PDA

View Full Version : A TRUCE

01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Not newspapers, but for what I know to be fact because I was there. The newspapers can only scratch the surface of what is really going on. You were NOT there, so your suppositions are made on what you’re told by others. Maybe in the future you will owe me a large apology if what I say has any merit.

I will make a deal with you. We will call it a truce and I will disappear if you ONLY answer the following questions to the best of your knowledge and honestly:

NO newspapers stories!

1) Show me proof that I am connected with any drug dealers?
2) Show me proof that I have ever been convicted of any drug dealing, or drug possession?
3) Show me one single crime I have committed, or been convicted of?
4) Likewise, the other people you attack in the forums, Mary, Ed, Mitch, show me the same proof if any?

Part two: Your sheriff:

1) Is he an honest, or dishonest person?
2) Has he ever been investigated for alleged misconduct with women while he was a trooper?
3) Has he suppressed truth, or mislead the media in order keep his perceived image intact?
4) Is there, or not a high turnover at the S.O.?
5) Has he or has he not made threats to forum moderators to sue them?
6) Does he not hire officers of questionable backgrounds, previously released by former sheriffs and pretends later to not know anything about it?
7) Why will the sheriff not open up his background, or take a drug test along with his department?
8) Does the sheriff keep close friends that are shady characters in our community?
9) Has the sheriff let deputies go and allowed them to resigned in lieu of criminal charges being filed? Does the sheriff have that authority to not charge his deputies for criminal offenses? Does he not have to run it first past the D.A.? At worst, if he does have that authority, is it ethical to allow them to resign?
10) Last, who is the deputy and the only deputy ever terminated by the sheriff and for what valid reason?

If you answer the above truthfully, I will disappear forever!

MOD –1, give this a chance and maybe this battle will end!

01-17-2008, 11:42 PM
No newspapers? Afraid of the written word? I don’t blame you if you have something to hide.
A truce would be great. Your terms are fairly simple. Here goes:
Your 1 – 4: Since you have remained behind the cloak of anonymity I can not provide you an adequate answer to those questions. You ask that I show you the proof that you are associated with drug dealers. Drug dealers come in all sizes and shapes. You have the common street variety and then you have those that are of the professional variety such as doctors who over prescribe. If you had been a super vice cop like the Miami kind (you know Crockett and Tubbs) then of course you would have rubbed shoulders with them every day, or if you availed yourself of the services of the doctors mentioned above then you have been connected. Since you hide behind the cloak then I am not able to accurately say who you rub shoulders with. As far as Mary, and Mitch no one ever stated they were involved in drug dealing or having connection with drug dealers. Ed says that he was unrighteously treated at another time and place. Again, since you have not provided any positive proof of your true identity I am not able to go further except of what I have read from down south.

1) Yes
2) Not that I have knowledge of, but any law enforcement officer of any large organization will be investigated at some time
3) No
4) No. Normal for small departments
5) No threats, I believe he enlisted their assistance with slanderous/ and liabalous posts.
6) Only been two that I know of and they were dismissed, but no he does not hire officers of questionable character.
7) As with any public official his back ground and his life is an open book.
9) Since individuals work at the pleasure and discretion of the sheriff he can terminate whomever he wants.
10) See number 9
This probably wasn’t the answers you wanted but u wanted honesty. Go quietly in the night, and have a good life. God Bless

01-18-2008, 06:16 AM
No newspapers? Afraid of the written word? I don’t blame you if you have something to hide.

No, not afraid of the written word, but you have shown to be ignorant in believing all that you read apparently. That is why I said leave it out. Your ignorance of the judicial system lacks considerably. You are very naive in that department, possibly because you have lacked true police experience in larger cities. Your exposure is limited to small towns, or traffic.

Your 1 – 4: Since you have remained behind the cloak of anonymity I can not provide you an adequate answer to those questions. You ask that I show you the proof that you are associated with drug dealers. Drug dealers come in all sizes and shapes. You have the common street variety and then you have those that are of the professional variety such as doctors who over prescribe. If you had been a super vice cop like the Miami kind (you know Crockett and Tubbs) then of course you would have rubbed shoulders with them every day, or if you availed yourself of the services of the doctors mentioned above then you have been connected. Since you hide behind the cloak then I am not able to accurately say who you rub shoulders with.

Well, you have eluded that you seem to know who I am. Once again, you make assertions to Miami Vice, why do you do that? I think you keep eluding to Ed, correct? You post on other forums and tell people its Ed the disgruntled one every time a negative post arrives, why?

As far as Mary, and Mitch no one ever stated they were involved in drug dealing or having connection with drug dealers.

