PDA

View Full Version : Polk Sheriff Candidate on line

01-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Hello to all, I have been montering leoaffaires for a while, I'm ready to answer your questions, their have been many topics and I know you want answers, I may not have all the answers, but I will try to answer what I can.
Frist off it has been mentioned that all ideas don't work in every sheriff's office, the ideas I have brought foward are from several police and sheriff's agencys, and some personal expiereances. I see huge growth potential with in the Polk Sheriff's office, I have heard several great ideas from several deputies in person and from this site, yet it goes on deaf ears in administration. Yet every time I come on this site and see a comment about me I'm called a goof or what an idiot. And thoes that have gone on to my web site have made impropper comments, yet I have had alot more positive comments that have easily out weighed the negitive, to thoes thank you, you have helped me from not giving up on this campaign. I know that their are a lot of deputies that no matter what Judd says or does they will still love him, ok I don't have a problem with that, but most of you stated that you want change, ok lets talk about it.

01-17-2008, 01:47 AM
First of all, let us discuss your word usage and spelling abilities on a publicly accessed web site. I will list them if you have any doubts of the point I am trying to make:

montering, leoaffaires, Frist, agencys, expiereances, with in, thoes, impropper, negitive, and thoes.

Why don't we talk about if we want someone who can't spell to run a very large agency with a 120+ million dollar budget?

This is a very professional organization which has its share of problems not exclusive of PCSO or any agency of our size. Show me an agency with 1700+ employees with few problems and where everyone agrees with every decision. When you find it, I want to work there. For now and the next 17 years, PCSO is where I will be.

01-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Agreed "Guest" ... To "M L" .. an opinion is formed about you immediately from your writing skills. Like I used to tell my trainees, the SAO, attorneys, judges, the public, other officers and detectives, will all form an opinion about you without having met you from your written word (investigative reports, etc). If you write like a second grader, people are going to assume you have the intelligence of a second grader. Get it?

01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
amen! let me tell you, i want to hear from a guy who cant spell worth a $hit. and i REALLY want him to be in charge of my place of employment. M L--did you know they came out with this amazing technology that now allows you to SPELL CHECK what you write. maybe you should consider taking an english class at PCC or something, or maybe even a computer course that teaches you about all the wonderful advancements that have been made. then come back and try again. i know you probably think we are a bunch of @$$holes but we are just being honest. its only constructive critisism. its like they say "if you cant take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!"

01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok I get it. As I was typing I went to preview I found my typos I tried to go back to use spell check, it went to post instead, sorry lets move forward.

01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you have a job at this point? because if you do, i wonder what they are saying about your continued visitation of this site from work...are you doing your work?

ooh, I have one more question, are you going to spend your day montering this site and blogging if you win the sheriff's seat?

please dont answer the above question it might just send your already pathetic campaign straight to h---.

01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
"ML" ... with all due respect ... save your money and your time! Sheriff Judd has the job for as long as he wants it and that's just a fact (and that's just fine with me). Don't even bother ...

03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
To Frank, yes I do have a job; I’m the owner of 2 corporations here in Lakeland. To your second question, when I oust Mr. Judd Nov 4th 08, Will I monitor this chat room, It has been mentioned throughout all the topics that you all know that the brass is watching, why would you care if I continue to read on, on a second note it has been said that there is an open door policy to talk to Mr. Judd, if this so, is the door sealed so shut that only the air can get in, if I make a mistake or do something wrong, I hope that you would come to me right their on the spot or shortly their after and without fear of retaliation to you. As a business owner I deal with fires all the time and some times I do screw up, but I know for a fact the men that I employ have corrected me and on many times had a better way of handling the issue, I rely on every one of them. Your third question states, where my campaign should go to,” H**L”. First off I believe in the First Amendment, not like big man many feathers, where about 16 deputies WERE fired when it was found out that they voted for the wrong candidate, you can say what you want, but believe it or not I’m finding more people that can’t stand him than love him, including current deputies, pastors, blacks, whites, Hispanics and seniors.

