PDA

View Full Version : 2300.00

02-02-2008, 01:49 AM
I saw a poster that complained about all the salary related posts. And then the Captain chimed in;

I have read all the posts about salaries. I agree . But let me ask another question;

The way I read it, Troopers go to 7 months of training in Havana. Hey guys/gals, in 7 months I could be trained to pilot the space station.. But I still read posts from guys who say they are not trained properly?

If you got a head on your shoulders, and something between your ears you can train yourselves. Just rent a copy of "Stripes" and call it a day!

Now the real issue; If your net salary is 2300.00 monthly , .......

did I say 2300 monthly net..........nuff said

02-02-2008, 03:01 AM
I saw a poster that complained about all the salary related posts. And then the Captain chimed in;

I have read all the posts about salaries. I agree . But let me ask another question;

The way I read it, Troopers go to 7 months of training in Havana. Hey guys/gals, in 7 months I could be trained to pilot the space station.. But I still read posts from guys who say they are not trained properly?

If you got a head on your shoulders, and something between your ears you can train yourselves. Just rent a copy of "Stripes" and call it a day!

Now the real issue; If your net salary is 2300.00 monthly , .......

did I say 2300 monthly net..........nuff said

:cry:

02-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Great place to work isnt it? Here is what gets me. To be a federal agent with the FBI, DEA, ATF, etc you must do 26 weeks at the FLETC. To be a state trooper and work crashes you must do 30 weeks. Something is wrong here.

02-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Great place to work isnt it? Here is what gets me. To be a federal agent with the FBI, DEA, ATF, etc you must do 26 weeks at the FLETC. To be a state trooper and work crashes you must do 30 weeks. Something is wrong here.
Is it true that the academy is a 12 hour day or something like that 5 days a week?

02-03-2008, 05:03 AM
If you don't like your paycheck, quit and get a real Law Enforcement job!

02-04-2008, 03:55 AM

FBI and DEA have their own academy. And in Dade county, the academies are 9 months long due to the extra training in forensics (DNA and such) And to the guy who wants to train for space craft pilot in 30 weeks? Dude your so full of it you smell like sh*t. It takes years to train for a any space mission. And if you get into law enforcement, you will learn that all any academy teaches you is the book. It takes 3-4 years for a cop to have enough street time to be truly knowledgeable in there craft.

02-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Is it true that the academy is a 12 hour day or something like that 5 days a week?

:?: :?: :?:

02-04-2008, 04:39 PM

FBI and DEA have their own academy. And in Dade county, the academies are 9 months long due to the extra training in forensics (DNA and such) And to the guy who wants to train for space craft pilot in 30 weeks? Dude your so full of it you smell like sh*t. It takes years to train for a any space mission. And if you get into law enforcement, you will learn that all any academy teaches you is the book. It takes 3-4 years for a cop to have enough street time to be truly knowledgeable in there craft.

The Space Craft comment was obviously hyperbole. I understand his point (although you are right about DEA and FBI) BUT U.S. Secret Service, ATF, U.S. Capitol Police, U.S. Marshals all go to FLETC for about the same time as us. And yes, it does take time in the field to truly know what you're doing and there is def. some training once you leave FLETC but come on, he's absolutely correct. The Feds learn about explosives, counterfeiting, protecting world leaders and tracking down the worst fugitives in the nation in about the same time it takes FHP to teach us how to work a crash- and you know just as well as I do that working crashes and staying away from real police work is what makes the administration happy. So calm down man, he' s got a good point although he exaggerated. So what. If you want to continue to work crash after crash, go ahead man, stay safe in whatever you do and I'll be there to back you up if you ever need it.

02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
good posting FmrTpr

02-16-2008, 07:11 PM
It is all relative . . . .

02-16-2008, 07:29 PM
What if you want training to work space crashes?

02-16-2008, 08:38 PM
They added a couple more weeks on the academy so that they can study for their GED.

Haha, did I just say that?

I feel horrible.

Trooper

02-18-2008, 03:04 AM
They added a couple more weeks on the academy so that they can study for their GED.

Haha, did I just say that?

I feel horrible.

Trooper

That one brought a big ole smile to my face, hehe.....