I should have been clear on this one, why did you attack Mitch i& Mary in the past about Mitch always quiting his jobs every year, and that Mary and her deputies were causing problems here?

Ed says that he was unrighteously treated at another time and place.

That is true and he was totally cleared, so why do people attack him here, and why does the sheriff show such hatred towards him? Why does the sheriff spread false information about Ed? You said it yourself, anyone can get investigated working for a department, so whats the beef with Ed, other than he stood up to the sheriff on right and wrong issues? Furthermore, he was responsible for taking down a corrupt deputy sheriff under Lovin. Might that be the true reasons. Plus he show most the deputies up in his abilities? I think a little jealous by some is what I keep hearing.

Again, since you have not provided any positive proof of your true identity I am not able to go further except of what I have read from down south.

Once again, whats with this down south garbage?

1) Yes ................Yes he is dishonest?

2) Not that I have knowledge of, but any law enforcement officer of any large organization will be investigated at some time.

So True! So why do you pick on some? Ask your sheriff and he will tell you he was investigated, but cleared.

3) No

I think the media thinks otherwise.

4) No. Normal for small departments. Maybe.

5) No threats, I believe he enlisted their assistance with slanderous/ and liabalous posts.

I do not think so, If you check what goes on in other forums, this place is nothing compared to other places, Just check and you will see how ridiculous the Sheriff became other this stuff. Tell me what slanderous/ and liabalous posts? Tell him to stop whining!!

6) Only been two that I know of and they were dismissed, but no he does not hire officers of questionable character.

WOW!!!! Really......., how about Eddie Mathis that was fired for gambling on duty by the previous sheriff and DA did not want him? The reason this sheriff hired him and saved his butt was because he campaign heavy for the sheriff. How about deputies that have had a prior track record of quiting their jobs every year and bounce around department to department. Not illegal, but surely tells much of one's character, etc..

You did not answer this one honestly. The sheriff will not allow his former highway patrol I.A. records to become public. Also, he does not administer drug testing, or other testing for new employment, why? He hired Ray Bennett and thought he was the greatest and defends him to date, why? The background work here is a joke.

9) Since individuals work at the pleasure and discretion of the sheriff he can terminate whomever he wants. I understand, but is this ethically wrong when the sheriff will release an officer for a minor personality conflict, but allows others to resign that have committed a criminal act?

10) See number 9

This probably wasn’t the answers you wanted but u wanted honesty. Go quietly in the night, and have a good life. God Bless

You skirted the truth once again, but I expected that. You have been known to do this with friends and co-workers. You may have a clue to who I am, but I know for certain who you are and find it so dishonorable what you have become of yourself. Hey, if you can live with yourself, that is all that matters. Although somehow I know the day will come when you feel under appreciated again, and you quit, or stab another in the back. I for one do NOT have that character trait, or flaws. I may not be perfect, but will not do the things you have done onto others. I will honor my word and be gone for now. Unless you get bored in your sandbox and start attacking others again.

Later -

MOD -1, please leave this thread to the end of the month and delete it then. I will not be back, but I would like others to read the responses.

01-18-2008, 06:18 AM

No, not afraid of the written word, but you have shown to be ignorant in believing all that you read apparently. That is why I said leave it out. Your ignorance of the judicial system lacks considerably. You are very naive in that department, possibly because you have lacked true police experience in larger cities. Your exposure is limited to small towns, or traffic.

Your 1 – 4: Since you have remained behind the cloak of anonymity I can not provide you an adequate answer to those questions. You ask that I show you the proof that you are associated with drug dealers. Drug dealers come in all sizes and shapes. You have the common street variety and then you have those that are of the professional variety such as doctors who over prescribe. If you had been a super vice cop like the Miami kind (you know Crockett and Tubbs) then of course you would have rubbed shoulders with them every day, or if you availed yourself of the services of the doctors mentioned above then you have been connected. Since you hide behind the cloak then I am not able to accurately say who you rub shoulders with.

Well, you have eluded that you seem to know who I am. Once again, you make assertions to Miami Vice, why do you do that? I think you keep eluding to Ed, correct? You post on other forums and tell people its Ed the disgruntled one every time a negative post arrives, why?

As far as Mary, and Mitch no one ever stated they were involved in drug dealing or having connection with drug dealers.

I should have been clear on this one, why did you attack Mitch i& Mary in the past about Mitch always quiting his jobs every year, and that Mary and her deputies were causing problems here?

Ed says that he was unrighteously treated at another time and place.

