PDA

View Full Version : Can I get fries with that.....??!!

01-19-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/19/North ... ch_f.shtml (http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/19/Northpinellas/Her_wait_for_french_f.shtml)

Jean Merola's "little soothe in the afternoon" is a visit to McDonald's for coffee - decaf with two creams.

But a recent run to the neighborhood Golden Arches turned ugly when a Clearwater police officer busted the 75-year-old grandmother of eight on a disorderly conduct charge and hauled her to jail.

About 4 p.m. Thursday, Merola pulled her gray Lincoln Town Car up to the drive-through window of a Clearwater McDonald's minutes from her home. She ordered the coffee and medium fries, no salt.

No salt on fries being a special request, the teller told Merola to pull forward to an area of striped asphalt where customers are typically asked to wait if their orders will take some minute.

Suddenly, Merola heard a car horn blasting behind her. In his cruiser sat Officer Matthew Parco, 30, a member of the force since December 2006. He kept honking and waving his arms, Merola said.

She did nothing.

Then he stepped out of his cruiser, walked up to Merola's driver side door and asked for her license and registration. Merola bristled. Not until you tell me what I've done wrong, she told him.

"He told me something about being parked in this particular place," Merola said Friday. "I told him this is where the people from McDonald's told me to park."

In his report, Parco says he asked Merola to move the Town Car forward a foot to allow cars in line to go around. If he did, Merola said she doesn't remember it. And it was actually his cruiser blocking people, she said.

But Merola said she was really offended when Parco called a supervisor to say he had a possibly demented woman on his hands who might need to be held under the state's Baker Act.

"He was aggravating me by saying that," Merola said. "I said, 'I don't have dementia, tell your supervisor.'"

By then, Merola had called Parco a brat, but the dementia comment stirred anger. Merola upped the ante and called him a "smart a--" and a "dumb s---."

She's never been easily pushed around, her daughter said Friday.

"She's not a meek and mild little old lady," said Deborah Burge of Palm Harbor. "She's going to say, 'Hey, what did I do wrong?'"

Parco handcuffed Merola behind her back and put her in his cruiser. Another officer arrived and drove her to the Pinellas County Jail, where the widow of 10 years was booked for disorderly conduct. She had no previous criminal record.

The people at the jail were apologetic as they took her mug shot and fingerprints, Merola said. They kept her out of the holding cells, where prisoners winked at her as she walked by. They didn't make her wear the yellow jumpsuit.

"They were so nice you wouldn't believe it," Merola said. "They asked me if I was hungry, and I said I was starved because I didn't have my McDonald's."

She may have liked the people at the jail and shown spunk with Parco, but Merola was pretty upset when her daughter and son fetched her at about 7:40 p.m. She was released on her own recognizance.

"She was crying and distraught and relieved that we were there," Burge said.

By Friday afternoon, news of the arrest had spread through Clearwater government because Merola's son knows Mayor Frank Hibbard. Hibbard called the city administrator, who called the police administration.

"We are looking into it," said deputy police Chief Dewey Williams late Friday. "We are not going to comment on the case until we complete that review."

Parco, who has no disciplinary record, could not be reached.

So, did Merola break the law by cursing a cop?

"You have an absolute First Amendment right to use that type of language to a police officer," said Largo criminal defense lawyer John Trevena. "It might be discourteous, but it's not illegal."

How about asking to be told what you've done wrong before handing over identification?

"If he's conducting a criminal investigation, you have to produce it," Trevena said. "If he's just irritated ... then that's not lawful."

Friday afternoon, Merola spent $160 to retrieve her impounded Town Car. In the morning, a doctor checked out a pain in her neck and shoulders. She thinks the handcuffs were on for about an hour.

Trying to account for her own behavior, Merola said she was taught to respect the police because they are there to protect and help you. It's a message she said she had passed on to her three children.

Despite the uniform, she suggested, Parco just didn't seem like the real thing.

"I guess I felt he wasn't a police officer," Merola said. "He wasn't there to help me, he was there to be mean to me."

Times researchers Caryn Baird and Angie Drobnic Holan as well as staff writer Mike Donila contributed to this report. Will Van Sant can be reached at vansant@sptimes.com or 727 445-4166.

[Last modified January 19, 2008, 00:01:41]

01-19-2008, 02:50 PM
This is the second recent story of a citizen being mistreated by a Clw officer that I have heard. The other involves a lady who got her car stuck on city property and called for an assist. It ended with her in tears and the young officer threatening to take her "ass" to jail. Of course that was after he threatened the witnesses to leave or be jailed. What kind of young cops are you hiring? :(

01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
After reading this I am embarassed to say that I am employed at CPD. One bad apple or lack of judgement/COMMON SENSE on behalf of our youger officer(s) lately has tarnished the good reputation that all the vets have worked so hard to accomplish with the general public. Countless, tireless hours to sovle a murder=one step ahead, arrest an elderly lady inthe drive thru=ten steps back, Nice job Parco. I see remedial training or a pink slip in your future.

01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
It happens. At least your guy was a rookie. We had one do the same thing years ago and he had alot of time on. That chareg was dropped and he was fired. At least Parco can learn from it. Like none of us make mistakes.

01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Well at least everyone is no here defending his actions. He needs to get a job at the mall as a security guard.

01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Relax people. Yes, Parco is a new officer to the department. He worked in a different state as an officer. In some states, using profanity at an officer will get you arrested no questions about. Also, All of this is coming from the St. Pete Times and the woman arrested. Of course her side will be swayed more to her being the so innocent one. Don't we have better things to do other than all of this Monda morning quarterbacking!! Geeez! :roll: :roll:

01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Relax people. Yes, Parco is a new officer to the department. He worked in a different state as an officer. In some states, using profanity at an officer will get you arrested no questions about. Also, All of this is coming from the St. Pete Times and the woman arrested. Of course her side will be swayed more to her being the so innocent one. Don't we have better things to do other than all of this Monda morning quarterbacking!! Geeez! :roll: :roll:

He put a 75 year old woman in jail and man-handled her for nothing. This is why people are starting to really hate cops. Are you going to erase her bookin photo and data from your computers?

01-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Hmmm, she didn't move her car when asked, she refused to show her ID, then she swore at the officer.

