PDA

View Full Version : Not looking so good!

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Well, Ive done the whole "email your rep". Mine told me that due to the poor economy that they were not able to give 140,000 state employees a raise. The exact statement was "But the state's economy is in trouble, so money for raises is not likely you or the other 140,000 state employees this year." The email went on to say, "We understand how difficult it is for you to make ends meet, and know being a deputy would give you a better salary to support your family. We hope you don't have to make that move, but understand if you do, and respect you too much to make empty promises."

I understand the the Colonel & Electra are trying to do, but the package set forth is nowhere near whats needed. PBA and GHQ must know that a little good is not going to fix a wound this big. What happened to the huge surplus that was a hot topic a few yrs ago? Where did that go?

If anyone from PBA is reading PM me!

01-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Perhaps a return letter reminding him our bill has it's own funding source and if he FAILS to act again next year the Legislature may be dealing with a budget shortfall and a trooper shortfall by mass exodus.

01-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Never fear Fellow Trooper! This WILL be the year for the big prize! In the end the state will come through with our proper due! Carry on! I salute you!..............

01-30-2008, 02:44 AM
They money is there, dont let them lie to you! More money can easily be gained as well by making small increases in certain fees. Florida is one of the wealthiest states in the country and yet has the poorest state employees. I want to know how that is possible!!!!! How are these little BFE states paying their state officers more? The answer...they care!!!!!

01-30-2008, 02:46 AM
Never mind a raise! Just get back out there and get Tally some ACTIVITY! YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-30-2008, 02:47 AM
Never fear Fellow Trooper! This WILL be the year for the big prize! In the end the state will come through with our proper due! Carry on! I salute you!..............

We cant even get a $500 per year of service pay increase!!! Do you think FHP will ever pay what other states pay? Heck no!!! FHP would easily have to increase their pay by 25% to get even in the middle of what the rest of the country pays.

01-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Never mind a raise! Just get back out there and get Tally some ACTIVITY! YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I will have to go on "strike" again with my activity? Nah, I will just quit... :D

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 03:17 AM

If this is true, tell us what you know.

01-30-2008, 03:31 AM
HECK WE JUST GOT 2.5% BACK IN OCT. 2006 AND A HANDSOME BONUS THIS YEAR! WHAT MORE COULD YOU GREEDY TROOPERS WANT! I FIGURE WE CAN ALL GET BY ANOTHER YEAR OR TWO BEFORE ANOTHER 3% RAISE! ALL ABOARD!! :P

01-30-2008, 03:37 AM
[quote="MELLOW TROOPER":1ubhftlc]Never fear Fellow Trooper! This WILL be the year for the big prize! In the end the state will come through with our proper due! Carry on! I salute you!..............

If this is true, tell us what you know.[/quote:1ubhftlc]

He/she is being sarcastic. Next year is always what everyone said when the state denied our pay raises.

01-30-2008, 03:38 AM
HECK WE JUST GOT 2.5% BACK IN OCT. 2006 AND A HANDSOME BONUS THIS YEAR! WHAT MORE COULD YOU GREEDY TROOPERS WANT! I FIGURE WE CAN ALL GET BY ANOTHER YEAR OR TWO BEFORE ANOTHER 3% RAISE! ALL ABOARD!! :P

Haha. My cost of living went up 5% in 2007 and my salary went up 2%. So Im currently 3% in the hole.

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 03:46 AM
[quote="MELLOW TROOPER":qd4l7390]Never fear Fellow Trooper! This WILL be the year for the big prize! In the end the state will come through with our proper due! Carry on! I salute you!..............

If this is true, tell us what you know.

He/she is being sarcastic. Next year is always what everyone said when the state denied our pay raises.[/quote:qd4l7390]

I know this!

01-30-2008, 04:01 AM
Its the same old crap every year. The legislators want you to go to a city or county agency, that way all the money they have invested in you is not wasted. Thats a shitty way to think about your troopers but thats the way it is with those idiots in Tallahassee. Only in this arse backwards state we call florida. I think they are eventually planning to do away with FHP and just have a state academy for the locals. Thats pretty much the way it is now. I have been on now for 19 years and things have not changed and never will. If you are new, do yourself a favor and get the hell out while you can.

