PDA

View Full Version : The time has come ...

01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Here is my take...and please understand these are just my opinions every man and woman here has one. I respect yours, even if I disagree with them. I would hope if nothing else you would respect mine.

With everything that is going on with our department right now and with all that has been said on this wonderful site, I have chosen to remain quiet, until now.

Of course, much like any of you, the reasons I can not and will not come forward to acknowledge who I may be is very obvious. When “they”, being the chosen few in our administration higher than let us say Capt. will tell you that you can speak your mind without worry of prosecution or indifference in an open forum such as one of recent meetings.

Well I assure you all this is a farce. It would thoroughly surprise the majority of you as to who and what I really do at this office. To say more would ruin the secretiveness’ I have here and possibly of putting my position here at risk. If not now, then surely in a few years.

Regardless I walk and talk amongst you and have to put on a happy face all the time, even when I disagree with issues at hand. So please understand why I choose to stay “Feel4You2”

To start, I have to say it sickens me to have to sit in on these meetings and hear the “thought process” that goes into such matters as promotions, raises, vehicles or even hires and discipline. But yet for my families’ sake, for my careers sake, I tread on.

Within our most recent meeting I was overwhelmed with the feeling it was nothing more that a bunch force fed facts, most of which were not valid. PM, god bless you sir, but you have changed, it happens to all Sheriff’s. I have seen it several times and will see it several more I presume but for me after your gone so am I.

You got in there with and under the best of intentions and I think you realized it is a lot harder job than just shaking hands. There are budgets, lawsuits, disgruntle employees, insurance, cars, prisoners, transports, radios that don’t work, ect.

Start listening to the people under us. I think it is almost to a point that they feel scared to even speak their peace at times. That’s not a good thing Paul.

NS, stop riding that fence you are on, and pick a side… It is okay to look at the public and say no from time to time, but as of late it has been more “no’s” to your support staff and command rather than the public.

I understand they (PUBLIC) have to put you in your future “graces”. But remember we men and women of the OCSO stand before the public on all issues. WE can either hold that chair open for you or slam it in the desk and save it for the next guy. Take care of your home, then your neighbor. Just, an opinion an old playboy gave me before he died here years back, but a well thought out one if you asked me.

Listen to your staff, starting with our Captain’s, and Lieutenants, we have a lot more to offer then we get credit for at times. I’m glad I will not have to have to sit in on the next big round of “castings” after Paul is done. I just shake my head reading the paper then laughing while I sip my brown water and relax in a tree stand or golf course, boat, plane or train if I choose to. Anywhere but here, and I’m one of the ones that respect the hell out of you too.

Now back to our most recent meetings. Seems to me you both (PM & NS) have tried to imbed that R.C. didn’t get a raise, which she DID roughly 5K, to say we didn’t give it to her went she came and did everything but demand it would also be a farce. She spoke of it in the office to a select few but as the “office” is it got out.

I for one feel that “Jua” has a very important job at our office. I feel that she does help keep things running and her job should be paid for accordingly those services and that she is running that department… Wait, she runs 5 or 6 people… How many does a Sergeant run? Just doing the math here…I may be wrong, never mind, I think my point has been made.

And lets not forget JW, even though the year book says you have “been an employee ever since” I was there when you got fired or “walked out” under EM and had to wait tables to barely make ends meat. I remember when you were struggling so hard with your kids and WE would come and leave a 20.00 tip on the table. You remember those times.

I doubt it when you are complaining about people wanting more money and attacking your salary when there is no where as significant as yours apparently is. Does it amaze people that you get paid the same if not more than a Captain here? I can’t see why. I am sure you will win more of the Indians money or give them the raise in the process. Have fun I’ll be scheduling details for my guys to live off of.

However, I cannot sit here quietly & see any of you struggling the way you do and hear the worries about your bills, medical care, to include our lustrous insurance, knowing that these persons can demand more funds and then to see those demands get filled (and they are not only ones that got raises folks but that’s another subject)

Especially during a time to where we have been scrutinized about overtime, gas, raises, insurance that is almost double the national average.