To YoMaMa: I understand your loyalty to Mr. Judd, but please explain why you are loyal?
I have heard several times that you deputies wanted a COLA raise or a raise that you could actually see, without using a magnifying glass to actually see it on your check. July 10, 07 the night I resigned as one of his YES men as an advisory council member, he stated very proudly that he gave back around seven million dollars back to the county commission, and NO raises were mentioned to the deputies, I also found out later that the brass received a substantial raise, and hired 16 new deputies, when the department needs about 40-50 per year to keep up with the growth of Polk Co, yet he stated that he can’t afford to hire any more. So please tell us all about your man Judd. Please read my response in NEWPOLKSHERIFF.com where I broke down the amount of deputies that seven million dollars could have hired, and several other ideas that were mentioned from fellow deputies that are in the know of the Polk Sheriff’s Office. And by the way murders are up 81%, and you still have the same amount of road deputies as 06 and 07, due you feel the pressure of all work yet. I will be hiring 30-40 new deputies beyond the deputies that retire or resign. As the ledger has stated several times Polk County’s growth has grown 24% in the past year, yet PCSO still has 850 road deputies. If you add at least 10%

03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
If you add at least 10% growth to the deputies this county should have 935.

03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Dear M.L.

1. Would you be willing to allow deputies to unionize?
2. Would you institute a fair and consistent promotional process? Possibly a written test requiring a passing score to move on to an independent assessment center staffed by law enforcement professionals from outside the agency? Would you allow the union to help formulate a promotional process?
3. What are your feelings on merging municipal departments with the Sheriff’s Office?
4. What are your plans for deputy’s salaries and benefits?
5. What are your feelings on off-duty work? Can the rate be raised? Can off-duty be paid in our regular pay checks and count towards our salaries raising our final average compensation like some other departments do now (Palm Beach S.O.)?

03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Dear ML,

How would you do the upper staff?... on the patrol aspect alone, we have four captains for four districts, two majors for each district and one chief. This excludes the amount of Captains and Majors and Chiefs that we have for Investigations, Specialty Units and Detention.

It feels as if the upper staff is very top heavy therefore weaking the amount that we have on patrol. We have a Law Enforcement Captain over communications. That captain is getting paid what the District Captains make. I feel that we have too many overpaid positions that would help increase the amount of patrol. We went from working with 16+ deputies on a shift and we're now happy when we have 6 to work with.

How do you think you would do, considering that you work in a private type business compared to a public government?

If a debate was set up with you and Sheriff Judd, would you attend?

I like Sheriff Judd, I have no problems or qualms with him. I do have certain issues with a certain Chief and his 'tactics' of inferiority.

But with Sheriff Judd, I can do my job to the best of my ability, which he tries to provide us with the best equipment possible (Okay, Impalas were a booboo) He pays me for doing something I love, however, I can work for any sheriff who lets me do my job and lets me have the best possible training and equipment and be happy. But I feel we are just too top heavy as it is.

03-05-2008, 02:07 AM
To guest 1: Posted 03/04/08 16:44:18 Union, I have mixed feelings, when I trained with the Broward Sheriff’s Office many of deputies wanted to unionize; and now they hate it. I understand that LPD is now union, for the most part it seems to be working for them, remember union does not affect the sheriff only the way they are treated. On my staff is an old member that was a former Lt for the PCSO from a few years back, he and I have discussed bringing in union reps and talking about it. On a personal note when I needed the PBA and the FOP for advice they bailed on me, so that is my personal reason why I don’t care for the unions.

2nd. A fair promotional process. Please visit my web site I believe that I stated that I will have an independent council similar to what is established but far more advanced. These people will come from all groups of people and they will vote on hire, fire, and discipline issues, I agree with Sheriff Wells as I spoke to him several years ago, when he stated that he has very little authority in the above, I will seek advise from the surrounding police chiefs and other LEOs to help on specialty areas of concern. If the deputies decide on union, if there is an advocate to help in this area, that’s fine by me.

3 rd merging of departments. I’m not a fan of this at all. I know the personal TLC that an independent PD can provide, but I do know the advantages of having a single area of dispatch for the whole county. If there is an issue of a possible take over, then I would like to see the fowling. 1st if the police chief is having on going problems I will go to the chief and ask how can I help by beefing up your out side boarders. 2nd will the city contract extra deputies to get the city under control in a short period of time. 3rd if this is the final resort upon request from their city commission discuss options, AND I will insist that the city votes on this and not let the city government decide for them. Also I believe that the chief of police WILL maintain his job but will wear a green uniform and comply with the SOPs of the SO, and not be demoted back to road deputy as in Fort Mead, what an insult to this chief; this was a total slap in the face to this chief. When I get elected he will have his job back and any lost wages do him. I swear to it.

