PDA

View Full Version : RESPONSE TO SUPERVISOR LETTER

01-17-2008, 11:11 AM
TO: Plant City Police Department

To Whom it may concern,

After further consideration and reasearch into the effectiveness of collective bargaining and in light of the current affairs here in the Plant City Police Department,
I______________, respectfully request to keep my signed blue card active and ask that the vote be held very soon. I sincerely wish for the Florida Police Benevolent Association to repersent me in matters pertaining to collective bargaining and help make this a fair and better agency. The blue card should be kept and please let the vote be soon.

Thank you for your time and assistance in matter.

Sincerely,

Signature: ROCK THE VOTE

Printed Name: ROCK THE VOTE

Don't be fooled, stay strong and stick together, they feel the pressure and are getting desperate. There is power in our numbers.

01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Helm, we just don't understand you.

01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Don't let coercion make your decision. Stand up, stick together, and let's go forward. The vote is coming. If you are being coerced it is critical that you notify the PBA.

01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Bad guess try again JC!

01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Bard, we just don't understand you.

Kocab, we just don't understand you.

01-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't let coercion make your decision. Stand up, stick together, and let's go forward. The vote is coming. If you are being coerced it is critical that you notify the PBA.

8) I second that, if you are experiencing some form of coercion about the Union, please, as soon as possible notify the PBA :!: That is illegal and unacceptable on the people who are trying to coerce individuals not to vote. The vote will come and everyone will have a say in the vote.

Heres the sig 14 if you need to contact the PBA: (813)225-1300, www.wcfpba.org (http://www.wcfpba.org), 412 E. Madison St. Suite 1102 Tampa, FL 33602

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND ROCK THE VOTE...........

01-21-2008, 02:24 AM
You guys will soon realize that there is no collective bargianing. Everything will be taken away. You will then have to bargian for everything back. And guess what, the city doesn't have to bargian because there is no collective bargianing in the state of Florida. You will see.

01-21-2008, 06:58 AM
You guys will soon realize that there is no collective bargianing. Everything will be taken away. You will then have to bargian for everything back. And guess what, the city doesn't have to bargian because there is no collective bargianing in the state of Florida. You will see.

Guest 3250, we will never know what happens if we don't try it and see.

01-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Guest 3250, we will never know what happens if we don't try it and see.[/quote]

I understand where you guys are coming from. I know you want change. Change is good. Everyone can agree with that. The answer to change does not come from union representation. PCPD has come a long way. Most of you guys don't remember how it used to be. Your agency is well known to have the latest greatest toys. Nothing I can say will convince you young guys that the union is not the way to go. I know you will try. That's fine too. The bottom line is this:

If the union comes in, everything is off the table. The City looks at this like a business. They do not want an outsider coming in and telling them how to run their business. Wether this is wrong or right, that is the way it is. They will do everything they can do within the law to make sure that you guys are miserable at work until the union is voted out. Are you guys coming to work now miserable?
You will wonder why no more grants are applied for.
You will understand how it feels to drive your P.O.V. to work every day, and then climbing into a fleet unit that someone has eaten and smoked in all day.
You will wonder why there is no more O.T.
You will wonder why almost all of the Strawberry Festival O.T. is worked by Green and Whites.
All I can say is wait and see. You guys be careful and be safe.

An old friend.

01-22-2008, 01:48 AM
It appears that some of your members did not read this the first time I posted it so here it is again. Hopefully it will help them grow a sack and a brain. And to the idiot who posted that there is no Collective Bargaining in Florida, WTF. Guess someone should tell that to all the unions that are entrenched here. Good Luck guys.

I left PCPD over ten years ago and it appears that nothing has changed there since then other than a 20 and out, better equipment and a new building. The things you guys are complaining about are the same as they were back then. If they haven't changed yet then you guys need to try something new. Like a previous poster said, if a union cannot benefit you guys then why is your administration and the city against it? If you vote in the union your first contract is very simple because you basically ask for nothing. You lock in all of your current benefits, i.e. take home cars. If the city fights you on these items it appears that they are being punitive and it can easily be ruled in your favor through arbitration. You also do a comparitive pay study with similar size agencies around the state and asked for a raise which puts you between the median and high end of those salaries. If the city cries poor then the PBA has the attorneys and accountants on retainer who can see how the city is cooking its books. Ahhha :shock: ! Now you see why the city is against the union. The city does not want all of their finances brought out to light so they will glady give you a reasonable raise. And finally if they start to nit pick and write people up. You now have Union representation in discipline matters. Ahhhha :shock: ! Now you know why the Admin is against it. If there is no documented history of write ups or discipline for trivial matters, i.e. clean car, overdue for service, etc., as someone mentioned then guess what. They are being punitive because you voted in the union and through personnel and I.A. files it can be shown that there is no history pre Union of discipline for these violations. Like others have said it will not be easy but it is neccessary if you guys ever want a voice in the decisions which effect you and your family. Good Luck.

