PDA

View Full Version : King Paul

01-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Hey guys maybe we are all wrong about the $7000. women. Na everyone can see it it is plane as day, Now in the words of the $7000.00 secretary, you should all be glad you have a job and that the Sheriff lets you work for him. It is a privilege for you to work for them, if you do not believe it wait for another memo from the Sheriff that is written by her uneducated self. King Paul just signs her memos.

01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Lets get back to the real need. That is the LEOs to get more money and not always a part of the raises going to the administrative assistants. The admin. assistants is close to the highest paid in Okeechobee. The LEOs are the lowest paid around. What is the real issue here is not who is running for Office. It is the pay and the treatment of the officers. Who will start fighting for the LEOs????

01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
King Paul has openly said that if the reason the County Fire received their raise was the union, then he would want to vote the union in his self. I wonder if he still feels this way or was that just propaganda for his reelection campaign. Well, either way the eve is just about here that will dawn a new day at the office as the union is back, as he thought it would not be. In just a few days the new vote will bring the union to life and he will be notified by your true voice, the one that will stand up and protect us from Him.

01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
King Paul has openly said that if the reason The County Fire received their raise was the union, then he would want to vote the union in his self. I wonder if he still feels this way or was that just propaganda for his reelection campaign. Well, either way the eve is just about here that will dawn a new day at the office, as the union is back, as he thought it would not be. In just a few days the new vote will bring the union to life and he will be notified by your true voice, the one that will stand up and protect us from Him.

01-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I voted for the union last time and it did not work. What makes you think this time will be any differant. What are the requiremnents to be eligible to vote. Do you have to be a Deputy? Can cpls, Sgts, detectives etc vote. If so the OCSO will make it where they can't and you wont have enough votes.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT

01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, remember that speach right before the union was voteed out. PM had a mand. meeting where he told us that he was one of us and why did we want the union he could get us more than the union could. He said he was fighting for what we wanted. Well all I have got is several new colors of uniforms.

01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Money and benefits are fine issues within a union. Is the union going to be able to protect other issues such as take home cars and work schedule (8 hour or 12 hour shifts). Are they able to set guidlines on what the Sheriff needs to promote somone. I don't think so. They may be able to set guidlines for promotions but when it all boils down the Sheriff, or in Okeechobee's case, Spanky, will have the final say on all matters. Just be carfeful on what you wish for. Money ain't everything

01-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Money and benefits are fine issues within a union. Is the union going to be able to protect other issues such as take home cars and work schedule (8 hour or 12 hour shifts). Are they able to set guidlines on what the Sheriff needs to promote somone. I don't think so. They may be able to set guidlines for promotions but when it all boils down the Sheriff, or in Okeechobee's case, Spanky, will have the final say on all matters. Just be carfeful on what you wish for. Money ain't everything

Be care what you wish for,
It is obvious to me that you are a man of rank with in the Sheriff’s Office, as these same topics were brought up last time by the Admin. They would take away the take home car, they would promote who ever was not for the union.

Understand that we are underpaid bottom line. We are losing senior men with many years experience, why because they have been here and see that the agency is in it darkest hour with King Paul. I have I feeling you are part of the Admin until you drop and then you will be worthless to them and you will see that they care not for the little man.

Be care what you wish for, yes you are right about that, because three years ago we wished that King Paul would be the man he said he would be, he failed miserably.

01-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Home Depot is hiring

01-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Sad but true, Home Depot pays more than Okeechobee SO.

01-08-2008, 02:14 AM
[quote="Be Careful What u Wish 4":2zfvhhmr]Money and benefits are fine issues within a union. Is the union going to be able to protect other issues such as take home cars and work schedule (8 hour or 12 hour shifts). Are they able to set guidlines on what the Sheriff needs to promote somone. I don't think so. They may be able to set guidlines for promotions but when it all boils down the Sheriff, or in Okeechobee's case, Spanky, will have the final say on all matters. Just be carfeful on what you wish for. Money ain't everything

Be care what you wish for,
It is obvious to me that you are a man of rank with in the Sheriff’s Office, as these same topics were brought up last time by the Admin. They would take away the take home car, they would promote who ever was not for the union.

Understand that we are underpaid bottom line. We are losing senior men with many years experience, why because they have been here and see that the agency is in it darkest hour with King Paul. I have I feeling you are part of the Admin until you drop and then you will be worthless to them and you will see that they care not for the little man.

Be care what you wish for, yes you are right about that, because three years ago we wished that King Paul would be the man he said he would be, he failed miserably.[/quote:2zfvhhmr]

Wishing for a better... I understand your desire to make more money and provide a better life for yourself and your family, who doesn't want that. Can I ask you this, when you were hired were you not told what you would be making? Did you not agree with this figure? Was this figure below the average starting wages of the other agencies in the area? I bet it was. However you chose to work at OCSO. Is this agency that bad. When I look around at the other Deputies walking around or hanging in the Deputy room, they dont appear upset or depressed. They're always joking around or horseplaying and cutting up. You were wrong by the way. I am a Deputy working regular shifts probably just like you. Do I wish I made more money. Yes I do. Money ain't everything. Ask those who have left for higher paying agencies and then came back to ours. One of those deputies came back from Seminole which definitly pays better than OCSO. Another recently came back from an agency on the coast. Why? Ask them. There is a price you pay to have the agency you have. Thats why I say, be careful what you wish for

01-08-2008, 02:41 AM
:? Can't we all just get along :wink: :cop:

01-08-2008, 03:34 AM
:evil: I know... all the "union" threats are resurfacing...Take our cars? Okay, King May can do that, but what about those people that are in the special units: ie: narcotics, dive team, SRT, detectives, search and rescue, etc. Those people are on call. The response time would be very slow if expected to have to go the the office to get a unit... and those that work 8 hours shifts... do you think it is just the "road" that is seeking support. NO, think again.....!!! 8)

01-08-2008, 04:03 AM
:lol: I guess someone needs to step up for Sheriff May. I feel he has done a good job in his first term but maybe he has made a few small mistakes but who has not. As far as a $7000.00 pay raise for anyone be glad for any person that gets a pay raise because most of you could not do that person’s job anyway.

