PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

Mod 361
01-15-2008, 05:20 AM
It appears to me that the number of malcontents who post on here cannot possibly outweigh the number of content agents we have altogether. The intent of this forum was to bring us together, not divide. I appreciate the intermittent comedy and intellectual observations of certain "posters" (i.e.: Secret Poet, Uncle Buck, and others); however, certain others are disrespectful, unprofessional, and outright aggressive.

Certain types of people can only seem to focus on the negative. This agency, like any other, has it's issues. Outside of pay, the primary problem is its connection to DBPR. We would be better off if we were our own agency...or better yet, one Florida State Police force. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen any time soon, so we must make the best of it. Believe it or not, there are some places that are FAR worse; unemployment and lack of income can also be catastrophic.

I appreciate the fact that I have my job. I love my career in LE. I work with some very good agents - even if we don't always see eye to eye. I do not, however appreciate the "slamming" that occurs on this site. Some of the people we have do deserve it, but that does not make it right. I am bound by the rules of leoaffairs, and I will respect those to the utmost. Some posters don't seem to respect anybody. Retired and other long gone agents post here, and are responded to (at times) in a very disrespectful manner. It sickens me.

I'm well aware of the fact that I am now going to be either slammed, accused of being part of the administration, called out as being whomever, blamed for the economy, and probably be considered responsible for the current state of world affairs. Oh well, at least I've put in my two cents.

01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
You may very well be slammed, but what you say is true. So here's to you and keep up the good work.

01-18-2008, 01:59 AM
A voice of reason...how refreshing!!

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Thank you for these refreshing words of inspiration.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 11:01 PM
This is the best job and we are very fortunate to have the Team we have. Are there issues? Yes. We learn along the way. We hope to leave this place better than we found it. I appreciate everyone in this agency (some more than others) and I know I have made things better for a few. That is my measure of success. That is what matters.