PDA

View Full Version : was that a banquet or a church service?

02-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Here’s a quick way to save the union $20,000. End the banquet. Less then ¼ of the people that attend are dues paying members. And the people that do attend are tired of “W’s” religious sermons during the event. It is an embarrassment and that is why most people left as soon as they got the chance.

02-09-2008, 05:53 PM
I certainly agree with that. Time to put some class back in to it. That DJ was a joke. Hope he worked free.

02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I had so much fun. This was the best year yet. I didn't even have to deal with all the drunks. If you don't like it then don't go. You know what to expect. it is no surprise. And with the DJ. You wouldn't of danced no matter who it was. I loved it and I danced all night. It was great!
Walser you are awesome. I think you did a great job! You can't please everyone.

02-10-2008, 02:02 AM
My husband has been on this police department for 18 years!! You jerks who are complaining about religion should be ashamed of yourselves. How dare your bash religion??? Is it because you are a criminal or an immoral person?? That is what is wrong with people today NO MORALS iespecially in this ploice department........Jus :( t remember You will be judged

02-10-2008, 02:47 AM
I certainly agree with that. Time to put some class back in to it. That DJ was a joke. Hope he worked free.

I thought it was very classy! Don't bother coming next time, no one will miss you, just like in years past. I'm sure your rat shooting club will be glad your back. LOSER! You wouldn't recognize class if it hit you in the assets.

02-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Here’s a quick way to save the union $20,000. End the banquet. Less then ¼ of the people that attend are dues paying members. And the people that do attend are tired of “W’s” religious sermons during the event. It is an embarrassment and that is why most people left as soon as they got the chance.

You, my friend.......are the embarrASSment. Don't come next time, no one will miss you. Get over yourself, everyone else has.

Did you even go to the banquet? There were way more then 1/4 of the dues paying members there and if they got rid of the banquet, you would be the first to complain about it, now wouldn't you?

02-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Kept all the swinger/swapper types out this year. good riddance!!!!!

02-11-2008, 03:42 AM

Athiest dues paying Union member here (immoral criminal type to some). I don't mind the sermons, even if its not my faith- they are meant to share compassion and concern, not brow beat with 'moral rightousness'.
I did enjoy the banquet, even though the DJ seemed to work contrary to that...and yes, I would have danced more if the music was better. I went for the pleasure of the company of my comrades and thier family members in an environment with some finesse and culture to smile and laugh.
I am happy that no serious melodrama's or visible BS unfolded this year, maybe that's why you didn't like it. It was worth it for me and mine. Thank you to the Union board.