I will be the first to say that I do not always agree with the Sheriff but the three stooges that left here are probably the ones mixing thing up for us and we let them do it. When everything is said and done Sheriff May will get re-elected by a land slide and then you will see the wolves come out for the next election. Sheriff, don’t worry your safe for the next four years so that means four more years at the hunting camp in Madison and playing cards and choir practice.

01-08-2008, 04:18 AM
:lol: I guess someone needs to step up for Sheriff May. I feel he has done a good job in his first term but maybe he has made a few small mistakes but who has not. As far as a $7000.00 pay raise for anyone be glad for any person that gets a pay raise because most of you could not do that person’s job anyway.

I will be the first to say that I do not always agree with the Sheriff but the three stooges that left here are probably the ones mixing thing up for us and we let them do it. When everything is said and done Sheriff May will get re-elected by a land slide and then you will see the wolves come out for the next election. Sheriff, don’t worry your safe for the next four years so that means four more years at the hunting camp in Madison and playing cards and choir practice.

I don't hunt or play cards and I cant sing.....I'm screwed!!!!

01-08-2008, 07:27 AM
maybe you should start so you will find something better to do with your time instead of starting gossip and rumors :

01-08-2008, 11:26 AM
this is all so crazy the back and forth, the bottom line, the truth is that the majority of the people there are unhappy with the job, definately unhappy with the pay, and you dare not say anything at work or else. there is an open door policy, however if you speak, it will never be the same. there are definate issues
the reason they still joke around is because you have to. life goes on, you cant be depressed 24/7 about how you are treated. i promise you outside of that SO the issues are talked about much more than within the walls. Employees are extreamly displeased

01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
If only the public knew how the county comm. lack in care or concern for the ones who protect them.
Yes this year we did receive new belts, because the Sheriff likes the leather look, we all received new glocks although most of us had them already, and we did get all green uniforms, yes you are getting some new cars although a lot are in dire need of life. Yes, Sheriff you have done some things however the same issue still lies. money! we are the lowest paid deputies around, bottom line.
There are a lot of things that have been done that are not so good, like the letter last year about how we should be so greatful that we got a pay check. and what about that you will buy a bullet proff vest however it is not top grade and if you want it to stop more than a 9 mm, well then you have to pay for it. And the cars if something is wrong and can't be figured out well they just put a black piece of electrical tape over the check engine light.
I give it to you though this is not just under this administration this has gone on through many administrations. I think that you have done some things but the money issue is huge, it was one of your first promises to us.
I write directly to you because I know that you are reading and some of the replies are things that I have heard directly from you. I will say that the moral is still low however it is better than the Miller admin.

01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
If only the public knew how the county comm. lack in care or concern for the ones who protect them.
Yes this year we did receive new belts, because the Sheriff likes the leather look, we all received new glocks although most of us had them already, and we did get all green uniforms, yes you are getting some new cars although a lot are in dire need of life. Yes, Sheriff you have done some things however the same issue still lies. money! we are the lowest paid deputies around, bottom line.
There are a lot of things that have been done that are not so good, like the letter last year about how we should be so greatful that we got a pay check. and what about that you will buy a bullet proff vest however it is not top grade and if you want it to stop more than a 9 mm, well then you have to pay for it. And the cars if something is wrong and can't be figured out well they just put a black piece of electrical tape over the check engine light.
I give it to you though this is not just under this administration this has gone on through many administrations. I think that you have done some things but the money issue is huge, it was one of your first promises to us.
I write directly to you because I know that you are reading and some of the replies are things that I have heard directly from you. I will say that the moral is still low however it is better than the Miller admin.

I agree, I don’t think anyone complains about the working conditions. Everyone seems to get along and takes care of each other; it is a fun place to work. The concern is pay and benefits. PM is not offering any incentive for the deputies, or any hope they will get a raise next year. If you’re happy with a bonus every year you’re an Idiot. Each year that passes my rate of pay per hour stays the same as the cost of living increases. Each year passing we fall behind on the pay scale. I am not one who will sit around and wait for PM to get me a raise. If you’re happy with your pay, you obviously work for the admin and make better money than the deputies.

01-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Listen here lawdawg, I understand that everyone likes to post their opinion, and everyone has the right to do so. However, I happen to know all the "3 stooges" you refer to, and I happen to know them quite well. Let me tell you, they were all awesome officers, and they all worked very hard to get where they were before they left the Sheriffs Office. You cant blame them for so many people being unhappy about working for an agency that doesnt value them as much as they value their "secretaries". These deputies risk their lives EVERYDAY. They should be compensated for it, and if Mr. May cared one bit about his deputies, he would be in the Commissioners Face telling them how much money he needs for his people to make a good living. However , hes not, he got enough money for him and his little clique, and thats all that matters to him. After all, if you've been following along, County Administrator Long handled the County monies quite well, and Okeechobee is one of the only counties in Florida who has such a fiscal abundance. Now there is the new gas tax... Where IS all the money going... We can afford an Agri Civic Center, but cant afford to pay our deputies what they are worth. So dont be talking down about people who left to make a better life for themselves or their families, they did what was best for them, and as for the Deputies who joke around and still laugh, thats because even in tough circumstances, they are still themselves, they arent going to cry the blues at the Sheriffs Office. People say there is an open door policy... whatever, thats so that people can come in and tell King Paul what he wants to hear, not for anything negative, and everone knows it. Sheriff May probably will get re-elected, but only because Deputies are too afraid to say publicly what they are thinking for fear of losing their jobs. This administration are a bunch of Bullies, and believe me Spanky is the worst of all. Hes like a spolied little child who has others do his dirty work for him, because hes too scared to do it himself. Back to the golfcourse, and play your little childish games.