That is true and he was totally cleared, so why do people attack him here, and why does the sheriff show such hatred towards him? Why does the sheriff spread false information about Ed? You said it yourself, anyone can get investigated working for a department, so whats the beef with Ed, other than he stood up to the sheriff on right and wrong issues? Furthermore, he was responsible for taking down a corrupt deputy sheriff under Lovin. Might that be the true reasons. Plus he show most the deputies up in his abilities? I think a little jealous by some is what I keep hearing.

Again, since you have not provided any positive proof of your true identity I am not able to go further except of what I have read from down south.

Once again, whats with this down south garbage?

1) Yes ................Yes he is dishonest?

2) Not that I have knowledge of, but any law enforcement officer of any large organization will be investigated at some time.

So True! So why do you pick on some? Ask your sheriff and he will tell you he was investigated, but cleared.

3) No

I think the media thinks otherwise.

4) No. Normal for small departments. Maybe.

I do not think so, If you check what goes on in other forums, this place is nothing compared to other places, Just check and you will see how ridiculous the Sheriff became other this stuff. Tell me what slanderous/ and liabalous posts? Tell him to stop whining!!

WOW!!!! Really......., how about Eddie Mathis that was fired for gambling on duty by the previous sheriff and DA did not want him? The reason this sheriff hired him and saved his butt was because he campaign heavy for the sheriff. How about deputies that have had a prior track record of quiting their jobs every year and bounce around department to department. Not illegal, but surely tells much of one's character, etc..

You did not answer this one honestly. The sheriff will not allow his former highway patrol I.A. records to become public. Also, he does not administer drug testing, or other testing for new employment, why? He hired Ray Bennett and thought he was the greatest and defends him to date, why? The background work here is a joke.

9) Since individuals work at the pleasure and discretion of the sheriff he can terminate whomever he wants. I understand, but is this ethically wrong when the sheriff will release an officer for a minor personality conflict, but allows others to resign that have committed a criminal act?

10) See number 9

You skirted the truth once again, but I expected that. You have been known to do this with friends and co-workers. You may have a clue to who I am, but I know for certain who you are and find it so dishonorable what you have become of yourself. Hey, if you can live with yourself, that is all that matters. Although somehow I know the day will come when you feel under appreciated again, and you quit, or stab another in the back. I for one do NOT have that character trait, or flaws. I may not be perfect, but will not do the things you have done onto others. I will honor my word and be gone for now. Unless you get bored in your sandbox and start attacking others again.

Later -

MOD -1, please leave this thread to the end of the month and delete it then. I will not be back, but I would like others to read the responses.

01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
You wanted the truth but as always can not accept it for what it is. Lies and suppositions were what you wanted and I will not give it. You insinuate that I am dishonorable you have nothing to base that on.

If you are gone, go in peace. Let this board return to what it was supposed to be and that of a place for exchange of ideas between law enforcement folks instead of a breading ground for contempt. God Bless my friend and smooth sailing wherever you go.

01-18-2008, 12:52 PM
You wanted the truth but as always can not accept it for what it is. Lies and suppositions were what you wanted and I will not give it. You insinuate that I am dishonorable you have nothing to base that on.

If you are gone, go in peace. Let this board return to what it was supposed to be and that of a place for exchange of ideas between law enforcement folks instead of a breading ground for contempt. God Bless my friend and smooth sailing wherever you go.

You did not answer his questions the second time, but you had the last word looks like. He seems to have beaten you at your own game and exposed who you really are 424. To bad we lost a really good person and a real agent of truth! You are the one who plays both sides of the fence and never have been an honorable person. You trash other people in your daily talks with others, but here you pretend to be righteous. We have not forgotten how you trashed Lovin and Tom's names when you were at MPD. Some know your real side and what you did to undermine others. How you bad mouthed your once partner and now you do it here.

01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Nice trick with the postings and misquoting. You copy and paste all too poorly, the purpose of a quote is to get the exact response not what you want it to be. I hope that in some way you are able to get over your issues.

If you have applied to this department and went through the entire hiring process then you are required to take a drug test, since it is a requirement of the hiring process? Check with standards and training which I am sure you have their address.

Your protest against posting involving certain people. It is amazing to me that all these posts come from the same sets of addresses even when you attempt to veil you identity.

I am not going to get into the Ed issue you try to lure us into. If you are not Ed then he has some real reason to inquire into why you bring his name and others to the table. If from what I say you infer that I am talking of Ed that is your prerogative but I will not give credence to that issue.

