PDA

View Full Version : CPD DISPATCHERS

02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Why can some employees of the communication center get away with saying they can not dispatch on the new system. FIRE THEM I SAY!!! Roll with the changes or get the FU@# out.

02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
There are only 2 dispatchers that have said that. They are now going through re-training. One of them missed so much work after the new system was put in she could not remember how to use it when she came back to work. The first one I can understand and would see why the re-training is needed. The 2nd person came to mids from days the beginning of January and then made the statement that "on dayshift all she did was place units on breaks and carwashes" and she hardly had any radio traffic or calls like they have on mids so she didn't feel that she could adequately dispatch on mids with being an officer saftey issue. PLEASE! Day shift can be just as busy on as mids, I've worked both..infact sometimes day shift is busier than mids! Keep in mind she dispatched just fine on days since October when Tri-Tech went live. So i'm sure she was working on this angle, so to speak, for a while. Once that person was told she was being placed on an action plan she back tracked her statement and told supervisor's that is not what she meant. Believe me, all the comm employees are fed up with it. It's not great being on dispatch for 7 + hours and not having anyone to relieve you for a lunch and or break except the supervisor because we're already short staffed. Or the majority of people in the room are just released call trainees. And think about it...If a Detective, who works up there on OT a few hours a week, can dispatch why can't someone who has been dispatching up there for years do it? I agree, if you can't do this job, which you've done for the past 6 + years...maybe it's time to get your *ss out the door and find something else.

02-12-2008, 02:53 PM
No One is really in charge any more.

02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Why is this true? You would think that someone would step up and be in charge. I mean ggeeezzzzz.

02-13-2008, 03:19 AM
How many road guys have volunteered to come in the Comm Center and "show em' how it's supposed to be done"???

Oh, I get it...easier to sit on the other side of the mike and ***** huh?

If anyone with a badge can do it better, I say 1) step into the elevator and press 2...2) take a seat and sit down....someone could probably use a bathroom break...you see, dispatchers just can't use the bathroom any time they want..much different than being out in a vehicle by yourself and not calling out when you have to use the john.

:lol:

02-13-2008, 04:07 AM
I personally appreciate the job most of you do. I can't imagine being couped inside a building my entire career. It takes different types of team members to make the team function properly and you guys are an important part of the team. As far as pushing the button to come to the second floor, I put myself on the list to do that when it first started but unless you have a HOOK or were on LIGHT DUTY we didn't have a chance. That turned out to the biggest scam.

Oh well, thanks again.

02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
How many road guys have volunteered to come in the Comm Center and "show em' how it's supposed to be done"???

Oh, I get it...easier to sit on the other side of the mike and ***** huh?

If anyone with a badge can do it better, I say 1) step into the elevator and press 2...2) take a seat and sit down....someone could probably use a bathroom break...you see, dispatchers just can't use the bathroom any time they want..much different than being out in a vehicle by yourself and not calling out when you have to use the john.

:lol:

I don't think the consensus is that all of you cannot do your job. I for one think the majority of you up there do a fine job. There are a few that need to go however, and they are obvious. When a dispatcher sounds as if she does not care or that we are bothering her when we ask for such annoying things like, a burglary suspects description, during an in progress call, or maybe some more information when you are heading to a vague call for service. Like I said, most of you do really well with the exception of one or two. Keep up the good work and the miserable ones will soon become so miserable inside that maybe they just won't show up one day and the problem will be solved.

If you are one of tghe miserable ones, please really try to make an attitude change or just quit, please, we do not need to deal with your crap in addition to the crap on the streets. For all the others, keep up the great work you do.

02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
1. BS
2. TS
3. TP
4. DL
5. BS again
6. BS again

03-02-2008, 03:27 AM
1. TS
2. TS
3. TS
4. TS
5. TS

The famous quote "Love you!".... she don't care, just uses people to they are dry...... at lease shes not climbing threw windows anymore.. lol

03-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Exactly how many good distpatchers have quit during the past year? Somone claimed the number was ten! If this is in fact a true statement, why hasn't any action been taken to rectify the situation?