01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
There are way too many issues that need to be addressed within the department. I do not work for the department but am aware of alot of the issues. Someone needs to step up and contact the union rep that you all dealt with last time and have a meeting. Maybe you can meet at the club house at the golf course, i'm sure you won't run into anyone. LOL.. Secondly, you keep mentioning that the county commission should step in but they have no jusrisdiction with the sheriff's dept. Sherrif doesn't have to listen to them. Now you may make a call to Robbie Chartier and see where she stands and if there is anything she can do to help or if the county has any say so in the matter. It is a crying shame that he would give his already overpaid secretary a $7000.00 pay raise, makes you wonder who else got one? Her husband runs the jail, wonder what his raise was. What a JOKE!!!! :wink: you're crooked. take care of your deputies PM!!! Don't count on another four years because I am sure you remember well that you did not beat out your other republican opponet by very much... I would love to see him come back and run against you again!! :lol:

01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
can I hear an Amen! (on the betterment of your family.
Hey I don't know about ya'll but I work to pay the bills.
I should be able to have some spending money and afford cable too.

01-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow,

Yes, I am one of the three Stooges that King Paul speaks of in his post. Yes, I was one of the ones who had a good job. Yes, I was one of the ones that was told what a great job I was doing, one of his finest officers as he put it one time.

Yet, when I chose to provide for my family, so that after my bills were paid I could afford to take my family on vacation or take my wife out to dinner I would be able to pay for it not on a credit card but the money that I earned. And lets not even get started on the insurance, yet I have heard that situation as deteriorated as well since we three have left. Yes, I was one of the ones that King Paul took it personal when I chose to leave, and again it is business nothing personal.

But no I have not posted everything in this site until now. That being said I have a lot of friends still left at the Sheriff’s Office to include Bull and Spanky and many others whom are underpaid. Let me tell you the only difference is the average officer in my new department makes about $69,000. a year after overtime and details. Some who choose to work more make $85,000. a year, and these are slick sleeves just like you and me. So I ask you did I make the right choice? Stay at a department that the Sheriff when you chose to leave will call you what he thinks you really are. Yes friends he will call each of you stooges to when you try to better yourself and it does not benefit him as that is apparent with the union coming back, he will once again tell you, you are wrong for wanting protection.

However, he is quick to say since he as been Sheriff you have received an 18 percent pay increase, but he stops there. Well since I’m a stooge for wanting better for my family well then let me finish were KING PAUL stops, between the insurance increases and the cost of living increases they total about 24 percent, so in all actuality you have received negative 6 percent during is tenure as the Sheriff. SO is the reason for deputies being so disgruntled because we left, I say no, he wants you to think we are behind the Deputies being unhappy about being underpaid. But none of the three that left ever went before the County Commission and laid down and settled for a bonus.

I also happen to know the King Paul does not golf. The two that do are Bull and Spanky and both of them do this on their time, not the Department time, so I would leave them out of your argument for more money. I have the utmost respect for Bull and Spanky and consider both true friends of mine. I hope they feel the same, but if me leaving made them change their mind then there is nothing that can change that I guess.

I wish all my friends luck, as you are going to need it when working for a man who chooses to run his office on his emotions at that time, rather than using reason and concern for all involved not just the perception of the public.

01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
you as officers and public servants to the citizens of okeechobee need to let them know what's happening there in your department. You can call the speak out or you can go to another forum like this one called www.newszap.com (http://www.newszap.com) many people in okeechobee read the things that are posted on there, as it is part of the okeechobee news. If I were you I would copy and paste your comments that are on here and put them in newszap. This way all can be informed not just the law enforcement people and of course KING PAUL and his QUEEN whom is monitoring it closely trying to figure out who is posting. :devil:

mod 483
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
xxxxxx

01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I find it hard to believe, that someone would throw up the fact that your Deputys knew what they were getting into whenever they came to be your employee. what we Thought we knew, was that if we worked hard and did a good job that we would be rewarded for it in due time. What we thought we knew was that we were working for a man true to his word when he said that he knew we were underpaid and that our salerysand our quality of life were a top priority for him. what we now know is that we have gotten into bed with the same ole' same ole'. lots of talk and little action. From reading some of the messeges, I feel as though you think we are here because we have no choice. How wrong you are.we are here because we love Okeechobee. we are here because our children go to school here and our parents are growing old here. we are here because we have grown up here and we belong here. and we are willing to fight for what is right. it is right for us to fight for the people of Okeechobee and there safety. It is right for us to protect your children and your familys. it is right that we spend our holidays looking out for your safety. it is right that we are there when your roofs collaps during a hurricane and it is right that we be paid enoughto at least afford groceries. i have heard that the reason we are not doing well financially is that we do not know how to budget our money. well i am not an Economics major, but i know that the average person can't live on 500 bucks a week. not when an average mortgage is 1000.00 a month and it cost approximately 150 a week in groceries and an average power bill is 150 a month. do the math. i dont see any room for clothing, medical or education , not to mention gas. i think we are shown little respect from our leaders in this department. furthermore i think if i don't hunt or go to cook offs, then im not in with the decision makers and therefore i am not concidered when decisions are made. How sad, because i know a bunch of intelligent, kind, decent men and women who would bend over backwards to help this community and its Sheriff, if only they were given the slightest pat on the back. if only you would look for the good in us instead of searching for the bad. if only you would stand behind us as a leader instead of standing on top of us. A little "Atta Boy" and a few extra dollars sure would go a long way in your quest for re-election.