PBA For Life

01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Common sense and talking in the open does not meet the standards of coercion. Hinding your attempt to bring in the PBA is an act of a coward. Everyone can voice their option, it's the right we have as citizens, and the PBA can do nothing about it, even their threats. Contact your local ACLU office if the PBA is threatening you to keep you quite. If a vote comes, it won't pass. But, I doubt it will even get to that point.

STOMP THE VOTE!!!! GROW UP, KOCAB. Wrong again? Yeah Right.

8) I second that, if you are experiencing some form of coercion about the Union, please, as soon as possible notify the PBA :!: That is illegal and unacceptable on the people who are trying to coerce individuals not to vote. The vote will come and everyone will have a say in the vote.

Heres the sig 14 if you need to contact the PBA: (813)225-1300, www.wcfpba.org (http://www.wcfpba.org), 412 E. Madison St. Suite 1102 Tampa, FL 33602

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND ROCK THE VOTE...........

01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
You chose to leave so stay away. "Nothing has changed there since you left other than 20 and out, better equipment and a new building" (and better pay). Your statement contradicts its self.

It appears that some of your members did not read this the first time I posted it so here it is again. Hopefully it will help them grow a sack and a brain. And to the idiot who posted that there is no Collective Bargaining in Florida, WTF. Guess someone should tell that to all the unions that are entrenched here. Good Luck guys.

I left PCPD over ten years ago and it appears that nothing has changed there since then other than a 20 and out, better equipment and a new building. The things you guys are complaining about are the same as they were back then. If they haven't changed yet then you guys need to try something new. Like a previous poster said, if a union cannot benefit you guys then why is your administration and the city against it? If you vote in the union your first contract is very simple because you basically ask for nothing. You lock in all of your current benefits, i.e. take home cars. If the city fights you on these items it appears that they are being punitive and it can easily be ruled in your favor through arbitration. You also do a comparitive pay study with similar size agencies around the state and asked for a raise which puts you between the median and high end of those salaries. If the city cries poor then the PBA has the attorneys and accountants on retainer who can see how the city is cooking its books. Ahhha :shock: ! Now you see why the city is against the union. The city does not want all of their finances brought out to light so they will glady give you a reasonable raise. And finally if they start to nit pick and write people up. You now have Union representation in discipline matters. Ahhhha :shock: ! Now you know why the Admin is against it. If there is no documented history of write ups or discipline for trivial matters, i.e. clean car, overdue for service, etc., as someone mentioned then guess what. They are being punitive because you voted in the union and through personnel and I.A. files it can be shown that there is no history pre Union of discipline for these violations. Like others have said it will not be easy but it is neccessary if you guys ever want a voice in the decisions which effect you and your family. Good Luck.

PBA For Life

01-25-2008, 04:23 AM
His statement speaks the truth. I was on PCPD for many years and left recently (I'm not Salerno). Chief uses the same methods of coercion he used years ago. Anyone who has been here any length of time has seen many officers terminated, ran off, or disciplined unfairly. We have lost some very good officers. Chief has improved the standards of the department over Surrency, but in many ways he is just like him. If you don't believe it, wait until you get on his bad side. If the union can only force Billy to use use discipline fairly, then you are ahead of the game.

You chose to leave so stay away. "Nothing has changed there since you left other than 20 and out, better equipment and a new building" (and better pay). Your statement contradicts its self.

PBA For Life

01-25-2008, 01:42 PM
If the union comes in, everything is off the table. The City looks at this like a business. They do not want an outsider coming in and telling them how to run their business. Wether this is wrong or right, that is the way it is. They will do everything they can do within the law to make sure that you guys are miserable at work until the union is voted out. Are you guys coming to work now miserable?
You will understand how it feels to drive your P.O.V. to work every day, and then climbing into a fleet unit that someone has eaten and smoked in all day.
You will wonder why almost all of the Strawberry Festival O.T. is worked by Green and Whites.
Speaking from Hillsborough SO, those same scare tactics were used here too a few years ago when we turned in our blue cards. NONE of them came to fruition. We did not lose our cars, we did not start at nothing like Cal said it would. In fact we got a step plan in place and fixed years of pay compression issues in our first contract.