Let me get out my little violin and play a song for you.

Guess what? When you are asked to move your vehicle because its blocking traffic, you move it. When you are asked to show your ID , you show it.

The rules still apply to you, even if you are old or handicapped or pregnant or whatever.

01-19-2008, 11:26 PM
This is why people are starting to really hate cops.

Well, certain people have always hated cops. And they are usually the ones breaking the law.

Easy solution, don't break the law.

01-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Look all of you CPD Officers can defend his actions all you want, but he was wrong. Too many times officers get insulted after you ask someone something and then they ask you why you get pissed and make a really bad decision which he obviously did. I do not want him to lose his job but he obviously needs additional training and maybe anger management counseling also, (honking his horn and waving his arms at an old lady kinda teenager type actions) Be humble and apologize to her and her family

01-20-2008, 02:08 AM
They teach many useful things in the police academy and FTO program but common sense isn't one of them. You either have it or you don't and you will learn it. It's the same at the jail. Hopefully this has been a learning experience for Officer Parco so that such an embarassing & avoidable incident can be handled more tactfully in the future.

Jail ol' timer, PCSO

Lenny Briscoe
01-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Try reading the police report and not the S.P. Times so much. You may have a different opinion.There are witnesses that do not see it quite the way the paper did. There was also a supervisor on scene.

01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
but the St Pete Times is one of the most unbiased, honest, ethical, even sided, fair reporting newspapers in the country. They would NEVER slant a story to fit the stereotypical liberal view of law enforcement....

01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Try reading the police report and not the S.P. Times so much. You may have a different opinion.There are witnesses that do not see it quite the way the paper did. There was also a supervisor on scene.

Yeah try reading the report. Umm reports are always factual, never have things missing right? As for the witnesses one was a mexican girl and the other worked the drive thru window and in no way heard or witnessed the entire event. Do you think they may have felt intimitated to go against a police officer? There were many others that were apalled by what transpired, oh were they left off the report? So get your facts straight!!! Only 2 people know the truth, that's it!!!! Now ask yourself did she deserve to go to jail???? Think about it!!!!

01-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Hmmm, I said, "Self"? Myself said, "Hmm"! Did she deserve to go to jail? Myself said, "If she's doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing, what makes her different because she's an old lady?" Myself then said, "Good answer"!

Exactly, there are only 2 people that really know. All you guys that weren't there that are slamming Ofc. Parco are Monday Morning quarterbacking. Also, Mr Jail man, stay in the jail where you belong. Don't they have a board for you at PCSO?

01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Hmmm, I said, "Self"? Myself said, "Hmm"! Did she deserve to go to jail? Myself said, "If she's doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing, what makes her different because she's an old lady?" Myself then said, "Good answer"!

Exactly, there are only 2 people that really know. All you guys that weren't there that are slamming Ofc. Parco are Monday Morning quarterbacking. Also, Mr Jail man, stay in the jail where you belong. Don't they have a board for you at PCSO?

I hope you are not a LEO. I have first hand knowledge of this incident and no she did not break a law and she did not deserve the treatment she encountered. Parco mishandled the whole situation, the truth will come out and he will look even more like the complete tool he is!!!!! Trust me on this one, anyone who takes his side does not no the whole story there is more to it than was reported. He has made a fool of himself and in doing so has given a black eye to the good officers at CPD.

01-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Someone wrote that supervisor was on scene, Maybe he or she should also have to answer for their lack of supervisory skills and actions. I mean really folks a 75 year old lady, Was she armed, Did she threaten anyone, I hardly think so next time use better judgement this makes all of us look bad

01-21-2008, 01:31 AM
HELLOW MORON.....
this lady was not selling drugs, not driving dui, not a mass murderer, she was blocking the drive thru at mcdonalds. OMG. they probably lost ten dollars.
lets put this in perspective. the officer got mad when she got upset and guess what. the young powerful, strong, bully pig won over the old lady.

hope you are proud,

hope some other Officer does not treat his mother or grandmother with the same disrespect.

SHAME ON YOU //////////////

01-21-2008, 03:39 AM
If there was a supervisor on scene and he let the arrest occur then get of the arresting officers back. If this was a "bad arrest" then the supervisor should have squashed this on scene

01-21-2008, 03:04 PM
I personally know this women and think she is a nice lady; however I read the report and knowing how fiesty she can get and believe every bit of the Officer's report. Read the report before you take an opinion either way. I dont care how old Jean Merola is, when an Officer asks you to move up, well damn it you move up. Even if he says, Hey lady get the f*ck out of my way, you still move up, get the cops name and report him. If she wanted to talk to someone important, like the chief, she should have moved forward and waited for someone, say a sergeant to respond. Not sit there and cause a scene. For god sake, she got her food and still refused to move. What was he suppose to do? Leave then get a complaint from McDonald's, because he didn't do his job. He was in a lose lose battle and the sad part is none of you pricks want to back up your fellow Officer. Instead you want to bash him. I love the comments about who the witness' were, i.e. "Mexican Girl". What the hell difference does it make. The McDonald's staff had to have an employee outside directing people around Mrs. Merola, collecting money and handing out food. This is an obvious danger to the McDonald's staff this Officer had no choice but to make a decision. Good job Parco and shame on Mrs. Merola for not doing the right thing. MOVE YOUR CAR!

01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Very Well said cuz!!

01-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I personally know this women and think she is a nice lady; however I read the report and knowing how fiesty she can get and believe every bit of the Officer's report. Read the report before you take an opinion either way. I dont care how old Jean Merola is, when an Officer asks you to move up, well darn it you move up. Even if he says, Hey lady get the f*ck out of my way, you still move up, get the cops name and report him. If she wanted to talk to someone important, like the chief, she should have moved forward and waited for someone, say a sergeant to respond. Not sit there and cause a scene. For god sake, she got her food and still refused to move. What was he suppose to do? Leave then get a complaint from McDonald's, because he didn't do his job. He was in a lose lose battle and the sad part is none of you pricks want to back up your fellow Officer. Instead you want to bash him. I love the comments about who the witness' were, i.e. "Mexican Girl". What the hell difference does it make. The McDonald's staff had to have an employee outside directing people around Mrs. Merola, collecting money and handing out food. This is an obvious danger to the McDonald's staff this Officer had no choice but to make a decision. Good job Parco and shame on Mrs. Merola for not doing the right thing. MOVE YOUR CAR!