01-08-2008, 09:41 PM
There are way too many issues that need to be addressed within the department. I do not work for the department but am aware of alot of the issues. Someone needs to step up and contact the union rep that you all dealt with last time and have a meeting. Maybe you can meet at the club house at the golf course, i'm sure you won't run into anyone. LOL.. Secondly, you keep mentioning that the county commission should step in but they have no jusrisdiction with the sheriff's dept. Sherrif doesn't have to listen to them. Now you may make a call to Robbie Chartier and see where she stands and if there is anything she can do to help or if the county has any say so in the matter. It is a crying shame that he would give his already overpaid secretary a $7000.00 pay raise, makes you wonder who else got one? Her husband runs the jail, wonder what his raise was. What a JOKE!!!! :wink: you're crooked. take care of your deputies PM!!! Don't count on another four years because I am sure you remember well that you did not beat out your other republican opponet by very much... I would love to see him come back and run against you again!! :lol:

Are you serious because "THE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS" has been the excuse we have all heard, as to why. IS that untrue as well?

01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I find it hard to believe, that someone would throw up the fact that your Deputys knew what they were getting into whenever they came to be your employee. what we Thought we knew, was that if we worked hard and did a good job that we would be rewarded for it in due time. What we thought we knew was that we were working for a man true to his word when he said that he knew we were underpaid and that our salerysand our quality of life were a top priority for him. what we now know is that we have gotten into bed with the same ole' same ole'. lots of talk and little action. From reading some of the messeges, I feel as though you think we are here because we have no choice. How wrong you are.we are here because we love Okeechobee. we are here because our children go to school here and our parents are growing old here. we are here because we have grown up here and we belong here. and we are willing to fight for what is right. it is right for us to fight for the people of Okeechobee and there safety. It is right for us to protect your children and your familys. it is right that we spend our holidays looking out for your safety. it is right that we are there when your roofs collaps during a hurricane and it is right that we be paid enoughto at least afford groceries. i have heard that the reason we are not doing well financially is that we do not know how to budget our money. well i am not an Economics major, but i know that the average person can't live on 500 bucks a week. not when an average mortgage is 1000.00 a month and it cost approximately 150 a week in groceries and an average power bill is 150 a month. do the math. i dont see any room for clothing, medical or education , not to mention gas. i think we are shown little respect from our leaders in this department. furthermore i think if i don't hunt or go to cook offs, then im not in with the decision makers and therefore i am not concidered when decisions are made. How sad, because i know a bunch of intelligent, kind, decent men and women who would bend over backwards to help this community and its Sheriff, if only they were given the slightest pat on the back. if only you would look for the good in us instead of searching for the bad. if only you would stand behind us as a leader instead of standing on top of us. A little "Atta Boy" and a few extra dollars sure would go a long way in your quest for re-election.

SO I GUESS YOU HAVE HEARD THE SAMETHINGS I HAVE!!!
"IT PISSES ME OFF THAT PEOPLE COME IN MY OFFICE AND COMPLAINT TO ME ABOUT NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY BUT THEY HAVE NICE CARS, WHAT IT IS YOU ALL DON'T HAVE YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT" Words from PM Mouth!
Is it not right that I have a dependable car!
SEE WHAT YOU GET IF YOU ASK ABOUT YOUR PAY CHECK!

01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Has anyone done the research and found out what the starting pay for road patrol deputies is in the surrounding counties?

Osceola?
Highlands?
Glades?
Martin?
Indian River?

01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Has anyone done the research and found out what the starting pay for road patrol deputies is in the surrounding counties?

Osceola?
Highlands?
Glades?
Martin?
Indian River?

Osceola: more than OCSO
Highlands: more than OCSO
Glades: more than OCSO
Martin: more than OCSO
IR: more than OCSO
Home Depot: more than OCSO

01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
PM has done an excellant job since he has been in charge. I dont understand why everyone is putting him down. He has stood behind me on every endeavor I've been through over the past few years. He always has a smile on his face and never a bad word to say about his deputies. Have you put in for a school that you did not get? Have you been unjustly disciplined? Why do you bad mouth him when he speaks so highly of all of you. I just don't understand

01-08-2008, 11:14 PM

Osceola?
Highlands?
Glades?
Martin?
Indian River?

Osceola County $35,050 to $52,587 will pay for experience

Highlands County
$31,169.00 will pay for experience

Glades County
$39,000.00

Port St. Lucie Police Department

$43,408 with experience

Indian River County

$39000.00 will pay for experience

Martin County

$46000.00 will pay for experience

01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I have not said anything negative about PM. i think he is doing a good job as Sheriff, however we are drowning here. PM is concerned with our community and its people. Pm takes issue with drug dealers and thieves and he puts measures in place to correct these issues. i think PM is Honorable and trust worthy, however i repeat, we are drowning in debt. i do not have a new car,nor do i live a life of leisure however come the end of the month i cant feed my family. i know that many employees borrow money from cash advance every month and they are caught in a never ending cycle of debt. i am not trying to cause conflict in our department but i feel that if we can come together and let PM know what we are really facing then maybe he will be better equipped to approach the County Commissioners on our behalf when the subject of raises is onthe table.