I for one think these men and woman, whether in the jail or on the road, deserve the monies some of these ladies are getting. I am not trying to belittle anyone here. BUT, the fact is we spend our money on new cars, excess lights, equipment for our SWAT team, which NEVER trains, unneeded trucks when our traffic units have been begging for new ones that are PRACTICAL for years.

Insurance, simply put, has needed to have been fixed for years. I am lucky that I do not have the need for family coverage. However, paying 500 to 800 in some cases is just uncalled for. You know it can be better and you know WHO really controls that.

Let’s do the right thing, for the troops and their families on some of the other plans brought to light. Its there everyone, we just have to strive and push the issue with the county and some others but we can get it done.

Detention Staff, someone needs to monitor what is going on there. Those people are being run like a little Nazi boot camp… Out of sight out of mind, but they a voice and public opinion as well…. You better start listening to them as well. RW really does mean well but I hear a lot of stories… but yet it goes on…

Lastly, and I cannot believe I would ever say this because it will make my job a living nightmare…

Union…Its time…I support them fully in getting it started in place and operational. Your cars will NEVER be taken, these threats will be heard eventually in public and they will put a huge halt to that the first time someone has to drive past a wreck or tries to stop a fleeing felon in there POV. Not going to happen.

Remember this FACT please threats usually are given when the other party is fearful of something

Regardless, I will have no say so in the matter, but its time. I leave you now and walk back amongst you with my fake little smile and pretend like I have no clue this was written but I feel so much better for doing so. Stay strong all it will get better. We have a fine Department, everyone has its issues. I understand and fell yours and trust me I have mine even up here high and mighty.

PM, think this last thing over sir.

However, when we as command staff cannot see eye to eye or when we feel our opinions are better keep amongst us and we cant come to you due to personal issues, there is a problem. If half the people seeing this realized the going on behind closed doors here they would absolutely without a doubt apply some where else. We just lost a few great people, two of which I hated deeply to see go and would have them back in a minute.

How many more must go? I promise you this, more are.

01-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Well said feel4you You are So right!!!This is coming to a head and things WILL start to change, the question is how long can you all hang in there and how much interigation/humiliation can you take from the Mgmt!!
Stay Strong OCSO Deputies... Know that help is on the way!!! I like the comment about JW's raise and donating it to the indians and HOPING for a WINDFALL!!! CROOKED people come in last!!!! :P
Tomorrow is a new day closer to the better day's that are SURE to come!!!
PM Better get your ducks in a row, realize how many employees work at the department and realize that the community will now what's going on. You need to fight for your front line officers not your sitting at the desk PAPER PUSHERS... What are you thinking????

01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
OMG Feel4You2 thank you so much for those words. How enlightening!!! :idea:
We do have a wonderful family unit. Iheard recently that
"What you guys have is unheard of, the closeness"
Let's hold tight guys and hang in there. I see the light. It may be a long road but I see it.
You are so right!!! I have heard so many deputies that are so frustrated that they want quit. They have been putting in apps. at other agencies. Seminole Police Department just said that he had a stack of apps. on his desk and most of them were from OCSO.
Fight for what is right. Fight for food on your family's table, fight for better insurance, fight for us.

01-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I am very sure that there is so much that has not been told to us on teh front lines that we probably dont want to hear. Who aever you areyou seen to be a little higher up than my slcik sleeve so to you sir or mam I say... Thank you. I too think help is right around the corner....or just a vote away! :P

As well you brought up some great points, good to hear we on the bottom of the food chain are not the only ones... Corrections too I feel you guys !

01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Right on... they would be surprised!

bigboy
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Feel4You2, I agree with everything you said in your post, it was well written and I’m sure you mad a lot of people think, however the only thing I have a problem with is the fact that you’re giving the illusion that you’re someone other than your true self. You’re trying to show yourself as Lieutenant L.Y. It was a good attempt, but you made the mistake of overdoing it by making the statement, “Have fun I’ll be scheduling details for my guys to live off of”. Lt. L.Y never would have incriminated himself in the post especially knowing full well the sheriff’s and administration is reading the site. Everyone at the sheriff’s office knows the only person who schedules details for the deputies is Lt. L.Y. The site was made so law enforcement officers can give their opinion over an issue, without repercussions. Stop trying to implicate people as the writer to cause problems for them.