01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Fellow Trooper

"What happened to the huge surplus that was a hot topic a few yrs ago? Where did that go? "

That surplus was 8 years ago, when JEB! took office. The surplus went to his friends and fellow "business men" in the form of tax cuts and incentives. The result is that Florida now has a hugh deficit and all state employees are paying for it!

George Busah took over as govenor of Texas with a hugh budget surplus and, in 8 years, put Texas in a budget deficit that nearly bankrupted the state. He then took over a president of the United States with a hugh surplus and we are now have the biggest deficit (and in a recession) ever. JEB! did the same with Florida!

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
We should all sue Jeb Bush for something like political malpractice!

01-30-2008, 03:27 PM
The pay increase has alot to do with my total output next year. Nothing gets activity in the line of what I get dispatched to. My TDSR will be easy to track with nothing on it. Unless of course I see one of those state legislature tags. It will give me plenty of time to fill out job applications.

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Well it has alot to do with my employment after we find out if getting shafted again.

01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Amendment 1 passed. You will probably get shafted.

01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I have been with the state for a while now, I have been stating I will give them a chance next year for a few years now. I do not believe anything is going to happen this year either. I think it is time to go else where now. I do not want to go since I do enjoy my job, but it is time to think of the future so I can retire after 25 years with enough for retirement. It has been fun, but reality has finally arrived.

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 08:03 PM
My response to my email from my rep.

"Thank you for your quick response.

As you can believe we as Troopers over the past 10 yrs have thought of several different ways raise monies for our salaries.

This is a clip from leoaffairs.com maybe you should visit along with your staff.

This is a link from the DHSMV that displays the number of motor vehicles in Florida:

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/FactsF ... StaDMV.htm (http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/FactsFiguresFY2006/PerStaDMV.htm)

As you can see there are almost 20,000,000 vehicles in Florida. That is 20 million! There are around 15 million passenger cars and trucks. Each one of those vehicles has a registration sticker that must be renewed EACH year. That is a fact and there is no way around it. Each one of those vehicle must have their sticker renewed EVERY year at a cost of $43-$46.

Now pretend the state increases the fee of a registration sticker by $1. One dollar multiplied by 15,000,000 equals $15,000,000. There are about 1700 troopers in FHP. Dividing $15,000,000 by 1700 equals $8,823.53. Do you guys understand what that means?

For those that aren't too bright it means EVERY trooper could get an instant $8,823.53 raise PER YEAR if Florida raises the cost of all passenger vehicles' registration by $1.

You see, the way to get extra money is soooooooo easy to get. This state just DOES NOT CARE!

Play with the numbers, it is a lot of fun. Try raising the cost by $5. That is only FIVE DOLLARS. Who in Florida would even notice the $5 increase? NO ONE! A $5 increase would mean every trooper would get a $44,000 pay raise. You are reading this correctly! A $5 increase in the cost of a passenger registration sticker would increase your pay from $36,000 to $80,000 a year!!!!

Where I come from the cost of a sticker is $90 a year!!! That is $45 more a year than Florida. Increasing the cost of a sticker here in FL to $90 would mean a pay raise of $397,000 per trooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have such selfish people in charge in FL and they obviously have an agenda for FHP. The money is easy to come by, very easy! Florida just DOES NOT CARE!!!

This is a very simple solution."

01-30-2008, 10:04 PM

As you can believe we as Troopers over the past 10 yrs have thought of several different ways raise monies for our salaries.

This is a clip from leoaffairs.com maybe you should visit along with your staff.

This is a link from the DHSMV that displays the number of motor vehicles in Florida:

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/FactsF ... StaDMV.htm (http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/FactsFiguresFY2006/PerStaDMV.htm)

As you can see there are almost 20,000,000 vehicles in Florida. That is 20 million! There are around 15 million passenger cars and trucks. Each one of those vehicles has a registration sticker that must be renewed EACH year. That is a fact and there is no way around it. Each one of those vehicle must have their sticker renewed EVERY year at a cost of $43-$46.