01-09-2008, 01:08 AM
PM has done an excellant job since he has been in charge. I dont understand why everyone is putting him down. He has stood behind me on every endeavor I've been through over the past few years. He always has a smile on his face and never a bad word to say about his deputies. Have you put in for a school that you did not get? Have you been unjustly disciplined? Why do you bad mouth him when he speaks so highly of all of you. I just don't understand

HEY SPANKY, YOU'RE RIGHT PM HAS DONE ALOT FOR PEOPLE IN THIS DEPARTMENT. HE HAS NOT BEEN UNJUST IN DISCIPLINE, AS EAM ADMINISTRATION. ALL SHERIFF'S HAVE GOOD AND BAD. WE ARE NOT SAYING THAT HE IS BAD TO EVERYONE. THE ISSUE IS A BONUS IS NOT A RAISE AND 18% OVER 3 YEARS I DON'T SEE IT. OF COURSE HE STOOD BEHIND YOU, HE DOES FOR HIS TOP ADMINISTRATORS, JUST NOT THE LOWER WORKERS. JUST LIKE YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR GIRLS UPFRONT, AND YOUR FRIENDS.

01-09-2008, 07:10 PM
i beleive it is bad at OCSO, no doubt, at least your not with th City of Okeechobee

01-09-2008, 08:10 PM

:cop: Are you kidding me, if we as law enforcement officer’s can not do her job. Then I ask you this, when she had a Sheriff that did not have her very best interest in mind like KING PAUL does, why when she choose to quit was the only job she could find as a waitress?!?!?!? And the same Deputies she now looks down on for wanting better pay and better benefits were the ones that went to eat at her restaurant and choose to tip her very well. Well folks back then we were a family, now not so much!!!!! And yes every single one of the Deputies here at this department could do her job, and if we choose to leave we will be law enforcement officers elsewhere not Waitresses or waiters. :D :idea:

01-09-2008, 09:00 PM
i beleive it is bad at OCSO, no doubt, at least your not with th City of Okeechobee

Whats wrong with the city? Arent they union?

01-09-2008, 10:50 PM

your right! PM is a good man and he does the best he can with what he has to work with, however it is a huge slap in the face when any one person gets a raise and the rest do not. why her or him and not me? i work hard and i am dependable, i dont call in sick, im never late and i give 110 percent everyday. what more can i give to my department to show them i too am worthy of a raise? I will not degrade PM nor will I show him anything but the upmost respect, however this forum is one that is badly needed for us to vent our anger, disappointments and our hopes for a better future to one another and keep our dirty laundry in house. i think if our administrators would look at this forum as a link to its employees true concerns it may be benificial to all of us. Now if we can just keep our eyes on the issue and not get bogged down in the pettiness of personal attacks we may move successfully forward.

01-10-2008, 03:07 AM
To all the deputies: Money, Union
Money: Other counties make more money very true... look at the tax base of the Counties (or the federal money they get by opening a federal holding). All BOCC meetings are open to the public, pull off that uniform and go in and ask to be heard you have no problem talking about it here whether it is your salary or someone elses.

Union: The union costs money (dues) which most of you are complaining about not having enough. The union will supply you an attorney if you are done wrong, by the Sheriff. The union will go before the BOCC and say you need more money....... They won't go to the Sheriff, because he doesn't have to listen just because you are you union you have no recourse..... NO Strikes it is a violation of your oath to protect and serve.

So when you complain about everything going on don't just sit around the table and *****.... ask some to expalin the County budget so at least when you say something it sounds like you are doing it from an educated perspective

01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes Sir, we would like to go and have our opinions heard. We have fear of what will happen if we do. Mr. May it is not that we are against you, we want the union to help you, help us. In turn we would be better able to hire new employees, that haven't been turned down everywhere else. Or maybe they are loyal to their county like we are, and take the low pay. I think that you have done a good job with what was handed to you. I think you tried to get us more money. We thank you for trying. You know you are one of us, you have been where we are. I understand we are a less fortunate county, but somehow the Firefighters get paid better than we do and you know we go in a secure the scene for them before they step foot out of their trucks. That just doesn't seem fair. We appreciate what you have done and what you will continue to do for us, but this page is meant for officers to be able to speak with out fear of recourse by the administration.

01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
[quote="lawdawg007"]
I will be the first to say that I do not always agree with the Sheriff but the three stooges that left here are probably the ones mixing thing up for us and we let them do it.quote]

Way off track man, I do think thay are the ones responsible for this...I think a few are definately watch and even possibly respond, but there is no way in ciane that they had this much pull with the others here...And if so, then maybe we should have not let go with out a fight...

I 4-1 miss them for one miss the crap out of them, they brought alot of experience and knowledge not to mention laughs... :devil: Our shift is still okay but our leadership stops at the Cpl. As i did before one of them left ! :?

By the way I wonder where you came up with the three stooges thing..... Hmmmmmm if I remember correctly someone has a picture of them in their office.... maybe just maybe...hmmmmmmm :roll:

01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
By the way I wonder where you came up with the three stooges thing..... Hmmmmmm if I remember correctly someone has a picture of them in their office.... maybe just maybe...hmmmmmmm :roll:[/quote]

Went and checked but the door is locked... and not in the others office...

01-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Administration is now asking everyone if they have heard of this website and trying to figure out who is spreading the word. They have thier Computer Guro's looking into the system trying to see who, where, when etc. was logged onto that site.. Give your officers a little more credit, you're not going to catch them on it...call in the detectives sounds good.. oh wait nevermind they've been looking too... PM take a step back and meet with your staff and make things right. quit making empty promises!!

01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
personally, I think that by the supervisors asking about the web site only lets everyone know about it and you are creating more viewers.
I also think that this should be a positive thing for the admin. Here are words from your staff, take notes, listen to what they are saying and help make things better.