01-11-2008, 12:53 AM
I am not surprised to hear such a strong, touching, an intelligent statement come from one of our higherups. we have some of the best men and women in this field, in our department. how unfortunate that theymust be made afraid to speak openly to their people. these men and women are not afraid of PM. They are not afraid of losing their cars. They are not afraid of struggeling. They are not afraid of anything , that's why they do this job. However, in the past, these strong and honorable men and women have humbled themselve and summited to administrative tireny in the name of their families. Now that you have caused some of our most beloved brothers to leave our department, and we know more are willing to leave, we say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH....Now we are going to come together and do what we should have done a couple of years back. Dont be afraid my friends, if we lose our jobs for trying to make a better way for each other then so be it. we are use to barely getting by anyway. You know what they say? Its a lot easier for a poor guy to go without because he does not know what he is missing. Ha Ha! if we stand together we will win back our dignity. if we choose to be beaten we dont deserve dignity. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. STAND UP AND BE PROUD!

01-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Just so everyone is clear on this fact I will say that If Lt. LY thinks I was in any way implicating that I was him, then I am truly sorry. I was not.

I, for one, think it is up to every supervisor, whether in Narcotics, Road Patrol, Corrections, Courthouse Security or Detective Division to look out for their people first. LT LY may set up the details but it’s up to the supervisors of this Department, Department wide to look after the people under them.

When I made that statement I was refering to the fact that everytime I see the board has a new detail, or over hear of one. I will attempt to tell the people working for m before I will ever think of signing up myself. I think ANYONE at this office with rank should do the same; it is about taking care of the people that eventually will be taking care of you, that is all.

Deepest apologies if Lt. LY thought the post was an attempt to make him seem "shady" in any way. I hope that issue is now clear. For the record I believe he is one of the good guys. A little misled and hyperactive at times, as we all were once but non the less a great person to work
side by side with. :D

01-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Feel4You2, I agree with everything you said in your post, it was well written and I’m sure you mad a lot of people think, however the only thing I have a problem with is the fact that you’re giving the illusion that you’re someone other than your true self. You’re trying to show yourself as Lieutenant L.Y. It was a good attempt, but you made the mistake of overdoing it by making the statement, “Have fun I’ll be scheduling details for my guys to live off of”. Lt. L.Y never would have incriminated himself in the post especially knowing full well the sheriff’s and administration is reading the site. Everyone at the sheriff’s office knows the only person who schedules details for the deputies is Lt. L.Y. The site was made so law enforcement officers can give their opinion over an issue, without repercussions. Stop trying to implicate people as the writer to cause problems for them.

Bigboy, I disagree with you, Feel4You2 stated "Insurance, simply put, has needed to have been fixed for years. I am lucky that I do not have the need for family coverage. However, paying 500 to 800 in some cases is just uncalled for. You know it can be better and you know WHO really controls that." Now wee all know LY has a family and is a family man that would need family insurance that was affordable. It does sound like supervisor that cares that his men make enough to support their families. Now it could be one of ten to twelve men now. It does not matter who it is, it is a very good message that many of us feel the same way. It would be great if Paul shared the same feeling as Feel4You2, maybe we would have less problems within the department.

01-11-2008, 12:08 PM
I agree! Who ever wrote this message was not attempting to implicate anyone. i think he meant that while the brass sits back and schedules another golf date, he has to be more concerned with helping his shift get details because they cant afford to live any other way. Lighten up guys, we are all in this together and all we want is to be compensated for our time and shown a minimal amount of respect from the people we work for. God bless our department and God bless each one of us in our endeavor to make a positive change.

01-11-2008, 08:14 PM
:twisted: Hey guys I think rather than bashing people on different shifts, you should concentrate on the main issues and leave intenal issues internal. I for one support the union because everyone is going to prosper from it. Things like a step plan for D/S's, insurance, separate checks issued for comp time, and raises are what you should be talking about. For the record I too miss JN and totally understand as to why he left and find no fault in him for doing so. Remember you guys have to stay united to ensure you and family's future because trying times are ahead. Leave the shifts out of the forum and discuss what needs to be discussed. [/quote]

01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
:twisted: Hey guys I think rather than bashing people on different shifts, you should concentrate on the main issues and leave intenal issues internal. I for one support the union because everyone is going to prosper from it. Things like a step plan for D/S's, insurance, separate checks issued for comp time, and raises are what you should be talking about. For the record I too miss JN and totally understand as to why he left and find no fault in him for doing so. Remember you guys have to stay united to ensure you and family's future because trying times are ahead. Leave the shifts out of the forum and discuss what needs to be discussed. [/quote]

Agreed... Lets let it lie where it is guys. Individual issues need to stay where they are. Lets stick with the issues at hand.. And for teh record I miss him 2! Not the same without that laugh.. or back up!

01-11-2008, 09:45 PM

Angry1
Who are you to tell anyne on here what they can and cannot write about. After all, isn't that what this site is all about. Voicing your opionon on all matters within the OCSO. Chill out dude, don't be a king paul and let the people speak thier minds.

01-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Here we go...The kindergarten " I can say what I want to say" crap. This forum was designed by people who want to empower O.C.S.O. employees with the knowledge and tools they need to be able to increase our salerys and benifits. I dont want to see anyone alienated from this sight nor do I want to see anyone humiliated by personal insults. Not when they are one of us. Each supervisor has their own style and some may jive with what you like and some may not. but Even if I dont like my Cpl., Sgt., or Lt., I still respect them for the service they have given. We are Deputys and we are held to a higher standard because we can take the heat of temptation and not become the bad guy. Remember that you are honorable and descent and dont let this forum make you just another big mouth with a bad attitude. Lets make positive changes for our future and stick together no matter what. God bless our fight.

01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Here we go...The kindergarten " I can say what I want to say" crap. This forum was designed by people who want to empower O.C.S.O. employees with the knowledge and tools they need to be able to increase our salerys and benifits. I dont want to see anyone alienated from this sight nor do I want to see anyone humiliated by personal insults. Not when they are one of us. Each supervisor has their own style and some may jive with what you like and some may not. but Even if I dont like my Cpl., Sgt., or Lt., I still respect them for the service they have given. We are Deputys and we are held to a higher standard because we can take the heat of temptation and not become the bad guy. Remember that you are honorable and descent and dont let this forum make you just another big mouth with a bad attitude. Lets make positive changes for our future and stick together no matter what. God bless our fight.

Sorry king paul...I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't know you were responding to the comments made here

01-11-2008, 11:06 PM

LONG LIVE KING PAUL!!!!!

01-12-2008, 01:10 AM
:twisted: Hey guys I think rather than bashing people on different shifts, you should concentrate on the main issues and leave intenal issues internal. I for one support the union because everyone is going to prosper from it. Things like a step plan for D/S's, insurance, separate checks issued for comp time, and raises are what you should be talking about. For the record I too miss JN and totally understand as to why he left and find no fault in him for doing so. Remember you guys have to stay united to ensure you and family's future because trying times are ahead. Leave the shifts out of the forum and discuss what needs to be discussed.

LONG LIVE KING PAUL!!!!![/quote]

Dont you foget the knights of the "Round Table" now.... Or should we start calling them the Knights of Ni.... Like the "Life of Brain" (Monty Hall Film for you younger gals and guys...) movie

I Say 2 You OCSO
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
:twisted: Hey guys I think rather than bashing people on different shifts, you should concentrate on the main issues and leave intenal issues internal. I for one support the union because everyone is going to prosper from it. Things like a step plan for D/S's, insurance, separate checks issued for comp time, and raises are what you should be talking about. For the record I too miss JN and totally understand as to why he left and find no fault in him for doing so. Remember you guys have to stay united to ensure you and family's future because trying times are ahead. Leave the shifts out of the forum and discuss what needs to be discussed.

Angry1
Who are you to tell anyne on here what they can and cannot write about. After all, isn't that what this site is all about. Voicing your opionon on all matters within the OCSO. Chill out dude, don't be a king paul and let the people speak thier minds.[/quote]

You are right in one area. This forum was formed for everyone to discuss issues effected their agency and ability to live. Not for someone to sit 6” behind a keyboard,(or possibly less :lol: ) hiding their identity and bash other officers. Yes will you now turn to me I’m sure of it. So lets get the air cleared. I’m not of the administration, and not PM, NS, JW, RW, or BM. I don’t get that well paid nor have that amount of decision-making power. I’m just a long-term employee trying to get by. Now enough about me, lets talk about you. You seem to have so good issues to talk about, I’m sure everyone that has a different option that you would like to be referred to as king or etc. You personal attaches are so well though out and if it ever turn to someone attaching you by name, there would no problem in your little mind about it would there? ***Everyone should be able to whatever they feel like here remember***. Everyone has good and bad things they do. Be careful that your bad ones don’t find you out. Someone with low self esteem and self-pride exhibited by attaching someone else by name is the first signs of a person with issues. We all know that your and your friend are not people like that, right!!! Now that this is clear lets all just get along and not fight among ourselves and stay with the problems for the livelihood of this agencies officers. Low pay, no step-program, and other benefits.

01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
:twisted: First of all I am not PM nor am I connected to the adminstration in any way but thanks to all who obviously think I need to be, maybe then i could obviously get a decent raise and afford things. :evil: The only thing I was trying to do is attempt to get everyone, by that I mean all of the voting parties, concentrated on the task at hand and rather than bashing one another. Do I think certain people do less of a job then they should, h**l yes i do. Do I think the D/S's are unpaid and are well overdue for something much more than a bonus that you have to pay back if you leave the department, another h*** yes. Again, I wasn't trying to tell anyone what they could or couldn't talk about but rather just trying to get people to think about solving the bigger issus within the department. Like reaching out to contacts in other agencies to get their step plans, problems they have run into with trying to implement such programs, and etc. My apology for offending anybody.

01-12-2008, 09:26 PM

LONG LIVE KING PAUL!!!!!

Dont you foget the knights of the "Round Table" now.... Or should we start calling them the Knights of Ni.... Like the "Life of Brain" (Monty Hall Film for you younger gals and guys...) movie[/quote]

Ni..Ni..Ni.Ni, Yes there are several of his Niers, but it is almost time for several of his watch command staff to take off their shoes. You see when there is another candidate in the picture. These few mid to upper management personal will take off their shoes and with their owls feet jump up on that fence and there they will be perched back up on the fence once again. But for now they are still your Niers Sheriff.

01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
:twisted: First of all I am not PM nor am I connected to the adminstration in any way but thanks to all who obviously think I need to be, maybe then i could obviously get a decent raise and afford things. :evil: The only thing I was trying to do is attempt to get everyone, by that I mean all of the voting parties, concentrated on the task at hand and rather than bashing one another. Do I think certain people do less of a job then they should, h**l yes i do. Do I think the D/S's are unpaid and are well overdue for something much more than a bonus that you have to pay back if you leave the department, another h*** yes. Again, I wasn't trying to tell anyone what they could or couldn't talk about but rather just trying to get people to think about solving the bigger issus within the department. Like reaching out to contacts in other agencies to get their step plans, problems they have run into with trying to implement such programs, and etc. My apology for offending anybody.

No prob dude, all is good...just let the peeps vent on whatever bothers them...if it's a supervisor thats bothering them and the peeps vent then the supervisor might learn what he or she had done wrong to upset the employee. Is'nt being happy at work one of the things we are trying to achieve. Don't take me wrong, I have no problems with my sup's but someone might have something constructive to add.

01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
As a former employee.. I feel your pain.. but keep this in mind.. You voted for him.. I tried to tell as many of my friends still there to vote for Levins, not PM..

01-13-2008, 01:15 AM

Angry1
Who are you to tell anyne on here what they can and cannot write about. After all, isn't that what this site is all about. Voicing your opionon on all matters within the OCSO. Chill out dude, don't be a king paul and let the people speak thier minds.

You are right in one area. This forum was formed for everyone to discuss issues effected their agency and ability to live. Not for someone to sit 6” behind a keyboard,(or possibly less :lol: ) hiding their identity and bash other officers. Yes will you now turn to me I’m sure of it. So lets get the air cleared. I’m not of the administration, and not PM, NS, JW, RW, or BM. I don’t get that well paid nor have that amount of decision-making power. I’m just a long-term employee trying to get by. Now enough about me, lets talk about you. You seem to have so good issues to talk about, I’m sure everyone that has a different option that you would like to be referred to as king or etc. You personal attaches are so well though out and if it ever turn to someone attaching you by name, there would no problem in your little mind about it would there? ***Everyone should be able to whatever they feel like here remember***. Everyone has good and bad things they do. Be careful that your bad ones don’t find you out. Someone with low self esteem and self-pride exhibited by attaching someone else by name is the first signs of a person with issues. We all know that your and your friend are not people like that, right!!! Now that this is clear lets all just get along and not fight among ourselves and stay with the problems for the livelihood of this agencies officers. Low pay, no step-program, and other benefits.[/quote]

Okay, perhaps you win and I lose... but I doubt it. Please do me a favor though, if you don't mind. Please proof read your input before sending it. Your making the Deputies of OCSO appear illiterate.

01-13-2008, 01:38 AM
I am a former OCSO Deputy, and the only advice I can give you guys is get out of there, there are so many better opportunities, trust me I left and will never look back. I have been gone for five years, and make in 4 months what it took me a year to make there. Come over to Palm Beach So its great, and you can even take your car to Okeechobee if you want to continue to live there. :D

01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
As a former employee.. I feel your pain.. but keep this in mind.. You voted for him.. I tried to tell as many of my friends still there to vote for Levins, not PM..

O god... dont start that one TL... Yeah that would be SUCH a treat... Right ow I'd Take "Michael" from Pogeys over these clowns. At least he remeber the dates he said he would do things under and keep to that timeline...

01-14-2008, 12:34 AM
8) I am elated to see that the negative, personal comments have almost stopped. You see, that is what "they" wanted. They want us to fight amongst ourselves; to wedge a "bar" (so to speak) between us.

We need to stay a "unified" front!! OCSO LEO's need to stick together for themselves and family. I am one of you. Yes, I have worked in the jail and know exaclty what they are talking about over there. I hope with our change, yours will come soon! I am not rank and will not pretend to be. I feel that trying to make people think you are something you are not is childish and ignorant.

You all realize that comments are being made on this site by administration, deputies, detectives, detention deputies, and, those that no longer work here. But what is funny, is if you check the other sites and other agencies, there are people who come on as one person, make a statement and then sign on as another name and rebutt the first statement. So called "devils' advocate"??

I love people with split personalities.!! LOL... MOD 1 is banning people that are doing this form of "s..t stirring". So, be who you are, and don't try to infer you are someone else. I know for a fact that no one on the earlier mentioned shift would lack the intelligence to "down" their superiors, knowing it is being read. I know those guys. But, nice try from the "jackel" that is keeping the pot stirred.

So keep your heads up and watch your backs. The main issues are better pay, affordable insurance, equal pay raises and step-plan. The other issues will fall into play with those. Stick together and we will get it done.

Oh, one more thing. To the "informer": Did you forget to let the Sheriff know that you too have been "hyping" the Union and have been on this site, posting?? HHHHMMMMM, just thought I'd remind you!

And last but not least, I am sure I will get "slammed" as soon as I submit this. That is fine... I hope I have spelled everything right for a prior "Guest" that could only think to "down" a person's quote based on spelling and a few missed words. I am sure we are not all "professors" like you are. I tried to be eloquent. But the basic points that "I Say to You OCSO" was trying to make, came across as good, strong valid opinions. So give that person some slack. If you could'nt find anything negative about his view, chill out. :lol: Stay safe guys and girls!!

01-14-2008, 12:51 AM
8) I am elated to see that the negative, personal comments have almost stopped. You see, that is what "they" wanted. They want us to fight amongst ourselves; to wedge a "bar" (so to speak) between us.

We need to stay a "unified" front!! OCSO LEO's need to stick together for themselves and family. I am one of you. Yes, I have worked in the jail and know exaclty what they are talking about over there. I hope with our change, yours will come soon! I am not rank and will not pretend to be. I feel that trying to make people think you are something you are not is childish and ignorant.

You all realize that comments are being made on this site by administration, deputies, detectives, detention deputies, and, those that no longer work here. But what is funny, is if you check the other sites and other agencies, there are people who come on as one person, make a statement and then sign on as another name and rebutt the first statement. So called "devils' advocate"??

I love people with split personalities.!! LOL... MOD 1 is banning people that are doing this form of "s..t stirring". So, be who you are, and don't try to infer you are someone else. I know for a fact that no one on the earlier mentioned shift would lack the intelligence to "down" their superiors, knowing it is being read. I know those guys. But, nice try from the "jackel" that is keeping the pot stirred.

So keep your heads up and watch your backs. The main issues are better pay, affordable insurance, equal pay raises and step-plan. The other issues will fall into play with those. Stick together and we will get it done.

Oh, one more thing. To the "informer": Did you forget to let the Sheriff know that you too have been "hyping" the Union and have been on this site, posting?? HHHHMMMMM, just thought I'd remind you!

And last but not least, I am sure I will get "slammed" as soon as I submit this. That is fine... I hope I have spelled everything right for a prior "Guest" that could only think to "down" a person's quote based on spelling and a few missed words. I am sure we are not all "professors" like you are. I tried to be eloquent. But the basic points that "I Say to You OCSO" was trying to make, came across as good, strong valid opinions. So give that person some slack. If you could'nt find anything negative about his view, chill out. :lol: Stay safe guys and girls!!

Very nicely written...I think you are a person of rank..if not you should be.

01-14-2008, 06:29 PM

Very nicely written...I think you are a person of rank..if not you should be.

Or was ... :twisted: :D

01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Silent Partner... Right on My friend. Vote "Yes" to the union and to the unity of our department.

UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL!!!!

mod 483
01-15-2008, 02:11 AM
To all, I have recently obtained the program necessary to delete any post violations. I deleted several posts that were in violation. The posts were personal attacks using initials including the shift name. Please do not use the site for personal attacks towards other persons for personal satisfaction. Remember the rules of use for the site. If the same person continues to violate the rules, not saying this is going to be the case, that person is subject to being banned from the site. Overall everyone using the site is keeping within the rules. This is a new site for me and OCSO so read the rules again and confirm you’re not in violation before submitting the post. Thanks

01-15-2008, 02:28 AM
I know that everyone has a need for pay increases and a step plan, with other briefs. BUT WHAT OF THE RADIO SYSTEM? I know we were told of the grant the SO recieved for the radio system. But they said it was still up to late this year before a selection would be made. Yes, they finally got the grant. But, what of the monies PM turned back the first year of his term. Also, why so long for the selection process. WHAT has NS and his sidekick BM been working on? Should they not aready have enough info and the selection made, IT HAS BEEN THREE YEARS OF THEIR HARD WORK. hahaha OH, I forgot BM is so over worked that he just needs more time to make the right selection. Even if no one knows what his job is. Maybe JW just has not had her say yet.

01-15-2008, 03:24 AM
I know that everyone has a need for pay increases and a step plan, with other briefs. BUT WHAT OF THE RADIO SYSTEM? I know we were told of the grant the SO recieved for the radio system. But they said it was still up to late this year before a selection would be made. Yes, they finally got the grant. But, what of the monies PM turned back the first year of his term. Also, why so long for the selection process. WHAT has NS and his sidekick BM been working on? Should they not aready have enough info and the selection made, IT HAS BEEN THREE YEARS OF THEIR HARD WORK. hahaha OH, I forgot BM is so over worked that he just needs more time to make the right selection. Even if no one knows what his job is. Maybe JW just has not had her say yet.

Just to catch you up on new about 8 to 9 months old... They had the money ear marked, gave it back and a FORMER employee of the county took it upon themselves to spend it some where else... Just so you know... THAT is NOT their fault on that one brother... Next...

01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I have respected an earlier post about not wanting administrators on this site. But since you brought me into this let me answer a few things about the radio system. Also, if you were truly concerned you could have come and asked me.

The County hired a consulting firm to assist in obtaining a County Radio System not a Sheriff's Office Radio System. The Sheriff could not afford to make the purchase alone because the estimated cost of either system is approximately 5 million dollars. The County put in for a PSIC grant which comes from Region 6 our Homeland Security Region. The Region received approximately 4.5 million dollars, we were scored high on our application but no funds have been awarded, and with whatever funds are awarded the County has to produce a 20% match.

As far as the money that was ear marked, that was a request by the Sheriff, he has no control over what the County does with the funds at the end of the year. Also, the money that was ear marked would not have even paid for the radios. As far as the selection, it is down to 2 systems MA/COM or Motorola. It will be the County's final decision the 6 other agencies simply make recommendations.

Hopefully, this will be my first and last post and I would appreciate it if you are so concerned about the radio system or what I do come ask me. Notice, I have no problem putting my name on here.

01-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I have respected an earlier post about not wanting administrators on this site. But since you brought me into this let me answer a few things about the radio system. Also, if you were truly concerned you could have come and asked me.

The County hired a consulting firm to assist in obtaining a County Radio System not a Sheriff's Office Radio System. The Sheriff could not afford to make the purchase alone because the estimated cost of either system is approximately 5 million dollars. The County put in for a PSIC grant which comes from Region 6 our Homeland Security Region. The Region received approximately 4.5 million dollars, we were scored high on our application but no funds have been awarded, and with whatever funds are awarded the County has to produce a 20% match.

As far as the money that was ear marked, that was a request by the Sheriff, he has no control over what the County does with the funds at the end of the year. Also, the money that was ear marked would not have even paid for the radios. As far as the selection, it is down to 2 systems MA/COM or Motorola. It will be the County's final decision the 6 other agencies simply make recommendations.

Hopefully, this will be my first and last post and I would appreciate it if you are so concerned about the radio system or what I do come ask me. Notice, I have no problem putting my name on here.

Notice, you have no problem putting your name here, because you share what ever the Sheriff and undersheriff’s opinions are. You will not have cross hairs leveled unto to you, as we have for voicing your opinions that differ from the administration. We express your opinions, and you, the administration use the computer system to track any one who posted an opinion on a department computer. And yes, people have been confronted by the administration. So the posting of our opinions and observations have slowed on this site, as the administration hoped it would by their threats and intimidation tactics. But do not think for minute that we still do not feel the same way. So post your name, because every one of us that share an opposite opinion of the administration our names are Cinderella. While you stand polished during the new conferences of the high profile cases, we sir are the red head step children that make those cases come to life in the middle of the night. So to you our name is Cinderella, we get the job done, we just want our night at the ball, this can be done by addressing our requests for better pay, and better benefits not trying to quiet our voice.

01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
:o You have got to be kidding me! The Admin seriously brought people in and confronted them about what they wrote on a web site that was developed for officers to be able to speak WITHOUT fear. What the **** happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, isn't that what our country fought for and has been implemented since our forefathers. I know you can't reply, because you would only be on the hot seat again. I understand being upset about some of the post written on this site, but for the most part they are true.

02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
:o You have got to be kidding me! The Admin seriously brought people in and confronted them about what they wrote on a web site that was developed for officers to be able to speak WITHOUT fear. What the **** happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, isn't that what our country fought for and has been implemented since our forefathers. I know you can't reply, because you would only be on the hot seat again. I understand being upset about some of the post written on this site, but for the most part they are true.

Believe it its true... I heard the yelling out of King Paul form down the hall. Then I saw the "defective" come running out with his tail tucked .... "Yesa boss... I's find out fo yo boss".... Ridiculous at best !!

02-07-2008, 12:51 PM

Believe it its true... I heard the yelling out of King Paul form down the hall. Then I saw the "defective" come running out with his tail tucked .... "Yesa boss... I's find out fo yo boss".... Ridiculous at best !!

Say it aint so boss...