PDA

View Full Version : 115 Class

01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I am hoping to be in the 116 class in July.

I'm in the final stages with my hiring process.

Can you tell me how hard it is in class?
What we should study, and how many failed so far.

01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Dont worry about who fails out.. You need to listen to the instructors and you should be fine. They dont want to run you off, but you will feel like they are. The State has invested too much money in you to get you there. Your days will start at about 4:30 AM and you end the day at 5:00PM. There is a lot of down time during the day. You will also have to type your notes from class after 5:00PM. Most important, you are not in it alone. There will be others going through it too.

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 02:06 PM
They make you guys type your notes now?????

01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
You might not see a 166 until the middle of next year.. sorry pal.

01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
You might not see a 166 until the middle of next year.. sorry pal.

I meant 116.

01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I recently applied as well. Since you start around 04:30 and end at 17:00 hours, do recruits get overtime while in the academy?

01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
You shouldn't have to worry since the new academy is designed for the modern day "vagina's!" Think of it as kinda like using that pink card in the military. As a certain LT at the academy says, "Its the more kindler gentle Highway Patrol!" This is so true! I don't know about the new CMS thats forced by FDLE but if your a pu$$ you should do fine in the academy!

01-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I recently applied as well. Since you start around 04:30 and end at 17:00 hours, do recruits get overtime while in the academy?

Yes, and it raises your salary from $2300 a month to $2350 a month!!! :roll: Get excited now! Your friends and family will be envious when you start bringing home those huge checks.

My friend that barely passed high school made more money than myself when I was in the academy and his pay raises since then means he is still making more money than myself. Oh by the way, he works 8-4 in a BANK!

01-30-2008, 10:36 PM
You shouldn't have to worry since the new academy is designed for the modern day "vagina's!" Think of it as kinda like using that pink card in the military. As a certain LT at the academy says, "Its the more kindler gentle Highway Patrol!" This is so true! I don't know about the new CMS thats forced by FDLE but if your a pu$$ you should do fine in the academy!

Clearly you've never been in the military...

01-30-2008, 11:34 PM
The best thing you can do at this point is get in top physical shape. Run!!

01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
The best thing you can do at this point is get in top physical shape. Run!!

Yes, you must be in great shape to run 3 miles and do jumping jacks in the gym :roll:

The time wasted at the academy doing "PT" could be better used to train on how not to get yourself killed on the street.

01-31-2008, 10:38 AM

your just pissed cause your the pu$$ that used it biatch!

01-31-2008, 12:24 PM

Wow you're ignorant, lol.... Talk to me after you've served... You really are a clown....

No "pink slips" where I came from....

Maybe you served in the "YMCA", "in the navy"....I hear they have lots of PINK slips there....

01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
[quote=guest101]You shouldn't have to worry since the new academy is designed for the modern day "vagina's!" Think of it as kinda like using that pink card in the military. As a certain LT at the academy says, "Its the more kindler gentle Highway Patrol!" This is so true! I don't know about the new CMS thats forced by FDLE but if your a pu$$ you should do fine in the academy!

Wow you're ignorant, lol.... Talk to me after you've served... You really are a clown....

No "pink slips" where I came from....

Maybe you served in the "YMCA", "in the navy"....I hear they have lots of PINK slips there....[/quote:3stj35lj]

Hey Out of Stater thanks for clearing that up! Personally, I don't think theres anything wrong with the Navy or any branch. I would so much rather be here taking crashes than being over seas right now anyway! There was actual rumors back in the 90's that the military used stress cards whenever a drill sgt was yelling at you that you could use a "stress card" or what I have always heard it as a pink slip/ card to use a "time out" so to speak! Never saw one, but always heard about it! What branch did you serve in by the way?

01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
The Navy rocks!! Haven't you ever watched Top Gun or The Hunt For Red October? :lol:

BOSMIA
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM

Wow long day!

02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
bosmia real cop can handle this , you better rethink it :D