PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Supv in Tampa

01-04-2008, 01:47 AM
I have it on great authority that sgtDP in tampa gave a POF to a trooper for wearing a black beenie while on 208. no civilians were around and only troopers were there. the trooper only wore it to and from the other fhp vehicles that were there. POF was not needed but yet this sgt showed great leadership. Yea right!!! :evil: :evil:

01-04-2008, 01:59 AM
I have it on great authority that sgtDP in tampa gave a POF to a trooper for wearing a black beenie while on 208. no civilians were around and only troopers were there. the trooper only wore it to and from the other fhp vehicles that were there. POF was not needed but yet this sgt showed great leadership. Yea right!!! :evil: :evil:

TWO THINGS:
1) a beanie regardless of color is not part of the uniform and
2) why in the heck would you wear it when a supervisor is around?

Not too much discretion going on there!!!

01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
I didn't know beenies were authorized. If more Sergeants handed out POF's maybe some of the guys wouldn't run around wearing whatever they feel like wearing. I have to take the Sergeants ide on this one.

01-04-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm guessing ctrpr has less than 5 years on. Seems like the new generation thinks they can do what ever they want.

01-04-2008, 02:30 AM

what is a beenie?

01-04-2008, 03:03 AM

We all know a POF is not a big deal. My Sgt is always trying to give me one (baby!) But then again, I usually deserve it for not doing something right.

I agree, credit goes to the supervisor for at least addressing the issue. A POF is not a big deal. Go nasty talk the supervisor if you want, but then again...the guy could avoid future POFs by following policy. It is not like he was given something that goes in his file.

I gotta go...I have to get my boots ready for court. :)

HPK91
01-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Maybe we can start wearing them if they have "FHP" embroidered on them and if we only buy them from the Academy store. LOL :lol:

01-04-2008, 03:21 AM
I hate to say this for fear of being beaten by my fellow brothers but....

SO WHAT!?

A POF is nothing but a note in the work file to use as documentation on a RAPP. If the sergeant documents several violations for wearing a beanie or being out of uniform, the sergeant can show a needs improvement on the RAPP. If the trooper does this kind of thing enough and the sergeant actually documents it, this trooper can get a needs improvement in the category that deals with uniform. I think it is uniform and equipment. It will mean... NOTHING. It is a waste of time. A necessary waste of time but still a waste. Don't wear your hat and forget to get your oil changed and get a few more POFs and your sergeant will have one category to mark you down on. If he/she can get another category documented like not transmitting your crashes and mistakes on your weekly and you will find yourself on a PIP, performance improvement plan.
So for the next 45 days you will wear your hat, transmit your crashes and check over your weekly. The supervisor will document what a good employee you are and the whole novel the supervisor wrote to justify this PIP will go into a file. The supervisor will be sitting with his head in his hands trying to unravel from the huge waste of effort he just wasted.

The next time a trooper wears a beanie, the supervisor will laugh and say put that crap away. The sergeant will think to himself I am not going to get wrapped up in that pile of paperwork again and ignore writing a POF.

All this is public record guys, read! Educate yourself!

01-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Hey, why didn’t the trooper just wear blue jeans, leather jacket and boots, with the gun belt on, I'm sure that’s a lot more comfortable than the uniform. Heck, you say there was no one around what would be the difference it is not authorized to be worn.

Also, it only takes a few minutes to complete the POF’s but I sure hope the trooper got the point. This can go a few different ways as for progressive issues are concerned. So for some people, keep believing that a POF is nothing but grab your little hat and hold on for the slow ride.

And by all means “PLEASE Educate yourself” on FHP policy and the oath of office as you can see I have listed them for you.

6.01.03 POLICY
It is the policy of the Florida Highway Patrol to comply with the provision of law concerning uniforms that are to be worn by members, to create guidelines to enhance public recognition and to maintain a professional appearance through uniformity in dress. The uniform clearly identifies to the public the presence of a Florida Highway Patrol trooper.

6.01.07 PROCEDURES
Members of the Florida Highway Patrol shall wear their uniform only while on duty or while working off-duty police employment, and in a manner that enhances the public image of a professional law enforcement officer. The visibility of the uniform and the individuals who wear it should portray a positive reassurance to the citizens of the State of Florida.

OATH OF OFFICE

FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL

"I do solemnly swear: I will support, protect and defend the Constitution and Government of the United States and of the State of Florida; I will render strict obedience to my superiors in the Florida Highway Patrol, and observe and abide by all orders and regulations prescribed by them for the government and administration of said Patrol; I will always conduct myself soberly, honorably and honestly; I will maintain strict, punctual and constant attention to my duties; I will abstain from all offensive personality or conduct unbecoming a police officer; I will perform my duties fearlessly, impartially and with all due courtesy and I will well and faithfully perform the duties of a Law Enforcement Officer on which I am now about to enter. So help me God.