4th deputies salaries, this is an easy one, first off Huey, Louie and Dewy, and Spankie, that’s three chiefs and Barney fife the want a be under sheriff. I have no need for them so the first raise, if I figured correctly is about 1 million in salaries; this money goes to EVERY deputy. Second the TV news crew and cameras for Polk 24/7 GONE, this money also goes to you. Do you smell what I’m talking about? What PGTV is not good enough for Polk County, I have seen many of their programs I think they do a great job of educating Polk County. Another person on my advisor staff that is still employed by the SO is also a financial advisor and according to him things could be a whole lot better with your benefits, and I’m still looking into more ideas.

5th off duty pay, I have no problem in working off duty and using the county gas for this reason. I haven’t heard what you’re getting as a S-15s. BSO gets 30 per hour but the deputy only gets $27.50 of it, is this correct for you? I have heard several ideas of how your pay should be handled, usually it is a separate check from within the agency, and should this be added in to your yearly salary? Your off duty is a part time job, what if you decide to give up this detail should I deduct this pay from your salary. Another area I have heard about, that reserve deputies shouldn’t be working these details instead of reporting in for duty as their were hired for, details are for full time deputies, and only if there is details left over should they have any.

03-05-2008, 05:35 AM
M.L.

Thank you; while I do not agree with all of your ideas, I do respect your answering them on this open forum. Also I have seen that others have bashed you about your spelling and grammar, while I am sure that this is mostly due to typing errors and no reflection on your actual ability to spell, might I suggest typing your posts out in Word, spell checking them and then cutting and pasting to the message board.

Good luck.

03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
To Guest #2 Upper ranks in the districts sub stations. You’re absolutely correct way too many chefs and not enough braves. The only ideas that I know about is the way BSO is run in their 11 district commands. When a captain is promoted they are in charge of a district, and then 1 Lt is their 2nd in command, then of course Sgt’s per their 8-10 deputies per 8 hour shifts. All Majors and above are in the ivory tower, and let me emphasize that the BSO only has 2-3 Majors for all 6300 deputies.

I can’t answer you question about the upper ranks salaries yet, I’m currently looking into how many deputies their are above Sgt, and their salaries compared to SOs around Polk, and compare with agencies that have over 1000 deputies. Which there are very few. Another area that you did not mention is civilian salaries which in a lot of areas are greater than an starting deputies salary, I don’t believe any civilian should get paid more than a starting salary of a deputy which risks their life for a living every day.

Private business verses police management. Management is management, there are very few differences between them, and the main difference is the person upfront. I have always supported the men and woman that have worked for me. I have always promoted from with in before I hire from the out side.

Debates. Bring them on, believe me even I have questions that he needs to answer to the public that he is responsible to, crime up 81%, when was the last drug bust, Meth bust.
The only time you will see me on TV is when I UN cuff my deputies and let them do the job their were trained to do, I will publicly thank the deputies for this awesome raid that has been going on for the past decade, and the past Sheriff’s refused to get involved.

Your question about the best training and equipment possible. Ok training, do you know that central Fl is the highest for fallen officers than the rest of Fl.? What specialized training are you talking about? Ok equipment, do you mean the APS products, remember only the motor units have them, and by the way while I was in the police academy in 1993 FHP started using them and by 1995 the BSO had purchased several thousand of them. Why is the PCSO behind the technology by 13-15 years? When I take office you will laugh at what you had compared to what you will have and other plans I have for you.
Every deputy after the academy WILL be issued AR-15s with training, and along with current deputies, the day of the shot gun is coming to a close, the gang bangers have better weapons, so will you.

Impalas, a bad idea and I agree for several reasons. 1 their under powered. 2 getting in and out of them is difficult for tall and people over 200 + lbs. Even worse is the Dodge Chargers, love the power but if your over 5’ 9’’ it is very difficult to get into and out of. Now I have considered the new mustang for interstate pursuit. The doors are long and tall to get into and out of. And lot of engines to choose from.
I would prefer the Chevrolet Caprice my self I love an old fashioned 350.
But their gone for good, what a shame. Chevy’s Trail blazers and Tahoe’s are also a good choice. Reasons, 1, you can see over traffic ahead of you. 2 both vehicles have a good range of engines. Down side the trunk space is not secured.

03-06-2008, 02:22 AM
"Word" doesn't help when you use the wrong tense of a word. ML, just how do you plan on paying for all this in the day of property tax reform? How are you going to pay for Tahoes and Mustangs? Have you ever transported a prisoner in a Mustang?? How are you going to answer to the public when they see these gas guzzlers drinking their gas?