Now pretend the state increases the fee of a registration sticker by $1. One dollar multiplied by 15,000,000 equals $15,000,000. There are about 1700 troopers in FHP. Dividing $15,000,000 by 1700 equals $8,823.53. Do you guys understand what that means?

For those that aren't too bright it means EVERY trooper could get an instant $8,823.53 raise PER YEAR if Florida raises the cost of all passenger vehicles' registration by $1.

You see, the way to get extra money is soooooooo easy to get. This state just DOES NOT CARE!

Play with the numbers, it is a lot of fun. Try raising the cost by $5. That is only FIVE DOLLARS. Who in Florida would even notice the $5 increase? NO ONE! A $5 increase would mean every trooper would get a $44,000 pay raise. You are reading this correctly! A $5 increase in the cost of a passenger registration sticker would increase your pay from $36,000 to $80,000 a year!!!!

Where I come from the cost of a sticker is $90 a year!!! That is $45 more a year than Florida. Increasing the cost of a sticker here in FL to $90 would mean a pay raise of $397,000 per trooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have such selfish people in charge in FL and they obviously have an agenda for FHP. The money is easy to come by, very easy! Florida just DOES NOT CARE!!!

Great information on your numbers to your Rep. Now the question is how did he/she resopon? Did he/she say that's a great idea. I'll start on the bill to get it through for you guys and gals. You deserve the pay increase, and it won't cost the state any money.

LOL

Fellow Trooper
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
it took 24 hrs for a response but i will keep you updated.

01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I received a reply from my Senator as well. We really need to be emailing the heck out of these people. Better yet, our friends and families need to email them.

01-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I received a reply from my Senator as well. We really need to be emailing the heck out of these people. Better yet, our friends and families need to email them.

Post up the email addy's.

01-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Here is a link to the Senate website. If you look around you will find the email addresses for each Senator.

KEEP THE EMAILS PROFESSIONAL!

01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
[quote="A reply":ny8eq4l6]I received a reply from my Senator as well. We really need to be emailing the heck out of these people. Better yet, our friends and families need to email them.

Here is a link to the Senate website. If you look around you will find the email addresses for each Senator.

KEEP THE EMAILS PROFESSIONAL![/quote:ny8eq4l6]

No worky.

01-30-2008, 10:52 PM
[quote="A reply":34oi1305]I received a reply from my Senator as well. We really need to be emailing the heck out of these people. Better yet, our friends and families need to email them.

KEEP THE EMAILS PROFESSIONAL!

No worky.[/quote:34oi1305]

That's because I wasn't smart emough to post the link. Here ya go. Sorry about that.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Welcome/index.c ... N=34824690 (http://www.flsenate.gov/Welcome/index.cfm?CFID=64661913&CFTOKEN=34824690)

01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
2 weeks ago, I sent an email to Marco Rubio outlining my concerns about safety on the highways and echoing your sentiments from this site....NO reply yet.

01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
2 weeks ago, I sent an email to Marco Rubio outlining my concerns about safety on the highways and echoing your sentiments from this site....NO reply yet.

Dont expect one of any real meaning. Now if you send them a memo on how they can put more money in THEIR pockets then they will be beating your door down wanting more information.

01-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Amendment 1 passed. You will probably get shafted.

That will actually help the state in the long run as they make money on people buying stuff for houses and now people are unwilling to move as much because their taxes would double if they did. Only the locals make out on the current tax system. How do you think they got all these huge raises compared to us - because of skyrocketing valuations. Since this passed maybe 5 years from now the locals wont be making another 20 k more on top of the 20k+ they make more than me now.

01-31-2008, 03:11 AM

The thing that isnt so simple about is that the other state officers :FDLE, F&W, Department of Corrections etc would all go nuts if we got a very large raise like that and they didn't , that is why I think it doesnt have much chance.

01-31-2008, 06:29 AM
The thing that isnt so simple about is that the other state officers :FDLE, F&W, Department of Corrections etc would all go nuts if we got a very large raise like that and they didn't , that is why I think it doesnt have much chance.

Let them go nuts! We are in our own collective bargaining unit now. That was the answer to all our problems. Well, we will see now won't we.
When DOT, agriculture and fire marshals get headlights on their patrol cars then we can worry about their raise.