I know her too. The point is she was waiting on her food at the drive thru and he (Parco) was pissed he could not get around her. She did move up as instructed by McDonalds and was waiting in the drive thru line. Parco then blew his horn at her and claims he could not get around and she was holding up the line. Ok, first what law has she broken? She did as asked and pulled forward ,still no law being broke. Parco is now steamed, ok too bad wait in line like everone else. Now he is so irritated he gets out of his car and asks her for her DL and registration. If he was blocked in, how did he get out of the car? If you are an officer like you claim to be, ask yourself HOW DID PARCO get out of his car? I have been at that same McDonald's there is NO Way you can exit the car without manuevering your vehicle, so if he could do that why didn't he have enough room to get around her??? Fact is he was pissed off and wanted to show his authority. Again, no law was broken she did nothing wrong. Now that I laid it out, you look like the fool too. There are good cops at CPD, also some with no common sense and Parco fits the bill on that one. What a joke!!!!!!

01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
He may have been an Officer from another state prior but this is Florida so that is no excuse. My question is why did a supervisor allow this to take place. This is a case of Pissed Off Police Officer. Why was he behind her honking and waving his arms, that just makes no sense to me at all. Regretfully we all have these types in our Departments so do not hold us all in the same regards as the few that are like this. In no way did that women deserve a Disorderly charge according to what I have read. And as for read the police report, I mean come on, do you think he is gunna put in there " ya I was pissed and took her to jail for no reason".

I am just glad it was not my department. lol

01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I come from a law enforcement family from another state and have been living in Pinellas County for several years. My grandfather was a police officer who was killed on the job. He left behind a young, widow who never remarried and several children who became police officers themselves. So my level of respect and gratitude for police officers is quite high, perhaps higher than that of an average citizen. My expectations of professionalism, honesty, courtesy and integrity for police officers are quite high, too. I personally witnessed rudeness, incompetence, bullying, and completely shoddy police work by Pinellas County deputies (and two supervisors). I was shocked. I read the police report which was full of inaccuracies and mistakes. I do understand now why normal, hardworking people can't stand the cops. I can only conclude that this attitude begins at the top. I'd like to see more PCSO deputies walking the beat rather than driving around in cars. I'd like to see a sheriff who spent the majority of his career as a regular cop. So, fellow citizens, remember that that 75 year old senior citizen could be your mother, your grandmother, your sister, your wife and someday your daughter. It's time for a change in leadership at the PCSO.

01-21-2008, 05:41 PM
but the St Pete Times is one of the most unbiased, honest, ethical, even sided, fair reporting newspapers in the country. They would NEVER slant a story to fit the stereotypical liberal view of law enforcement....

Congratulations! Your po-dunk police department made Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324249,00.html

01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I applaud officers that can keep a cool head, deal with argumentative people, and use their verbal skills to solve a problem. You are truly "Law Enforcement Professionals" and a value to our society.

On the other hand, your fellow hot-tempered, bullying officers are turning the USA against the entire body of police officers. I hope you wise, seasoned officers will intervene and teach these punks and bullies how to be real cops.

01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
This is what we used to call a P.O.T. bust. In other words P issing O ff T rooper. A POT bust would generally result in time off for the trooper involved after the AI (Administrative Investigation) was over. Most POT busts never made the paper. If and when they did, since the Trooper embarrassed the department with a massive lack of common sense, they would be fired or sent somewhere in the bowels of HQ where interaction with the public was non existent.

Hopefully, Mrs Merola will obtain a large cash settlement, to keep her in McDonald's for years to come.

The other thing that a POT bust would generate is peer pressure that would often cause the trooper involved to seek employment in something other than law enforcement. Amazing how the lack of backup works to change someone's attitude.

01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Relax people! More to this than the St Pete Slimes put out there!

If she wanted it "Her way", she should have gone to Burger King!

...Like anybody wants a P.O.'d granny angrily spitting denture juice on the plexiglass all the way to county. ALL of us go way, way, way out of our way to avoid that...if only the arrestee's would do the same.

Maybe I should cruise by Top'o'the World and sit idly in the exit lane with my high sodium fries, a triple whopper, and a literacola. Bet that would make the news.

01-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Typical idiots who speak/type before they even attempt to gather the facts. The ORDINANCE straight from the city's website:

Sec. 21.11. Disorderly conduct; obstruction of public places.

Subsection (2)

"Obstruction of public places. It shall be unlawful for any person after first being warned by a law enforcement officer to willfully obstruct the free, convenient, and normal use of the Pinellas County Trail or of any public or quasipublic sidewalk, curb, bicycle path, walking area, mall or that portion of private property utilized for public use, so as to endanger the safe movement of pedestrians or vehicles thereon; and no person after being warned by a law enforcement officer shall willfully block or obstruct, or willfully prevent the free access to the entrance to any building open to the public. "

Seems like this would apply well to this situation.

You think these TV and newspaper reports would at least put the facts out there.

Officer Parco did not use the "Misdemeanor" act of Disorderly Conduct as several media outlets have reported. He instead used the ARRESTABLE Ordinance Violation.

Mayor Frank, if you opened your mouth before you had the facts, shame on you! We are waiting to hear it from you mouth. Then the SUPPORT RITA GARVEY campaing will begin. And shame on the PD for not releasing a statement. I am sure Wayne would have set the entire situation straight.

Pleading with some cranky geezer for 20 minutes? Asking her to move her vehicle up 1 foot? Warning her she could be arrested? And the officer has a witness who backs up his account of the situation. Sounds again like a communist "news" paper with an axe to grind against law enforcement. The media also fails to report that she would have been release with what amounts to a ticket if she had dropped the granny-knows-best attitude and provided the information that the officer asked her for.

Attention OLD BAG! You might beat the charge, but you didn't beat the ride. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame before you take your dirt nap.

Well done Officer Parco!

