PDA

View Full Version : Certified POlice Offcier Positions, Is it True?

guest1969
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
I heard you guys were on a hiring freeze, but I heard that the WMPD was going to hire for a couple of certified police offcier positions soon, is this true. How soon do you think before the freeze is listed?

01-11-2008, 04:01 AM
I heard you guys were on a hiring freeze, but I heard that the WMPD was going to hire for a couple of certified police offcier positions soon, is this true. How soon do you think before the freeze is listed?

If you mean lifted not for a long time. With the Jan 29 vote coming up, everybody is concerned that the possibility of layoffs will come about if the tax vote passes. Some cities will fold ( West Park being one) and others will go to the Sheriffs office before October 1. Right now everything is on hold.

01-11-2008, 12:10 PM

If you mean lifted not for a long time. With the Jan 29 vote coming up, everybody is concerned that the possibility of layoffs will come about if the tax vote passes. Some cities will fold ( West Park being one) and others will go to the Sheriffs office before October 1. Right now everything is on hold.Asia was a great band in the 80's But dont get caught up in the heat of the moment!!!!

I never meant to be so bad to you
One thing I said that I would never do
One look from you and I would fall from grace
And that would wipe this smile right from my face

Do you remember when we used to dance
And incidence arose from circumstance
One thing lead to another we were young
And we would scream together songs unsung

[Chorus:]
It was the heat of the moment
Telling me what your heart meant
Heat of the moment shone in your eyes

And now you find yourself in 82
The disco hotspots hold no charm for you
You can't concern yourself with bigger things
You catch the pearl and ride the dragon's wings

And when your looks are gone and you're alone
How many nights you sit beside the phone
What were the things you wanted for yourself
Teenage ambition you remember well

01-31-2008, 05:35 AM
Luke is done lets all move on. Even if we do not have enough people to get a proper squad together lets fool all the citizens that think we really patrol the city. :lol:

02-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Isn't Wilton Manors just a nice part of FORT LAUD?

02-04-2008, 05:01 AM
It's lovely.

02-04-2008, 02:19 PM

Wilton Manors is a nice city all by its little self...located next to Fort Lauderdale.

02-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Wilton Manors is a nice city all by its little self...located next to Fort Lauderdale.

I see Fort Laud Police in Wilton Manors all the time. Makin traffic stops and whatever. Fort Laud doesn't handle Wilton?

02-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Luke is done lets all move on. Even if we do not have enough people to get a proper squad together lets fool all the citizens that think we really patrol the city. :lol:

We do not patrol the cityanymore. We put decoy cars on wilton drive to fool the citizens of the island city that we actually patrol the city anymore and care about traffic enforcement. Everybody knows that someone is going to get run over or smashed along the drive, probably around Sidelines Bar or NE 6 ave, very shortly because we cannot properly staff a squad or staff special events due to lack of having enough qualified cops to service an event. The cones are a joke. Why do you think we had to call FLPD to help us with the Gay Fest Hallooween Event along Wilton Drive. Even they were disgusted to what the children who attended the event were exposed to in regards to open sexual activity. But if you are paid enough to work an event you shut your eyes. The citizens have no idea how the lack of police protection is affecting the qualilty of life in a negative fashion.

02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
[quote="On NE 29 St":mmrh3vo7]Luke is done lets all move on. Even if we do not have enough people to get a proper squad together lets fool all the citizens that think we really patrol the city. :lol:

We do not patrol the cityanymore. We put decoy cars on wilton drive to fool the citizens of the island city that we actually patrol the city anymore and care about traffic enforcement. Everybody knows that someone is going to get run over or smashed along the drive, probably around Sidelines Bar or NE 6 ave, very shortly because we cannot properly staff a squad or staff special events due to lack of having enough qualified cops to service an event. The cones are a joke. Why do you think we had to call FLPD to help us with the gay Fest Hallooween Event along Wilton Drive. Even they were disgusted to what the children who attended the event were exposed to in regards to open sexual activity. But if you are paid enough to work an event you shut your eyes. The citizens have no idea how the lack of police protection is affecting the qualilty of life in a negative fashion.[/quote:mmrh3vo7]

:? :?:

02-09-2008, 06:27 PM

I see Fort Laud Police in Wilton Manors all the time. Makin traffic stops and whatever. Fort Laud doesn't handle Wilton?

I thought BSO was going to take ove WMPD ... ?

02-09-2008, 06:33 PM
WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

02-09-2008, 06:36 PM
City Counselman

02-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Fort Lauderdale does not handle Wilton Manors and Wilton Manors does not handle Fort Lauderdale. But both agencies work together at times "mutual aide agreement" and Wilton Manors and Fort Lauderdale Police are dispatched on the same radio. When a violation is observed in FTLD by a FTLD cop, they can follow the vehicle until it's safe to make a stop even if it's in Wilton Manors. The same goes for Wilton Manors in Fort Lauderdale. Could you imagine the criminals who would cross into Wilton Manors from Fort Lauderdale and turn to the FLPD Officer with their tongue sticking out screaming nanny nanny boo boo you can't catch me? LOL.

02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Fort Lauderdale does not handle Wilton Manors and Wilton Manors does not handle Fort Lauderdale. But both agencies work together at times "mutual aide agreement" and Wilton Manors and Fort Lauderdale Police are dispatched on the same radio. When a violation is observed in FTLD by a FTLD cop, they can follow the vehicle until it's safe to make a stop even if it's in Wilton Manors. The same goes for Wilton Manors in Fort Lauderdale. Could you imagine the criminals who would cross into Wilton Manors from Fort Lauderdale and turn to the FLPD Officer with their tongue sticking out screaming nanny nanny boo boo you can't catch me? LOL.

Thank you Officer

02-09-2008, 10:04 PM

Thank you

02-09-2008, 10:15 PM
BSO is comin to town baby!

02-10-2008, 02:28 AM

Who said?

02-10-2008, 07:18 AM

Who said?

City Couselman

02-10-2008, 01:14 PM