Could it be that you or someone close to you was in with the previous sheriff. It would seem that you are attempting to slander a deputy by putting remarks that can not be substantiated unless you had conversations with the previous sheriff. If so and he unjustly terminated Mr. Mathis for something he was not tried and convicted of I am sure Mr. Mathis would love to address the issue. This is what I am talking about liableous and slanderous postings. You post this garbage without any proof, unless you are the proof and then you have to come public to make it known but you never will.

As far as internal affairs records I give you this. Make the first step. Open yours if you have one. If you are from a department that has such an animal, and you have been out there doing your job, I can bet you claims were made against you that you feel were unjustified. Be careful what you wish for.

Your response to number 9 and 10 would lead us to believe that you feel you were terminated because of a minor personality conflict, at least that is what I infer from your post is that you have personal knowledge, but inferences can be misjudged and because I can not judge without being judged I will leave that to the higher authority.

The last word will come on judgment day. Like the old song goes, "are your garments spotless, are they white as snow, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?" I can tell you that I hold to that hope for tomorrow for without it I am as lost as any other person. I hope this does not incense I only offer it as some real good advice. God Bless.

01-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Nice trick with the postings and misquoting. You copy and paste all too poorly, the purpose of a quote is to get the exact response not what you want it to be. I hope that in some way you are able to get over your issues.

1) Once again you make assertions that are not true. Get over what issue, the fact you are causing trouble here? I have arrived at one conclusion: You have been baiting us in hopes to identify one individual and the same has gone both ways. You lack the answers to many of our questions, which tells us that you are not really from here, or you simply refuse to answer the questions because it reveals truth. I hope the readers can see the pattern evolving. Thus, it tells me two things, you are one of the moderators, or a deputy attempting put it off as a moderator. If you are a moderator, shame on you! You have NO dog in this battle, but you have been persuaded by inaccurate information as to whom the bad guys really are. If you are not the moderator and you believe in this sheriff, you have served your leader poorly! If you are one of the moderators and you somehow feel by serving the sheriff you will receive perks someday when you visit here, well, I have a surprise for you, not only will they lie to you and you will one day see the truth, but you will later be known for the one who fought for this sheriff and caused others headache needlessly.

If you have applied to this department and went through the entire hiring process then you are required to take a drug test, since it is a requirement of the hiring process? Check with standards and training which I am sure you have their address.

2) What we have said is random drug testing after hiring and psychological and polygraph testing. This does not exist. Furthermore, since there is no union, or anything else, the sheriff runs the department through fear. This is what makes me believe you are not from the department, or you would not make such outrageous statements.

Your protest against posting involving certain people. It is amazing to me that all these posts come from the same sets of addresses even when you attempt to veil you identity.

3) This is your best one yet! SAME SET OF ADDRESSES..WOW! Does this infer you are a Moderator? Only the Moderator is supposed to know that, right? Well, I will let you in on a little secret, this group has many users using the same proxy server to post, therefore it will have the same address. You do understand that?

I am not going to get into the Ed issue you try to lure us into. If you are not Ed then he has some real reason to inquire into why you bring his name and others to the table. If from what I say you infer that I am talking of Ed that is your prerogative but I will not give credence to that issue.

4) We say this about Ed because he has been a messenger of truth everywhere he has ever worked! He has always had the courage unlike others to stand for WHAT IS RIGHT, and help the weak and others being taken advantage of. If true, its very honorable! Can you say the same for yourself? Lets put it this way, many blame Ed for all messages negative in nature, because the angle is to destroy the messenger's creditability. But, lets assume for one minute that he is correct and maybe you are attacking the wrong person, than what have you done in the eye's of your Lord? Would you not hate to one day have a revelation that you have been attacking the wrong person! I can not even fathom the thought of that being a possibility, or being in your shoes if true. Do you want to really risk that possibility?

Could it be that you or someone close to you was in with the previous sheriff. It would seem that you are attempting to slander a deputy by putting remarks that can not be substantiated unless you had conversations with the previous sheriff.

5) Ahh, another mistake! You say that there is NO proof...Ahh. Okay, well, would a newspaper article for The Cherokee Scout, August 2001 tell the story of this officer who was fired? That the DA had a "NO confidence statement" to make about the officer. Would this be proof if true? How about an audio tape to the 911 center where the officer makes incriminating statements about his activities? How about this officer going before the county commissioners begging for his job back and being told they had NO say in the matter. This is all documented and true, but somehow we forget and forgive this without consequence. How about the two officers that committed criminals acts and were allowed to resign, do you want proof? Do we need to post articles to make our case, or do you concur? You see these are not assumptions, they're true and the readers now have something to validate.

If so and he unjustly terminated Mr. Mathis for something he was not tried and convicted of I am sure Mr. Mathis would love to address the issue.

He should, but the fact is it happen!