01-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I can not believe those who are bashing this cop ( I will not type his name since I doubt many of you would like your name on here) You are suppose to be brothers. No matter what! You should be sticking up for him even if he was wrong. (which if you were not there then you really have no say) Image if this was you. And don't reply with I would never do that. You really don't know because you were not there.
For those of you posting that she is a 75 year old woman. oh boo hoo... Then a 75 year old woman should have learned to respect people by now. Are you honestly going to tell me that a 75 year old woman can't shoot you. When you start to treat people like they are old and feable is when you get your butt in trouble. You have to treat everyone like they are a criminal unfortunatly. You can do that with respect or not.

Also why is no one bashing Frank Hibbard? I mean I know him so does that mean that I can treat anyone the way I want to and I get to go on good morning America because I know him? Wow!! Must be nice.
That woman shoud be ashamed of herself for taking this as far as she has. She really wanted her 15 minutes of fame before she kicks the bucket!

01-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Are you "appalled" or are you "applauding"?

01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Maybe we should have age limits on crimes....

01-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Because this woman's son was politically connected, we've heard about this unfortunate, shameful incident. My neighbor was not fortunate enough to be politically connected. Jim Coats did not have the courtesy to look into the situation and correct a mistake that his officers made. Imagine how many other citizens who have suffered because of mistakes made by similarly inclined deputies who like to throw their weight around.

01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Golly Beaver,
I am sure looking forward to the Superbowl on Feb 3. I think I'm going to have to go for the New York Giants to beat the New England Patriots! Even though they're both a bunch of Yankee Teams!!

Goooo GIANTS!!

01-22-2008, 06:12 AM
CLEARWATER, FLA—They say there’s a first time for everything but when Jean Merola, a 75-year-old grandmother and widow went to McDonald’s Thursday for her afternoon regimen of a decaf coffee and fries, she didn’t expect to be arrested by the Clearwater Police Department.

Merola, who’s never been arrested, wasn’t lovin’ it, sitting in the Pinellas County Jail after being handcuffed and charged with disorderly conduct by a police officer in line behind her at a Clearwater McDonald’s which is a short distance from her home.

The grandmother of eight drove her Lincoln Town car to the drive-thru window about 4 p.m. Thursday and ordered a decaf coffee and medium fries, hold the salt. In that saltless fries are a “special order”, she was told to pull ahead to an area of the parking lot where customers wait if their orders take a few minutes to prepare.

It still hasn’t been disclosed why Clearwater Police Officer Matthew Parco, 30, was behind Merola but as she sat in her car waiting for her fries, she heard a car horn being repeatedly sounded behind her. When she looked around, she saw the police cruiser and an officer waving his arms, apparently wanting her to move her car.

Next comes an issue of probable cause as Parco, obviously irritated with Merola when didn’t budge, got out of his patrol car, walked up to the driver’s side of her car and asked for her registration and license.

By this time, Merola was agitated too and told the rookie cop, on the job for about a year, that she hadn’t done anything wrong and wasn’t producing anything.

From there it went downhill and the officer’s report of the incident differs from Merola’s version. She says he argued with her about where she was parked and she shot back that she was parked where the McDonald’s staff had told her to park to await her order.

His report says her car was blocking people in line behind her and that he asked her to move her car ahead. She says that she doesn’t recall that and if anyone was blocking the line, it was him. She says she couldn’t have moved ahead because there was a curb in front of her.

Could this woman that’s waiting for her fries, parking in a designated area of the parking lot be demented? That’s what Parco told his supervisor who he called in Merola’s earshot and told that he thought Merola needed to be committed under the state’s Baker Act.

With that, Merola became offended and exercised her First Amendment rights and free speech, calling the cop a “brat”, a “smart ass” and a “dumb “s—t”.

Not to be dissed by a gray haired woman, Parco used his uniform and seemingly engaged in an abuse of power that has become all too prevalent across the county, Parco placed Merola under arrest for misdemeanor disorderly conduct, cuffed the elderly woman behind her back and placed her in the back of his patrol car, transporting her to jail. Her car was impounded, costing her $160 and she says she sustained injuries to her shoulders and neck from being handcuffed for about an hourShe says that while she respects police officers and brought her children up to respect the police that she doesn’t feel that Parco deserved her respect and that he hadn’t acted like a police officer should.

Similar unconstitutional arrests being made such as the Pennsylvania woman busted for swearing at her overflowing toilet and the man charged for writing an expressive opinion on his check paying a parking ticket fine have been shot down. http://www.northcountrygazette.org/news ... gar_check/ (http://www.northcountrygazette.org/news/2008/01/13/vulgar_check/)

The Pennsylvania Superior Court has ruled that the “offense of disorderly conduct is not intended as a catchall for every act which annoys or disturbs people; it is not to be used as a dragnet for all the irritations which breed in the ferment of a community”.

The First Amendment would be applicable in Clearwater too. Merola was searched, fingerprinted and had her mug shot taken at the jail where she was held for several hours until she was released to her daughter and son-in-law.

The Clearwater mayor has reportedly called Merola and apologized, saying the incident shouldn’t have happened and is being investigated.

Perhaps if Merola sues for her unconstitutional arrest, the Clearwater PD isn’t going to be lovin’ it either. 1-19-08

Can you say unconstitutional ARREST!!! Nice job!!!

01-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I do not believe that is a real news article, if so then it must be an editorial. There is very little objectivity and way to much personal opinion in that post.

veteranman1
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Whoa hoss, lets slow the bus a hair, eh? Who was ther except the officer and the driver? I wasn't, and placing ANY weight on John Trevena'a lot is a mistake in itself. There ARE two sides, last I checked, for every story...Whhile on its face it does paint a bleak picture, if she refused to cooperate then there is the cause-effect from that

As for the public hating officers, lets pull em alll outta dodge for 1 day, Mr Guest and public relations, and shift for yourself nitwit.....and you have made no mistakes in YOUR low life eh? Right

The Nitely Blog
01-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I was just watching the Fox news channel and seen a story about this. Even the anchors on there thaught she was wrong. That said. I had a simular situation many years ago with the exception of the age of the subject. The driver in my incident was in her mid 40's. She also refused to move her ILLEGALLY parked vehicle and was blocking traffic as well. She commenced to calling me every name you could think of as well as refused to give me her drivers license and vehicle paperwork. I asked her if the vehicle that she was in was registered to her. She advised me with a few more deragatory words that it was. I went back to my vehicle and ran the tag getting all of her vehicle and drivers license information. I completed a UTC for illegal parking. I reapproached the vehicle and when I presented the citation to her she refused to sign it, thus committing a misdemeanor of failure to sign a citation. She was promptly arrested by me for that offense instead of any disorderly conduct charge. The thought of disorderly conduct did cross my mind but I figured the failure to sign the citation was a better way to go due to just me and her being there. Instead of just my word against hers in court I had a physical piece of evidence in the unsigned citation. She was found guilty by the judge and fined a healthy amount. :lol:

As far your mayor supposedly calling this lady to apoligize, he is more than wrong in my opinion.