Guys and girls on this forum, please use the education that you have and make informed choices on the candidates. Surely you won't take these campaign promises seriously from a person with a limited law enforcement administration background. A lot of what ML speaks of is "hearsay" and rumor, he needs to substantiate his findings with facts and not base them on what he heard from his former LT friend who was probably fired or wishes he had his job back after retiring. If he is so sure of things he needs to name the LT for a credibility check.

ML, this is the wrong place to run a campaign because as you can see it is full of people that will play right into your negative hands. There are very educated people on here, and most of them likely chuckle when they read your "promises."

Good luck on the debate you were talking about, you'll need it.

03-06-2008, 01:19 PM
To guest, the idea of using Mustangs is to be used only on interstate traffic units, and yes I know that it would be hard to transport prisoners, yet you may have forgotten FHP used smaller Mustangs 5.0 with a five speed in the past with great success. The idea of using Trail blazers and Tahoe’s is being used through out the state with great success. To purchases a Mustang is about $4000.00 less that a Crown Vic, and Trail blazers are about $3000.00 less, I have not received a final price on a police package on a Tahoe yet. Remember these were just ideas, the deputies will decide on the future of their patrol cars. Now I’m curious you mentioned that how will I pay for all the gas guzzling cars, I under stand that on your days off you can use your patrol car any way you want and where ever you want, who pays for that gas. Mr. Judd is VERY generous in not charging you between $40.00-70.00 per month for the gas usage like several agencies across the state, and as you mentioned I don’t believe the tax payers even know nor have any clue on how much gas is consumed per month by off duty usage. And yet you accuse me on how will I pay for all the gas. A question for you, on your usage of your off duty car is their cover over your over head lights that state off duty or out of service, I have never seen one. How about as you’re driving down the road and you pass a senior citizens car that is broken down, and she is on the phone with here insurance trying to get a tow, do you stop and render aid or are your blinders on and keep on driving by, remember you are a public servant 24/7 on and off duty. I know for a fact there is a tremendous amount of over spending in the SO. And by the way I would like to assume that you liked the idea of the purchases of the AR-15s even though this will cost about $300.000, I didn’t here any complaints about that. And about the former Lt, at this time I can’t release his name and when I do, you will all know him. I have not made any promises for my campaign; remember my survey, those that responded to it had a tremendous influence on the way you want change.

03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
so... exactly how many of your little fliers have you had ripped up in your face?

Your thoughts seem alot like the Gov's when when he was running for his position, while talking about insurance rates in Florida. Once he was in office he realized he was not able to do what he wanted to do. I have a feeling you will be the same way.

03-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Actually No flyers were ripped up in my face, most of the people stated thank God some one is willing to stand up to him. You don’t seem to understand I have never worked for this PCSO, so I have nothing to fear from Judd. He can’t fire me he can’t demote me; he can only send his goons to my residence as he has already done and harass my 8 year old little girl, back in January 08. What he did’t know is I sent my son out the back door to get his car number, tag and a good picture of the deputy, two days later I ID him, I will take care of him later. Remember this slogan “Chaos panic and fear Sheriff Judd must be near”
The only way Judd can operate is by intimidation, well guess what, I was bullied all my life until I got into high school, when I got a little taller, a little stronger, and you what, the bullies got their butt kicked by me. They then left me alone, so I love the competition of this race, and always remember I believe in the 1st Amendment, if you speak your mind to Judd your FIRED, or if you VOTE a certain way, remember the 16-20 deputies that were FIRED in 04.

I have seen the governor’s ideas of the insurance issue, and I agree what a joke, remember I have made NO promises to any one. I have stated several ideas that several hundred LEOs through out the county that have visited my web site, that we are the good-ol-boys and even we want change, the system is no longer working.

A thought to ponder, remember the $7,000,000 that was given back to the county commission in 07, even if I spent half on needed supplies for my deputies, I would have still come under budget. So theirs money to purchase the much needed supplies and more deputies that this county is demanding.

Another thought to ponder, remember Judd has always been a cop, he has never owned a private business, where he is directly responsible to his employees, it is my job to provide work for my people even as bad as the economy has been, I care for them and their families and on several occasions I reached into my own pocket to give out money from MY personal account to cover payroll. So does this sound like the Governor? Or like Judd. Remember the county taxes have always put food on your table not mine. I’m not trying to be a politician; I’m just a hard working man who cares for the people that work hard for me. And remember this web site LEOAFFAIRES most of the message boards are filled with complaints and disgruntled people that are employed by Judd, if he was so great why is their need for this site at all, I don’t smell any roses yet, how about you.