Sure we have had our share of problems stemming from voting the wrong people onto the board. Yes there is a push to decertify by a few that can't stand that they are treated equally and want the good ol' boy system back.

That brings me back to my next point. I'm sure by now you all know who your next chief is going to be, right? He is the epitome of the "good ol' boy". If this is the direction you want your department to go, by all means don't unionize. If you want a fair and equitable workplace, install you union now and get it up and running.

Good luck, be safe, and support each other no matter what your viewpoint on this subject may be.

01-25-2008, 11:14 PM
What I don't understand, is why the heavy pushers of the union are so scared to openly include officers they either do not know the position of, or know might be against the union, to their secret little meetings. If they are so confident the union is going to be the saving grace of this department, they would be trying to get EVERYBODY on board, right? Instead, they are scared that another officer might make a valid point in opposition of the union that might change someones mind. I know I personally, have yet to been informed of even ONE of these meetings. I have never vocalized my position either way, so I guess it is just assumed I would be against it. (That would be a good assumption!) The point is, you have your little "Union Click" going and you are not acting in the best interest of all officers and their families - just the ones you are certain you can con or bully into thinking this would be a good idea.

01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
What I don't understand, is why the heavy pushers of the union are so scared to openly include officers they either do not know the position of, or know might be against the union, to their secret little meetings. If they are so confident the union is going to be the saving grace of this department, they would be trying to get EVERYBODY on board, right? Instead, they are scared that another officer might make a valid point in opposition of the union that might change someones mind. I know I personally, have yet to been informed of even ONE of these meetings. I have never vocalized my position either way, so I guess it is just assumed I would be against it. (That would be a good assumption!) The point is, you have your little "Union Click" going and you are not acting in the best interest of all officers and their families - just the ones you are certain you can con or bully into thinking this would be a good idea.

Just curious, I am just curious as to you not seeing the meeting times that was posted on LEO AFFAIRS a while back? Also Union type stuff can not be talked about at work, but I bet you know that to. I am also curious as to what tpye of research you have done on your part. There is a video that was made that can enlighten you on Union affairs or maybe answer some questions for you, but will you take the time to sit down and watch it. That has also been posted in this forum. So instead of bashing, why don't you educate yourself. You also talk about bullies and coning people, well there are a few people in this department that have coerced some other people...i.e. trying to get them to sign this meaningless letter about retracting a blue card and other people that who stood in roll call bashing the Union, while they are an independent member of the PBA. A vote will happen and you will have a say, so hang tight and stayed focused and ROCK THE VOTE........

01-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Just curious, what type of valid point do you have in opposition to the Union coming in. I have not heard one valid point yet as to why we should not vote the Union in? Please, by all means, give PCPD a valid point, since you obviously know all the answers! :lol:

01-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Amen Just curious. You speak the truth. It is like a clandestine fight club.

"Sure we have had our share of problems stemming from voting the wrong people onto the board. Yes there is a push to decertify by a few that can't stand that they are treated equally and want the good ol' boy system back."

I spoke with an HCSO Deputy just today. I can tell you that he is not a good ole boy. Far from it. He has been on for a little more then a year. He told me that the uniosn is nothing but trouble, and the talk is that it is going to be voted out soon. We'll see huh?

01-27-2008, 05:02 AM
You just answered your own question. He has been there a little over a year. Talk to a deputy who was there during the Henderson years. Sheriffs always had the authority to fire anyone and did not have to give a reason (like Plant City). Any time a new Sheriff came in, there was a turnover due to terminations. With a union, it is more difficult.

"Sure we have had our share of problems stemming from voting the wrong people onto the board. Yes there is a push to decertify by a few that can't stand that they are treated equally and want the good ol' boy system back."

I spoke with an HCSO Deputy just today. I can tell you that he is not a good ole boy. Far from it. He has been on for a little more then a year. He told me that the uniosn is nothing but trouble, and the talk is that it is going to be voted out soon. We'll see huh?

01-27-2008, 09:31 PM
You just answered your own question. He has been there a little over a year. Talk to a deputy who was there during the Henderson years. Sheriffs always had the authority to fire anyone and did not have to give a reason (like Plant City). Any time a new Sheriff came in, there was a turnover due to terminations. With a union, it is more difficult.

