PDA

View Full Version : I-4 Crash Question

01-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I have been watching the news about the crash. The highest ranking Trooper at the crash seen was a Sgt...I think. It sounded like all we had was the THI squad; the Sgt., and 4 Cpl's.

Sheriff Judd was there and on all the news chanels stating how well his Deputies preformed, and how great a job he did in getting 50+ deputies to cover the area to save lives. He even once or twice mentioned the FHP also was on the secene. I applad the Sheriff for his actions trying to prevent further death and distruction. He is the Chief Law enforcement of Polk County. To me, he made it sound like his Office was doing the "investigation" and he and his men were there to help the FHP out.

My question is, did we have any supervision above a Sgt. there? Where was the Major, Captain or Lt's. ? Oh, I did see the Major from Troop F, making his comments. He came all the way out of his office to talk about the crash, and it wasn't even in his Troop.

Well the news meida did state that the FHP had several THI's were conducting "a"investigation. I guess that was nice of them to mention us.

Proud to have served...you all be safe out there.

01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Where do you begin when documenting this crash? How in the world can a diagram be drawn for such a large accident scene?

01-12-2008, 02:08 AM
There were a bunch of troopers onscene to include 2 sgs a lt and cpt and THI, later THI from Tampa to help. dont know if the major got out there but he got teh aerial tour

01-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Some states have a major incident response team for these mega crash situations. Maybe Florida should consider something similar.

01-12-2008, 02:39 AM
There were a bunch of troopers onscene to include 2 sgs a lt and cpt and THI, later THI from Tampa to help. dont know if the major got out there but he got teh aerial tour

Thanks for the heads up and information. From what I have seen, there is a lot of work to be done. 70 vehicles, 10 crashes, all in the same location. Keep up the good work

Stay safe out there!

01-12-2008, 02:45 AM
I saw the Major, Captain, LT, a bunch of Sgts and Corporals from all over the Troop there. There were 2 PIOS and a lot of Troopers from all over Troop C and D. As someone who was there on a post, I am proud of the response and proud of the PIO and his defense of the FHP and the Troopers in Polk County! Seeing a sea of black and tans makes me proud of the FHP no matter why we are there.

01-12-2008, 03:20 AM
I saw the Major, Captain, LT, a bunch of Sgts and Corporals from all over the Troop there. There were 2 PIOS and a lot of Troopers from all over Troop C and D. As someone who was there on a post, I am proud of the response and proud of the PIO and his defense of the FHP and the Troopers in Polk County! Seeing a sea of black and tans makes me proud of the FHP no matter why we are there.

Me too!

Proud to have served even prouder to see us with that kind of pride and team work.

Stay safe!

01-13-2008, 12:17 AM
For those who were there, I think everyone can agree that it was the most impressive site of destruction our agency has probably ever seen! INCREDIBLE!

01-13-2008, 02:37 AM
bottom line if not known the sheriffs dept/offices in florida rule all, hope this is not new news... they are the state police in florida... its sad but true..

01-13-2008, 01:38 PM
For those who were there, I think everyone can agree that it was the most impressive site of destruction our agency has probably ever seen! INCREDIBLE.

The Skyway "hit" was worse.