PDA

View Full Version : PPPD RACIST? Please Advise!

01-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I was considering applying for the Pembroke Pines pd because I heard it was a great dpt. However, I was a little discouraged when I heard that the dpt has never had a blk supervisor and was somewhat you know racist. I also heard that out of 200+ sworn only less than 20 sworn are black and that there are no blks in any specialized units out there. I also heard that there were only four or five blk female officers out there.

I don't know how true this is being that it came from someone I met from the Shrfs dept of Broward County (BSO). Just wanted to know if anyone from Pines pd or any other neighboring agency can shed some light on this matter. I work well with people from all different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and I am aggressively seeking a decent dept to serve in. advancements in a dpt should be contingent on work ethic, dedication, and available positions not on skin color or ethnicity. I understand that you are gonna have a few stupid individuals anywhere you go but come on it is 2008. Coming from a 10 veteran police Ofc in Ohio area. Someone, anyone please advise!

01-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Pembroke Pines, Hmmmmmmm? I dont know thats a good topic. Some funny business going on over there. Just hope to see some more blks in the dpt in the future. As far as supervisor that a be history in the making.

01-19-2008, 04:22 PM
If you come out high on the promotional exam you get promoted. Simple as that.
Chief DG has never skipped anyone

01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
If you come out high on the promotional exam you get promoted. Simple as that.
Chief DG has never skipped anyone

SO GUEST, IT WOULD BE SAFE TO SAY THAT THE BLKS DONT SCORE HIGH ON PROMOTIONAL EXAMS? I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ONE OF THE BLK MALE/FEMALE SWRN AT PPPD.

01-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I was considering applying for the Pembroke Pines pd because I heard it was a great dpt. However, I was a little discouraged when I heard that the dpt has never had a blk supervisor and was somewhat you know racist. I also heard that out of 200+ sworn only less than 20 sworn are black and that there are no blks in any specialized units out there. I also heard that there were only four or five blk female officers out there.

I don't know how true this is being that it came from someone I met from the Shrfs dept of Broward County (BSO). Just wanted to know if anyone from Pines pd or any other neighboring agency can shed some light on this matter. I work well with people from all different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and I am aggressively seeking a decent dept to serve in. advancements in a dpt should be contingent on work ethic, dedication, and available positions not on skin color or ethnicity. I understand that you are gonna have a few stupid individuals anywhere you go but come on it is 2008. Coming from a 10 veteran police Ofc in Ohio area. Someone, anyone please advise!

doesn't everyone find this ironic that someone "looking for a position" would write a post like this? sounds like one of ours stirring the pot again, yet really has no interest in the race issue just causing more tension. out of the handful of cry babies, which one is it this week?

01-19-2008, 08:44 PM
"No blacks in any specialized units"??

I guess the DB, CAU and SRO don't count? Good luck getting a job in another jurisdiction. Race Baiting is inappropriate anywhere, which makes me wonder if you have any qualifications at all. The last thing we need here is another jackass from Ohio.

01-19-2008, 09:46 PM
"No blacks in any specialized units"??

I guess the DB, CAU and SRO don't count? Good luck getting a job in another jurisdiction. Race Baiting is inappropriate anywhere, which makes me wonder if you have any qualifications at all. The last thing we need here is another jackarse from Ohio.

Hmmm? lets see, db=1, cau=1, sro=2, and cst=1 total 5. Listen PPPD is a great dpt to work for with great benefits. The officers I see out there are always happy and smiling, but i have to be honest not alot of blks in the dpt or specilized units, (Why is that???) and the city is a pretty diverse city( carribean, hispanics, afro-american, east indians, whites.)

Respect, I would say go ahead and apply its a great dpt to work for. And besides you just may be that qualified brother that makes history at Pines pd.

01-19-2008, 10:21 PM
OK? I JUST WANTED TO KNOW A LITTLE INFO ON THE PINES PD. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS RESPONDING. I APPRECIATE IT EVEN THE NEGATIVE ONES AND BY THE WAY "GUEST" I AM QUALIFIED AS I AM SURE ALOT OF OFFICERS ARE.

ANYWAYS, BROWARD COUNTY, THANKS FOR THE INPUT AND I THINK I WILL PUT IN MY APPLICATION I JUST MIGHT MAKE HISTORY.