This is what I am talking about libelous and slanderous postings.

Its only libelous and slanderous if NOT true. Do you really think we would make such a comment without proof. You can ask the DA's office, they know this to be true.

You post this garbage without any proof, unless you are the proof and then you have to come public to make it known but you never will. AHH, nice try. There is just no way to get you to see what's going on here, amazing!

As far as internal affairs records I give you this. Make the first step. Open yours if you have one. If you are from a department that has such an animal, and you have been out there doing your job, I can bet you claims were made against you that you feel were unjustified. Be careful what you wish for.

First, I am not the sheriff, or running for office, or sheriff. The question here is about the integrity of our leaders, not a messenger's past. You attempt make us equals, but we are not!

Your response to number 9 and 10 would lead us to believe that you feel you were terminated because of a minor personality conflict, at least that is what I infer from your post is that you have personal knowledge, but inferences can be misjudged and because I can not judge without being judged I will leave that to the higher authority.

NO, what was said is that he was terminated unjust and for doing his job. I can say that because I was there and had first had knowledge of the situation. You only know what you have been told.

The last word will come on judgment day. Like the old song goes, "are your garments spotless, are they white as snow, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?" I can tell you that I hold to that hope for tomorrow for without it I am as lost as any other person. I hope this does not incense I only offer it as some real good advice. God Bless.

I agree with the above and once again, would it not turn your stomach someday to know that you have been attacking a massager of God and not one of God's enemies? Lets assume for one minute, that you have been possibly misinformed and have acted on that information inappropriately to attack those whom are righteous in truth, what does that say of you. What damage have you done then? I sleep comfortably, do you?

01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
More later but I want to know since you have thrown out the newspaper thing again as your sole source of truth should we start that war again? Would you like to see the news articles or can we just chalk those up as one persons view and not necessarily the truth but what they were told? Please answer that one for me. As far as newspapers I read them and only believe what I can ferret out. However, there are items that I am sure we can find under public record law. You post that it is strictly to expose the leader but you have attacked many of the department and maligned the integrity of the officers there. What else are we supposed to believe but this is an attack to remove the leader and as many as can be to set up a new kingdom with a leader that will listen to those that put him/her into power. Hmmmm.

On the other cyber crap that you want us to believe check out the electronic privacy laws and the exceptions that allow certain persons to gain access to your "proxy" and find the untold story but believe what you want.

I thought you were going to let it lay? I really believed that you wanted this to return to what the owners wanted it to be a place for exchange of honest information to assist law enforcement to do a better job. Have a Blessed Day.

01-18-2008, 05:18 PM
More later but I want to know since you have thrown out the newspaper thing again as your sole source of truth should we start that war again? Would you like to see the news articles or can we just chalk those up as one persons view and not necessarily the truth but what they were told? Please answer that one for me.

I agree with your assessment of newspaper articles, but you are the one who attacked one of our former deputies for his past "down south", and you post garbage about the associations with drug traffickers which were unsubstantiated allegations, why? Your sheriff does the same and tells others falsehoods based on newspaper articles, why? Public records are not the same here as in other places, therefore not fair play, do you not agree? Mr. Lovin's background is not open for examination, true? In fact under North Carolina Law, all public employee personnel records are not open for public review. Is this not fundamentally wrong? Therefore, we are left to the newspaper and first hand knowledge of the events here.

As far as newspapers I read them and only believe what I can ferret out.

Maybe you can with some, but so far you have made grave mistakes and assertions grasshopper? Let me ask you this, do you believe everything that is reduced to writing on the internet, police reports, or intelligence reports? Do you ever assume that that information is subjective and may have hidden agendas? You seem to live in a world where your abilities to discern truth from reality is limited. I think the reason for this is your limited exposure in the world. Did you believe in WMD'S as a reason for WAR?. Did you believe the information the secretary of State was given by the CIA director? Do you believe the government is honest in all there dealings? That is why we have watchdog groups and people who are the true guardians of truth.

However, there are items that I am sure we can find under public record law. You post that it is strictly to expose the leader but you have attacked many of the department and maligned the integrity of the officers there.

No, only to exposed truth. There are many good officers here and there are still a few rotten apples.

What else are we supposed to believe but this is an attack to remove the leader and as many as can be to set up a new kingdom with a leader that will listen to those that put him/her into power. Hmmmm.

No we would like a Kingdom of integrity and a leader with moral principles. One who does what is right across the board and does not use selective enforcement. A place where people can speak freely, not fear their leaders. Why is it no deputy here will post their name to anything like in other forums, or departments? WHY?