01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
[quote="Be Careful What u Wish 4":2ni54ggm]PM has done an excellant job since he has been in charge. I dont understand why everyone is putting him down. He has stood behind me on every endeavor I've been through over the past few years. He always has a smile on his face and never a bad word to say about his deputies. Have you put in for a school that you did not get? Have you been unjustly disciplined? Why do you bad mouth him when he speaks so highly of all of you. I just don't understand

HEY SPANKY, YOU'RE RIGHT PM HAS DONE ALOT FOR PEOPLE IN THIS DEPARTMENT. HE HAS NOT BEEN UNJUST IN DISCIPLINE, AS EAM ADMINISTRATION. ALL SHERIFF'S HAVE GOOD AND BAD. WE ARE NOT SAYING THAT HE IS BAD TO EVERYONE. THE ISSUE IS A BONUS IS NOT A RAISE AND 18% OVER 3 YEARS I DON'T SEE IT. OF COURSE HE STOOD BEHIND YOU, HE DOES FOR HIS TOP ADMINISTRATORS, JUST NOT THE LOWER WORKERS. JUST LIKE YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR GIRLS UPFRONT, AND YOUR FRIENDS.[/quote:2ni54ggm]

Dude you totally forget the great white nothingness of BM... He will end up just like Spanky did... Bing ...bang ...sheriff !

01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
RUNT..... SHERIFF he is destroying all and ANY morale in the jail... His way or the street. allowing his new little girl to have the choice shift and tells the rest of us, "there's the door if you dont like it" I guess he can afford to say that when they pretty much make collectively over 140-170 plus in quessing of course but come on I bet Im not far off !

Just so you "Brass" know. WE ALL ARE WATCHING YOU... Wont be long before everyone ... EVERYONE knows about this site. Its the only place we can come and vent about how you forgot all about us in the "jail"...Runt chasing the T&A giving them the swet shift, sticking us all... Why is eveyone wanting to leave.

Because little hitler tells us if we dont like it we need to leave... Really great working here right now...JUST GREAT :roll:

01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
The guy is a complete waste ...RW you need to realize that your people will make or break you... Right now your moral is as bad as tghe rest of them... MICRO MANAGMENT in FULL effect.

Your on board with him OR... NO SOUP FOR YOU !!! :x

01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
hey why be so hard on the sheriff? EVERYONE knows r and j run the whole department. hell none of yall get to go to the casino and spend hundreds of dollars do ya? or go golfing all over the place, or smoke hundred dollar cigars? i bet you're right they make at least 170 a year. and i cant afford to go to tacobell. love my carear. maybe in a few decades ill be able to out for a fun night and i can come back and rub it in everybodys face.

01-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Go back and read "The time has come" it is from one of our lieutenants. sounds good but i think he may be trying to implicate someone else. if this is true.. Let The Games Begin.... Now the administration will try to divide and conquer. They do not want us to go union. They will start with threats then go to accuasations then to intimidation then to what? we dont have anything to lose. we live within one hour to 20 other departments. trust me we can find another job. However, Let me clarify....I dont want to work in another department nor do i want to work in another community. I love my town, i love my people and I am willing to stand up and fight for them. and just in case some one wants to turn this around and make me sound anti-Sheriff May... let me say i think PM has done a good job. I think he tries to be one of the people and someof the times, he succeeds. However if PM goes to the CC and demands what we want and need..It will be political suicide and he knows it. I think PM should sit back and let the union work for him too. it seems to me that the only untouchables in our town are the highly overpaid, underowrked County Commisioners. say what you want JW works her ass off and i dont like her getting such a big raise but i dont begrudge her it either. HELL, IF THEY GIVE ME THAT KIND OF A RAISE, YOU BETTER KNOW IM TAKIN' IT FOOL:)

01-11-2008, 02:35 AM
This forum is a great place to express our concerns. If the High Sheriff has become so angry about us expressing our concerns, does he really care about us as employees? Sure he will tell people {the public} he cares, but what is he doing now, telling us that what we are concerned with are lies. Are we under paid? Yes. Did he approve a big raise for his secretary in the middle of the year, when we are all told no you can not take that class because we have no money? Yes.

Now he has forbid us from looking at the site on the Department computers, the same computers that his command staff are monitoring the site on and trying to find a victim to make an example of. The same computers that his support staff pay their personal bills on and shop online. Yes that to is a violation of the S.O.P. but that is ok. And trust me if everyone on this site shared King Paul’s views then this site would be ok for everyone to look at, King Paul would probably even turn it in a photo opportunity to be on the Front page of the paper.

But no we choose not to be force fed any more excuses, we are wanting our concerns heard and it is so obvious to me that he does not want to here the truth, because he can not handle the truth.

Equality for all, standardization in promotions, not building the requirements around that man you have chosen so that you can say it was a fair process. Better pay, better insurance, listen to concerns of your people without fear of threats and persecution from you, these are real issues to us and they will not go away with threats of being caught on the site on department computers. Next you will say will you have a computer at home you are spending your money in the wrong places.

You are our Sheriff, our leader. Lead by example like you did when you first came into office and had our respect, not like the tyrant you have become.

01-11-2008, 04:10 AM
By god you take the time to repsond to the "speak out" we know you listen to it and read it each day... I tell you what, we will give you a week like they do to figure out a good, press releasing response and then post it... Hows that sound.... But here we will hae rebuttle unlike what you have allowed throught the "speak out" and your relationship with that particualr paper !

So I say... Lets hear it from the man.... :shock:

01-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I can tell you King Paul will not be responding in this forum, as he has realized he is powerless here. He has tried to quite our voice here by attempting to have the Okeechobee site removed from LEO AFFAIRS, but he discovered he is the King of his house but not King of the entire Kingdom.

Yes, that is right the manager’s of this site really care and want you to express your self’s. Thank God for them, if they were like the local newspapers King Paul would be able to stop any comments from entering that would shed light on any wrong doing on his part.

So he does not care what we have to say or he would not have attempted to shut the site down, but once again he has underestimated us thinking we as deputies would not have checked before applying for the site. Yes we knew this site would not be a popular site for King Paul and his knights of the round table, but we have established this site for us not him, knowing that we have control here, so gentlemen and ladies feel free to express your feelings or ideals without worry of being put on the chopping block by the Sheriff, unless you are using the Department Computer of course.