YES, FINALLY someone speaks the truth. Leo2 keep talking :devil: I have spoke to numerous deputies who are for the Union and what it has done for HCSO.

01-29-2008, 04:32 AM
THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between a LARGE Sheriffs dept and PCPD. When was the last time a CHIEF at PCPD fired someone for doing NOTHING ???

01-29-2008, 05:54 AM
Obviously you never worked here. Surrency needed very little reason other than you pissed him off. Billy has terminated officers for very questionable reasons while retaining others (even promoting them) for things they should have been fired for.
Bottom line is, Plant City has it in their charter that they are able to terminate an employee for no other reason than "for the good of the city". We have had officers terminated with no other reason given than this, some officers have fought this in court without success.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between a LARGE Sheriffs dept and PCPD. When was the last time a CHIEF at PCPD fired someone for doing NOTHING ???

01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Do you think that the union will change something that has been upheld all the way to the florida supreme court? If so you are kidding yourself. The union gives you absolutly no more job security (maybe less) than you have now.

01-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I will repeat some info I previously posted. I was there during two administrations. The union can change things.

1. The union can negotiate with the city to remove the at will clause, Plant City is only one of two cities in Florida with this in it's constitution. There are very few recent court cases on this. You stated it went up to the Florida Supreme Court, please advise the last time this occurred.

2. The union has attorneys who can defend you. The primary reason officers from this agency have failed to prevail is a lack of funds to pay for their court defense. If you have been here any length of time, you have probably noticed the city is tight with it's money for raises, but is willing to spend large amounts of money to defend any of it's practices in court.

3. You currently have NO JOB SECURITY. The city manager will authorize your termination based on whatever Billy tells him. If it doesn't fit neatly under a crime or an SOP, it's "for the good of the city". Based on your statement, the attitude should be "Don't worry, be happy"

Do you think that the union will change something that has been upheld all the way to the florida supreme court? If so you are kidding yourself. The union gives you absolutly no more job security (maybe less) than you have now.

01-31-2008, 05:18 AM
Obviously you never worked here. Surrency needed very little reason other than you pissed him off. Billy has terminated officers for very questionable reasons while retaining others (even promoting them) for things they should have been fired for.
Bottom line is, Plant City has it in their charter that they are able to terminate an employee for no other reason than "for the good of the city". We have had officers terminated with no other reason given than this, some officers have fought this in court without success.

I DID WORK FOR SURRENCY....I was NOT a fan of his by NO MEANS I NEVER knew him to FIRE anyone...THE CAPT WOULD place you on latewatch AND skip YOUR WEEKENDS ENOUGH SAID. Also worked for Billy and he's done so much compared to the last ADMIN.... I DON'T THINK YOU WORKED FOR SURRENCY AND WHAT ALL THE OLD GUYS WENT THROUGH!!!! BY THE WAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT QUIT GRIPING AND LEAVE OR WILL ANYBODY HIRE YOU????

01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
You just proved you never worked here under Surrency. We had a number of officers show up for their shift only to be met at the door, equipment confiscated, and terminated. If you want to go way back, a number of the current officers who are retiring (id 125 to 139) owe their jobs to Surrency terminating a number of officers for things like living too far outside city limits etc (occurrred just after a union vote). Then you have tainted IAs that resulted in ones like Joey Wiggins terminated 4 days after a complaint of he said/she said where it was impossible under the conditions to determine the truth.
Based on the fact you lied about this part, it is very possible you never worked here period.

[quote="Big Dept":2ltolcta]THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between a LARGE Sheriffs dept and PCPD. When was the last time a CHIEF at PCPD fired someone for doing NOTHING ???

I DID WORK FOR SURRENCY....I was NOT a fan of his by NO MEANS I NEVER knew him to FIRE anyone...THE CAPT WOULD place you on latewatch AND skip YOUR WEEKENDS ENOUGH SAID. Also worked for Billy and he's done so much compared to the last ADMIN.... I DON'T THINK YOU WORKED FOR SURRENCY AND WHAT ALL THE OLD GUYS WENT THROUGH!!!! BY THE WAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT QUIT GRIPING AND LEAVE OR WILL ANYBODY HIRE YOU????[/quote:2ltolcta]

01-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Just curious, what type of valid point do you have in opposition to the Union coming in. I have not heard one valid point yet as to why we should not vote the Union in? Please, by all means, give PCPD a valid point, since you obviously know all the answers! :lol: Plant City PD does not need a union the Chief takes care of our needs, he just needs some help with his staff. A union is not needed, this is a valid point. Don't want it waste of time.

