PDA

View Full Version : Punk-thugs in training

01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
On December 14, 2007, 7th grade students from a Lakeland area middle school took a field trip to Lake Parker Park. While they were there, a small group of students decided to prank call the 911 operator numerous times, and even resorted to cursing at the operator. An officer was sent to the scene to investigate. The entire field trip was brought to an end and the students returned to their school where they all were questioned by the administrators. What did LPD or city do to the main student who was responsible? My daughter said the kid got a 5 day suspension, and he returned to school. Do the Lakeland taxpayers have to foot the bill for this little punk or was he officially charged and will his parents cough up money to pay a hefty fine. Kids do not accidently call 911 numerous times and curse out the operator.
A. Citizen

01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I stand corrected, the date of the field trip was on Wednesday, December 19th, 2007.

01-22-2008, 12:18 AM
I could sit here and list a page of reasons why the State Attorney's Office would not prosecute a case like this but I do not wish to better enlighten any criminals who may look in on this sight nor do I wish to waste my time or yours. Bottom line is NO, nothing will be done.