PDA

View Full Version : the media

01-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Well, it happened again. The news ran with a story they knew would get people in an uproar. They sensationalized it and only gave one side of the story.

It really makes me sick. Because you know the day another LEO dies in Pinellas County, the news will be all over it like fleas on a dog. They will toot their horns and sound their trumpets that they support law enforcement officer and hold the deceased up as the hero he is.

But the words, the attention will be vain. Vain because ANY and EVERY chance they get, they tear us down, paint us in a negative light and try to turn the public against us by running on sided stories like 'The French Fry Granny'.

Where is the story on "Granny's" family that made a death threat against him? Where is the coverage on how that affects the officer and his family? Where is the TRUTH of the ranting raving woman who banged her hand on the officers cruiser and didn't leave once she had her food? Why didn't she leave? She was free to go?

Why? Why does the media do this? It's bad for the community, its bad for LEOs, it's down right dangerous.

I'm sick of the TV news and all papers in this area. They disgust me and have disappointed me time and time again. This area has gone downhill and has lost respect for those in the line of duty, and YES, that includes our local law enforcement.

Retirement can't come quick enough. Time to move where people are nice. Because the nastiness that is Pinellas County is getting real old.

01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Maybe the mayor will apologize to GRANNY for the death threats to the officer. I doubt if he will apologize to the officer.

01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Being that I am originally from New England, I can tell you that this county has absolutely no respect for law enforcement and it is all due to our polkicies and how we coddle these people. Every petty complaint is entertained no matter how off base or false it is. The people of this county are babies and have a sense of entitlement when it comes to the police. An then you have the fetsering neighborhood of thug criminals that exists because the administration is too scared to actually try and clean it up. Us being the police have our hands tied and it is a shame. This could be a great community with people who respect us, but it never will be if we let the citizens run the show on every level. I doubt this French Fry Granny story would have the juice behind it that it does if the arresting officer were wearing a white shirt and a star. Their admin would have smashed this story the first day it came out.

wifeyto1goodcop
01-25-2008, 02:21 PM
You said: "The people of this county are babies and have a sense of entitlement when it comes to the police." Thank you sir, for posting.

I completely agree and I'll go a step further. First, its this area. My cousin is in rural N.C. right now. Her dad retired from law enforcement here in Pinellas County. She was telling me that the "French Fry Granny" would have no sympathy there, and its not because the people aren't nice. They are very courteous and polite. But because people (for the most part) have a respect for the law of the land. If you disrespect the police, refuse to listen to a reasonable request (which moving your car a few feet is), then you are in the wrong - period. Disobedience, disrespect, going against the norms (abiding by the law, being civil) of society are strongly discouraged and are most definitely not entertained.

And yes, when we retire and are able to move somewhere like that, we are.

Secondly, we are spoiled as a nation. We have so many services and hand outs, its ridiculous.

Most people, besides some of our grandparents who lived through the depression, have no clue what it is to go hungry or go without. The generation of children being raised right now have everything given to them. "Kids" expect to make more than their parents and have everything their parents have, fresh out of college.

Many people on this forum own their home, have several, nice, newer vehicles, multiple televisions, computers, etc. We lack nothing material and live pretty comfortably.

If we ever were to have another depression, its going to be such a shock to even the average person's lifestyle, we won't know what hit us.

We are very, very blessed as a nation. Unfortunately, all we hear about is what we don't have or people complaining about not getting enough. All I have to say to these people is that in other countries, if you don't work, you don't eat. We have all known someone milking the system.

These are my thoughts and there are many more, but I won't bore you and besides I have to take children to the doctors for shots. (Which I thank God for the services we DO have in this country. Thank God for the drs. office that I can usually get into within an hours notice and medicine that is readily available.)

02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you but our great country is in big trouble. Our dollar is basically worthless (the Canadian dollar is worth more than ours :oops:) and people are losing their houses left and right. The powers that be have some people duped into thinking that we are "just in a funk" right now. They'll have you believe that just because we are in a recession, things aren't so bad. Guess what, this so called recession is eerily similar to what occurred during the great depression. My grandparents have told me this as fact. Good luck to all because we are going to need it.

02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Stop worring so much. It does nothing for you but cause wrinkles and may give you a heart attack. If you think it is bad. which I agree with you it is. Then start taking care of things that you need to do to be able to provide for you and your family. Also God will always provide. It may not be our standards but we will be fine. Have faith! And use your head.

02-01-2008, 07:28 PM
This will all change when HILLARY is the next President!!!!

wifeyto1goodcop
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
For the worse???

02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
This is so great. The IA invesyigation cleared the officer and now the people bashing the officer for doing his job are singing his praises. He should sue that woman for everything including her false teeth:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb/04/witnesses-back-officers-story-mcdonalds-drive-thro/?news-breaking