01-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep partner...Billy takes care of all your needs until you get on his bad side. I can only guess that u r one of those that could or should have been fired more than once but Billy took care of u for one reason or another. I think he takes care of some for two reasons: (1) He can hold it over their heads later as the need arises and make you feel fortunate that he hung onto u instead of firin ya and (2) He uses it to keep them there.

Yep cuz throwin garbage letters of reprimand and IA(s) into folks records makes them look bad when they try to get hired anywhere else...So...Yall good ole boys just keep on singin Billy's praises about how much better he is than the previous "chief" just as long as you're not on his bad list and are snuggled up real nice like between the cheeks of his buttocks....careful he don't turn too quick without signallin yall first...u he might break that nose of yorn...

01-31-2008, 10:10 PM
How many crashes in PCPD/City vehicles has the Chief been in ....say, oh i don't know.....the last year and a half or so? Did he get a letter in his jacket for at least two at-fault accidents? Did he take away his take home car....did he consider firing himself?

02-01-2008, 01:31 AM
To Former pcpd leo OBVIOUSLY YOUR ID NUMBER IS IN THE HIGH 200'S because your info is way off....NOBODY WAS EVER met at the door and equipment confiscated. IF YOU KNOW SOOO MUCH GIVE NAMES OR ID'S THAT WE'RE FIRED you've already busted out one officer. As far as the officer you brought to the forefront.....DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CASE??? Do YOU know what was ALLEGEDLY TAKEN and FROM WHAT BALL PLAYER ? WHO ALL WAS INVOLVED ? I feel for that ofc' and his family but it didn't stop him from being a major player in the business world.

02-01-2008, 05:50 AM
You young guys don't have a clue what it was like working for Surrency. The current Chief has improved that department Ten fold. During the old administration, Surrency wouldn't even make use of grants. His reasoning was that he didn't want to have to owe anything to anyone. How many of you older guys remember wearing that God foresaken cowboy hat or that light blue uniform and santa claus belt. The current chief made sure all of that went away so that the young officers of today don't have to get out of their unit looking like rent-a-cops. We used to get wrote up for not having that hat. Thanks Sims. What an A-hole he was. The current chief shared the same sentiments and made him Sergeant of "Stuff." How many of you guys remember him sitting in the supply room as Sergeant in charge of stuff? That was McDaniel sparing you guys from his constant B.S.
How about the radio card? If you didn't have it at roll call you were written up.
How about the tiny little hamerless stainless revolvers we were issued because Surrency thought it was a good idea? Chief McDaniel also eliminated that. I could go on, but it wouldn't really do any good. Forgive my ranting. It was kind of fun going down memory lane. I may do it again.

P.S. Wiggins shouldn't have taken that batting helmet. He was a great cop, but people make mistakes.

You guys be safe.

02-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Try above 114 and below 179. And my info is absolutely correct. I was on duty at least once when it happened (Cpt Watson and Lt Rupp met the officer). It did occur other times too. An officer would be working on a shift and the next, he was gone. I believe one of the officers on another shift said this happened with Dean Combs as well. I'm not saying every ofc who was terminated didn't deserve it, some had it coming, others did not. Some just pissed off Surrency and since then, Billy.

As for Joey Wiggins, he stated the son of the baseball team's coach gave him the batting helmet. He was stopped by the equipment mgr before he left the stadium (Cincinnatti Reds were having spring practice, officers used to work practices and games for extra duty) and Sgt Orzechowski was contacted. The coach immediately put his son on a plane and sent him home. The IA was conducted by contacting the son by phone. They would not bring him back for a polygraph and there were no independent witnesses. He was terminated 4 days after the initial incident (how am I doing?) It took awhile for Joey to recover, but he did and has done great since then. All of the officers working with Joey never believed he took that helmet, that it was exactly as he stated, the batting kid gave it to him. Because the city was in such a rush to appease the Cincinatti Reds, it ruined a good officers carrer. This is an example of AT WILL CLAUSE.
FYI, I'm not positive, but I think Billy was conducting IAs back then.
To Big Dept or anyone who says a union won't help anything, Joey Wiggins was considered a major Golden Boy back then. We have had a number of them since, and a number of them ended up being terminated or drove off after they ended up on the bad side of Billy.

