PDA

View Full Version : What is going on????

02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I used to work for the S.O. and left because of the drama in the jail - I had brought the issues to my "supervisor" who did NOTHING. So, I thought "It's time for a change". I left and went to a completely different job environment - which I did not enjoy. I made a couple of attempts at getting re-hired with the S.O. but was told the jobs that they were hiring for were only "open within the department". I have since found out that someone who does NOT have Law Enforcement experience was hired for the "inside only" job. Hmm...makes me wonder - does this fall under NEPOTISM?? :x
"Nepotism is the showing of favoritism toward relatives, based upon that relationship, rather than on an objective evaluation of ability or suitability. For instance, offering employment to a relative, despite the fact that there are others who are better qualified and willing to perform the job, would be considered nepotism.". (The definition)
I think so!
It didn't work for me though since I am related to people that work for the SO. I guess it's because i'm fat & ugly in their opinion. It's either all about looks or who you know.
Typical Highlands County Good Ol' Boy System. It's has NOTHING to do with your experience & ability. It's all a FAMILY TRADITION. :roll:

02-07-2008, 03:26 AM
Well, there are a few things I can say about this post.
First, I agree that the drama in the jail is ridiculous. Most people that work in the jail are more worried about what the other officers are doing, and butting into other peoples lives than they are about minding their business and doing their own jobs. So that part I agree with.
The part about only caring about someones looks puzzles me though.....have you honestly looked at what the people that work in the jail look like. 99 percent of them could not have gotten their jobs by their looks, because they are nothing to look at!

02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh yeah! Trust me, I know that the majority of the people that work in the jail (and I'm referring to females here...) they are BIG girls! I'm NOT THAT big. I'm more questioning the administration department. The "up front" jobs. Which I will not name the actual job I am talking about because i'll never hear the end of it - but those jobs are the ones that no matter how much previous experience you have, unless you've got what "they" are looking for (looks, and the ability to play the "game") then you're hired. If you don't put up with drama then you're "not what they are looking for" or they tell you these jobs are only "open within". That's a flat out lie. They don't want to hire someone with years of experience, they want someone who looks good who may not know all the "dirty secrets" of the place. It's nonsense.