PDA

View Full Version : Money??

01-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Any ideas on what will be asked for this year?..if anything at all??

01-26-2008, 10:20 PM

we will be lucky to get a 1,000 bonus again - raises are out is the word

01-27-2008, 04:20 AM

we will be lucky to get a 1,000 bonus again - raises are out is the word

Yup no $ for raises

01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Has anyone heard what the FDLE-PBA is trying to push? My understanding is FDLE itself is not asking for anything as far as raises or anything for us???

01-27-2008, 04:15 PM
We need to formulate a plan and band together for raises. We need to stand with all State LEO's (strength in numbers) and fight for at the very least a decent cola! I know a lot of Agents who do not want to get involved or say it is a waste of time. Well sitting back and doing nothing will definately not get us anywhere. I'm still waiting to hear something from the FDLE Agents Ass as far as where we stand.

01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
We need to formulate a plan and band together for raises. We need to stand with all State LEO's (strength in numbers) and fight for at the very least a decent cola! I know a lot of Agents who do not want to get involved or say it is a waste of time. Well sitting back and doing nothing will definately not get us anywhere. I'm still waiting to hear something from the FDLE Agents Ass as far as where we stand.

The legislature and Governor appear to be saying that raises are out of the question and that they cant help it if the locals are giving them and they aren't.

01-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Maybe it's time to jump ship and get PAID!!

01-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Tallahassee Police just got about 20%

01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I sure hope the union doesn't back any of the current leadership in the Capitol at all....they all lied last time and didn't give anything. NO endorsements for current executive and legislative leadership!!!

01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
NO $$$

01-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Anyone ever tried to come up with a version of LEAP and present to the big dawgs?

01-31-2008, 04:17 AM
Anyone ever tried to come up with a version of LEAP and present to the big dawgs?

I am sure

02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
How about we take the salaries from the open positions and divide it equally between the agents around the state??? We can't get people to fill these jobs anyway....

02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
How about we take the salaries from the open positions and divide it equally between the agents around the state??? We can't get people to fill these jobs anyway....

Not a bad idea for you guys

Like you said... you can't fill the jobs anyway

BOSMIA
02-01-2008, 03:14 PM

Slots coming to Dade Co now

FDLE is going to have to find a way to get more recruits to cover the new slot machine tracks, I would assume.

02-01-2008, 03:33 PM

FDLE is going to have to find a way to get more recruits to cover the new slot machine tracks, I would assume.

MDPD needs a Gaming Enforcement Unit....FDLE doesn't need to be working this....

02-01-2008, 03:39 PM

MDPD needs a Gaming Enforcement Unit....FDLE doesn't need to be working this....

You think this will happen?

02-01-2008, 03:49 PM

LimaUnit if Broward didn't do this what makes you think Dade will? Thank you sir.

BOSMIA
02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Time will tell right...

02-01-2008, 04:59 PM
bosmia get a life pls :wink:

02-01-2008, 05:44 PM

LimaUnit if Broward didn't do this what makes you think Dade will? Thank you sir.

Just my two cents on the issue....kind of getting away from the original mission for FDLE....and thank you....

02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Instead of trying to back a raise this year, which ain't gonna happen, why don't we get together as a group and get rid of the 160 hour cycle? I know the vast majority of agents I talk to are for a 40 hour work week. I realize there are a lot of agents that are retired from other departments and like the 160 hour cycle because of the flexibility it offers as far as taking time off. Some of them have told me that they would back the 40 hour week if it helped the majority. Everyone, not just those of us who work this as our sole source of income would stand to benefit from the change.

Most agencies I work with are on an 8 hour day - anything over is OT. I would suggest just getting to a 40 hour week. Pretty much all other state agencies have gone to the 40 hour week - aside from FDLE and possibly ABT, and Insurance Fraud. Recent communication with FDLE AA Board member(s) resulted in this statement from an FDLE AA Board member "Hal Johnson said that as other state agencies had adopted the 40 hour work week plan and DMS agreed to it, he believed that if we as a group wanted it, it would probably be granted as it had already been granted to others".