But you see I typed this on my department laptop saved it then jump drive it into my personal computer for posting. Now did I violate policy by doing so they may think yes, but I did not view the site from the Department Computer so I say no. But maybe, just maybe his new policy that I am sure is being written as we speak will forbid anyone from having any personal thoughts going on in their heads while on duty. You will not be able to express any personal thought unless they benefit King Paul.

Are you angry with us for having your own opinions or are you angry that the opinions differ from yours.

01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
No they are just mad they cant control everything.... I think its GREAT!

Free speach...imagine that... I head tell that they tried to get this whole Okeechobee thing taken off. When they were told to take a hike. they started trying to figure out IP's so be careful.. All you that are registered DO NOT LOG IN.... Just a fact....the SS is alive....lol :roll:

01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
The starting salary for Highlands County Sheriff's Office is approximately $33,000.00 and we pay for experience. Also, our sheriff has implimented a step pay plan. Our agency has moved light years ahead since she has taken office. This year I cleared over $60,000.00 with minimal overtime...and I did not have to kill myself to make that money. If your tired of OCSO, come try HCSO!! Lots of "new" equipment on hand!!

01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
The starting salary for Highlands County Sheriff's Office is approximately $33,000.00 and we pay for experience. Also, our sheriff has implimented a step pay plan. Our agency has moved light years ahead since she has taken office. This year I cleared over $60,000.00 with minimal overtime...and I did not have to kill myself to make that money. If your tired of OCSO, come try HCSO!! Lots of "new" equipment on hand!!

Openings? and do you have to live in the county ?

01-11-2008, 11:14 PM
We do not need you here. If you do not want to work for us, we WILL Replace you. Leave, So we can fill your position with an uncertified officers with no experience so he does not realize for a few years that we are exploiting his inexperience and naivete.

01-12-2008, 12:14 AM
We do not need you here. If you do not want to work for us, we WILL Replace you. Leave, So we can fill your position with an uncertified officers with no experience so he does not realize for a few years that we are exploiting his inexperience and naivete.

NS,

I thought you would never speak up... :twisted:

01-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Look at the other sites. It doesn't matter where you work, everyone complains about pay!

01-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Look at the other sites. It doesn't matter where you work, everyone complains about pay!

Agreed.... But the lowest in teh surounding area... Should be quiet their Lt. ?

01-12-2008, 04:52 AM

Osceola?
Highlands?
Glades?
Martin?
Indian River?

Highlands County

Glades County
$39,000.00

$43,408 with experience

Indian River County

Martin County

And dont forget about Seminole... $2,600 to start with another 300 a month for welness if desire it, and 74 a month for clothing allowence...

And dont foret the details. I here tell that one of the three made 15K already in three months..Bring home ! Another 14 1/2 and the third 13... So what am I supposed to think ! Justa thought dont want to be counted out... Wonder why we were...HumMMMmmmmmmmm

01-12-2008, 04:56 AM

Osceola?
Highlands?
Glades?
Martin?
Indian River?

Highlands County

Glades County
$39,000.00

$43,408 with experience

Indian River County

Martin County

And dont forget about Seminole... $(4)2,600 to start with another 300 a month for welness if desire it, and 74 a month for clothing allowence...

And dont foret the details. I here tell that one of the three made 16 to 17K already in three months..Bring home ! The other two brought in 14 1/2 to 15 a piece (roughly).....

So what am I supposed to think ! Just a thought for you to look over, I dont want to be counted out... Wonder why they were...HumMMMmmmmmmmm

Sorry that was 42,600 to start with the other perks which comes out to roughly 47,100 and I hear they may go up to as high as 50 or 55 starting next year...AND they are getting a pention AND their insurance is ONLY 25 a week for you and 10 for each additional person.. With ONLY a 200.00 deductable and thats for HEALTH, Dental & Vision... So whats wrong with Seminole again... My app's in !

01-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Starting pay is 42,800, I made 82,000 in 2007, with just a little overtime. Insurance for family averages about 260.00 per month for family. We dont get as much vacation time as you guys, and we have no pension.

01-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Come to Martin, we have a union and pay better than Seminole.

01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
:P :P

01-13-2008, 03:59 AM
Thats the whole problem, We love Okeechobee. We dont want to have to move to another area nor do we wish to commute. Thats why it is so important that we stick together and get the union implemented. It may not be a fix all, but it may give us enough money and insurance savings to live a more fulfilling life. Again, we love our department and we are truely like a family here. Lets fight to keep it this way you guys. Stay focused and alert. This is only the begining, and i believe things will get a lot worse before they get better. Dont let anyone Divide and Conqure our department. God bless whats noble and right.

01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
noble and right.

Sometimes what Noble and right IS fighting for whats right. OR knowing when to say enough is enogh and take care of yourself and you kids. Trust me, alot of people that have left or will leave Okee do not want to. Its not some fast desicion made in hast. Its a well thought out HARD desicion that was made. But in light of thnigs going on now, it seems like the best alternative to some of us. So it needs to be made. Of course my vote WILL count and WILL get the union in...

01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
How many votes do we need to have the union? I know its 50% plus 1 vote but has anyone figured out how many votes that is? How high up the food chain (chain of command) are allowed to vote?

01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
How many votes do we need to have the union? I know its 50% plus 1 vote but has anyone figured out how many votes that is? How high up the food chain (chain of command) are allowed to vote?

Some statements are better off not said for now on a site anyone can read. :devil:

01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
[quote="Union Supporter":xnvoeu5e]How many votes do we need to have the union? I know its 50% plus 1 vote but has anyone figured out how many votes that is? How high up the food chain (chain of command) are allowed to vote?

