PDA

View Full Version : miami roc and racinos

02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Other than the salary vs. cost of living, why does everyone speak negatively about new agents being assigned to miami roc .

and whats the gripe about working in a racino

02-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Other than the salary vs. cost of living, why does everyone speak negatively about new agents being assigned to miami roc .

and whats the gripe about working in a racino

Boring

No Overtime

No take home car

High cost of living

02-05-2008, 04:28 AM
are racino agents full-fledged agents, or are they a special classification of agent, like the "security agents" at the governor's mansion? It almost sounds to me like they are a plainclothes version of capitol police. Not knocking DCP at all, it's just that the jobs seem very similar (physical security, lots of sitting around waiting for things to happen), plus the no take homes and what not. Are the racino guys treated like red-headed stepchildren the way DCP guys are, or are they a little more respected more along the lines of protective operations?

02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Every SA gets a car, SA's assigned to the racinos get them too. It's just another assignment.

02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
are racino agents full-fledged agents, or are they a special classification of agent, like the "security agents" at the governor's mansion? It almost sounds to me like they are a plainclothes version of capitol police. Not knocking DCP at all, it's just that the jobs seem very similar (physical security, lots of sitting around waiting for things to happen), plus the no take homes and what not. Are the racino guys treated like red-headed stepchildren the way DCP guys are, or are they a little more respected more along the lines of protective operations?

Yes

02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Every SA gets a car, SA's assigned to the racinos get them too. It's just another assignment.

They must be on back order then :?

Grumpy SA
02-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Racino is just another posting. Agents move in and out. Racinos have access to other funding. At start up, most agents got new computers, new cars, new Blackberries. There is some OT. There is a lot of ignorance about the posting, but most are happy where they are.

BOSMIA
02-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks Grumpy SA !!!

02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
The Blackberries are going to be history soon....

02-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong on this about the racino. When the amend. went thur, part of the amend. required a FDLE Agent on sight 24/7. I'm posting this because of the other post, asking why doesn't another agency take over. If I am recalling correct, it would take another amend.

The racinos have to pay the state X amount of money, to fund the agents and related expenses. Again all part of the amend.

What I was told, FDLE was added to the AMEND. by Tall. FDLE (HQ), for additional funding.

02-11-2008, 06:01 PM
What is a typical day for an SA in the racino unit?

Also, IF hired with FDLE how hard is it to go straight to the Gov. detail?

Thanks!

02-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Thanks!

Answer phones

Background checks

02-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Its boooooring!

02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Its boooooring!

care to elaborate?

02-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Its boooooring!

care to elaborate?

We don't chase down bad guys or go to calls with lights or sirens. It's not necessarily a bad thing but want you to know what to expect.

02-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Thanks!

If you want to try and get on with Protective Operations (Gov Detail), just let them know when you turn in your application...it's a good starting place if you don't want Miami or a racino....

02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Lima you are the man brother!

02-13-2008, 12:22 AM
You'd better be able to run like a RABBIT, why? who knows Jeb wanted it, now we got it....