01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Your Mom posted it all correct straight from the City's website. Someone wrote in an earlier post how he made all CPD officer's look bad by arresting this old geezer.........He didn't make us look bad it's the cost of doing business, he was in a lose lose spot. All you on here bashing him are the ones that are making us look bad........If you were in his situation or one similar, you would want all of us backing you wouldn't you............The real shame here is all of you running your yaps......Once last thing Where's Wayne?

Dirty Harry
01-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Ofc. Parco,
I wasn't there, but the media is having a hay day with you. Keep your chin up and keep doing good police work. Everyone knows how anyone of these type of situations of ours could turn out this way. We try to do the RIGHT thing by not placing charges on citizens. When we do we do the lesser of two evils. The Ordninance instead of the Misdemeanor charge for Disorderly was a choice made, possibly next time instead of wasting 20-minutes trying to amuse the old bag. I don't tell my children 3-times to do something so a 75-year old should know better, after the 2- direct orders to move her vehicle and she didn't comply, LOAD the wench for failing to follow a lawful order and be done with it, as they are all a long arse Aciss report anyways. The McDonalds staff had to direct traffic around her and would easliy be articulated. Oh and for COWHEAD on 102.5 staff saying they would like to fight your family, I got your back as I am a brother in BLUE and my fair COW will get stroked - sign here pal FULL MONTY.

01-23-2008, 04:37 AM
It's amazing when you listen to the radio stations and read the paper how ignorant the general public can be. As police departments always do, we hold our side of the story until the incident is investigated, then release a statement. The public is only getting one side of the story and are ready to hang the Ofc. From what I have read, (And if it's true) Ofc. Parco's only mistake here is honking the horn to get her to move or her attention. After that, it appears as if this "citizen" took it way to far trying to prove a point. If you heard her on the radio Tuesday morning, that was her intention, to prove him wrong. She even said she as not going to be bullied around by the officer. There were also several articles and editorials bashing him for arresting and not having patience with the elderly. First off, you would think after 75 years, you would have learned the proper way to behave and secondly, last I checked, there is no age limits to being arrested. I wonder if this was a 30 year old man, same situation, would it even be noted? Would the Mayor apologize to his family?

01-23-2008, 06:27 AM
The lady was having a "senior moment". Regardless of the officers initial actions, when an officer approaches you and asks or tells you to move your car, you move your car. Not a hard thing to do for someone with clear thinking. She could have easily moved the car and that would have been the end of it.

01-23-2008, 09:09 AM
All you people who think you can just do whatever you want is just wrong. When I tell you to MOVE you MOVE! When I tell you to JUMP, you ask how high. I'm the LAW, the PO lice. I don't have to have a reason. All I have to say is GIT and you better get. Got it?
I don't understand what the problem is? I got a badge and a Gun. I can arrest you!!! I don't care if the arrest is all made up BS. I still arrested you so I won!!!
Any of you saying your the police and won't stick by your brother officers are worse than the old ladies that we arrest cause we can.

That grandma is lucky she didn't get tased. I would have tasered her twice just cause I could. I'm the PO lice. We can't have any civil disobediance or any kind of disobediance. That's anarchy and I'm not gonna stand for it.

01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I think we're all missing the big picture here.... We all deal with these issues everyday. Cop or civilian.... "Do I arrest or do I NOT", "Do I listen to the PoPo, or do I NOT."

The problem is not the Officer or the old lady.

The problem is that we are entertaining this to an UNGODLY level. We can thank the media for this circus. And we should CERTAINTLY make sure we thank Mr Hibbard for listening to her, and putting Clearwater in the National spotlight.

Moral of the story? Ask for resumes on EVERYONE you arrest before you put them in cuffs. If they are connected, think twice. At least, that is the message I'm getting from our City leaders....

If Joe Transient got arrested for disorderly, and called CNN, would we be having this conversation/thread?

So who's to blame here???

01-25-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm not a Police Officer, but I've worked closely with them for a couple of decades in comm center.. and I' ve seen them come and go....and some times.. when they Get A Little Too Big.... and this is such an occurrence. There is a point where only or let me say.. usually .. age or experience will allow you to make the decision that will let you Save Face with the Citizen..and let you keep yourself off of CNN. Yes.. Parco technically is within the law for arrest.. but will the State Attorneys Office throw the case out.... probably. We cant quarterback, but this is such a NON EXTREME case, that we should. If the lady did not move...then Parco..should have just seen that she was of such years that he should have worked his way through the situation.. that she WOULD HAVE MOVED HER CAR eventually. So McDonalds might of complained... so what. And Parco would not have this on his record for the rest of his employment here at CPD.....there are much Grander More Relevent Police Cases that an officer should be known for than this......just remember... boys in BLue.. comm center ALWAYS knows..whats going on.........and Another Thing... it's just the generation that is becoming police officers... Its All About Them...... blame their parents!

01-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Another instance where the comm center IS WRONG. Go back to your coupon clipping the state will file, there are victims, witnesses and video, the old broad is a pain and the Mayor is an idiot, and stepping out of bounds getting involved

01-25-2008, 02:26 AM
the old broad is a pain and the Mayor is an idiot, and stepping out of bounds getting involved

Amen. I emailed the mayor's office to tell them how I strongly upset I was about the lack of support for the police department.

Did the mayor call the officer and apologize to him for the death threat he received?

Didn't think so.

01-25-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm surprised that this hasn't been said.