03-07-2008, 12:07 AM
So now you are referring to Judd's employees as "goons?" Classy, real classy. Your Microsoft Word program still is not working and too bad you are relying on people on a message board to drive your campaign. If you look closer you will find they are the same people posting over and over. The vast majority of employees at PCSO are happy and we do not respect your presumptions that we are not. By the way, asking a question does not arise to an accusation.

Thanks,
A PCSO Goon

03-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Gawd!!! Has Dan Daniels risen from the dead???

03-07-2008, 01:53 AM
To guest, since you can’t use you’re on line name, you re correct, I should have said goon singular, believe I did not mean any thing derogatory by saying all of PCSO is this way. I have many good friends that work with you, only the W/M 6’ 2-3’’ and about 300+lb deputy, have the attitude of a goon. I mean what was the sense of this deputy yelling at an 8 year old over his car and scaring her by saying that her daddy might get hurt if he doesn’t give up the campaign. When I approached him HE cowardly got back in his car and took off, what would YOU call him?

03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Take your prozac

03-07-2008, 11:58 PM
To guest, since you can’t use you’re on line name, you re correct, I should have said goon singular, believe I did not mean any thing derogatory by saying all of PCSO is this way. I have many good friends that work with you, only the W/M 6’ 2-3’’ and about 300+lb deputy, have the attitude of a goon. I mean what was the sense of this deputy yelling at an 8 year old over his car and scaring her by saying that her daddy might get hurt if he doesn’t give up the campaign. When I approached him HE cowardly got back in his car and took off, what would YOU call him?

A future sergeant

03-08-2008, 12:40 AM
To ML,

I am a deputy for the agency you are trying to be in charge of and have been here what I think quite a while so I think I have a firm grasp of things.

I think youre actions are worth noting and I commend you for trying. However, I think with your last few statements you have made on here are discrediting you faster then you are probably wanting. The feelings you portray are coming out childish and vindictive. How can you blame Sheriff Judd for that deputy's actions? Are you going to blame me for his actions? Maybe he was acting on his own, granted if the story is correct, he went about it wrong and you have a valid complaint. But if you cannot confirm that Sheriff Judd 'put him up to it' please do not assume. Assumptions get people in trouble.

Anyways, your statements you have written here lately is not a boss I would want nor anyone I would elect from voting in my home owner's association to the President of the United States. I want a boss who is professional and knows this profession from its entirity (sic). He stands tall, proud, and confidant. I have worked days and nights, Sheriff Judd has been out during both times. He's always in uniform. He does help answer calls. Not many of his chiefs can do that. Could you do that if you were our Sheriff? Certainly not, you have to be sworn to carry a gun and badge with the knowledge that we as deputies have to have on the road. Would we put you through STEP to catch you up with law enforcement on how reports are written, etc?

I have gone to your website and you have brought up interesting facts. I commend you on that. I agree that Jail inmates should not have cable, many people in this day in age cannot afford cable or any extra commodities for them or their familes. But a lot of jail inmates do work as far as I know, as trustees and many work in and around the jail, working off time and maybe restitution. My knowledge of the jail is very limited but I'm sure if I ask anyone from the jail, they would give me an answer. Do I think we are top heavy.. yes. Do we focus more on education then experience to be placed in a supervisory position, yes. However, rules are rules and they are made for a reason. If you notice, no matter where in the world of business you go, they always press education over experience.

Also, you blame all this on Sheriff Judd, but he had bosses he has to go to, the County Commission. They ultimately tell him what he can spend and what he cant. Sheriff Crow asked for more money and stated he wouldnt ask for any deputies for how ever many years. He got the money and we didnt get deputies, so yes, we are behind with deputies but Sheriff Judd is slowly trying to gain more deputies. He can only get so many as the Commission lets him. And its going to get worse with tax cuts and etc.

You have stated that many people you have talked to have been arrested falsely. I'm going to range this, but probably 50-90% of all domestic violence cases are probably false, however, state law says we have to arrest whom we believe is the primary aggressor. Every Deputy you talk to will give you countless tales of times they've arrested someone and it was BS but we had to because they made an accusation or etc. Each deputy is only as good as they train.

I have no problems with Sheriff Judd, I believe he has done some great things. I may not always agree with things that trickle down the chain, but I do what I'm told. You have to have a level of rank and structure. Trust me, if this place was so bad, many people would bail, they have in the past. Back in mid to late 90s a LOT of deputies left and went to Hillsborough County and Lakeland. Maybe it was bad, maybe not. I know a lot had to do with pay then, but over the past few years both have gotten better.