01-05-2008, 03:55 AM

Your an @$$ #@%@ for starting this

01-05-2008, 04:04 AM

01-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey, why didn’t the trooper just wear blue jeans, leather jacket and boots, with the gun belt on, I'm sure that’s a lot more comfortable than the uniform. Heck, you say there was no one around what would be the difference it is not authorized to be worn.

Also, it only takes a few minutes to complete the POF’s but I sure hope the trooper got the point. This can go a few different ways as for progressive issues are concerned. So for some people, keep believing that a POF is nothing but grab your little hat and hold on for the slow ride.

And by all means “PLEASE Educate yourself” on FHP policy and the oath of office as you can see I have listed them for you.

6.01.03 POLICY
It is the policy of the Florida Highway Patrol to comply with the provision of law concerning uniforms that are to be worn by members, to create guidelines to enhance public recognition and to maintain a professional appearance through uniformity in dress. The uniform clearly identifies to the public the presence of a Florida Highway Patrol trooper.

6.01.07 PROCEDURES
Members of the Florida Highway Patrol shall wear their uniform only while on duty or while working off-duty police employment, and in a manner that enhances the public image of a professional law enforcement officer. The visibility of the uniform and the individuals who wear it should portray a positive reassurance to the citizens of the State of Florida.

OATH OF OFFICE

FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL

"I do solemnly swear: I will support, protect and defend the Constitution and Government of the United States and of the State of Florida; I will render strict obedience to my superiors in the Florida Highway Patrol, and observe and abide by all orders and regulations prescribed by them for the government and administration of said Patrol; I will always conduct myself soberly, honorably and honestly; I will maintain strict, punctual and constant attention to my duties; I will abstain from all offensive personality or conduct unbecoming a police officer; I will perform my duties fearlessly, impartially and with all due courtesy and I will well and faithfully perform the duties of a Law Enforcement Officer on which I am now about to enter. So help me God.

I am so sorry, I must missed the boat here..

You have a trooper complaining about getting a POF for doing something wrong!

What part of the policy does he not understand?

He knew when he came on we have strict policies on uniforms, thats what they showed them in the academy.

A POF is nothing, a couseling letter is nothing. It basically puts you are notice not to do it again. It must be documented, so later the trooper does not say "ah no body told me anything, ah I did know that we could not do that, ahhhh"

Come on, take ownership, its all about manhood.. If you screw up, man up to it, face the music and then just move on.

If the thought entered your mind that you are doing something wrong or its aganist policy, then dont do it! Or prepare to pay for the consequences.

Please correct me if I am wrong, is this the new generation thinking?
Are these FNG's? Or is it senior troopers that just want to wear what they want?

Let them get away for wearing a beenie, then next they want to wear scarf's...

Go figure..

Back in the day, there was no POF, just a lot of yelling or a wriiten rep.

I would take a POF and a counseling letter any day...

01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Beanie or yarmulka? Yarmulka are a sign of the Jewish faith and the US Supreme Court has already protected them.

01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
As defined by ‘Encarta Dictionary English (North America)

Beanie [beenee] [bean’ies]
Hat like skullcap “a round tight-fitting hat like a skullcap, formerly worn by schoolboys and young college students”

Come on, this was a no brainier for the member and there is no way to make everyone happy no matter what’s done to person that violates policy. The member receives a Performance Observation Form (POF) and it’s debated by people which have no clue, other than knowing how to complain all the time. As for the complainers, get over it or step up to the plate and get promoted so you can run the squad the way you want to (ignoring policy) right into the ground. Then when you fail as a supervisor you can complain on “LEOAFFAIRS” that the brass does not support you.

Again thanks to “ctrpr” for his outstanding post on this issue. I’m sure you’re one of the those complainers.

01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
was it a beenie or black t-shirt like some wear in tampa. heck they don't even get pof's for it, and still do it. I guess the Black Tshirt is more confortable than the white tshirt. POF's don't mean anything. complain when you get the LOC.

01-06-2008, 04:33 PM
?????????????????????

good supervisors?

Hey, what does the policy say about wearing civilian clothes and driving your personal car to work everyday and still getting high risk pay and commanding a district at the same time? I thought that would be covered under the fitness for duty part of the policy, but I guess you have to enforce the policy manual first and not just selectively enforce the policies.

01-06-2008, 04:41 PM
maybe he was just a superhero in disguise?

01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
maybe he was just a superhero in disguise?

If you are correct, I would have to say MIGHTY MOUSE

01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
?????????????????????

good supervisors?