To Former pcpd leo OBVIOUSLY YOUR ID NUMBER IS IN THE HIGH 200'S because your info is way off....NOBODY WAS EVER met at the door and equipment confiscated. IF YOU KNOW SOOO MUCH GIVE NAMES OR ID'S THAT WE'RE FIRED you've already busted out one officer. As far as the officer you brought to the forefront.....DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CASE??? Do YOU know what was ALLEGEDLY TAKEN and FROM WHAT BALL PLAYER ? WHO ALL WAS INVOLVED ? I feel for that ofc' and his family but it didn't stop him from being a major player in the business world.

02-01-2008, 06:30 AM
Try above id 114 (see if you know who that is, hint: former spouse still works there) and below 179 (see: federal investigations)

I was on duty for one of the times, I believe it was Cpt Watson and Sgt Rupp who met the officer. There were other times as well, an officer would be on a shift one day, the next you were told he was terminated.
I'm not positive, but I believe Dean Combs was one of them.
In the 90s, we were averaging a loss of at least 10 officers a year. This was when the department strength was close to half of what it is now.
As for Joey Wiggins, he was working extra duty at the Cincinatti Reds stadium during practice. He stated a batting boy, the son of the Cincinnatti Reds coach, gave him a batting helmet. When Joey was leaving the stadium, he was stopped by the equipment manager who demanded a supervisor. Rick Orzechowski responded. The Cincinnatti Reds coach immediately put his son on a plane and sent him out of state. His testimony was taken via phone. There were no independent witnesses. There was nothing to prove the helmet was not given to him. He was terminated 4 days after the incident occurred to appease the Cincinnatti Reds (how am I doing so far?). The officers who worked with Joey never believed he took it. Regarding Joey's comeback, you're right. He did not get a fair shake, but he bounced back and is in much better shape than he would have been if he stayed with PCPD.

Now, I showed mine, you show yours. Here's a question, if you pissed off Surrency, what did he show you under his desk blotter?

Next, If the dept's vehicles became damaged, what body shop did we use and which relative had a stake in it?

02-01-2008, 12:50 PM
[quote="Guest 007":v4srioox]Just curious, what type of valid point do you have in opposition to the Union coming in. I have not heard one valid point yet as to why we should not vote the Union in? Please, by all means, give PCPD a valid point, since you obviously know all the answers! :lol: Plant City PD does not need a union the Chief takes care of our needs, he just needs some help with his staff. A union is not needed, this is a valid point. Don't want it waste of time.[/quote:v4srioox]

I say again, do we have any more vaild points to not vote the Union in, other than "Chief needs help with his staffing." Guest 11 have you done your research on how Unions work? Or do you just have tainted knowledge about a Union? How is it a waste of time, please tell me. I am very curious to know.

02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
dear,blastfromgetoverthepast
why are you still whining about a retired Sgt. who was only following orders from above by making oyu follow the rules the chief initiated. yeah Billiy may have made him Sgt. over stuff, and that stuff started the Motor unit.

02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
[quote="guest 11":1a1whab6][quote="Guest 007":1a1whab6]Just curious, what type of valid point do you have in opposition to the Union coming in. I have not heard one valid point yet as to why we should not vote the Union in? Please, by all means, give PCPD a valid point, since you obviously know all the answers! :lol: Plant City PD does not need a union the Chief takes care of our needs, he just needs some help with his staff. A union is not needed, this is a valid point. Don't want it waste of time.[/quote:1a1whab6]

I say again, do we have any more vaild points to not vote the Union in, other than "Chief needs help with his staffing." Guest 11 have you done your research on how Unions work? Or do you just have tainted knowledge about a Union? How is it a waste of time, please tell me. I am very curious to know.[/quote:1a1whab6] Surrency is gone he did some good things and not so good, past is the past. There is a good future at PCPD, the Chief does care about the employees and Plant City. We sometimes forget about the culture and the citizen needs. Why in the world would a union benefit a dept. that has a Chief that is a leader and is always trying to get the best for the dept. He does need some staff leaders that would be a plus. Hillsborough County SO needs a union they have a sheriff thats OK (nice guy) but his staff is not good for the dept. Therefore they need a union to take care of the deputies and their families.

02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
It appears you are making apologies for the way Billy is running the dept. Billy is the Chief, he sets the goals and standards of the dept and ensures they are met. He meets with his staff on a regular basis and they do inform him about issues concerning the officers and department. When he isn't informed, it is also due to Billy. He is well known to be rude and chew out various supervisors during their meetings. I've known Billy for many years and as many bad things you can say about him, dumb or naive are not among. Billy has been Chief over 10 years and many of the problems/complaints remain the same. Billy has been informed many times about the various issues and chose not to take care of them, even minor ones which would not cost anything.