GOD BLESS & STAY SAFE BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

01-20-2008, 12:07 AM
OK? I JUST WANTED TO KNOW A LITTLE INFO ON THE PINES PD. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS RESPONDING. I APPRECIATE IT EVEN THE NEGATIVE ONES AND BY THE WAY "GUEST" I AM QUALIFIED AS I AM SURE ALOT OF OFFICERS ARE.

ANYWAYS, BROWARD COUNTY, THANKS FOR THE INPUT AND I THINK I WILL PUT IN MY APPLICATION I JUST MIGHT MAKE HISTORY.

Thanks for the Ohio connection reference. We'll be waiting for that app.

01-20-2008, 04:24 AM

Just leave your nuts and buckeyes there. This this GATOR NATION!

01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I have been a S FL LEO for over 25 years, racism and PPPD are never words I have heard together. I know alot about them and their people both good and bad, they are not racist.

01-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I think Presott would make an excellent Sergeant, and I'm white as can be. In fact I would choose him before some of those recently promoted.

01-21-2008, 11:01 PM

You state that "advancements in a dpt should be contingent on work ethic, dedication, and available positions not on skin color or ethnicity" but your entire message contradicts that. You want people promoted or placed in specialized units just because of the color of their skin. From what our higher ups tell us, they have no influence on who is promoted.
And secondly, don't jump on the department's case because there are no "blks" in specialized units. Other than sro, db, cau, these fellow officers that you have referred to as "blks" just haven't put in for other positions.

01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I think that just about ANY officer here would take a guy like Gavin Smith as a Sgt over 99% of anyone else in a PPPD uniform. If racism is an issue here, it it with an incredibly small minority of idiots and has never been a problem. As far as Sgt's, the other writer is 100% right on - it has always been the highest score that gets the nod. Prescott did take it one year, just didn't make the cut, it had everything to do with his score and nothing to do with the color of his skin. You can't even say that he was scored low by the Pines higher-ups as the assessors were all from outside agencies. I think that you will see guys like Gavin and Yemi do well here because they are smart and well respected. As far as getting into specialized units, well that has always been about who is buddies with the Sgt who is choosing. Probably the same everywhere.

The truth is that if you are an arsehole, it really doesn't matter what color the Good Lord gave you; you're still an arsehole. Come on down brother (no pun intended!) you are welcome here.

01-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Grow up, the racism crutch is old now. Get a new one.
Never mind that a black recruiting officer worked is A** off traveling to likely areas, like FAMU, trying to recruit, yes..you got it...minorities...without much luck.
Or what about the black officers who didn't make probation.
You show your ignorance with the supervisor comment. The dept. has no control over who wants to test. And, you don't think they would LOVE to promote any minority, just to get the false complainers like you off their back....of course they would.
All a dept. can do is try.
I think you embarass some of the fine, black officers who are there and know better.

01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I have read all the responses and I appreciate the individuals who responded to my questions about the P Pines Pd. However, I see that a few repsonses are negative and it seems as if they are directed towards me and my question. I never posted anything negative about the Pines Pd just wanted someone to advise on the alleged issues. Anything that is, or was posted negative was not me. Soooooo for the ppl who gave me their input on the Pd in reference to my question thax, and the rest of you should try READING before you post.

God Bless! and be safe brothers and sisters.

01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
"I was a little discouraged when I heard that the dpt has never had a blk supervisor and was somewhat you know racist. I also heard that out of 200+ sworn only less than 20 sworn are black and that there are no blks in any specialized units out there. I also heard that there were only four or five blk female officers out there."

The implication in your above quote says it all. Enough read. Implying that stats=racism is getting a little old. It is a flawed formula, doesn't add up. Getting a little over-used and old now, don't you think?

01-26-2008, 01:39 AM
I have read all the responses and I appreciate the individuals who responded to my questions about the P Pines Pd. However, I see that a few repsonses are negative and it seems as if they are directed towards me and my question. I never posted anything negative about the Pines Pd just wanted someone to advise on the alleged issues. Anything that is, or was posted negative was not me. Soooooo for the ppl who gave me their input on the Pd in reference to my question thax, and the rest of you should try READING before you post.

God Bless! and be safe brothers and sisters.

Jeeze.....do you have.....a.d.d. maybe??? Maybe you forgot what you wrote and all the negative implications, purely inflamatory. Maybe you should re-read your own writing and remember what you wrote. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
However my brothers have you considered that the tests given may not be designed for the manner in which a more diverse thinker proceeds. For example the test should be illistrated in a manner that allows minorities to understand differently without being brought up as the white man may have been. If its a white dept 180 to 20 who designed the exam? You must consider that Africans and Latinas proceed differently ?