Hey, what does the policy say about wearing civilian clothes and driving your personal car to work everyday and still getting high risk pay and commanding a district at the same time? I thought that would be covered under the fitness for duty part of the policy, but I guess you have to enforce the policy manual first and not just selectively enforce the policies.

Just goes to show you how little it takes to command a district.

01-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey, does anyone know of a good county park to make out in?? Just wondering :shock: :oops:

01-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Wearing a Beanie that is obviously against the FHP rules and you are complaining that the supervisor did his job.

There is no wonder you clowns can not get a pay raise. Reading this post is like watching Jerry Springer. If FHP does not work out for some of you guys, there is always room on the back of a garbage truck.

01-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Wearing a Beanie that is obviously against the FHP rules and you are complaining that the supervisor did his job.

There is no wonder you clowns can not get a pay raise. Reading this post is like watching Jerry Springer. If FHP does not work out for some of you guys, there is always room on the back of a garbage truck.

Are you recruiting for your employer or something?

01-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Are you recruiting for your employer or something?

No, we require more than a GED education even on the back of a garbage truck. However, if you are looking, Wal-mart is still hiring FHP as greeters. Perfect job for you. Stand around taking up space, and talking to everyone about yourself. Plus, you get a pay raise.

01-07-2008, 06:45 AM
excelent, Walmart or Waste Management, I'm in for both. I could use the fresh air on the back of the truck. I would also be proud to welcome you to warmart when you spend that $100 pay check you have left over after you pay your bills with the state's salary.

as for knowing a good park, I havn't a clue but if you hear of one please, please let me know. The way I hear it is nothing happens to you anyway so what's the big deal. Heck you can even get caught doing other things on your wife and nothing happens to you either. Heck you can even get the big D and marry such person and nothing happens. gotta love america or troop C anyway..... I guess if they do it in Tally it becomes policy to do it anywhere...

01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
excelent, Walmart or Waste Management, I'm in for both. I could use the fresh air on the back of the truck. I would also be proud to welcome you to warmart when you spend that $100 pay check you have left over after you pay your bills with the state's salary.

as for knowing a good park, I havn't a clue but if you hear of one please, please let me know. The way I hear it is nothing happens to you anyway so what's the big deal. Heck you can even get caught doing other things on your wife and nothing happens to you either. Heck you can even get the big D and marry such person and nothing happens. gotta love america or troop C anyway..... I guess if they do it in Tally it becomes policy to do it anywhere...

Working the Waste Management truck pays much better than FHP!!

For Real !! Look into it !! That is a fact the legislature and Ms. Bustle can be proud of !!!!

01-08-2008, 03:44 AM
There are 1 or 2 good supervisors in Tampa, a couple of sgts, one lt, who finally left for another position, good luck to those new ones coming in.

01-08-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah, good luck to the new ones, blood in the water for Capt Insano. unless she get the same speech from lakeland (knock it off and try, please try to get along with somene and stop #$%$^*%&*$##$ everyone off.) talk about needing MAPS. I guess she's happy being miserable and having people hat her, but hey, it all starts at the top and works it's way down. Stand by for the antics that are to come.

01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
There seems to be one constant variable in each story about Troop C's failed supervision. It is Major Knight and his inability to solve problem that arebrought to him involving his supervisors (captains, Lts, sgts)and his inability to supervise them.

Lets take a short trip down memory lane and without going into details see just how many person under Major Knight's direct supervision have been transferred, demoted, or fired after someone stepped up and complained. (Perkins, Costanzo...)

How can GHQ allow such a inept Major to stay in command while the house is burning down due to his inabilities.

My 2 Cents...

01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
So… you're trying to imply by saying the beanie was ok to wear? That's stupid on your part, the member that wore the beanie has the inability to use common sense and follow FHP policy. There’s no way in hell that you can blame anyone but the member on this one.

Did you just chime in to “stir the pot” or just slam the Major? Or did you even read them before you stepped up to the plate with your 2 cents.

Just my 2 cents….

01-12-2008, 02:27 PM

DP is a great sergeant! I was under him years ago. If it's not part of the uniform dont wear it! The question is. How many times did you wear the beenie before he issued the POF?

01-13-2008, 12:16 AM
DP rocks! If he has to get onto you, then you deserve it!

01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks, DP

01-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Anybody that thinks DP is bad needs SGT R.G. for about a month. After that experience they will either quit, beg to be transferred, or threaten to fight him. I swear a monkey could be more effective at the job than RG. Perfect Captain material there!!!! :roll:

01-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I've never posted anything bad about a person on here and I will not start. But please do not get me started on X9. I'll keep my comments to myself.