People will complain, its in their nature. It can be the greatest place and people will STILL complain. He has to make almost 2000 people happy. He's done okay from what I think for the most part, can you?

I dont think you can. Everything youve written doesnt show me anything other then someone wanting to win and say nanny nanny boo boo IM SHERIFF.. I wish you luck in your endeavors, however, my vote will be with Sheriff Judd.

I apologize for such a very long statement, but I felt I was ready to make my statement. Again, I wish you luck, but I just dont think youll make it this time.

A hard working deputy

03-08-2008, 04:32 AM
ML,

I have spent twenty years reading people as an investigator. I have had many hours studying non-verbal indicators as well as phrasing and word use. As I read your post about one of the "Goon's" I went further to break down your selection of words. You are full of Sh!%..

Sheriff Judd 2008 for me!!!!!!!!

03-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I second that! From a lowly deputy sheriff goon:

GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY!

03-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey spec ops... this "candidate" seems to forget he's dealing with people that read behavior and analyze things to the nth degree on a daily basis. It is not hard to read through him and his desires is it? He mentioned Sheriff Jenne in Broward County being appointed with no law enforcement experience. What he failed to address was the legal trouble which ultimately led to Jenne's demise as sheriff. That is what happens when a non-law enforcement person becomes sheriff. They have no clue about the balance necessary to run a law enforcement agency as a business.

I too analyzed his previous post and other posts and have come to the conclusion he is full of crap also. He's pandering to the minority of the people who are always complaining about morale, regardless how good things are.

PCSO is a great place to be and I contribute that to Sheriff Judd, his staff, and the many great mentor deputies I have worked and battled with for many many years. PCSO has great talent and this candidate is diminishing that, he needs to reconsider his campaign plans.

03-08-2008, 06:06 PM
To all the guests, come on use your on line name I don’t know which guest to answer as each questions comes in. Why is everyone a GUEST?
Jenne resigned in September 2007 after agreeing to plead guilty to federal tax evasion and mail fraud charges after a corruption investigation uncovered crimes in his outside business dealings, federal prosecutors said. Jenne faced a possible grand jury indictment on more serious money laundering charges.
Jenne pleaded guilty to three counts of tax evasion and one count of mail fraud conspiracy and was sentenced to a year and a day in federal prison.[1]
Several of Jenne's long-term Democratic allies, including former Florida Attorney General Bob Butterworth and former Florida Senate President Jim Scott, pleaded for leniency.
A direct quote from the Sun Sentinel dated 9-07
When you slam a sheriff whom was arrested make sure you have all the facts, and when you get a chance, call any BSO Deputy and ask them all the corruption of stolen money that he found an eliminated with in the agency, yes and unfortunately he had some personal business issues, but this was outside of the sheriff’s office.
And about giving back the $7,000,000 you’re saying he could not hire more deputies then the normal 16, the county commissioners would allow, ok then why did he then ask for ½ of the money back after two months, OOOOPPS did he forget something, did accounting forget something. Did some one forget to check with all departments? Crime is only getting worse and Polk County has grown by 24% yet the SO still has 850 road deputies, even with 3.5 million I would have hired 10-15 additional, beyond the allowed 16.
As it states the sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer of their county, and yes every boss is responsible for their employees no matter what. What an employee does or says on or off duty reflects on their boss. I do not know if this deputy was acting alone or by request, no matter what I have shown the photos to several friends and attorneys, and they all state What a Jerk, and it did not surprise anyone of them that this would happen sooner or later.

03-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady!

03-17-2008, 10:31 PM
If you click on this "candidate's" web site it goes to an internet domain company's site which reads the site expired on March 16th. If a candidate cannot maintain the payment for his or her campaign web-site, do we really want him or her running a 120+ million dollar budget?

03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Due to March 16th was on a Sunday I had to wait until the next business day to renew the subscription I’m sorry for your disappointment that my web site was temporally of line, I only subscribed for six months, but due to the responses of those that have responded to my web site I have renewed it for an additional eight months. Curious about your comment about running a $120+ million dollar budget. I believe that the sheriff gave back $ 7 million back to the County Commission in 07, so does this mean that the PCSO can operate on $121 million based on a 0 based budget. Did you get your COLA or any significant raise in 07, the upper brass did.