The fact of the matter is this would (in theory) cost FDLE NOTHING. Instead of asking for 20 hours at the end of your cycle, don't you think it is an easier sell to ask for 4 or 5 hours a week?

In the end it all works out the same - our OT budget is our OT budget, and I am not saying we are going to make anymore money than we would on a 160 hour cycle. It just makes it less likely that we will be taken advantage of by forcing us to "flex" or be Garcia'd out.

There probably are not very many agents who have not been taken advantage of by FDLE and the 160 hour cycle, if you haven't - God Bless you. For the others, you know what I am talking about.

Beside the fact that FDLE would not be able to work you hard for 3 weeks and send you home, there are other advantages to the 40 hour week. One of which is the Annual leave to sick leave conversion. How many of you have had an excess of annual converted to sick year after year. WHY? Because that leave you tried to use was made up during your cycle, either before you took off, or when you got back. Now your annual bank was over the limit on December 31, and converted to sick. You have lost again, and again FDLE has benefited.

I could go on and on about the pros and cons, but what do you think? Wouldn't it be great to be able to take off a few days, then come back and still be *eligible* for some overtime (If they were to pay it)? I say we go to a 40 hour week and if they don't want to pay us OT, let us enjoy our weekends off with our families instead of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays alone.

I encourage you to share your 160 hour stories and back the change.

Any takers?
[/u][/b]

02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Is it true Miami agents in racinos do not get a take home and make no overtime money?

02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I say go to the 40 hour week and give us LEAP pay....that way we don't have to worry about overtime and on call pay issues. Here's your salary and here's the LEAP percentage. The feds get 25% LEAP, I say we could get 15-20%.

02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
The 40 hr. week will not happen! In the past 6 years even local agenies have changed over. If we went to a 40 hr. week you'll work 2 or 3 days, reach your 40, and go home. Do you really think they'll pay OT?? I'd rather take time off when I want during the 160, then be sent HOME. Let's worry about getting those in Tallahassee out of office that keep voting against our raises!!

If you notice, they have money for what they want.

02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I agree about voting out those in office. Let's also make sure the union doesn't back those who have gone against what they have said they would do. Hold their feet to the fire!

02-06-2008, 02:10 AM

Just my two cents on the issue....kind of getting away from the original mission for FDLE....and thank you....

If ABT would get their act together they are in charge of alcohol licensed locations they should be working gaming.

02-06-2008, 02:23 AM
HAHAHAHA.....

sorry.

I work for ABT and I think it would be fun working the Racino. I'm all for adding more to what we do and expanding our role.

Our administration doesn't agree. Our director is in the pocket of the alcohol industry and there is no way in HELL this would happen.

Hell, they are pulling most of our guys off task forces because the director does not want to, and I QUOTE this because she really said it, "explain to the industry" why one of our officers gets killed while helping the FBI serve an arrest warrant.

They are slowly taking more and more away of what they want us doing. They don't want us investigating house parties now because... well guess why. The Industry doesn't give a crap about parents giving alcohol to kids, they only care about alcohol being serviced to kids at businesses.

I wouldn't be at ALL upset if they merged us with DLE and moved us over. The only reason I didn't apply to FDLE to start with is that I only have an associates degree.

02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
It's true that ABT is being "downsized" in their responsibilities and have been over the last 6-8 years. It's all because of the administrations that have come and gone under the republicans, who want to be more "business and industry friendly." The top dawg at dbpr use to be a state representative...her biggest contributors were from the alcohol industry.

FD_EMS_SO
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Lima Unit, am I able to pm you?

BOSMIA
02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Lima Unit, am I able to pm you?

Lima posts as a guest and does not have an account. I don't think you can PM because of that.

02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
That's right, I'm just a guest with a two cent opinion like everyone else...