I wonder what would have happened, had the officer, walked up to the car, professionally explained that she was blocking him and others from pulling out, and asked her in a professional way, to pull up a little. If it had been handled in a professional manner from the beginning, I doubt that any of us would be discussing it now. Nor would it have made national news.

I know as an officer that we can tell people what to do, but I have found through the years that it is a whole lot less stressful to kindly ask someone to do something. Odds are they are going to be willing to comply.

01-25-2008, 03:31 AM
The reason the media has made such a big deal out of this is because CPD arrested Lady Elaine Fairchilde...look for yourself. She the first picture on the left of the webpage.

http://www.blairmag.com/blair6/madame/

01-25-2008, 05:57 AM
I had to come on here to see what others were saying. Last night on Cleveland's Channel 5, I had a brief sighting of a Clearwater Police cruiser. Curious as to why, I waited for the news cast of this 75 year old woman being arrested by one of CPD's youngest.

It brought back a situation that I had several years ago as a 'ride along' while working for CPD.

The officer I was assigned to ride with and myself answered a call of a shoplifter at the old Downtown Maas Brothers store. Upon entering the security office, there sat an elderly male in his 70's. Thru further investigation, this elderly man had driven from his home on Island Estates, and proceeded to steal cologne and some expensive ties from the men's department consealing them in his pants. When approached by Maas Brother's security upon exiting the store, the elderly man admitted to taking the merchandise.

The officer I was riding with issued this elderly shoplifter a "NTA" and advised him of his court date for the illegal deed he had done. The gentleman was released. We walked to the cruiser and went back into service.

I was furious! I wanted to know why this man didn't get a ride to "CJ" as he had committed a crime! He's a criminal! A RICH criminal at that with his address on Island Way even! I wanted him to learn a lesson from this!

I questioned the officer as to his reason behind not taking this 'criminal' down to County. His reply? "Taking this man to jail would have solved nothing, but once we got down there, the jail staffed would have laughed us out of the salli-port for bringing this elderly man in for taking a couple of ties and some stinky cologne" Again, I didn't understand...the officer continued "He'll have to get a family member or a friend to give him a ride down to court and he'll have to tell them why" "he'll have to explain what he did to his daughter, don't you think that's humiliation enough?"

That's when I learned certain phases of police work is disgressionary. Not everyone has to be hauled off to jail. Not everyone needs to be publicly humiliated. Hauling elderly people to jail over trivial things makes you and your agency look stupid. :oops:

This has made National News. A friend out in California said it was on the news out in L.A. Could this have been handled differently? Sure. Matter of Principle? Ego trip? I don't know but it sure wasn't worth getting CPD National recognition for taking someone's Grandmother to jail because she got mouthy and didn't move her vehicle that was parked on PRIVATE property. A lot of citizens get mouthy with the police. It's protected by mine and your First Amendment.

Seems like rookie-boy needs to get thick skinned. He's got 18 more years to put up with rude and mouthy citizens who won't do everything he tells them to do. If he's goinig to take every individual to jail that speaks their mind, his squad will be working short every shift, and he'll be writing a lot of reports! "CD, I'm out with an elderly subject who gave me the finger as I drove by...1 10-15, enroute to county"

:idea: Maybe he should do some community out reach at a few nursing homes for a while, so long no granny in a wheelchair refuses to do as their told.

01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey Cleveland!

If you didn't understand why a COOPERATIVE old shoplifter was released on a notice to appear, what makes you think you could understand why an UNCOOPERATIVE DISORDERLY NUT deserved a ride to CJ.

Nothing has changed...you didn't get it then, you still don't get it now. You sit down and enjoy some low sodium fries with this 'poor little angel' of a grandmother, then tell me she doesn't have issues.

There is a time and place to pitch your *itch about how you feel about cops...your voice can be heard. But do it the right way, don't play brinksmanship by earning criminal charges- It's not 'My way or the Highway', It's more like 'Go away'-they want you gone-or 'I'll be forced to Take you away'

You learned nothing from your ride along. Stick to TJ Hooker re-runs.

01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Cleveland/Akron News......wow....nevermind....its not even worth wasting my time.....

01-25-2008, 03:43 PM
All you need to know about the old lady is this..she belongs to the type of family that would call in a DEATH threat to a POLICE officer. Sure does sound like a sweet old lady doesnt it? Here is a hint people...just because someone is old, grey and senile..does not mean they are sweet ol mom and pops from down the street. The media saw a story that they could sell papers with in a time when newspapers are losing readers to the internet.

01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I worked at CPD probably long before some of you were born, so don't give me any of your "I'm rightous- your wrong BS".

It appears the new crop has more 'issues' than the old lady ever will. No wonder the "Brotherhood" that once was there is no longer. The bitter, hateful rant above proves it all. Guess Psych tests are no longer required for new recruits.

The woman used words and was sitting in her vehicle wasn't she? She didn't take a swing at the officer, didn't take him to the ground, didn't use a weapon on him right? So what? Nothing more than a school-yard rant...or in this case, a nursing home taunt.

When North Greenwood Avenue would have THOUSANDS of individuals out lining the street, and calling officers anything and every name imaginable (much worse than some 75 year old woman) no CPD officer jumped out of his cruiser and started putting cuffs on each individual and carting them off to jail for not cooperating with the police. Even when the rocks and bottles were thrown, assigned officers took a step back and didn't go 'flexing their badge'. Yet it appears now if Grandma doesn't speak to Ofc Junior in a kind manner like Junior's mommy does after she packs snacks for him to take to work, then she's a Baker-Act waiting to happen? Oh you've progressed so far!

Sticks and stones may break bones but words will land you a 90minute stint in jail and NATIONAL attention???

Someone's reputation must have been worth just waiting a few more minutes to get around the car. Patience son, Patience. It comes with maturity and learning that "Master Badge" gets you nothing...but on the NBC Nightly News. This incident doesn't bring shame to me, or my current employer, nor will I ever have to live with this incident following my career. Life and police work is all about choices...

01-25-2008, 06:21 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]I'm surprised that this hasn't been said.

I wonder what would have happened, had the officer, walked up to the car, professionally explained that she was blocking him and others from pulling out, and asked her in a professional way, to pull up a little. If it had been handled in a professional manner from the beginning, I doubt that any of us would be discussing it now. Nor would it have made national news.