03-19-2008, 12:45 PM
the pee--ons got a big 2% woooooooooohoooooooo

03-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Dear ML, You may really want the position of Sheriff in and for Polk County and I appreciate your efforts. With that said, you may have received lots of information on your web site and I'm sure youre pleased with that. However, If you have not noticed, as everyone else has, you have not received a vast amount of support on this web site. This web site is primarily for ACTIVE law enforcement officers. This is not your website or your platform to promote you election desires. I do not know how many deputies read this site, I do not work for PCSO (yet/hint hint) but the D/S that do respond on here are obviously quite happy with Sheriff Judd. If you can not see it, I'll tell you; you are not helping yourself or you desires by continuing to post on this web site. As I have stated, this site is for ACTIVE law enforcement officers. You do not fit into that catagory. And to be quite honest with you, Rudy Giuliani could not beat Sheriff Judd and Jesus may come in a close second. I realize its hard to accept defeat but, ML you need to find somewhere else to do your campaigning, this is not the appropiate forum for you do that.

Best Wishes and Good Luck, Again, I'm sorry, but I don't think you have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Thank you and good night

03-22-2008, 05:15 PM
M.L.,

If you did your homework (which, based on your postings you have not) you would know that the money was given back to the county in order to pay for the new public safety complex on SR 540 near Thornhill Rd. This facility will take PCSO to a new level of professionalism by taking most of the operations of the agency and putting them in one central location instead of being scattered throughout the county. The current administration has stepped up to the plate with this plan. Where would you have gotten the money from? By asking the county commission? Good luck with that! I applaud the current administration for taking the steps necessary to get the employees out of cramped quarters in Bartow and elsewhere.

I, like the administration, am a good steward of my money. No, I did not receive a cost of living adjustment this year but I did receive my merit increase and anticipate receiving one again this year, so yes I did receive a raise this year. This is yet another plan which provides salary increases on a yearly basis. Members of the agency should not depend on a COLA. While this benefit would be nice, one should not bet the bank on it yearly as there are several factors affecting it. One should also note, the current administration found the money for a 2% pay adjustment so it is not a COLA. They did not have to do this but they chose to do it to benefit their employees.

I also would like you to prove top "upper brass" got more than a 2% or "significant raise." You will need to provide date of adjustment and who approved it.

You should have anticipated your web-site account was going to expire and paid for it in advance, just like PCSO has done with the new facility. You knew it would be due in 6 months if you had a 6 month subscription. This in a perfect example of how your management skills are being called into question. I hope you don't forget to pay the utility bill, wireless internet bill, phone bill, water bill or any other pending expenditure in your business dealings as they may be an indicator of your business mismanagement should you be elected to any political office. Didn't you mention Sheriff Jene in a previous post? The one who was brought up on charges??

By the way, your web-site being down was far from a disappointment.

I am voting for Sheriff Judd and will be encouraging others to do the same. I look forward to reviewing your proof of upper staff raises in the coming days.

03-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey ML: I did a little research and found something troubling. Why do you have two federal tax liens on your property for unpaid taxes totaling over $50,000? The first one is for $673.71 (Edited out by Mod 1) The second one is for $49,794.72 (Edited Out by Mod 1). If you are such an important business man (you are a carpet and tile installation estimator—wow) how come you can’t pay your taxes? Now we know why you like Sherriff Jenne so much—you both can’t/won’t pay your taxes. This tells us you can’t manage your money, you don’t follow the law, while we work hard and pay our taxes—you don’t, and your whole “I’m a smart business guy” shtick is a fraud. Hey, ML, be honest, don’t cheat, and pay your taxes.

03-29-2008, 05:07 PM
It has been one week since M.L. was challenged to show proof of the "significant raises" among upper staff at the Sheriff's Office and he has failed to provide the information. We are still waiting. All we are asking for is the dates of the raises, when the approval was received in payroll and/or human resources, and how much the raises were for (i.e. to prove the "significant" descriptor). This is all public record available to anyone who asks.

M.L., we are experienced law enforcement officers who seek the truth. You may be seeing now that not all on this web-site are troubled members of a fine agency. Put your money where your mouth is and prove your allegations if you are going to run a serious campaign for a serious position.

Maybe this will prove you should not believe all you hear from the rumor mongers.

I also would like an explanation of the tax lien posting above.

03-30-2008, 06:08 PM
This kinda reminds me of the clinton lewkneesky, oops, I meant to say lewinsky thing, took him forever to come up with an answer and when he did it was a "i did not have sexual relations with that woman" yeah right.

Cowboy up there man and answer the questions. Are ya scared???

If you want the position, you need to learn to give honest answers to the questions asked..... Just like a politician, when the skeletons come out of the closet,they jump in it to hide. hmmmm

04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Hmmm...

