PDA

View Full Version : FHP; law enforcement

01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Help me understand LE Bros/Sis;

Florida is probably in the top 10 most populated in the nation. It seems to be a fairly affluent well to do state. I'm sure its in the top 10 for traffic and crime in the Nation.

In order to be a Trooper there is a 12 step process. I'm a pretty decent guy, family man, business man etc. etc... I might have puffed a doob, or got in some trouble while on spring break in Daytona to me thats normal stuff. I am amazed at the hoops you gotta jump through to qualify for FHP.

Clean life; check
Good credit; check
Poly; check
No felonies; check
Psych eval; check
30 weeks training; check

I'm sure I missed some qualifiactions but anyway; for all this clean living and effort, you are offered around 34K????? What a fargin' crime/joke!

That dude in Chicago (Peterson) that killed 2 wives is making like 5K monthly on a pension? Thats 2X the monthly for active duty FHP. What the heck is going on in the great state of Florida? I think in Ohio a trooper makes like 50K annually? I think the take home for FHP is around 2300.00 monthly.........I"m sorry bro's/sis's of law enforcement, I think you guys are worth about 5K monthly Net! So, when I double your salary, it still is not that much money, or even Pertersons' pension. ( he was a Sgt right?)

01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Florida is the number 4 most populated state and equally as wealthy. I agree with everything you say. I have no idea why FL pays so crappy. We are number 49 out of 49 state police/state patrol/highway patrol agencies when it comes to pay after 5 years. I have been on 4 years and I made $40,490 in 2007 including over $3,000 in overtime and uniform allowances. In my home state I would be making almost $55,000 base pay after 4 years (time to move back). I stopped a guy once for speeding and he was on an inmate release status for robbery, so he is a convicted felon. He is a manager at a local Dodge dealer and probably making much more money than myself. I have lived a clean, well respected life and I have nothing but misery and poverty to show for it by working with FHP.

BTW....SGT Peterson is making $6,000 a month in pension!!!!! That means he was making well over $80,000 a year while on duty as a SGT.

01-09-2008, 12:23 AM
That Sgt. "Peter"son is a murderer and a LOOSER...... me however I'm am a Florida State Trooper with a clean nose and a great work ethic. I make 36,000 a year (10-8) , he makes triple that not 10-8. What is wrong with this world ? Is that guy 10-15 or what I've not kept up w/ the story lately ? If he's not 10-15 I hope I could 10-15 him sometime down here in Florida. :evil:

01-09-2008, 02:46 AM
BROTHER, I WAS A FLORIDA STATE TROOPER FOR 5 YEARS AND LEFT BECAUSE OF THE PAY, YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME. I AM NOW WORKING FOR A LOCAL PD, AND MAKE 61K BASE AND MADE 69K WITH OT NOT INCLUDING OFF DUTY. I STILL DIDN'T WORK CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT OF HOURS WHEN I WAS A TROOPER. I HEARD THAT THERE ARE ABOUT 20 TROOPERS LEAVING TROOP E, AND GOING TO LOCAL DEPARTMENT. GOOD FOR THEM. I AM SURPRISED THAT FHP STILL IS STILL AROUND. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU TROOPERS, BECAUSE YOU REALLY DONT GET PAID ENOUGH. YOU SHOULD ALL LEAVE AND LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF TALLAHASSEE.

01-09-2008, 03:07 AM
I got a story about my first day; I was out of state. I went a day early and found the FHP academy. Then I got a hotel room a couple minutes away. I must say that the map I got was horrendous (bad spelling, bad map).............So, I showed up at 6:30 am just like the paper said....That is about the time Capt 'Crotta starts his speech about being on time, and finding the place.......Capt. C. was giving the speech about being on time, and truthfullness, and integrity, and about being on time, and about being on time, and about being on time........Thats about the time when some cat came in that looked like the "sweed" in that Eastwood movie. Anyway, this mofo was big! He showed up 30minutes late, and threw his map on the table and said; " thats the map I got"....I mean this guy was big and scary............It would have taken bird pellets to subdue the guy! I mean he was big!

It took me a plane and a rental car and a hotel and a google map to find the FHP academy......I was on time and bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30am................

01-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Your numbers on Troop E are close. Nonetheless, a large group will be
departing the underpaid ranks of FHP. I am currently trying to
put together a sucessful exit myself. Wasted six years of my life
with FHP. Many of the other troops are good people. We have a few moron
supervisors, but nothing like the supervisory problems in Troop C.

01-09-2008, 03:15 AM
I was in the golf business, we had a moron supervisor, we begged for his oust..........the new guy was a putz, and a robot, ex-jock footballer with a bad knee, and a chip........I hate to see guys *****ing about supervision, just do your job bro.