PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is PBA?

01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Not that we really give a s@#$ about them, but what do they have on the agenda and what do they plan on doing about it? They should be on top of things especially after the 70 car pile up in Polk County!! I refuse to be a member until something is done! I'm not worried about the freaking AR-15s or tazers. Give me a F-ing pay raise Tally!!

01-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!! All those bargaining units are a waste of money.
They can try all they want to push to get us a raise but they dont make the final decision. Thats why everyone is leaving FHP and going to other agencies. The state is losing employees at a faster rate than they can train new members.

I WONDER WHY!!!!! NO PAY RAISES!!!
NOTHING TO RETAIN US!!!

01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!! All those bargaining units are a waste of money.
They can try all they want to push to get us a raise but they dont make the final decision. Thats why everyone is leaving FHP and going to other agencies. The state is losing employees at a faster rate than they can train new members.

I WONDER WHY!!!!! NO PAY RAISES!!!
NOTHING TO RETAIN US!!!

We all know money isnt the only problem. Everyone knew how much they would be making when they took this job. It is the multitude of other BS that makes people leave as well. That being said, money is the cure all many times. With more money people will endure the BS and stay.

Fellow Trooper
01-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Why dont we unionize ourselves? Why do we have to depend on another group to do so? We could get 1 Person from each district to be part of the bargining (sp) unit. That way every troop and every district is spoken for. If we could do it I for sure would to my part and put my name in the hat.

Any one else have any ideas?

01-19-2008, 03:14 AM
Why dont we unionize ourselves? Why do we have to depend on another group to do so? We could get 1 Person from each district to be part of the bargining (sp) unit. That way every troop and every district is spoken for. If we could do it I for sure would to my part and put my name in the hat.

Any one else have any ideas?

This is true, but isn't that what F.A.S.T. does? Well I'm really not sure what F.A.S.T. does lol! It would be cheaper and we could probably get people that actually care about this agency which is slim pickings right now!

01-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Most state police/highway patrol agencies have their own associations that bargain for them. Not groups like the P.B.A.

01-20-2008, 02:59 AM
They are thanking God for the bad I-4 crash so they can jump on the bandwagon and look like they are doing something other with ours dues.

01-20-2008, 03:19 PM
They are on extended vacation spending your dues on Call girls. :lol:

Fellow Trooper
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
From what Ive learned FAST was asked to Union us a while ago but refused to because they didnt want to get in to the politics. I dont know what exactly my $5 a month is doing but it better start thinking about being out own union.

NEXT VOTE I SAY WE UNION OURSELVES.

Anyone want to second that?

01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Where is PBA?

They are great traveling all over they state and collecting our due's. That where they are.

Hey what happenned to the Channel 10 post form Saturday after the piece aired, was someone offended by the truth like usuall. What a joke matbe 55k in 5 years (maybe) we still have to vote on it. Like I said another corrot on a string, to little to late!!

01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
This is true, but isn't that what F.A.S.T. does? Well I'm really not sure what F.A.S.T. does lol! It would be cheaper and we could probably get people that actually care about this agency which is slim pickings right now![/quote]

What does FAST do? They collect your dues and millions over the years from citizens and businesses claiming to represent and assist troopers. Actually, the were formed in '85 to replace the PBA and get us out of the collective barganing unit. They ran for the position once and failed. They also have failed in replacing PBA and getting us out of coll. barg. They do offer attorneys in case of a critical incident but that's about it. They do have nice day books though. But, you can buy them for a few dollars at Wal-Mart.

Fellow Trooper
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Is that all they really do?
Why did the fail back in the day?

01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
We already have our own union, the PBA !, so what is the problem, nobody cares about FAST. Show me the money PBA, FAST, where the heck are you ?.

Trp G Guy
01-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Is that all they really do?
Why did the fail back in the day?

They failed because we were still part of coll. barg. We and the other 12 units get to vote on a collective bargaining agent every 3 years. The other agencies were afraid FAST would over look them and they would not vote for FAST. Now, with us in our own unit, they could have a shot at it but I doubt they will try. It's not as easy as some think anyway. They'd have to pay lawyers, lobbyists, etc. The worst thing is they would actually have to agressivly fight for members rights in disicipline case. That all takes time and money. Actually, FAST is better off. They are a managament and PBA lapdog. They do whatever managament tells them, they spend very little money defending it's members, they raise alot of money from citizens (with the name Fl. Assoc. of State Troopers you can't go wrong, right?).