On the other cyber crap that you want us to believe check out the electronic privacy laws and the exceptions that allow certain persons to gain access to your "proxy" and find the untold story but believe what you want. Not sure what you mean by this, can you please elaborate? Here is a good reference for you http://www.eff.org/

I thought you were going to let it lay? I really believed that you wanted this to return to what the owners wanted it to be a place for exchange of honest information to assist law enforcement to do a better job. Have a Blessed Day.

There you go again with "Perceived Honesty". This is why we have this debate, for others to make their own conclusions. This is actually a healthy debate. Just remember something you said, just like Mr. Mathis's case, why do you not apply the same fair play in other people cases? Accusations are always made and have underlining motivations at times. You were the first to strike with the assertions of the "Miami Vice" crap and you still today make inferences to people from the south.

Do me a favor and read some of the other forums and look at how they go after the administrations for unfair play, or they expose abuse of power. Do you see any of those posts being deleted, NO! So why here make a difference, because its NORTH CAROLINA? Is there a double standard for North Carolina? No, its because the sheriff is more obsessed about what is said about him online than doing his job.

I want the readers to notice one thing, we break-down all your posts and answer each sentence, or paragraph individually, but you seem to skip over some questions that are not convenient for you to answer. Hum...

I will write again when my MDT gets near another hotspot.

01-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I SAY NOTHING BUT THE THRUTH!!!! :oops: ROFLMAO :lol:

01-19-2008, 12:31 PM
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!! IT WAS A CODE RED!

NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN, PLEASE HONOR THE TRUCE!

THANK YOU

GOD BLESS

01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I have read the posts and never replied because it didn't concern me. Now it does. You speak of my husband so now I will reply. What you are saying is true. He was fired from the Sheriff's office under a former sheriff. He did something he shouldn't have and the consequences were termination. He paid the price for it 6 years ago. He learned his lesson and has moved on. He was fortunate to get back into law enforcement. My husband is a good officer. He takes pride in his job. We as a family have moved on from this and hope that everyone else involved can also.

01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
It’s very honorable that his wife will come to his defense, and I respect that very much! Although, I ask you this question Mrs. Mathis, is it fair that your husband received preferential treatment as apposed to other officers? One officer in particular came to your husband’s defense when he was terminated and even stuck up for him before the DA to allow him to be hired at Wal-Mart in Loss Prevention, under the objection of the district Loss prevention supervisor and the DA. Do you remember that gesture of good will towards your husband? Later this same officer worked with your husband as a SERT partner. Later when this officer was gunned down by the sheriff for his conflict with the ex-chief deputy, your husband failed him. Instead of going to bat for this deputy and helping him, he spoke negative about him. Subsequently, this lead to this deputy’s termination. Funny how justice and ethics work, and today’s rule of immoral conduct guide us as a people today. While most of us go to church we allow these injustices to go on, why? Many of us live a double standard way of life. We do not practice what we preach, and so I ask what principles do we pass down to our children today? The attacks here on officers are not just, but when you have a sheriff that lacks moral principle and does not apply discipline fair across the board, its then unfortunate that it brings your husband’s case into light as an example of how this sheriff will hire those that have used poor judgment in the past, and how he treats others differently for their poor judgment years more than 6 years ago.

Mrs. Mathis, a poster here elluded to another poster of making false assertions and allegations of “Untruths about your husbandâ€

01-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I will not copy and paste the paragraphs but will address the issues you so imply.

In your first paragraph you want us to believe that only one officer ever came to the defense of others. That this officer is a true purveyor of the truth. I ask you this “where was this officer when employees of the previous administration thrown by the wayside?” The employees were trustworthy, capable, and hardworking. They however didn't fit into the mold of the previous administration and the click that ran it. At that time, did the purveyor of truth, justice, and the American way come forward and defend them as someone (maybe even him since the details are so vivid) is defending him now? No he instead stood idly by and waited for his opportunity to "join the click."

You post of how other officers were not hired by the present Sheriff (big difference between being fired and not being hired by newly elected sheriff). I ask you this what was their moral and political compass during the election? Were they true and steadfast to the Sheriff, or did they display public their disdain toward a man that was running for office? Check with John Q Public and I believe you will find that they were very vocal and outspoken on who should be the Sheriff which by the way is not the present administration. Others on here have mentioned the whistle blower act but you can not use that tool if you have burnt your bridges showing you will be disloyal to the soon elected official during an election, case law upholds that, go look it up.