[quote="Guest 007":31ayxhn3][quote="guest 11":31ayxhn3][quote="Guest 007":31ayxhn3]Just curious, what type of valid point do you have in opposition to the Union coming in. I have not heard one valid point yet as to why we should not vote the Union in? Please, by all means, give PCPD a valid point, since you obviously know all the answers! :lol: Plant City PD does not need a union the Chief takes care of our needs, he just needs some help with his staff. A union is not needed, this is a valid point. Don't want it waste of time.[/quote:31ayxhn3]

I say again, do we have any more vaild points to not vote the Union in, other than "Chief needs help with his staffing." Guest 11 have you done your research on how Unions work? Or do you just have tainted knowledge about a Union? How is it a waste of time, please tell me. I am very curious to know.[/quote:31ayxhn3] Surrency is gone he did some good things and not so good, past is the past. There is a good future at PCPD, the Chief does care about the employees and Plant City. We sometimes forget about the culture and the citizen needs. Why in the world would a union benefit a dept. that has a Chief that is a leader and is always trying to get the best for the dept. He does need some staff leaders that would be a plus. Hillsborough County SO needs a union they have a sheriff thats OK (nice guy) but his staff is not good for the dept. Therefore they need a union to take care of the deputies and their families.[/quote:31ayxhn3]

08-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I can't believe this, why don't you people go get an education and get a real job. Then you won't have to complain all the time. I think you should start walking beats in the hood if you really want to stop the drugs and crime...Get you asses out of your cars and meet the street. straight up with the price of gas the cars should be parked and those of you who know how will be on bike and the rest on foot...Only emergency responses will be allowed to gas it up....This is coming from a commissioner I spoke to and it makes good sense...When you are standing on the corner the crack heads are not....So let's stop complaining about the pay and start being grateful for the a/c and soft seats....It can get a lot worse and probably will if Hussein Obama Bin Ladin gets elected....my suggestion is to pray more and say less. thank you for your service

08-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Guess,
I don't know why you even replied to a topic that was from six months ago, but since you did. I will reply back to you.

You and the alleged "city commisioner" you spoke with have a great idea. Lets put all the officers on foot or on bikes in the drug areas. Then we won't have to answer all the stupid barking dog complaints in your neighborhood since its "emergency response" only. If we do get an emergency call are the officers supposed to then walk several miles back to the station in order to respond to the emergency?

You have no idea what you are talking about and it is obvious. We do have educations and we do have a real job (one that risks our lives on occasion). What do you have? I suggest you are the one that needs to pray more and pray for us as we risk our lives to protect yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-10-2008, 07:10 AM
[quote="guess"]I can't believe this, why don't you people go get an education and get a real job. Then you won't have to complain all the time. I think you should start walking beats in the hood if you really want to stop the drugs and crime...Get you asses out of your cars and meet the street. straight up with the price of gas the cars should be parked and those of you who know how will be on bike and the rest on foot...Only emergency responses will be allowed to gas it up....This is coming from a commissioner I spoke to and it makes good sense...When you are standing on the corner the crack heads are not....So let's stop complaining about the pay and start being grateful for the a/c and soft seats....It can get a lot worse and probably will if Hussein Obama Bin Ladin gets elected....my suggestion is to pray more and say less. thank you for your service[/quote

OK A$$ wipe, one day when someone points a gun in your face and demands your $10 bill and AARP discount card from your wallet or purse, do not hold your breath on the Po Po because they are in the hood with bicycles.

08-10-2008, 06:03 PM
But just think about it guys... He has such a good point. I could stay in a the hood all night and not deal with the stupid bullshit that he calls us with such as my neighbors music is too loud, I saw a dog run down the street and it looked viscious, My neighbor just won't stop looking at me while I get my mail, all the other bullshit complaints we take. Sir, you are a dumbass....