I wonder what would have happened had the officer just waited a few more minutes? I wait in line every day. I wait at stop lights everday. I wait in the right turn lane when the driver in front of me doesn't make his turn on red every day. I wait in line at the grocery store, but never scream from behind to "hurry up lady" when she's writing a check instead of using cash. I wait at the car wash. I wait at the bank.

Short of another officer being in trouble at the time this occured, and the officer involved had to respond quickly, anything else could have waited. I mean, it IS Clearwater and he wasn't the only cop on duty right?

What was so important that the guy couldn't wait a few minutes?

01-25-2008, 06:55 PM
who made the threat and why wasn't anyone arrested

01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
We heard about this incident up here in Oregon as well. I've read the posts and wonder if these officers know that a family member of the lady made a death threat, then why hasn't an arrest been made in that incident? Or is it that they don't know who it came from, which is why no arrest has been made in that case.

Here a kid made a death threat by telephone to a high school principal because school wasn't closed one snowy day. By the end of the school day, the young lad was in handcuffs. You'd think with Clearwater Police and all their technology they'd be able to find the person who threatened the officer and make an arrest.

Unless it's only a rumor, and we know how famous CPD for with rumors!

01-25-2008, 08:26 PM

He did. Read the police report.

Even after she got her frickin' food, she sat there in total defiance. He even asked if she had family that could come help her. She said, "It's none of your business."

READ THE REPORT. This guy bent over backwards. He WAS patient. JEESH!!!!

01-25-2008, 08:34 PM
You'd think with Clearwater Police and all their technology they'd be able to find the person who threatened the officer and make an arrest.

CPD is well aware of who it is. The person was named in an email that went out to all officers.

Since *I* am not a LEO, I won't be so bold as to tell CPD how to do their job. But I do know this is the truth and you other civilians that come here and critique the Clearwater Police or any other agency, needs to get a life and mind your own business.

I wouldn't be here, but to be one voice of support and reason, due to my family having several members in law enforcement.

Unfortunately, getting threats happens more than the average citizen knows about. It's wrong, it's scary, and it comes with the territory. So, when we are a little stand offish when you ask what our son or husband does for a living, you'll understand. I sure do have a better appreciation for privacy now, due to the rude, accusing, and nasty people who have come to this board to bash the officer that they know nothing about, besides the twisted and slanted media has presented.

01-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey Cleveland no Hockey game to skip work for so you are watching Clearwater on TV?

01-26-2008, 03:31 AM

He did. Read the police report.

Even after she got her frickin' food, she sat there in total defiance. He even asked if she had family that could come help her. She said, "It's none of your business."

READ THE REPORT. This guy bent over backwards. He WAS patient. JEESH!!!!

I'm sure that after honking his horn and waving his arms, that he walked up to the car and "Professionally" spoke to her. I must have slept through the class on Horn Honking and Arm Waving Techniques.

I just read the report. Priceless.....

One of the many odd things I noticed in the report. He pulled his car directly up behind hers.

Then after he returned to his car, she stormed towards his car 3 different times. What did she storm 3 or 4 feet and stop each time.

I also like the way he changes her words. He stated first that she claimed to "know the chief." Then when he said what he said to her, he referred to her as "a close personal friend of the Chief." Most people would only do this to antagonize someone. He also include so many quotes that I would hope he had a recording of them, so that he is sure that his report is accurate.

If he asked her from his car to move her car at least 2 or 3 times, he obviously yelled, if he expected her to hear him. Honestly, how much good does it do to yell at someone or ask them to do something, when you are in a car behind them? I'm sure it was hard for her to hear him.

I still believe that had he simply walked up and asked her nicely to move her car up a little, BEFORE he did anything else, this could have been avoided.

01-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Ohioians know nothing about hockey, so no...can't get permission from my shift supervisor to continually attend weekly hockey games like I used to, but thanks for being concerned and remembering.

"Watching Clearwater on TV?" Not like I went looking for the story. If you had actually read and could comprehended my post, Cleveland NEWS Channel 5/6pm news was telling local viewers up here about it. Didn't even have to spend a dime on a newspaper either since it was also on sptimes.com. The story was free to us outsiders.

After graduating from police academy in 2004 myself (I'm now sworn so I guess it means I'm born!) and earning the privledge to wear the badge, I somewhat have a grasp of dealing face-to-face with the public and being thick skinned. I think maturity and experience teach you what battles to fight and what ones you'll loose.

So some grandma was a jerk and didn't want to move her vehicle from the private property it was parked on. So what? Was the officer trying to respond Code 3 to another needing assistance? If so, I hadn't read that part nor was it reported that she was blocking an emergency vehicle. Was he assigned an urgent call and had to get past? I didn't read that either. So getting ones panties in a wad to cause such public national attention really worth it?

Me attending a hockey game with supervisory approval now and again never drew any local or national media attention to the Department now did it? Again, thanks for status checking me..!

01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
The answer here is "Could this situation have been handled differently?" Just as in a justified shoot, when you consider all elements and a clean shoot was the only option, it was the only option.

If there were only 1 way to handle this particular situation, and what any officer placed in the same position would have done the same - then it was the only viable option. That's where the problem lies.

The true answer will come in court, and all elements of the crime and both parties will have a chance at their say.

01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
You often read in the newspaper how the elderly are abused and taken advantage of. What we all seem to forget is that the elderly can also commit crimes in this wonderful world we live in. Should we excuse the elderly and allow them to run rampant amongst the rest of us? The question to all of the certified Law Enforcement Officers on this page is would you have taken the same verbal abuse from an 18 year old kid? We can make excuses and say, well she is elderly and doesn't know what she is doing. We can also say the 18 year old kid is, well... an 18 year old kid and he doesn't know any better so lets send him on his way. Or better yet lets just leave the problem and hope it goes away. In either case we as LEO's have to make decisions all day long, often the ones we would rather not make. Should I shoot the 15 year old kid with a handgun pointed right at me? Well, yes you would. Do you really want to kill a 15 year old kid? Absolutely not! I don't think Parco woke up that morning, went to his beat and said, I want to take me some senior citizen azz to jail today. This is a non-issue and the media is doing there best to make it out to be something its not.