01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
However my brothers have you considered that the tests given may not be designed for the manner in which a more diverse thinker proceeds. For example the test should be illistrated in a manner that allows minorities to understand differently without being brought up as the white man may have been. If its a white dept 180 to 20 who designed the exam? You must consider that Africans and Latinas proceed differently ?

Are you for real? Are you saying that a minority officer here is not as smart as a white officer, or just can't do better on the test because he/she was raised in a black or hispanic house? Your an @$$hole. And you must be talking about the black officers because at least four sargents are spanish, so i guess the test isn't so hard for them. If an officer does well enough to pass the exams to get hired, that officer can do well enough to pass the sargents test. I have only been here under 10 years, but as far as I know Al P is the only black officer to ever even attempt to take the test. So for you to allege that a black officer is not able to pass the test because they are black is disturbing.

01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
i thought i heard everything now i'm not so sure. the test can be passed if you study, period. i'm tired of excuses. if you can't pass grow some nutz and admit it. stop looking for excuses. all you can do is your best.

01-28-2008, 03:55 AM
OK, I guess you took the advice and found a new crutch.....it's because of the white man's tests.
Actually that's an old over-used one too.
And all the highly-successful, well-educated black folks have disproven it.
Keep trying.

01-28-2008, 04:13 AM
i thought i heard everything now i'm not so sure. the test can be passed if you study, period. i'm tired of excuses. if you can't pass grow some nutz and admit it. stop looking for excuses. all you can do is your best.
agreed

01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
For the last time!! I only posted my questions and concerns on the dept. Nothing about passing a test or about blacks being less smarter than others. So for the individual who says I found a new crutch relax computer/cyber thug.

Anything I post will be under username RESPECT.

Thats good to hear that 4 Latino brothers are sgts. I am also hispanic(African descent).

Oh and being hispanic is not a race for those of you who are culturally retarded. Some make the mistake and grouping all hispanics, not spanish, into one group when we obviously come from different racial backgrounds (African, europe, native indians, mestizo, mullato), but that a whole different issue.

Remember cyber thug I post comments under RESPECT.

01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
is this a cultural diversity class or a leo site?

01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
For the last time!! I only posted my questions and concerns on the dept. Nothing about passing a test or about blacks being less smarter than others. So for the individual who says I found a new crutch relax computer/cyber thug.

Anything I post will be under username RESPECT.

Thats good to hear that 4 Latino brothers are sgts. I am also hispanic(African descent).

Oh and being hispanic is not a race for those of you who are culturally retarded. Some make the mistake and grouping all hispanics, not spanish, into one group when we obviously come from different racial backgrounds (African, europe, native indians, mestizo, mullato), but that a whole different issue.

Remember cyber thug I post comments under RESPECT.

We are the world....we are the children...

01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya...or maybe "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..."

01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Please make sure you put "RESPECT" on your application as an alias, and Aretha Franklin as a reference.

01-28-2008, 08:03 PM

Can you give an example of a test question in the "diverse thinker format?" As opposed to non-diverse format. Just give it both ways so we can see the difference, maybe you'll win us over.
Let's take a sample question of "what would you do if a resident called police and said their apt. is flooding?" How could it be in diverse format?

01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
"I was a little discouraged when I heard that the dpt has never had a blk supervisor and was somewhat you know racist. I also heard that out of 200+ sworn only less than 20 sworn are black and that there are no blks in any specialized units out there. I also heard that there were only four or five blk female officers out there."

The implication in your above quote says it all. Enough read. Implying that stats=racism is getting a little old. It is a flawed formula, doesn't add up. Getting a little over-used and old now, don't you think?Let 13% of the country is black and 10% of Pine PD is too. Sounds like they are on target.

01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I honestly think the individual who made the commment about making a test that minorities could understand was being facetious. At least I hope so!

Aretha Franklin joke was soooooooooooooooooooo funny lmfao!

02-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Hey interested applicant, try Miami Springs PD. That department has never had a black officer and never will. The old Police Chief always said that as long as he is Chief and as long as he lives in the city of Miami Springs there will never be a black police officer.

Its real simple, they refuse to lower there standards when it comes to hiring. Try departments in Dade County.