PDA

View Full Version : Times have changed

01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
There was once a time when law enforcement officers looked out for one another, a brotherhood to speak and reference was made to the "thin blue line" a supposed code of silence where it was unheard of for an officer to drop a dime on another officer. That's not to say we're talking about criminal activity here, just the daily BS, nothing on the Serpico level. Today it seems that officers are stabbing one another in the back. What happened?

01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Got real bad when females came into profession but got out of hand when they got into management. Have totally different way of seeing, dealing, and solving problems. They take things personally instead of letting things go. Sounds poltically incorrect but buddy it's the TRUTH.

01-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Got real bad when females came into profession but got out of hand when they got into management. Have totally different way of seeing, dealing, and solving problems. They take things personally instead of letting things go. Sounds poltically incorrect but buddy it's the TRUTH.
Got real bad when they allowed people like David Merrill and John Szabo to become Law Enforcement Officers.

01-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Got real bad when females came into profession but got out of hand when they got into management.

Got real bad when they allowed people like David Merrill to become Law Enforcement Officers.

Aren't both posters saying the same thing?

01-15-2008, 12:04 AM
[quote]Got real bad when females came into profession but got out of hand when they got into management.

Got real bad when they allowed people like David Merrill to become Law Enforcement Officers.

Aren't both posters saying the same thing?[/quote:3mornkeh]
I LIKE THAT GOOD ONE! :snicker:

01-15-2008, 02:17 AM
What happened? We became the "me" generation. It's not about team work and getting the job done, it's about how can I discredit you so that I'll look good. There are little personal standards anymore, little or no professional standards either. Just read the 2 responses to this post. It's a crying shame what we have become. We're at the point when folks go out of their way to make others look bad. Fellow employees will do and say things to management for no other purpose than to discredit those they work side by side with. We simply forgot about the corny old golden rule...treat others as you would like to be treated.

01-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Biggest bunch of liars I have ever known...and its a shame they wear a badge...makes you wonder how many violators were really innocent!

01-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Biggest bunch of liars I have ever known...and its a shame they wear a badge...makes you wonder how many violators were really innocent!

You make a good point. Sad but true. Same can be said in regards to the post before you. How many agents find themselves the subject of an untruth?