Honestly tho, They are only hurting themselves if they go nuts. We get it one year and the next year they go to the legislature and get it for themselves. Sounds like they should be supporting anything we get cuz they will get it the following year.

01-31-2008, 06:39 AM

Give me a break. They dont even compare. First of all FDLE has had major pay raises when FHP got virtually nothing.

01-31-2008, 10:37 PM

Give me a break. They dont even compare. First of all FDLE has had major pay raises when FHP got virtually nothing.

I dont think FDLE got that big of a raise. They still make way less than the locals in Central and South FL. It sucks but I think it is true that they would never give us a big raise the others arent getting due to the backlash.

02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Mellow,

Stay between the 140 and the 160 and keep your yap shut.

02-05-2008, 08:01 PM

I dont think FDLE got that big of a raise. They still make way less than the locals in Central and South FL. It sucks but I think it is true that they would never give us a big raise the others arent getting due to the backlash.

When did we (FDLE) get a raise?? Must have missed it....

02-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Let them go nuts! We are in our own collective bargaining unit now. That was the answer to all our problems. Well, we will see now won't we.
When DOT, agriculture and fire marshals get headlights on their patrol cars then we can worry about their raise.

Honestly tho, They are only hurting themselves if they go nuts. We get it one year and the next year they go to the legislature and get it for themselves. Sounds like they should be supporting anything we get cuz they will get it the following year.

IF WE GET A MASSIVE PAY RAISE, THEN THE OTHER STATE LEOS CAN GET ON WITH FHP IF THEY WANT. WE HAVE OVER 200 OPENINGS SO THEY CAN JUST LATERAL ON OVER. TROOPERS DON'T COMPLAIN WHEN MIAMI PD OR METRO DADE GET A RAISE. THEY JUST LEAVE FHP AND GO TO WORK FOR THEM.

I AGREE THAT FHP WILL NOT GET ANYTHING THAT EVERYBODY ELSE DOESN'T GET. IT IS NOT JUST STATE LEOS. THE LEGISLATURE DOESN'T WANT TO UPSET ALL OTHER STATE EMPLOYEES. YOU SHOULD HEAR OUR CLERKS AND DISPATCHERS GRIPING ABOUT WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR AND WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANYTHING YET. TEACHERS AND CORRECTIONS OFFICERS WILL NOT STAND FOR US GETTING ANYTHING GOOD AND THEY HAVE A LOT MORE VOTES FOR LEGISLATORS THAN WE DO. WE DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS FOR THEM TO STICK THEIR NECKS OUT FOR US OVER ANYBODY ELSE. WE WILL BE LUCKY TO GET 2% THIS YEAR.

02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I have been on for some years now and have only received an average of a little over a thousand dollars a year for the years that I have stayed with FHP. It is always empty promises of next year. I do not know what I have been thinking for all these years with staying with FHP. I am not leaving with the mass exodus in a few months, but I will be leaving in the near future. I do like the job, but it is time in my career to start thinking of my retirement of making more money. :(

02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I have been on for some years now and have only received an average of a little over a thousand dollars a year for the years that I have stayed with FHP. It is always empty promises of next year. I do not know what I have been thinking for all these years with staying with FHP. I am not leaving with the mass exodus in a few months, but I will be leaving in the near future. I do like the job, but it is time in my career to start thinking of my retirement of making more money. :( IS IT MERIT PAY ONLY 2% OR TWO % ACROSS THE BOARD FOR ALL FHP? ONE FOR ALL, OR NONE.

02-07-2008, 12:05 AM
I have been on for some years now and have only received an average of a little over a thousand dollars a year for the years that I have stayed with FHP. It is always empty promises of next year. I do not know what I have been thinking for all these years with staying with FHP. I am not leaving with the mass exodus in a few months, but I will be leaving in the near future. I do like the job, but it is time in my career to start thinking of my retirement of making more money. :( IS IT MERIT PAY ONLY 2% OR TWO % ACROSS THE BOARD FOR ALL FHP? ONE FOR ALL, OR NONE.

Supposedly up to the agency but only enough to be 2% across the board. So I guess they could give half the people 1% and the other half 3%. Could you imagine if they tried that.