Your final assertion is that anyone that is loyal to the present sheriff and does their job will be dismissed. Where do you get your power and might? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you and others are paving the way for a puppet dictatorship that will be run by the select few. Give it a break! You attacked a good officer, one that is human just like you and me. One that has made a mistake or two which you have to admit as well as I have done so also. Forgiveness is given as we dispense it. You do not forgive but only want vindication for where you feel you have been wronged.

All the way along we have been led to believe that there is so much corruption in the Sheriff's Department of Cherokee County. When each issue has been addressed it comes back that the Sheriff is corrupt. No substantiative evidence has been offered and no investigations are being undertaken by federal or state investigators. Are we to believe that the Sheriff has so power and pull that even the FBI and SBI will quake and leave him alone? When you look at it the underlying theme tends to be that there are a few disgruntled former employees who have a minuscule backing of individuals who believe they are the only ones that know how to provide law enforcement. Why have they left their former lives if they are so passionate about law enforcement? Maybe they were burnt out, maybe they just want to live on their retirements and make more money like they claim the Sheriff and his Chief Deputy are supposedly doing.

One thing I can say is all this fighting is doing nothing to solve crime issues in Cherokee County. Elections allow people to elect their government. If you feel that this administration is so corrupt I suggest you vote and remove them from office if you really have such a large following. Of course you say you informing the public. What is happening is the public are laughing at all this nonsense. We should be enlisting the public to find solutions to the drug problems and crime that oppresses the county. We need to find infrastructure that would keep our youth here so that we can have a future and not watch this county die.

I hope that you find what you need in your heart to stop the attacks. God Bless

01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I will respond one last time to your paragraphs as follows:

Q) In your first paragraph you want us to believe that only one officer ever came to the defense of others. That this officer is a true purveyor of the truth. I ask you this where was this officer when employees of the previous administration thrown by the wayside? The employees were trustworthy, capable, and hardworking. They however didn't fit into the mold of the previous administration and the click that ran it.

A) The click today is much more sinister. There will always be clicks. The officer had no influence at the time to make a difference and was not even in the picture. I am not certain whom you allude to as the officer you make the assertions towards.

Q) At that time, did the purveyor of truth, justice, and the American way come forward and defend them as someone (maybe even him since the details are so vivid) is defending him now? No he instead stood idly by and waited for his opportunity to "join the click."

A) Not true! But once again you make that assertion as being truth in your own reality.

Q) You post of how other officers were not hired by the present Sheriff (big difference between being fired and not being hired by newly elected sheriff).

A) No, this sheriff fired good officers and hired previously fired officers from other administrations, or agencies. If you want to break it all down, I can make a list of all current deputies and where they came from and why they left where they were before.
A truce was already in place and you now attempt defend a system with problems. Therefore, you back us into a corner to bring forward information that will once again not be pleasant. Maybe you are working with us by creating this front and causing us to bring the information forward. You facts and assertions are so incorrect, that it makes us very suspicious as what your true intentions are. We shall not be baited.

Q) I ask you this what was their moral and political compass during the election?

A) It was to vote for the best man with the most integrity, simple!

Q) Were they true and steadfast to the Sheriff, or did they display public their disdain toward a man that was running for office? Check with John Q Public and I believe you will find that they were very vocal and outspoken on who should be the Sheriff, which by the way is not the present administration.

A) Maybe so, but it’s America and if you are fearful of voicing your thoughts, and not speaking because you can lose your job, what does that say about our system. Yes, the Whistle Blower’s Act allow for what you said, but is it right and moral? You see you always make inferences to law and the rules of law, or the laws of man. Others govern themselves with God’s law, and his moral enlightenment of right and wrong. That is where you are going wrong.

Q) Others on here have mentioned the whistle blower act but you can not use that tool if you have burnt your bridges showing you will be disloyal to the soon elected official during an election, case law upholds that, go look it up.

A) Yes, man’s law. So what?

Q) Your final assertion is that anyone that is loyal to the present sheriff and does their job will be dismissed.

A) No, what was said is anyone that is loyal to king, being sheriff Keith Lovin, will not lose their jobs. The question is what does the king offer in return for good loyalty?

Q) Where do you get your power and might? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you and others are paving the way for a puppet dictatorship that will be run by the select few.

A) No, opposite, we have a dictatorship in place now, and we would like otherwise.

Q) Give it a break! You attacked a good officer, one that is human just like you and me. One that has made a mistake or two which you have to admit as well as I have done so also.

A)True, but you were the one that continued to make assertions that OUR assertions of fact were untrue, and lies. It took the officer’s wife to come forward and honor her husband. Although you instead of honoring the truce, you continue to attack and stir the pot. Therefore, your intentions are very suspect, or you truly serve your king poorly.

Q) Forgiveness is given as we dispense it. You do not forgive but only want vindication for where you feel you have been wronged.