01-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Parko, dont sweat this this BS, understand the sources of the bashing. We have ingnorant tree huging liberal citizens, we have jailers(who are jailers becuse they could not become cops) and dispatchers(who are dispatchers becuase they are scared to be cops). Would I have handles it the same way, probably not, but I can only say that because I was not there; therefore, my opinion means little as well. All I know is that your a good cop and dont sweat these tree huggin, whale saven, sit in the back of the class and second guess those who do, because they can't nay-sayers. And for those who are cops that are bashing a fellow officer, I'm discusted, its not like he slept with another officers' wife, or slept with recruits; he made a valid arrest after advising his supervisor. We are the only ones out there that take care of each other. If we dont, and as you can see the media nor the ignorat citizens will, who will. If you have an issue what was done, and your LEO, get the facts, and then get with that particular officer. Don't bash another officer, espically on a forum that non-leos are watching. Be safe brothers, and Parco dont sweat this, alot of CPD has your back!

01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I really hope the previous post was not from an educated police officer. Their thoughts were fine, the spelling and grammer was atrocious.

01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Parko, dont sweat this this BS, understand the sources of the bashing. We have ingnorant tree huging liberal citizens, we have jailers(who are jailers becuse they could not become cops) and dispatchers(who are dispatchers becuase they are scared to be cops). Would I have handles it the same way, probably not, but I can only say that because I was not there; therefore, my opinion means little as well. All I know is that your a good cop and dont sweat these tree huggin, whale saven, sit in the back of the class and second guess those who do, because they can't nay-sayers. And for those who are cops that are bashing a fellow officer, I'm discusted, its not like he slept with another officers' wife, or slept with recruits; he made a valid arrest after advising his supervisor. We are the only ones out there that take care of each other. If we dont, and as you can see the media nor the ignorat citizens will, who will. If you have an issue what was done, and your LEO, get the facts, and then get with that particular officer. Don't bash another officer, espically on a forum that non-leos are watching. Be safe brothers, and Parco dont sweat this, alot of CPD has your back!

If I were a defense attorney and these were the type of written dialog coming out of CPD, I'd have a field day in court with this guy's reports! Maybe they don't teach remedial report writing classes any longer?

01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
To CPD poster, You sir are the one who is truly ignorant. I am a Detention Deputy because I choose to be, I am also very pro law-enforcement so dont judge Detention deputies for the job that we do, Not all of us,only a few people if they truly are as you call jail guards are bashing this officer, No I was not there and I am not judging him so dont judge all of us.

01-31-2008, 01:03 AM
as for the to posters slaming my gramer, i am truly sory, i shud have cheked for typos and did a spel chek, but i was tired and just wanted to shout out to a felow officer that we do not judge him. necs time i will youse a thusorus and prufe read my coments. As for the jailer guy, I stand corrected. Just don’t hold a great regards any more on you all due to throwing an IA on one of our guys. never the less, I should have not lumped you all in one category. For this I apologize...Seriously, I just wanted to let a fellow officer know that we back him, and to keep his head up.

01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
And I am supposed to hold all of you in high regards for the french fry incident give me a break. I have no idea about the IA complaint as I am sure 99.9% dont either

01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
People, let's remember that anyone can post here and pretend to a cpd officer, a jailer, or whatever. That last 'cpd' post looks like someone's 11 year old got on the computer.

Don't assume someone you are communicating with on this board is a LEO. CPD or any agency for that matter, isn't fairly represented on these boards. Wanna talk to a LEO? Go on a ride along or introduce yourself to the next LEO you see on the street. Say hello.

02-01-2008, 04:44 AM
I really hope the previous post was not from an educated police officer. Their thoughts were fine, the spelling and grammer was atrocious.

Well Done! You misspelled grammar.

02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
there are some situations you juyt can't win and you need to walk instead of taking things personally. this was one of them.

02-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Hey, when is it my turn to beat this dead horse???

Bean5769
02-05-2008, 03:31 PM
now that there are witnesses coming to the defense of the officer, stating that he was very patient in his dealing with her and her attorney stating that she did make comments she may wish she hadnt made but still does not believe (of course) that she needed to be arreseted :roll: , is anyone on here willing to admit that maybe parco was in the right? in this line of work, it is not unheard of for people to suprise you with their behavior. me not one bit surprised that an old lady got pizzy with a cop.

02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Parco was in the right.

For one, I am sorry for you all (not just Parco) for having to tolerate that kind of crap. Just because you know the Chief, the Mayor, God, doesnt mean you can do as you wish and treat people however you want.

I am glad Parco did what he did and I am glad he showed the restraint that he did.

This lady should be ashamed of herself.

Robert

02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
now that there are witnesses coming to the defense of the officer, stating that he was very patient in his dealing with her and her attorney stating that she did make comments she may wish she hadnt made but still does not believe (of course) that she needed to be arreseted :roll: , is anyone on here willing to admit that maybe parco was in the right? in this line of work, it is not unheard of for people to suprise you with their behavior. me not one bit surprised that an old lady got pizzy with a cop.

I am waiting for the Milwaukee Pd Officer that was siding with Ms. Merola to issue an apology on this page, ALSO a Pinellas ounty Detention Officer that felt it necessary to berate Officer Parco. Because I find it interesting Mr Milwaukee City, that Officer Parco started his Law Enforcement carreer as a MILWAUKEE DEPUTY.

02-06-2008, 05:48 AM

Hey, moron. Buy a dictionary and put down the donut. You'll be able to type better.

02-06-2008, 05:56 AM

Hey, moron. Buy a dictionary and put down the donut. You'll be able to type better.

02-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Clwr police r the nastiest police officers around u can b walking down the street and they want id and want 2 know where your going and all sorts of questions that's all irrelivent. All i'm saying is they could be a little more understanding to us the public!

02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Clwr police r the nastiest police officers around u can b walking down the street and they want id and want 2 know where your going and all sorts of questions that's all irrelivent. All i'm saying is they could be a little more understanding to us the public!

Good to see they still let transients use the computers at the library, cute.

02-07-2008, 02:53 AM

Good to see they still let transients use the computers at the library, cute.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

I said something MUCH nastier, but my conscience and back space key saved the day!