It seems the bottom line is that no one cares! Until an officer gets killed or badly injured as a direct cause of an inept, uneducatated, lack of common sense dispatcher, there will be no improvements.

The consenus now seems to be why change a bad thing, because the SO is taking over.

The number one priority needs to be, getting rid of the useless garbage!

03-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Here's the updated list of the dumbest dispatchers at CPD:

1. TP

2. GW

3. Amb (unk last name)

4. DL

5. GW (again)

Does everyone know GW is now training future dispatchers? This is a prime example of the sad management that is currently in charge of CPD's comm center.

Don't forget boys and girls to watch the nail biting segment of Blue Line CPD... "The exciting life of a dispatcher."

03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Well when the "communications manager" appears on Blueline and basically compares dispatching to waitressing by saying that "some of our best dispatchers are previous waitresses" - completely not true - we have a problem. That also just goes to show you what kind of demographic they are marketing to for hiring. Nothing against waitresses or servers but dispatchers do much more than seat tables of 4 and refill drinks. Yeah, GW is training new operators. Many of the previous trainers got tired of VM's lack of care or concern with the training program and stopped training. That's what happens when you have a supervisor who is head of the training program that can't be bothered to answer emails, communicate with the trainers or even come to work. They used to have meetings monthly to go over training, the last one they had was back in 06 maybe early 07. I don't even think the training material is updated with to go along with the wonderful Tri-Tech System. They need to switch out supervisors in the training position and get some fresh blood in there to to get it back on track. If that happened maybe we would be flushing out the bad trainees who really can't do the job instead of just pushing them through just to fill the empty spaces on the floor. The more recent batch of trainees is a joke. Most have kids - no offense - but they constantly are calling out sick because their kids are sick, are sick all the times themselves or have other personal problems that distract them from the job. So untill we start hiring smart, able and educated people instead of the lowest in the pile we are going to continue to have this problem.

03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Don't worry about a thing because you will all be waitresses soon when the SO takes over dispatch.

03-16-2008, 02:08 AM
because she is so predictable. Yes she's a User, and you cant trust her, but everyone knows that, and it's always good to be on guard around her when she lays on the "lovie dovey" real thick at times. However, she is a good dispatcher, always has been and always will be. It's a shame that her personality type will always prevent her from becoming a Supervisor.

03-16-2008, 02:21 AM
And she is one operator that I've never heard say a bad thing about anyone. I think she voluntarily stepped down as a dispatcher.

03-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Here's the updated list of the dumbest dispatchers at CPD:

1. TP

2. GW

3. Amb (unk last name)

4. DL

5. GW (again)

Does everyone know GW is now training future dispatchers? This is a prime example of the sad management that is currently in charge of CPD's comm center.

Don't forget boys and girls to watch the nail biting segment of Blue Line CPD... "The exciting life of a dispatcher."

And I suppose you are supercop? Must be nice to sit and name and criticize. BTW it doesnt take a genius to be able to know who you mentioned. Go to hell you coward.

03-29-2008, 09:20 PM
All you need to do is ask around. I know for a fact that when certain dispathers are on the radio, (everyone knows who they are), we watch our own backs.

Besides, isn't GW getting reading and writing lessons from JF's kids? I heard she is up to a 1st grade level, congraulations!

04-24-2008, 02:29 AM
That’s funny you say that LEO1, try learning how to spell congratulations before commenting on other people's grammar

05-10-2008, 06:02 PM
RN is cutting overtime left and right....he will probably leave us short just to impress 3rd floor.... !

05-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Cutting overtime might be an element of saving your job. Budgets do get cut. The job you do is importmant and demanding..but...the money only goes so far. In lean times you need to adapt. Be thankful for your job with good pay and benefits. Have a great day!! :D