PDA

View Full Version : TICKETS,TICKETS,TICKETS

01-11-2008, 10:27 AM
ORLANDO, FLORIDA — A costumed officer dressed as Dr. Seuss’ Grinch character handed out about one traffic ticket per minute for hours Wednesday in a holiday crackdown on Central Florida traffic violators.
There were so many people running red lights and committing traffic violations that costumed officer said he had little time to rest, Local 6’s Laura Diaz said.
“We averaged about one a minute and we’ve been out here for about 50 minutes,” Orange County sheriff’s representative Ken Wynne said.
Some drivers said their ticket was not fair.
“I think I’m being ticketed wrongly,” a motorist told Local 6 after being pulled over.
Last year, the Grinch was responsible for ticketing about 200 drivers in just hours.
Deputies said this year’s effort was set up to save lives. Last year, 184 people died in traffic accidents.
“That’s 184 people that would have survived last year if everybody would’ve obeyed the law,” Wynne said.
Wednesday’s operation lasted for several hours. It was not known if any other operations are scheduled but last year, officers dressed as Santa’s elves nabbed hundreds of speeders in Central Florida.

When I read this, one name came to mind...Lt. JM. No wander he worships "O town", they think alike. TICKETS,TICKETS,TICKETS

02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
HAHAHA!!!! Good story. But it reminded me more of the "New" Deputy that likes to write tickets to everyone & their family. :shock: