PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to get hired

01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
How hard is it to get on with FHP? I already am certified but have never had a leo job.

01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
You typed your question, which means that you are a living person. YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!
p.s. And certified? Can you start today?

01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
How hard is it to get on with FHP? I already am certified but have never had a leo job.

Do you have a pen? :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-11-2008, 02:27 AM
apps on the internet and not hard just lengthly

01-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Yea I filled out the online app and have to go for the PAT test. I hope it is as easy as you say to get my foot in the door.

01-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Is FHP harder to get on than Plant City Police? I did their oral board and their only issue with me was I dont have much work history. I am 21 never been in trouble and have a assosiates degree with my Police certification. I have always wanted to start with FHP so hopefuly i will make it.

01-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Does FHP wave college requirement if you are already certified?

01-11-2008, 04:47 AM
COLLEGE IS ONLY RECOMMENDED, NOT REQUIRED

01-12-2008, 03:39 AM
I heard all you have to do is call 1-800-FHP-HIRED. and you're in. Oh and if your last name if Gee you will be hired in less than 7 day. LOL. what a joke.

01-13-2008, 03:16 AM
I just did my psyc.

I heard there are 2 parts now. I did 1. (I don't know how long it takes to find out results). It took me over 5 hours.

and I heard you have to come back a second time. Is this true?

01-13-2008, 04:03 AM
I just did my psyc.

I heard there are 2 parts now. I did 1. (I don't know how long it takes to find out results). It took me over 5 hours.

I had to take the written, physical, psyc, polygraph, and medical which took less than 7 months. Seven months is EXTREMELY quick to get hired by any agency. Most take almost a year and most federal agencies take at least 2-3 years.

01-13-2008, 04:07 AM

Haha that is a good joke. This agency couldnt hire a soul if they required college. The good news is they pay you an extra $80.00 a month if you have a four year degree. That is $54 a month after taxes for a degree that cost at least $50,000. Good deal huh? :roll:

01-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I just did my psyc.

Results take a couple days, next step is Medical/vision screening (same day), then Background, then the right candidates are offered jobs. For me I did my psych Dec 21, my BI scheduled the medical/vision for Jan. 16th, probably the delay was the holidays

01-13-2008, 02:22 PM
get buddy, buddy with Gee, and You'll be done in about 8 days...

01-13-2008, 02:26 PM

Haha that is a good joke. This agency couldnt hire a soul if they required college. The good news is they pay you an extra $80.00 a month if you have a four year degree. That is $54 a month after taxes for a degree that cost at least $50,000. Good deal huh? :roll:

The incentive money for having a college degree doesn't come from FHP. All agencies in Florida pay the same amount for college. If you paid attention to last years legislative session, you might remember a bill that was introduced to increase salary incentive payments. The bill didn't pass, but it just goes to show you that FHP doesn't set the amount of money we get paid for college.

Some of you on this site need to do a little homework before you start slamming the agency for stuff it has no control over. Many of the things people complain about here are issues that are controlled by someone other than FHP (Legislators, DMS, etc).

01-13-2008, 07:19 PM

The incentive money for having a college degree doesn't come from FHP. All agencies in Florida pay the same amount for college. If you paid attention to last years legislative session, you might remember a bill that was introduced to increase salary incentive payments. The bill didn't pass, but it just goes to show you that FHP doesn't set the amount of money we get paid for college.

Some of you on this site need to do a little homework before you start slamming the agency for stuff it has no control over. Many of the things people complain about here are issues that are controlled by someone other than FHP (Legislators, DMS, etc).

And do you truly think the higher ups in FHP do anything to help us? NO! Look at this mess on I-4. It's not just the legislators that aren't giving us enough manpower, but we also have GHQ saying the manpower is sufficient. Two dang troopers in a county the size of Polk and they think that is ok? GHQ should be the ones on the front lines fighting for our pay raises, other incentives, and increases in manpower. Instead they just sit back and act like everything is fine. And just because they say they support our pay raises doesn't mean they are doing jack to actually see that it happens.

01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Thank you,
Did you have to go back for a second time for the psyc?
I was talking with other people doing the psyc. and a few was on the second psyc. They said this was new to go back twice.
Did you have to go back twice?
I applied about 5 months ago.

I just did my psyc.

I had to take the written, physical, psyc, polygraph, and medical which took less than 7 months. Seven months is EXTREMELY quick to get hired by any agency. Most take almost a year and most federal agencies take at least 2-3 years.

01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks Jon,

I hope to do my Medical/Vision soon also.

I just did my psyc.

Results take a couple days, next step is Medical/vision screening (same day), then Background, then the right candidates are offered jobs. For me I did my psych Dec 21, my BI scheduled the medical/vision for Jan. 16th, probably the delay was the holidays

01-15-2008, 05:02 PM
look no further than the specialty positions that troopers hold:

Tpa:

PIO
Background
investigations
baby seat installer
two on CIP (ready to retire)
tprs on special x15 (Troop C) doing what a motor unit is supposed to be doing?
tprs on speeders (what a joke), hey my printer isn't working, lets make a violator wait 15 mins for a printed ticket instead of old school handwriting. (oh my mistake, he doesn't know how to handwrite and uses the one finger method of typing.

and the answer to everything: get rid of tpr postions and hire OLD, TPR WANNABEES, X COPS, OLD LADIES, C S O'S....... yep, CSO's are the answer. more road coverage out of less qualified, unarmed civilians to do troopers work.

01-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Are you FHP wannabe's reading the post on here? You seeing where they are losing more than they can hire just because of the low Pay and no benefits? Getting a Charger, but not allowed to chase, and no pay raise in sight. You might be getting an AR, IF you have a grand to lay out. I wonder if you can read? And if so, does your mind process the written word? Every dept. is hurting for people and no offense to FHP personnel, but why would you start at someplace you will make less than just about any other place in the state?

01-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Are you FHP wannabe's reading the post on here? You seeing where they are losing more than they can hire just because of the low Pay and no benefits? Getting a Charger, but not allowed to chase, and no pay raise in sight. You might be getting an AR, IF you have a grand to lay out. I wonder if you can read? And if so, does your mind process the written word? Every dept. is hurting for people and no offense to FHP personnel, but why would you start at someplace you will make less than just about any other place in the state?

I took the job because I thought FL would be a great place to be a trooper. We all know how bad the drivers are here so I thought it would be a hot spot of activity. The job is a great one here, but the agency is in shambles and makes life hell.

01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
When you get hired. Do they try to put you where you request?
I have a house in S. FL. are there alot of openings in the South from West Palm South to Miami?.

01-27-2008, 12:57 AM
and just fyi, once you are hired it is almost impossible to be fired. Just look through the boi case files and you will see major violations that gets a slap on the wrist.