PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sentinel Article

01-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Check out today's Orlando Sentinel....article on low pay @ FHP....

www.orlandosentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... full.story (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-troopers2008jan20,0,7051822,full.story)

01-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow, that's the best article I've seen yet about the pay issue. I guess we'll see.

I do take offense to the following statement though:

"FHP officials deny that staffing is causing a safety issue,........ ."

I hope that was taken out of cotext. How can you say that inadequate staffing is not an issue. Than could be said not just for FHP, but for any LE agency with low staffing issues. More bodies=better service. Duh!

01-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow, that's the best article I've seen yet about the pay issue. I guess we'll see.

I hope that was taken out of cotext. How can you say that inadequate staffing is not an issue. Than could be said not just for FHP, but for any LE agency with low staffing issues. More bodies=better service. Duh!

And yet troopers say FHP is not to blame for our issues. They sure as heck are!!!! They sit there and deny all of our problems.

01-20-2008, 02:56 PM

And yet troopers say FHP is not to blame for our issues. They sure as heck are!!!! They sit there and deny all of our problems.

The Troop C PIO was accused of not blaming staffing and then I read a correction in the paper apologizing for the mis-quote because his comment was taken out of context - we all know reporters do that!

We all know Florida needs more Troopers and better pay, but drivers need to take responsibility for their actions too.

01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
When I was quoting, "FHP officials deny that staffing is causing a safety issue......." I took it as FHP officials were denying that the their lack of man power issues are not affecting the safety of all citizens. If that's the case, then I'll need to call B.S. on that. Anyone have that number?

01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
I'M GLAD THEY DREW ATTN TO US, BUT I DON'T THINK IT WILL CHANGE ANYTHING. OUR DIRECTOR SAYS THAT OUR STAFFING IS FINE. IF YOU DON"T WANT TO ASK FOR HELP, YOU WON'T GET ANY. THE PRESS HAS DONE THESE ARTICLES OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND NOTHING CHANGES.

All Highway
01-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Good article, but the topic needs to stay hot right up until the last week of session if it's going to do anything for us.

Fellow Trooper
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I dont understand how GHQ had an opening that doesnt come very often.

If I were the Col. I would have been all over that like a fat kid on a cup cake.

I would have made look like it was all the legislators fault for not adequately suppling us enough pay.

ITS NOT BRAIN SURGERY!!!

01-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Do you people ever stop whining ?, my gosh, get a real job if your not happy. You ride around and write tickets, you never work Sig 4's and complain incessantly. The public has no use for you, nor does most law enforcement agencies you work among. The talented ones in your agency leave for real police work.

01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Do you people ever stop whining ?, my gosh, get a real job if your not happy. You ride around and write tickets, you never work Sig 4's and complain incessantly. The public has no use for you, nor does most law enforcement agencies you work among. The talented ones in your agency leave for real police work.

LEO Florida - Troopers work for the Florida HIGHWAY PATROL... writing tickets is their duty.... and yes, idiot, troopers do work accidents... and even come into municipal jurisdictions to investigate crashes involving local LEOs like you, moron. For you to make a blanket statement that no one has use for FHP including other law enforcement agencies is irresponsible, inaccurate and pathetic on your part. I work for a local agency and we happily assist FHP and respect their position in public safety. Please crawl back in your hole and quit speaking for everyone, moron.

01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
The article is good and maybe we will get enough out of the 4 that died in the big crash to get a raise.

One thing stuck out to me. Seems the Winter Park officer and the PIO are still "close" friends.................

01-21-2008, 05:05 AM

Written by a local loser.

01-21-2008, 05:10 AM
I dont understand how GHQ had an opening that doesnt come very often.

If I were the Col. I would have been all over that like a fat kid on a cup cake.

I would have made look like it was all the legislators fault for not adequately suppling us enough pay.

ITS NOT BRAIN SURGERY!!!

You havent realized by now that GHQ are a bunch of idiots? This agency is in shambles for a reason and it's not because we have people in charge that care or know what they are doing. 1700 troopers in a state of 18,000,000 seems logical to me :roll:

01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
We suck, look at the content of this board, no wonder locals and the public hate us. At least FDLE stays professional on their post and some of the other state agencies dont even have a post because of the drivel on this board. We are our own worst enemies.

Grumpy SA
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm with the DLE and we're losing agents and supervisors to local agencies right and left. God knows how you keep any troopers with the pay at your level. Instead of addressing the pay issue, we're looking to hire civilians and put them through academies so they can eventually leave. I don't know what the answer is, remember this is the state that allowed DCF to sink to it's depths.