PDA

View Full Version : Improved pay for FHP

01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
If FHP funded a "step plan" and gave an "initial raise" to get cuurent troopers closer to where they should be the following would happen:
*current troopers retained
*current troopers work harder......maybe... I hope......
*new troopers attracted to FHP
*more manpower on the roads which would improve safety throughout the state and improve working conditions for troopers.

01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
True . Where I work we have 3 troopers in the county if everyone is 10-8. It would be super sweet to have more manpower. To have about 5 or 6 troopers 10-8 would be awesome. Calls could be answered quicker , highways monitored better , bolo's could actually be located , back up would be closer etc.

01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
If FHP funded a "step plan" and gave an "initial raise" to get cuurent troopers closer to where they should be the following would happen:
*more manpower on the roads which would improve safety throughout the state and improve working conditions for troopers.

Don't forget they could also make the recruitment process MUCH more difficult so idiots have no way of getting hired. Look at all these supervisors now. Most are dumber than the pavement we drive on. Ever wonder why? Because they are stupid and can't get jobs elsewhere so they stay at FHP thinking everything is great. The smart people with a lick of sense move on and get out of FHP.

01-15-2008, 09:11 PM

Almost every other post is the same BS about FHP's pay. It's not going to get better so get over it

01-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't forget they could also make the recruitment process MUCH more difficult so idiots have no way of getting hired. Look at all these supervisors now. Most are dumber than the pavement we drive on. Ever wonder why? Because they are stupid and can't get jobs elsewhere so they stay at FHP thinking everything is great. The smart people with a lick of sense move on and get out of FHP.[/quote]
Most Troopers are dumber than the pavement as well. Some supervisors are just dedicated, hardworking and still believe in a mission that they signed up for. Do your job right and you have no problems. Maybe you should review some of the reports your peers put out, you might be surprised who smarter. You want to leave dont let the door hit you in your arse. I am tired of you cry baby, punks projecting your downward spiral on management, equipment, policies that have been in effect since you came on, and lack of manpower. Do you job, do your part and let others worry about the problems outside of your control. You will live longer. Pay would fix alot of the problems.

01-16-2008, 03:42 AM
Don't forget they could also make the recruitment process MUCH more difficult so idiots have no way of getting hired. Look at all these supervisors now. Most are dumber than the pavement we drive on. Ever wonder why? Because they are stupid and can't get jobs elsewhere so they stay at FHP thinking everything is great. The smart people with a lick of sense move on and get out of FHP.
Most Troopers are dumber than the pavement as well. Some supervisors are just dedicated, hardworking and still believe in a mission that they signed up for. Do your job right and you have no problems. Maybe you should review some of the reports your peers put out, you might be surprised who smarter. You want to leave dont let the door hit you in your arse. I am tired of you cry baby, punks projecting your downward spiral on management, equipment, policies that have been in effect since you came on, and lack of manpower. Do you job, do your part and let others worry about the problems outside of your control. You will live longer. Pay would fix alot of the problems.[/quote]

RG is that you? Just so you know "dedicated" and "hardworking" doesn't mean treating people like CRAP! By the way, I can tell you are a really smart one by your excellent grammar. Go back to junior high you delusional waste.

01-16-2008, 07:09 AM

That's a bunch of crap. We have good people and we have not so good people. To condemn all of FHP that remains is ludicrous.

If you truly feel this way, do yourself and those that remain a favor and leave as soon as possible. The more dead wood, complaining slugs that leave the better for FHP in the long run.

01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
If FHP had a decent starting salary, gave step raises, and had enough manpower, FHP would be a POLICE DEPARTMENT.

01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Blah,blah, blah, higher pay, step plan, were getting a raise "next year"...I have been listening to that for 11 years now. I have come to the conclusion that I will no longer be the "kicked puppy".
Here Trooper, a new Charger for you....U can buy that AR-15 u always wanted. The last time I checked, I cant pay my electric bill with a new Charger. I am outta here guys. Been nice working with all of you.
These rookies will wake up at their 6th or 7th year and say "darn, you know those guys were right, im screwed". And they will be outta here as well. Electra is holding on to the highest point of a sinking ship.
Do the math....125 or more troopers quit each year and the academy only has the funding to run one maybe 2 classes a year producing only 70 or so new rookies. Thats minus 55 or so troopers each year......How long do you think this will go on....? The coffee is brewing Tallahassee.....A Charger and a taser does not a department make.....How many more 70 car pile-ups have to happen before someone says "oh no, we better do something...."
See ya.....and Good luck.

01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
All I can say is that I wont be here either. I talk to people now that left FHP a while back and they just laugh when I tell them the continuing problems. It's like thinking back to when you were 100 pounds heavier. It is a time you never want to go back to and you can't believe you were there in the first place !

