PDA

View Full Version : Holy Paychecks Batman!

01-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Davie: Council increases pay for town administrator
January 19, 2008

Town Administrator Gary Shimun won a 3 percent raise Wednesday, bringing his salary to $171,865.

The Town Council agreed to the raise at the urging of Vice Mayor Bryan Caletka. Shimun, who was hired in November 2006 with a salary of $162,000, received a 3 percent cost-of-living raise in November to coincide with his one-year anniversary.

Shimun, 51, also receives an annual car allowance of $6,600.

Courtesy of Sun-Sentinel.com

01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
We got a fat raise too. Big deal.

01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
it's nice to see that the $$ that the town was supposed to save by putting the pd on 12s is going to the town administrator as a raise

01-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Man some people will never be happy. We got a significant raise. This guy runs the entire City. He is paid to make tough decisions and in the short amount of time he has been here he has done just that. The Town is going through a major shake up right now due to him. It's in his contract to be the highest paid employee of the Town.

01-20-2008, 01:42 AM
We got a fat raise too. Big deal.

We didnt get that big raise if you are topped out

01-20-2008, 02:04 AM
it's nice to see that the $$ that the town was supposed to save by putting the pd on 12s is going to the town administrator as a raise

$9,000.00 that is a huge raise. I am not sure the Town can afford that even with the millions that was saved by the PD going to 12's.

What a stupid post.

01-20-2008, 12:06 PM
<Zoinks> guys, I was just posting some news in case you hadn't seen it. It wasn't a complaint just passing information. Jeepers, I guess nothing can get by you grumpy buttheads.

01-20-2008, 01:23 PM

$9,000.00 that is a huge raise. I am not sure the Town can afford that even with the millions that was saved by the PD going to 12's.

What a stupid post.

The town wanted to cut the top heavy staff levels, a few road spots AND save $ in the long term by eliminating positions(pensions). Your right that his 9k raise is of no matter to the pd, but if you were to dig, you would see that the town has plenty of $,thats why the 12's/raise we got was easy to be voted in by the council. The final result will be less of us in total numbers.

01-20-2008, 03:40 PM
The guy has been awesome since he's been here. He's getting rid of a lot of those old, tired Town of Davie employees whose ineptness has been a cancer for everyone else. He's been worth every penny of that raise. It's too bad he can't fire council members.

01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
He got rid of Mark Allen that should be worth 10%.

01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
The guy has been awesome since he's been here. He's getting rid of a lot of those old, tired Town of Davie employees whose ineptness has been a cancer for everyone else. He's been worth every penny of that raise. It's too bad he can't fire council members.

Or some of our old, tired Town of Davie supervisors

01-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah - he has a really good handle on what's going on? Ask him if he had any say or knowledge of the firing of 2 PD supervisors. I will answer for you - no he did not - he received a CC'd letter just like the Chief AND the two PD supervisors

01-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Yeah - he has a really good handle on what's going on? Ask him if he had any say or knowledge of the firing of 2 PD supervisors. I will answer for you - no he did not - he received a CC'd letter just like the Chief AND the two PD supervisors

so if the chief wasnt aware and the town manager wasnt aware, who was responsibly for letting them go?

And why the hell did one of our rookies just get fired?

01-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Go pull their files - it is public record. The "termination" letters were signed by MARK ALAN, and cc'd to Chief Lynn & City Manager Shimun. It seems that HR acted on their own on this one. No approval from the City manager or even a courtesy call to the Chief ?? hmmmm......

01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
One of the first complaint from the troops that the Chief addressed with Personnel why were they home in limbo? Allens response was to fire them. That is why he got canned. I say expect better City Hall/PD relations in the future. Having a boss who is friends with his boss can have benefits.

01-27-2008, 01:54 PM
speaking of people in limbo, what about KK. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he taking up a sworn officer spot. Why cant we do something about him, either get him on the road or buy him out. We obviously have no problem getting rid of people, even people not on probation.

01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
One of the first complaint from the troops that the Chief addressed with Personnel why were they home in limbo? Allens response was to fire them. That is why he got canned. I say expect better City Hall/PD relations in the future. Having a boss who is friends with his boss can have benefits.

The rumor was that the chief told them to make a decision and HR did by firing them. The termination of MA and DL was a seperate decision that was going to happen either way so dont blame our chief.

01-27-2008, 07:26 PM
speaking of people in limbo, what about KK. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he taking up a sworn officer spot. Why cant we do something about him, either get him on the road or buy him out. We obviously have no problem getting rid of people, even people not on probation.

You must be living in a hole.... Ask around.....