PDA

View Full Version : MDPD to train MBPD for Field Force for IDB

02-03-2008, 06:10 AM
You heard it here first. After seeing how they operate during Memorial Day, you would think that we should be training them.

02-03-2008, 06:20 AM
WTF is going on over here?

02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Funny for FTAA we trained Sunny Isles, Bal Harbour and Pembroke Pines,
I think we know more about crowd control than any agency in Florida

02-04-2008, 04:33 AM
YEA THAT IS PROBABLY COMING FROM THEIR RETIRED L.T. THAT NOW WORKS WITH US.

02-05-2008, 05:33 AM
YEA THAT IS PROBABLY COMING FROM THEIR RETIRED L.T. THAT NOW WORKS WITH US.

He also is the brainchild behind the cameras in the station. Ever notice how he always opens up with, "when I was with the County". Don't be surprised if we end up wearing a brown uniform in the near future. He also suggested that a report be written for any call that an Officer responds to. "Every call should be a report call".

DD hired him and CN adores him. So get use to the conversion of MBPD.

02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
MDPD did great when the FTAA was here they watched everyone else do stuff.

02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
MY POINT IS: ideas that come from other agencies may be good/bad, we should take the good. He comes from an agency, which isn't perfect by any means, UNIFORMS, but they are a large agency which have positive ideas ideas we may consider.
And yes, don't mind the grammer, if that is all you can comment on.

There is always room for improvement.....

02-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Is cameras in the Station a good idea? How about reports for every police call.

There is a reason why City's are incorporating left and right. The County forgot how to do police work. And now we have this MG trying to convert us. If that guy shows me that ValuJet documentary one more time.....

I thought CN was going to set him straight when he became Chief. But just like a lot of other things I thought he was going to change. It didn't happen. It's the same old MBPD.

02-06-2008, 06:56 PM
you only need to worry about cameras if you have something to hide. if you cannot justify your actions that may be caught on camera maybe you shouldn't have done it.
cases numbers for every call is a pain in the arse but will justify on paper the amount of signals we take....

02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey Officer Perfect.

You don't need a case number to gauge how many "calls for service" we get.

I guess you don't watch too much TV. How many Officers get indicted off of videos that the Officers did everything by the book.

02-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Pretty soon we will be required to carry a whippet book in our rear left pocket.

I guess Officer Perfect is ok with this too.

02-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Hey Officer Perfect.

You don't need a case number to gauge how many "calls for service" we get.

I guess you don't watch too much TV. How many Officers get indicted off of videos that the Officers did everything by the book.
if you have been doing this job over 10-15 years then "YES" you do. it is a way of fighting the goofballs at city hall and the citizens when they complain we don't need raises, don't need more cops, or better up to date equipment. I do watch TV, and if that is what you are relying on for facts, you are as ignorant as the common citizen. If you you have any experience or common sense you will KNOW most Officers that get in trouble/indicted that have been video taped, has done something more than what the video showed. If you dont not know that, you are living in a dream world.
What's wrong with a wippet book in back pocket? It is a great tool.

02-09-2008, 01:32 AM
you only need to worry about cameras if you have something to hide. if you cannot justify your actions that may be caught on camera maybe you shouldn't have done it.
cases numbers for every call is a pain in the arse but will justify on paper the amount of signals we take....

this is obviously a jack ass who dosnt do the job any more ( hypocrite) or a zero who is an obvious zero

02-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Pardon the interruption, someone mentioned to me that your site was discussing this and I am aware that while we are all under the impression that none of us like each other, that is certainly not true I figured since I know something about the why that I would share it.
Mobile Field force this year is being offered by the County to everyone because we are dismantling the Jose Somohano killing. There have been plenty of arm chair quarterbacks talking about everything that could have, should have been done differently and now they have made a practical exercise out of the shooting. There were many complications and very little control over all the different entities that arrived to help so in an effort to prevent that from happening we are offering the training.
I run a field force on February 21 in the North end and I hope some of the municipalities decide to join. It won't be about the rap and tap as much as the learning about controlling a scene like Jose's killing.
Although I should mention that none of us in the County are complaining about whatever the incident was that allowed Labeet to get out of that perimeter, because later we got to kill him like the pig he was in a bathroom. I think that was a better end frankly. Anyway, thanks for the minute and keep safe.

02-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say it before... Sorry about the retired Lt. He can be a little well, you know already.

02-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I view of the fact that the Miami Police Department actually developed the Field Force Concept and MDPD just copied it, why don't we get our training from the people that know the most about it?

02-11-2008, 02:45 AM
MPD didn't develop the Filed Force Concept. Other agencies Nationwide and Statewide were Field Force certified before them, us, and MDPD.
We should take from any agency, any positive ideas, that will improve MBPD.

02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
You are sadly mistaken.
Do the research and you will find that it was Miami PD
Miami PD started their SWAT team in 1968, it wasn't until 1974 that MDPD, PSD then, started a half/assed HRT unit and had no SWAT School.
The only real SWAT Schools in the 70s and 80's were Miami, Miami Beach and Homestead.
The only field were MDPD excelled was in their Bomb-Disposal Unit. The man in charge of that unit (Brody) did develop the Bomb-trailer that exhausts the blast upward and is commonly seen everywhere today.
But as it is often the case, MDPD wants to take credit for everything, including the pocket calculator

02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
City of Miami developed the Field Force concept after the 1980 riots, of course Metro took credit for it.

02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Can the County please take back "Micro" Gruen?

02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
If MDPD (PSD) had a field force in 1980, why did the City of Miami PD had to rescue the police personnel that had been trapped by the rioters at their old HQ (now the Public Defender's Office), and Hialeah had to do the same thing at their old North Side Sub-Station?
The problem with MDPD is that there are a few of us around that remember.
You can bullshit some of the people some of the time . . . . . . . .

02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
PSD's first K-9's were trained by the Beach in the 70's. They really should not take credit for anything but Bomb-Disposal.