01-16-2008, 11:48 PM

That's a bunch of crap. We have good people and we have not so good people. To condemn all of FHP that remains is ludicrous.

If you truly feel this way, do yourself and those that remain a favor and leave as soon as possible. The more dead wood, complaining slugs that leave the better for FHP in the long run.

Hey guess what moron? We are leaving if you hasnt noticed and look what is happening to FHP. I dont exactly think this agency is headed in a good direction because of our loss.

01-17-2008, 01:12 AM
:wink: No Raise for you, until the real law enforcement officer, corrections gets theres, stand in line where you belong.

01-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Gov. Charlie Crist just proposed a $1 billion increasing in spending to public schools, a potentially difficult proposition to deliver in a year likely to produce austere cuts to government services due to revenue drops.

The proposition of increasing school funding is meant to diffuse the argument from teacher, local government and service unions that the Jan. 29 property tax amendment would hamstring classroom funding.

“A lot of people around the state are concerned about the upcoming vote on Jan. 29 and how it might effect school funding,” Crist told a Capitol crowd of reporters and editors gathered for the annual AP Florida legislative planning session.

“The two things most important to me are public safety and public education,” Crist added, although he wouldn’t elaborate on where he would propose cutting the $70 billion 2008-09 budget to address dwindling revenues.

Crist’s budget recommendation would boost state spending per student by just over 5 percent, or $394 per student. The pitch includes $847 million more for complying with class-size mandates, and more money for teacher bonuses, and $138 million to replace lost dollars if the amendment passes.

Two pieces of the property tax plan – portability and the tangible personal property break for businesses – would reduce the amount of tax revenue going to public schools.

Over five years, the expected loss would be about $1.5 billion – about $161 million this year.

While school district officials have said the cuts would be harmful to the quality of education, Crist wants more school spending this year, not less. It will be tough, though, for lawmakers to “hold schools harmless” in a tight budget year where $2 billion must be cut from state spending.

Crist said his overall budget to be unveiled next month will be about $70 billion – meaning other programs would have to decrease. Crist is also holding off on recommending a tuition increase at colleges and universities, but it proposing $52 million more for rising enrollment and a $23 million increase for medical school construction at Florida State University, Florida International University and the University of Central Florida.

Sorry Charlie, I don't believe public safety means anything to you. Politics!! POLI (latin for "many") TICS (blood sucking parasites.)

01-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I hope lying charlie enjoys his few remaining years in office because I can promise he will not be elected again. Why does almost every politician have to be a lying sack of crap?

01-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Blah,blah, blah, higher pay, step plan, were getting a raise "next year"...I have been listening to that for 11 years now. I have come to the conclusion that I will no longer be the "kicked puppy".
Here Trooper, a new Charger for you....U can buy that AR-15 u always wanted. The last time I checked, I cant pay my electric bill with a new Charger. I am outta here guys. Been nice working with all of you.
These rookies will wake up at their 6th or 7th year and say "darn, you know those guys were right, im screwed". And they will be outta here as well. Electra is holding on to the highest point of a sinking ship.
Do the math....125 or more troopers quit each year and the academy only has the funding to run one maybe 2 classes a year producing only 70 or so new rookies. Thats minus 55 or so troopers each year......How long do you think this will go on....? The coffee is brewing Tallahassee.....A Charger and a taser does not a department make.....How many more 70 car pile-ups have to happen before someone says "oh no, we better do something...."
See ya.....and Good luck.

Good riddance.

01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Most Troopers are dumber than the pavement as well. Some supervisors are just dedicated, hardworking and still believe in a mission that they signed up for. Do your job right and you have no problems. Maybe you should review some of the reports your peers put out, you might be surprised who smarter. You want to leave dont let the door hit you in your arse. I am tired of you cry baby, punks projecting your downward spiral on management, equipment, policies that have been in effect since you came on, and lack of manpower. Do you job, do your part and let others worry about the problems outside of your control. You will live longer. Pay would fix alot of the problems.[/quote]

I fail to understand why Supervisors and Troopers can't seem to get along. Observations I've made:

1) when someone gets promoted or assigned a specialty position they forgot what it was like to be at the bottom and that they are in it for themselves.
2) there is favoritism and the most qualified person is NOT always selected for the position.
3) communication travels up and down the chain of command and if everyone isn't receptive to new ideas then FHP will stay in the 20th century.
4) everyone should be held accountable for their actions or inactions.
5) pay can not be fixed at the Agency level however all the other concerns can be.
6) Users who post shall be required to check their work using a grammatical checker.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm tired of being the b*tch agency for the local Sheriffs Office. I believe the policy needs to be changed reference our areas of responsibility to avoid another horrific event that happened in Polk County.

AND I don't care who is dumber than who.