Some statements are better off not said for now on a site anyone can read. :devil:[/quote:xnvoeu5e]

Surely Better Off, your not worried that we won't have the votes or that the higher ups will make some changes within the department that would make some people ineligible to vote. They wouldn't play dirty like that just to protect their own asses would they. Not them...haha

01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm not worried; I just don't want to give to much information, especially who is eligable to vote right now.

01-13-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm not worried; I just don't want to give to much information, especially who is eligable to vote right now.

Lets vote now!!!!!

CiTyBoY
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
the union told us that there would be a certain amount of time, like several years, before they would even entertain the idea of letting you guys vote again since you went through the whole process and then voted against the union. someone over there needs to be communicating with the union to explore your options.
just a friendly suggestion. good luck.

01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
G :lol: ot it covered, thanks for helping.

01-14-2008, 01:13 AM
A new day is fast approaching and with this day comes vast, new, and exciting challenges and oppurtunities for all of us. Think of the possibilites that lie ahead. I for one am excited about the thought of where our department will be in a few years. I know change doesn't happen overnight and good things come to those who are patient. I for one am anxious and can't wait for the union to take effect. My only regret is that this didn't happen three years ago. Well, he can't say that we didn't give him a chance. I must say this about PM. He is the best Sheriff that I have worked for however the sheriff, any sheriff, can not fix this department. It is much deeper than that. Our problems go way back. Several years of giving money back to the CCs and now they expect that every year. We need the union to fight for us and for PM. PM if you are reading this, I will tell you this. I voted for you for sheriff and now if given the chance I will vote for the union, and this November I will again vote for you. You are a good sheriff and I do not blame you for our monitary problems. You yourself used to be a union man. Don't hold it against us for trying to better ourselves. I know your not that kind of man. Stay safe and stay positive!!!!!

01-14-2008, 07:27 AM
What is the starting salary at OCSO for a road patrol deputy?

01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
What is the starting salary at OCSO for a road patrol deputy?

About $ 400.00 per week after tax insurance etc.... if your lucky.

Try to pay your bills in 2008 with that kinda money.

01-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Right on " A new day is fast approaching". That is exactly how i feel. i voted for PM and will do so again. However the issue at hand is not PM's running of the Sheriffs Office, Rather us trying to survive in todays economy with little help from the CC. When we are barely able to tread water and any monies are given back to the CC. Dude Something is WRONG!!! Anyway the union has my vote. i gave PM three years to pry loose the CC gready little fingers.Now i will give the union a try and see if we cant just get more generous fingers in office. God Bless.

01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know where all the money goes from the citations written in Okeechobee county or the money that is seized during the drug busts. What about the money from vehicle impounds or car auctions. Where did the money seized on the turnpike a few years ago go. Doesn't that money go the CCs?

01-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Great Question? Where does all this money go? Surely it does not go to the CC. That would just make me sick. Since all they do is gamble and drink there CC pay anyway. And by the way, does anyone know how much the CC get paid a year? I heard it was around 40,000.00 a year. PLEASE GOD tell me this is untrue.

mod 483
01-15-2008, 02:10 AM
To all, I have recently obtained the program necessary to delete any post violations. I deleted several posts that were in violation. The posts were personal attacks using initials including the shift name. Please do not use the site for personal attacks towards other persons for personal satisfaction. Remember the rules of use for the site. If the same person continues to violate the rules, not saying this is going to be the case, that person is subject to being banned from the site. Overall everyone using the site is keeping within the rules. This is a new site for me and OCSO so read the rules again and confirm you’re not in violation before submitting the post. Thanks

01-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Great Question? Where does all this money go? Surely it does not go to the CC. That would just make me sick. Since all they do is gamble and drink there CC pay anyway. And by the way, does anyone know how much the CC get paid a year? I heard it was around 40,000.00 a year. PLEASE GOD tell me this is untrue.

You are closer than you think !! :evil:

01-16-2008, 02:30 AM
its 33,000 right?

01-16-2008, 02:33 AM
There are cc seats up for election this time. Anyone living in those zones can run for office. It is a part time job with full benefits. I am sure PM would give u the time off to do both jobs.

01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I dont supose I can be a deputy and a CC at the same time, right? Im sure there would be some kind of "Conflict of interest" issues. Do the CC have day jobs? or have they all retired? or better yet, have they squandered thier retirement at the casino and throwing big wig partys and now they have to make up there loses with our gains? or maybe...just maybe.... they have no idea that we live on 400 to 500 bucks a week. I am ashamed to say this but i have never been to a CC meeting. I truely have no idea what they think or how they vote. I mean, what if they think "No news, is good news" and that we are livin' like pigs in slop. I have made a commitment to myself to attend the next few meetings. Someone out there PLEASE let me know if this is not a good idea at this time. I dont want to lose my job because I go to a CC meeting out of ignorance. oh and one more thing, These guys are pretty old dudes and you know the stories they tell about workin' all week for .36 and "By God when the goin' got tough, we got goin' ". That, I might add is a direct quote from my Grandfather, who I believe, purchased his first home for 1300.00. and at that time i beleive gas was... What? .15 cents a gallon. Maybe we are "Haglin'" we John Wayne and he truly is out of touch with inflation issues, insurance issues, Ect. OH Bump It, just show me the money!! I am ready to vote now!!! Heck, what have I got to lose....God Bless.

01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes all of the cc's have a real job. Which is why its only 30+k a year instead of the 80K++++ the other constitutional officers make. (Tax collector, Sheriff, Supervisor of elections) The county has several openings right now that pay 50k+ a year.

01-18-2008, 05:34 AM

What is wrong with the City? I thought your department put a union in a year ago or something? Did they help you get a raise? I keep hearing things about your admin is never at work but I hear they don't mess with you because they could care less.