PDA

View Full Version : Interview Coming Up

01-14-2008, 09:35 PM
I have an interview coming up for the Investigator II position. What can I expect? I'm coming from a local agency and while I have worked a few times with you guys and girls, I really don't know too much about the hiring process for you all. Thanks, be safe.

01-15-2008, 03:01 AM
Are you S-L-O-W....read these post....and you should be able to figure out what to expect.

01-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Are you S-L-O-W....read these post....and you should be able to figure out what to expect.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Anyone care to offer a valid response? Stay safe.

01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Unless the process has changed, as part of the interview you'll have to write a report based on a given scenario, and you'll answer a small questionnaire. Once you've been scored, your file goes to Tallahassee for review; if accepted, you'll then begin the background process, which will be completed by a Lieutenant from the interviewing office.

Once the background is completed and reviewed by Tallahassee, you'll be notified of when to take the Psych (in Tampa). After that (usually not too long), you'll be given the appropriate paperwork mandated by FDLE for your medical exam and drug tests. The medical is through your MD and at your cost (co-pay). The drug test is at their expense.

Good Luck.

01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I have an interview coming up for the Investigator II position. What can I expect? I'm coming from a local agency and while I have worked a few times with you guys and girls, I really don't know too much about the hiring process for you all. Thanks, be safe.

Here's the process: If you know Tom Wheeler, well, welcome to your new office, Ms. Director! If you worked at DEP you can come in as a LT in the IG's office! If you were a friend of Drago's you get to be a Major! If you are running for Sheriff of Jefferson County you can go to the front of the line and come in at Captain! See-it's fair. You'll love your new job at the command level. Plenty of unsuspecting people below you who work hard and know their jobs, and an added benefit, they are used to the lowest pay, worst treatment from management, so you can wipe your shoes on them whenever your little heart desires.

01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
You really don't want to come work with these losers here at this agency. All they will do is pick you to pieces and walk all over you. If they don’t walk on you they will try to pull you into their little groups and you will become just as sad and miserable as them. So let me remind you they are “TRULY SAD with NO LIFE”.

So if you do decide to come here I hope you do not have any plans of advancement. Cause if you do and you advance before one of these loser. WATCH OUT, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE THE NEXT TO BE SLAMMED ALL OVER THIS BOARD!

01-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Anyone care to offer a valid response? Stay safe.

If you're a person of honesty & character..................and
If you're strong enough to assert independence..............and
If you're an independent thinker.................................and
If you can avoid negative thinking people..................and
If you can stay away from office politics....................and
If you can deal with interagency unfairness...............and
If you can accept the reality that some morons will be your supervisor........................................ .......................and
If you can stay above the fray.....................................then
Go for it. If you get through all this and are hired, join those who gave you an honest response to your inquiry. If you respect yourself and are smart enough to avoid people unlike yourself this can be the best job in the world. It was for me.......most of the time.

01-16-2008, 01:19 AM
This is a good job and if you get hired, just come in with the knowledge that ABT is mostly regulatory. We have enforcement powers and use them a great deal. Underage possession of a/b and tobacco, preventing the sale of a/b and tobacco to underage is the main priority. Know that coming in and you'll do fine. Try not to listen to the people who constantly bash ABT, they would be unhappy any place they worked.
Good luck.

01-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Best piece of advice: Ignore 99% of what you read on this site. Most of the people who use this site are malcontents and they are just going to put you down.

The interview is not much different than with any other agency. A panel will ask you a series of questions ranging from "why do you want to be a police officer" to "What do you know about this agency" to technical legal questions on our statutory authority, what a terry stop is, etc.

Then, you'll be given a scenario and have to write a mock police report.

Thats about it. Then you wait, if selected, you do your medical, drug test, and psych in tampa. The psych is far worse than the interivew - the doc there likes to put you under pressure to see how you react, so be ready.

01-17-2008, 04:01 AM
The psych is far worse than the interivew - the doc there likes to put you under pressure to see how you react, so be ready.
Is it Dr. Scotko?

01-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Here's the process: If you know Tom Wheeler, well, welcome to your new office, Ms. Director! If you worked at DEP you can come in as a LT in the IG's office! If you were a friend of Drago's you get to be a Major! If you are running for Sheriff of Jefferson County you can go to the front of the line and come in at Captain! See-it's fair. You'll love your new job at the command level. Plenty of unsuspecting people below you who work hard and know their jobs, and an added benefit, they are used to the lowest pay, worst treatment from management, so you can wipe your shoes on them whenever your little heart desires.

funny if it were not so true

01-17-2008, 01:46 PM
The psych is far worse than the interivew - the doc there likes to put you under pressure to see how you react, so be ready.
Is it Dr. Scotko?

Yep