PDA

View Full Version : time?

01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
How much longer til a decision is made. New Chief or New uniform?!?!?

01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
with a change will all bartow officers go to pcso?

01-29-2008, 01:36 AM
The Sheriff’s proposal stipulates all employees who qualify will be offered a position with his agency. What is not stated is the fact some employees will assume a position at a reduced annual income. Some of these employees are single parents and can not afford a cut in there income.

It should not only be about the money. There are many other factors to consider. If after five years and a new sheriff is elected, what happens then? I can certain predict the cost to restart the PD will be astronomical. Further complications are hiring competent personnel.

It appears this merger process is a short-term fix. Only time will show if it was prudent. Currently each city police agency is focused on activities within their jurisdiction. Who will the Sheriff be loyal too?

01-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Sheriff is an elected official, a POLITICITIAN; most politicians will say and do anything to get elected.

Franking speaking I am about sick of politicians!

One other phrase that has passed down from generation to generation;

You don’t put all your eggs in one basket!

01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
When I hear the term Decision 08, I keep wondering if they are refering to the tax reform or the decision regarding our police department. I agree with all that as be said on this thread thus far.

-It is a quick fix
-The Sheriff is elected
-Sooner or later he will no longer be the Sheriff
-He could lose an election
-Tomorow is not promised to any of us
-By statute, he is not bound by contract
-Once the contract expires then what?
-He is a great Sheriff
-I hear good things from his people
-The Sheriffs Office is highly respected in most LEO communities

I think the above is a good start at a PROS/CONS list. Is ther more to add, I would hope so.