01-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I've never posted anything bad about a person on here and I will not start. But please do not get me started on X9. I'll keep my comments to myself.

Please tell your experience. Such a worthless, disrepectful, lying, negative supervisor needs to be aired out.

01-14-2008, 11:23 PM
someone tell me something good about at least one of the Troop C Captains. I know there is one doing a goood job and is trying very hard

01-15-2008, 04:58 AM
[quote="Anonymous"]someone tell me something good about at least one of the Troop C Captains. I know there is one doing a goood job and is trying very hard[/qu

Perkins, Denny's, Perkins, Denny's one is an idiot, the other gives me gassss. you be the judge

01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
RG what a joke, Batters, Mattiza, JF, little Cardwell (10 days as sgt in tpa), all sgts that should be fired!

You mean LT. Mattiza! It is pretty obvious that anyone can promote in FHP as long as you have a pulse.

01-16-2008, 03:20 AM
or knee pads. Hey, here's how it goes, you hear something on the road, you run and tell the major, like telling on your little brother, and bam, you're promoted. its an easy process. sounds like a lot of hot air if you ask me. more incompentance......

01-16-2008, 04:33 AM
knee pads, now that's funny, but hey, sometimes the truth hurts..... lol, lol

:lol:

01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
u bunch of wussies....I have so many POF's in 12 years that I could wallpaper my bedroom with them. If you are not getting your supervisors attention, you are not doing your job. Let your balls drop and be a man. Who gives a frigg about a POF. Do what it takes to get the bad guy and let the suits deal with the rest.

01-17-2008, 03:36 AM
I agree, a POF doesn't mean anything. suck it up, be a pain in the arse to the sgt, lt and capt. they really don't care about you, or your name. to them you are just another bean in their bean counting game. give me cits and make me look good. I say we all grow mullets and put in two earings and see what that attention gets. Heck, division of forestry gets to have goatees, how bout that????? bring back beenies, I love the french

Fellow Trooper
01-17-2008, 11:28 AM
POF

Performing
Other
Functions

As in doing my job and not taking any crap form people I stop.

01-20-2008, 02:48 AM
POF

Performing
Other
Functions

As in doing my job and not taking any crap form people I stop.

:shock:

01-20-2008, 06:38 AM
The new Capt is making sure everything is miserable here, like the mens warehouse, I guarantee it................. has anyone seen my geratol or water pills? this uniform is killing me, that is when I wear it.....

01-20-2008, 09:29 AM
FIRST OF ALL A SIMPLE HEY DONT WEAR THAT ANYMORE WOULD HAVE DONE.
AS FOR POLICY, IT IS VIOLATED BY EVERYONE, ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. SO GIVE IT UP. I AGREE THE TROOPER IS NOT TO BRIGHT FOR WEARING THAT IN FRONT OF HIM BUT JUST TELL HIM DONT LET ME SEE IT AGAIN.

01-20-2008, 05:20 PM
that would be old school, but Old school doesn't exist in Tampa anymore. CYA has taken over. everyone is afraid

01-20-2008, 11:49 PM
that would be old school, but Old school doesn't exist in Tampa anymore. CYA has taken over. everyone is afraid

01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
i'm not even in troop c and I'm afraid..

01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
http://www.realweasel.com/images/weasel.jpg

01-22-2008, 05:26 AM
WOW, aren't you here to post? I need some protection. PBA, FAST where are you? Sorry, forgot you are watching TV with the Electra and the COL, and all the LT Cols, and MAJ's. didn't mean to bother you with all of the funds you were collecting from the troopers. Thought you guys were on our side, but things are bad out here if you havn't heard. Tough to hear from that 30th story penthouse that we purchased for you with the all U can drink liquor bar at the Indian Casino Hotel.. Hope to hear from you soon. Think you can get off of your knees in front of electra and the col to talk to us soon?

oh and don't forget to wipe your mouths, the stains are visable to us and not to you...

01-23-2008, 04:36 AM
WOW, aren't you here to post? I need some protection. PBA, FAST where are you? Sorry, forgot you are watching TV with the Electra and the COL, and all the LT Cols, and MAJ's. didn't mean to bother you with all of the funds you were collecting from the troopers. Thought you guys were on our side, but things are bad out here if you havn't heard. Tough to hear from that 30th story penthouse that we purchased for you with the all U can drink liquor bar at the Indian Casino Hotel.. Hope to hear from you soon. Think you can get off of your knees in front of electra and the col to talk to us soon?

oh and don't forget to wipe your mouths, the stains are visable to us and not to you...

WTF-are you talking about???????????????

01-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Wow? you're not very good at protecting your secret identity (LT).... LOL

01-23-2008, 10:50 AM