08-11-2008, 02:11 AM
THE CHIEF TAKES CARE OF HIS OFFICERS.......WHAT A CROCK...YOU GUYS NEED SOME TYPE OF REPRESENTATION. IF YOU DO NOT THINK THAT THE UNION CAN HELP YOU, WHY DONT YOU ASK THE FIREMAN THAT THE CITY WAS GONNA FIRE A FEW YEARS AGO BECAUSE HE WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND NEEDING FIRING HOWEVER THE CITY WAS AFRAID OF THE UNION AND WHAT PROBLEMS THEY MIGHT CAUSE. THIS IS A FACT, INFO CAME FROM A PAST RETIRED FIREMAN. THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MINUTE, IF THE UNION OR SOME OTHER TYPE OF REPRESENTATION WILL NOT HELP YOU THEN WHY IS THE CITY SO AGAINST IT. ITS MAKES SENSE TO ME THAT IF ITS NOT GONNA HELP YOU THEN WHY DOES THE CITY CARE, ITS YOUR MONEY SPEND IT HOW YOU PLEASE. ITS OK FOR THEM TO SEEK LEGAL ADVICE AND HAVE LAWYERS REPRESENT THEM BUT YOU CANT DO THE SAME, IS THAT FAIR? .....WHY DONT SOMEONE ASK THE CHIEF HOW HIS MEETING WITH THE CITY MANAGER WENT THE OTHER DAY OVER ASKING FOR MORE PAY FOR THE OFFICERS IN ORDER TO RETAIN THEM?? I THINK THE CITY MIGHT BE WISING UP TO THE FACT THAT MONEY IS NOT THE ANSWER BUT RATHER LEADERSHIP. YOU COULD NOT PAY ME ENOUGH TO WORK FOR BILLY, ON THE OTHER HAND IDE RATHER MAKE LESS MONEY AND WORK FOR A LEADER THAT REALLY CARES FOR HIS OFFICERS. THE CURRENT CITY MANAGER WILL RETIRE SOON AND BILLY THINKS HE WILL GET IT, HES BEEN HANGING AT CITY HALL ALOT LATELY, HASENT ANYONE NOTICED, HE THINKS HE CAN SNOWBALL THE COMMISSION SINCE ALL OF THEM RUN THE CITY ON A PART TIME BASIS AND HAS NO IDEA WHAT REALLY GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENE. HE WAS TOLD BY A COMMISSIONER THAT IF WANTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION THAT THE UNION HAD BETTER NOT COME IN. THATS WHY EVERY TIME IT COMES UP HE HAS WAYS OF FINDING THE SOURCE AND FIRES THEM FOR SOME LAME REASON. IT WOULD BE FUNNY TO SEE THAT BACKFIRE ON HIM AND HE LOOSE HIS JOB.....YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE FEDERAL INVESTIGATION OF YEARS PAST WOULD HAVE CALMED HIM DOWN A LITTLE BECAUSE HE MISSED PROSECUTION BY THE SKIN OF HIS TEETH, BUT IT SEEMED TO MAKE HIM MORE AROGANT.....STICK WITH THE UNION THIS TIME AND VOTE IT IN, THE CITY WILL GET OVER IT, AND A NEW COMMISSION WILL BE VOTED IN EVERY FEW YEARS AND SOON IT WILL BE A WAY OF LIFE JUST LIKE THE FIRE DEPARTMENTS SITUATION.

08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Guest 3250, we will never know what happens if we don't try it and see.

I understand where you guys are coming from. I know you want change. Change is good. Everyone can agree with that. The answer to change does not come from union representation. PCPD has come a long way. Most of you guys don't remember how it used to be. Your agency is well known to have the latest greatest toys. Nothing I can say will convince you young guys that the union is not the way to go. I know you will try. That's fine too. The bottom line is this:

An old friend.[/quote]

This is what they allways say when union comes in, so vote the union into PCPD. The upper brass is on there way out on retirement
and they don't care what happen to you guys. You guys are all you have.Stay Safe and think big.

08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Greg Horn you have been out too long. Just because you eat breakfast with the chief every chance you get ,so you can live a little of Plant City Police work. You can listen to the rumor he has to tell you. You need to remember there is three side to every story the chief's, the guys and somewhere in the middle you will find the truth. Your reason for the chief action is bias and you really shouldn't be on the this site. After all you were fired from the department for having sex on duty with a domestic violence victim in Walden Lakes on the Polo field.......

08-15-2008, 01:33 AM
be careful in case you get on billys bad side...but for now as long as you got your head up billys ass be sure and ask him just what position is comfortable for him...since he kept his head up surrencys ass he should have plenty of experience. one time at the old pd i heard surrency getting on billy in the hallway saying""billy i dont mind walking around with your head up my ass but please pay attention when i stop walking and stop walking yourself as my hemorrhoids are inflamed"" :devil:

08-15-2008, 06:07 PM
This is once again Comedy Central at it's finest!!!!You guys ought to take it on the road to a Police Dept near you........This Great. Next on Stage is.....