Although I totally agree with the fact that POLK needs a new sheriff and a few new deputies LEO AFFAIRS is NOT the place for ML to be campaigning.

Law Enforcement Officials in the county know there is a candidate and most know who he is; if they wish to talk to you ML they will contact you. Do not set yourself up for the apparent abuse you will take on this forum.

It would be my advice to read, educate yourself as to the issues being had in the various departments around the county and leave the rest alone; at least in these forums.

Also, ML, from what I can see there are some POLK insiders working against you... dont give them the opportunity to do so.

You know who your biggest backers are; therefore dont sweat the small stuff these people dish out.

Now, go get your campaign on and forget this mess. You have an incredible chance of winning this election... go do it!

04-06-2008, 02:35 AM
M.L.,

It has been almost two weeks, where is the info on your taxes and the significant raises for upper level staff? We are still waiting. Speaking of waiting, I can't wait to see the debate!! It's going to be great!

04-07-2008, 04:08 AM
ML has every right to waste as much money of his and/or his contributors that he wants to by running for Sheriff. The simple facts are that Sheriff Judd is gonna clean his clock.

Sheriff Judd is a very good Sheriff. He really does care about each of his Deputy Sheriffs. Is everything perfect here?? No, but where is it? I think we have it a lot better than most agencies in this area.

04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey ML: It's tax day. Have you paid your taxes yet? How about your back taxes? How about your tax liens?

07-15-2008, 04:56 AM
Thank God the voters outnumber the deputies. Some of you need to resign. I believe you would best serve the public in another capacity.

07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
And most of us could care less what you think.

w1093
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Obviously you didn't read the comment above about this forum being for law enforcement! Us deputy's are probably paying your bills with our HARD EARNED tax dollars! Get a life... or join ML in his unsuccessful campaign.

*****GRADY JUDD FOR PRESIDENT!!!*****

07-19-2008, 04:04 AM
dear ml,

while i am no longer employeed at pcso, i am and always be loyal to sheriff judd for what he has and will continue to do. while there is no perfect agency, pcso is as close as it gets. after the backing sheriff judd showed during my friend's tragedy, i and most would vote for him anyday. the sheriff's office does not need a nasty election after a horrible tragedy. so do yourself and the many employees a favor and back out. give the employees some well deserved peace. matt williams in our hearts forever.

07-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Well, hello Herb ... how's things up there in the south Georgia? Don't worry about Mr. Lashman ... I had never even heard his name until today. He wont even be a ripple on the pond of life in this election. Grady has it for as long as he wants it.

07-20-2008, 08:21 PM
all is well polkster, you guys down there need to remember no department is perfect but when measured up, yours is really great. everything down there good?

08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
But Grady acts like the money is out of his out pocket

08-13-2008, 04:34 AM
M.L., not only can't you spell but I here you do not even pay your taxes. Yeah Clerks website is great! Maybe you should spend your time working extra and paying your tax warrant off. If you do not recall what you owe look it up on the Clerk of Courts website. Looks like a lot of money. Then again we know you are not very bright,so you have math and spelling problems. And you think you can beat The Worlds Greatest Sheriff all adds up to a loser.

10-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey ML, I just wanted to tell you that I submitted my mail-in vote today. And it should come as no suprise to you that I voted for GRADY JUDD!! Ha ha, good luck with your "campaign" out of the tobacco shop, schmuck.

11-01-2008, 05:50 PM
WOW...i THINK YOU ALL HAVE BEEN PUT INTO A ROOM AT ONE TIME AND HYPNOTIZED BY THE DEVIL THAT RUNS THIS COUNTY, I THINK YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR BIBLES OUT AND START READING THEM, GRADY JUDD IS THE FACE OF

EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVILEVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL
EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVILEVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL

ML...YOU HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that! From a lowly deputy sheriff goon:

GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY! GRADY!

11-01-2008, 05:54 PM
M.L., not only can't you spell but I here you do not even pay your taxes. Yeah Clerks website is great! Maybe you should spend your time working extra and paying your tax warrant off. If you do not recall what you owe look it up on the Clerk of Courts website. Looks like a lot of money. Then again we know you are not very bright,so you have math and spelling problems. And you think you can beat The Worlds Greatest Sheriff all adds up to a loser.

Before you start insulting people about thier spelling check your own...just for the record

but I here you do not even pay your taxes. should be
but I hear......... and the website doesn't show when someone has made an amendment or an extention for more time. So, do what you do best mmuaaahh :roll: