PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Deputy Turner

01-10-2008, 12:21 AM
I wish to express my appreciation to Deputy Carlton Turner for a job well done during the I-4 disaster today. An angel was on your shoulder for sure. I was not present, but after watching the news and hearing your Sheriff explain your ordeal, it is nothing short of a miracle that you are still with us.
You are a true hero for running into the face of danger to rescue those you could. I am proud to call you a fellow Law Enforcement Brother. Today you showed true courage and the ability to make clear, concise decisions during a most stressful situation. One that none of us ever want to endure. Congratulations and thank you for a job well done! Stay safe....everyone!

01-11-2008, 02:46 AM
I'll second that motion!!!

01-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah, lets see . . . in one report it says that he said "I laid down in my car to be protected while cars were being hit", then Corky is on TV saying that he was pulling victims out of harms way - which is it?

01-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Guest, You obviously never put yourself in harms way. Were you there?? Probably not!! First in foremost I don't think a single deputy can stop vehicles (i.e. semis) sliding out of control or crashing into each other. So, if Turner did lay down to protect himself as the disaster unfolded, I would say that would be a logical thing to do. Once the vehicles came to rest he then sprung into action.

I'm sure this all occurred while you were lying in bed with your buzz light year pajamas on, playing with your woody.. Have a great day, and enjoy the rest of your pathetic life

01-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Yeah, lets see . . . in one report it says that he said "I laid down in my car to be protected while cars were being hit", then Corky is on TV saying that he was pulling victims out of harms way - which is it?

No what Sheriff Judd said after Deputy Turner struck another vehicle he immediately got out to render aid, however, vehicles were still crashing around him so he entered back into his vehicle to prevent from being killed or seriously injured once the crashing stopped around him, he exited back out of his vehicle and attempted to rescue people. If youre going to slam someone make sure that you know what happened.. Bay News 9 repeated that every 2 minutes.

Turner, you are a great guy, I do work with you (not on your shift) and I'm sorry you saw what you saw, I dont wish that upon anyone. You take the time that you need and when you are ready to come back, we will be waiting for you. I support you 110%

01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Good job, bro!

01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Great Job Dep. Turner! You handled yourself exemplary under extreme stress and kep yourself calm while attempting to ascertain the situation. I am sure your actions saved many people.

01-13-2008, 02:48 AM
sounds like he did his job . wtf / not a f'k hero

01-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Dont think anyone called him a "f'ing hero" you buttwhipe. Simply said "good job".

01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
sounds like he did his job . wtf / not a f'k hero

Don't you know that it takes a "Hero" to be a COP, a Firefighter, a Doctor, a Soldier or any career that may require someone to go above and beyond their expectations of duty? Which in this incident is the case. He could have waited until the danger subsided and rescued people after the fact, to be safe and go home to his family. But he "Chose" to take action while the cars were still crashing. An example of this would be Columbine High. Deputies could have gone inside to help save people, but "Chose" to remain outside. An act we have all learned from and policies have been rewritten because of.

The definition of "Hero" refers to characters that, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self-sacrifice that is, heroism, for some greater good, originally of martial courage or excellence but extended to more general moral excellence. The literal meaning of the word is "protector", "defender" or "guardian".

Not every Law Enforcement Officer in the world displays "Moral excellence" or would make this sacrifice, and each has to live with their decisions. What would you have done my friend? You too could have been called "Hero" for making the moral decision to place yourself in harm's way to save the lives of others. Be safe EVERYONE!

01-13-2008, 07:25 PM
[quote="guest 219":2ug47p6i]sounds like he did his job . wtf / not a f'k hero

Don't you know that it takes a "Hero" to be a COP, a Firefighter, a Doctor, a Soldier or any career that may require someone to go above and beyond their expectations of duty? Which in this incident is the case. He could have waited until the danger subsided and rescued people after the fact, to be safe and go home to his family. But he "Chose" to take action while the cars were still crashing. An example of this would be Columbine High. Deputies could have gone inside to help save people, but "Chose" to remain outside. An act we have all learned from and policies have been rewritten because of.

The definition of "Hero" refers to characters that, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self-sacrifice that is, heroism, for some greater good, originally of martial courage or excellence but extended to more general moral excellence. The literal meaning of the word is "protector", "defender" or "guardian".

Not every Law Enforcement Officer in the world displays "Moral excellence" or would make this sacrifice, and each has to live with their decisions. What would you have done my friend? You too could have been called "Hero" for making the moral decision to place yourself in harm's way to save the lives of others. Be safe EVERYONE![/quote:2ug47p6i]

amen! my thoughts exactly!!! why do people get on here and act like douchebags?????