one who ever used the fraise “Don’t complain because when I started…” It was this mindset that constantly allowed our agency, city and FOP body to settle for well below standards.

02-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I always love when some old timer says...remember when. We used to have to use pool cars and old tin cans as radios blah, blah. So because you had poor equipment and bad working conditions we all should stand by and settle for the same? The city is hiring college grads, military and ex law enforcement because they expect the best recruits that we can get and in exchange we feel that they should provide the best for us. It's a fair exchange. It's great to have stories from the good old days but remember, 20 years ago you had a different style of criminals and cops. It's nothing like the thugs of today! Be happy with what we have, never. Always strive for better.

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

02-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I always love when some old timer says...remember when. We used to have to use pool cars and old tin cans as radios blah, blah. So because you had poor equipment and bad working conditions we all should stand by and settle for the same? The city is hiring college grads, military and ex law enforcement because they expect the best recruits that we can get and in exchange we feel that they should provide the best for us. It's a fair exchange. It's great to have stories from the good old days but remember, 20 years ago you had a different style of criminals and cops. It's nothing like the thugs of today! Be happy with what we have, never. Always strive for better.

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

After reading the last two posts, I have to stand with my fellow brothers who are new here. I have 20+ on and I do remember those times, sure its better now, but I should be a lot better and why should we lay down and let the powers that be run evrything. Its sad that a new hire has to spend his own money on standard issued equipment that 99% of other agencies give out. We have to pay $$ to serve and protect? hmm?
Im glad the newer generation is fighting for whats right, keep up the good work, there are some old timers who support ya.
Stay safe

02-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Spoken like a true FOP appeasement rep! Boo..who… the city has to return to their old funding levels… How will we ever survive???
The city has run the police department into this predicament because they chose to allow our equipment to get run down in order to fulfill other projects, like golf courses, horse arena’s ect. Now they will throw the citizens the blame for them having no money? The citizens of Plantation did not vote against us, they voted for themselves. Do you think every citizen in our city lives in the acres? What about the one who can’t afford their houses either, just like most of us? I guess they should find a way to cough up more tax money this way the mayor can leave her legacy of parks and signs behind!
The bottom line is we have patrol cars with 130 thousand miles on them. Our MP5’s were purchased in the early 1980’s. Our ballistic shields are ridiculously old, our SWAT guys don’t have rifle plates, and our rookies have to spend a couple thousand just for the privilege of working here and it is all because of years and years of putting off purchases in lieu of other “pretty” projects. Now we find ourselves in the boat we are in.
Who is to blame you ask? Every one who ever used the fraise “Don’t complain because when I started…” It was this mindset that constantly allowed our agency, city and FOP body to settle for well below standards.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO old timer here (18) I agree , the city should be paying for most of the equipment BUT and I do say BUT I'm not waiting for them cause lets face it they do not give a shit about us!!!! so i take MY MONEY and make sure i have the right tools to deal with those pieces of crap we deal with on a daily basis!!!!

02-16-2008, 08:59 PM
You're making sense. Keep up the good job guys. New hires are sharp. A good mechanic buys his own tools because that's his livelyhood. How much more important is your equipment, madeto save your life or the life of the citizens you protect. The city should provide that equipment but it's good to see the old guys and newer officers taking pride and the serious nature of this job and arming themselves with the proper equipment. The job's more dangerous than ever, stay sharp.

02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree with the equipment issues. I would like to add that those who think the thugs now are worse are mistaken. The thugs 20-30 years ago were just as bad, cops still got shot at and killed, and it took the same balls to do the job then as it does now.

05-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Anything I feel like GOSH :roll:

05-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Lets not forget, by providing our own tools we have some control over the quality. We all know anything provided by the city will be from the lowest bidder, leaving us with items like this vest that has been resized twice and still doesn't fit.

05-31-2008, 01:08 AM

YOOOOOOOOOOOO old timer here (18) I agree , the city should be paying for most of the equipment BUT and I do say BUT I'm not waiting for them cause lets face it they do not give a shizzat about us!!!! so i take MY MONEY and make sure i have the right tools to deal with those pieces of crap we deal with on a daily basis!!!!

I GUESS YOU BROTHERS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ABOUT HOW TWO FELLOW BROTHERS VOTED AGAINST A FELLOW BROTHER ON HIS RETIREMENT BOARD??????? HTF CAN WE LET OUR ""ELECTED UNION OFFICERS SCREW ONE OF OUR FELLOW MEMBERS?????? I DON'T CARE WHO HE HE ,,,HE IS A FELLOW UNION MEMBERS???? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?????

05-31-2008, 01:11 AM

YOOOOOOOOOOOO old timer here (18) I agree , the city should be paying for most of the equipment BUT and I do say BUT I'm not waiting for them cause lets face it they do not give a shizzat about us!!!! so i take MY MONEY and make sure i have the right tools to deal with those pieces of crap we deal with on a daily basis!!!!

I GUESS YOU BROTHERS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ABOUT HOW TWO FELLOW BROTHERS VOTED AGAINST A FELLOW BROTHER ON HIS RETIREMENT BOARD??????? HTF CAN WE LET OUR ""ELECTED UNION OFFICERS SCREW ONE OF OUR FELLOW MEMBERS?????? I DON'T CARE WHO HE HE ,,,HE IS A FELLOW UNION MEMBERS???? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?????

Just another example of everyone having their own agenda, they must be trying to ki$$ somebodies a$$ for a position. Good 'ole boy puppet show.

06-01-2008, 10:52 PM
[quote="Don't Blame them!":3voueqgq]Spoken like a true FOP appeasement rep! Boo..who… the city has to return to their old funding levels… How will we ever survive???

Just another example of everyone having their own agenda, they must be trying to ki$$ somebodies a$$ for a position. Good 'ole boy puppet show.[/quote:3voueqgq]

Welllllllllll danmmmmmmmmm hate to say it but something was on video and they still have there job??????????????????? and they vote against him??????????????????????????????/ the plot thickens???????

06-02-2008, 02:28 AM
How did the Union screw over one of it's own members who was trying the cheat the system?

That money comes out of your pension fund.

06-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree with the equipment issues. I would like to add that those who think the thugs now are worse are mistaken. The thugs 20-30 years ago were just as bad, cops still got shot at and killed, and it took the same balls to do the job then as it does now.

Not that Im shocked or even surprised, can anyone put information here about if the city is entertaining the possibility of taking away take home vehicles. Understanding that gas will be $5.00 soon.

06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Where are they going to park them if they did? Construction is going to start on the old building and the back lot is going to be full of trailers.

06-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Where are they going to park them if they did? Construction is going to start on the old building and the back lot is going to be full of trailers.

True, however if the city can get any edge on their so called dire fianacial situation, I would bet they find a way to do it.

06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
mow some more lawns
nahhhhhhhhhhh thinking more along the lines of making a video!!!!!!!!![/quote

Your cell phone has amazaing photo & video capabilities. Then you can show it to the rest of your coworkers at the PD...That ought to keep you busy for a bit. Have fun!