A) You know very well there are better ways of dispensing forgiveness and you could have handled things differently with ones that have been wronged.

Q) All the way along we have been led to believe that there is so much corruption in the Sheriff's Department of Cherokee County.

A) There is not great corruption, just dishonest men whom lack integrity in their word and work. No one has said here that there is drug dealing, or anything else by deputies. What is being said is that the king abuses his position of power. His deeds need to be exposed for what they are. Only people can vote him out, correct. Only an informed public can make an informed vote. Everything the King wants to be suppressed from this point out will be exposed before the election.

Q) When each issue has been addressed it comes back that the Sheriff is corrupt.

A) No, just that he lacks integrity and honorable principles.

Q) No substantiative evidence has been offered and no investigations are being undertaken by federal or state investigators.

A) Why because its not in the newspaper, or you are unaware of it? You see, you make assertions that the people can see for themselves that you pretend to have this alleged crystal ball, or that you are the only properly informed person.

Q)Are we to believe that the Sheriff has so power and pull that even the FBI and SBI will quake and leave him alone?

A) No, and only time will tell. Listen, the mere fact that the King knows he has to be accountable to the public and that some are watching very closely makes him more accountable.

Q) When you look at it the underlying theme tends to be that there are a few disgruntled former employees who have a minuscule backing of individuals who believe they are the only ones that know how to provide law enforcement. Why have they left their former lives if they are so passionate about law enforcement? Maybe they were burnt out, maybe they just want to live on their retirements and make more money like they claim the Sheriff and his Chief Deputy are supposedly doing.

A) Very convoluted statement. No, many are here for a better way of life and they wanted to embrace the people of this county. Unfortunately, many of us have been turned away, or have gone elsewhere. The old Cherokee County Crime Commission that were always there volunteering to give advice, make suggestions, obtain grant money to help the sheriff, how were they treated? Most if not all left this county when Lovin took office. The first step Lovin did was to remove any volunteers from the sheriff’s office. Many other officers, from other agencies have come here from the outside to offer equipment and other items and the sheriff’s department has refused their offerings. Maybe they are to proud, or maybe they simply do not want to have any influence that is not of the King’s.

Q) One thing I can say is all this fighting is doing nothing to solve crime issues in Cherokee County.

A) This one makes me laugh. If you for one minute think that this forum is somehow stopping progress, you are one lame and ignorant person. This forum should and has no effect on the daily operational duties of the sheriff’s department. The mere fact that you are here everyday posting and stirring the issues, makes it suspect. And, if anyone is guilty its you!

Q) Elections allow people to elect their government. If you feel that this administration is so corrupt I suggest you vote and remove them from office if you really have such a large following.

A) Yes, that is the true American way to remove someone from office. Our following is not large by any means, and only time will tell what the people want. Change is overdue here. This Sheriff’s will not be remembered as a great leader and an honorable man. I hope he enjoys his ride fro now and his new office in the near future. If the King and his right hand man earn a second retirement that will be something the people of Cherokee County will have to determine for themselves.

Q) Of course you say you informing the public. What is happening is the public are laughing at all this nonsense. We should be enlisting the public to find solutions to the drug problems and crime that oppresses the county. We need to find infrastructure that would keep our youth here so that we can have a future and not watch this county die.

A) What about our own shortcomings as citizens? How much of what is wrong with our county reflects what a substantial number of our citizens want from those they elect? Caring enough to be informed and vote, but for some, it means caring enough to run for office or help someone else’s campaign. In the end, the stature of our county will be more a reflection of its people than its leaders.

Q) I hope that you find what you need in your heart to stop the attacks. God Bless

A) Seek the word of God, and the truth will reveal itself. You will then read what I write will a sound moral compass and you will not stir the issues. Honor the truce and please do not respond.

God Bless

01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
True, why so many come here and leave after a few years. Because its not worth the fight, or effort to fight the culture. Its best to just start over elsewhere where life is more conducive with common sense and in touch with reality.

01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Amen!

01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Of course the perspective we favor is that which puts us in the best light. You use the "scare" tactic that you will post about other deputies and where they came from. Wouldn't be a wise decision for liable and slander reasons.

You said you wanted a truce but so far all you want is the last word. You asked me to answer honestly. You have written your honesty and I have written mine. Let it lay dude. There is way too much fun with the Jeff and Jack saga on another post. Now that is a drama in the making.

God Bless Brother and Sisters or whichever you may be. Let the truce take place we still have two years ok?

01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Sounds Good!

01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
DIOGENESE THE MONKEY, what happen to your truce????????????