PDA

View Full Version : Baynews 9 report/Officer Seeley (sp?)

01-19-2008, 06:56 AM
I saw the news report on Baynews 9 about the K-9 attack on that girl and being a cop myself viewed between the lines. In order for that K-9 to be released, someone had to be in body contact with the officer in order for his shirt remote to be activated. Either that, or the officer felt in enough danger to release his K-9? x4? Anyway, I'm guessing that the girl in the news story wasn't as innocent as shown and the dog did his duty and attacked whoever was attacking his handler. Am I correct? I'm sure I am. Anyway, Hurray for you and your partner. Hope you don't let biased news reporting get you down. Those of us who work the beat know how it is.

Sincerely,
An 18 year vet.

01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I work for the SO, but the newspaper said that she had a gesture at him and struck his shirt, thus releasing the dog. Probably something that couldnt be done again if tried 100 more times.

I know Seeley when he worked for the SO (long long time ago, and the gym) and he's a great guy. Ive seen the dog in competitions and they are a great team together. I only hear good things about him through other officers.

This just happens to be an unfortunate incident, but it happens. The remote did its job, and so did the dog.

She should have kept her hands to herself irregardless of whatever circumstances. Heck I know that and I'm IN uniform.

I hope nothing comes of this for him. This is just an honest mistake.

01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I know Ted personally and respect him and the service he and Bodo, as well as all of the K-9's provide to the citizens and business owners of Lakeland.

Ted & Bodo have been a great asset to the people of the City of Lakeland and to the Lakeland Police Department.

What happened was an unfortunate accident.

Ted, know this, we appreciate everything you and Bodo do every day for us! We know you are professional and that whatever may have happened, it was not intentional!

Jon
929 Gilmore

01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
To guest111,

I know him- I go to the gym with him, what he does on his personal life that you accuse him of, thats your issue with him.

None of mine.

He is an officer that I know would back me up in a heartbeat and I with him. If you want to go and slander his name, that is your choice, not mine. He's never done anything wrong/accusatory/defamed towards me. I can sit there and hold my head up high and tell him whatever I think to him, in front of him.

Can you do the same?

This post was nothing about his personal life. It was in regards to the unfortunate incident with the girl and his dog. You were out of line and this comment was not called for.

Oh, and by the way, guest111, I am a female. And he has never made any advances or made any flirtings with me. He's always been professional, respectable, and courteous to not only me, but to any other female that he comes in contact with at the gym. And yes, I am a(n) attractive female-- not some masculine type bullish female. So keep your nasty opinions to yourself.

01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Guest111 appears to be one of those that became a cop because he was picked on in high school. Just to let you all know he has been reported to MOD 1 and his post should be removed in the near future. Hey guest111 here are a few words of advise. If you have direct knowledge of someone committing a felony you need to notify the proper people. If you are just repeating hearsay and rumor you picked the wrong forum and outlet to repeat it. Should Ofc. Sealey ever incure any financial liability for the accidental bite then I suggest he in turn sue Guest111 for slander and defamation of character.

01-21-2008, 01:23 AM
My wife and I appreciate the positive feed back in which my fellow brothers and sisters are showing to us. Jon I thank you for your kind remarks and the thoughtfullness of your comments. In regards to the incident which started this Blog I am not allowed to comment via this site at this time. However, I will gladly speak with anyone face to face at anytime when the City I work for states the case is closed. As far as guest111 goes; if you need to conceal your identity and can not face me then stay annonymous and continue to hide behind your key board. I work on the Delta rotation which is 0630 to 1830 hours available to answer your concerns about my work ethic and or Family/private life.

If this is not suitable to you then keep writing unknown facts and soothe your inner soul with your lies. I do not stand here and pretend to be a saint nor a hero, I'm just a human being.

Officer Ted Sealey LPd #248/K-9

01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
I have worked the streets and done real police work with Ofc. Sealey for years now. There aint a door in this entire city or any other that I would not go through with Ted or Bodo. As a matter of fact as I recall I have actually gone through quite a few doors with them both and made arrests with them and i am not actually sure if this 111 character was with us at any of those times. Tell u what though, if by chance u decide to take Ted up on his invitation to meet with him, I would gladly like to join u both.

Rawn 221

01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
My name is Lazaro Cabrera and I am a police K-9 handler and the owner of Police Service Dogs Inc. from where Bodo was purchased. I am also the individual who trains with Ted and Bodo.

Ted, the only thing that I can write on here is that the jealous unbrave person so called "guest111" that has written these negative comments about you and Bodo have never had the opportunity to own such a well balanced police dog. As I told you before, it is very lonely when you are at the top. You have many friends and "guest111" will never be able to bring you down because you always act with common sense and good faith.

I will always be here for you.

01-22-2008, 05:20 AM
to guest111

ted and bodo are a great team. we've trained together and competed agaisnt each other. i respect him as a handler. i would,and have, let ted watch my back any day on a track or building search.

bad things happen by accident everyday. would you give someone the same amount of grief for havng a fender bender?

01-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Just to update everyone, I got a response from MOD 1 tonight and Guest111's post has been removed and he has been banned. I am all for calling out the shennanigans our staff pulls but accusing others of criminal activity is unacceptable and obviously against the rules. Too bad they cannot remove the post concerning Katina and ban that person as well but unfortunately that is information available through public record.