PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love.......

01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Dont you just love getting into your car on freakin cold night like it's been and learn that your wondeful impala has a sensor and kicks off the heat?

I so miss my crown victoria, if I stopped at a traffic light, it stayed on heat until I turned it off or down. I stop at a traffic light with this imploder of a car and it turns cold.. takes me the next 2 freakin miles for it to warm up again. I went to a Chevy dealership and he says that all Chevys are coming out like this.

Seniority in this case does NOT have its privledges....

And K9s are getting these cars... how many dogs are they going to get killed before they get a real K9 car?????????

01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
To the above post thank Brass Row and the King for those cars. Try to stay warm if you can.

01-04-2008, 11:11 PM
the answer is yes, we were told k9 will be issued impalas as they come in this year. they will have heat sensors in them just like the crown vics to let us know when the a\c has shut off due to the new chevy system.

01-04-2008, 11:13 PM
it is possible they confused "K-car" with "K9 car",give them suv's like hillsborough

01-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Cry me a freakin river......so what? Think of the men and the women who have NO heat period. Many cars come this way... MINE included.... Do I whine over it? Nah. I'm sure a dog won't freeze in 2 min. Mine hasn't anyway.

01-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Cry me a freakin river......so what? Think of the men and the women who have NO heat period. Many cars come this way... MINE included.... Do I whine over it? Nah. I'm sure a dog won't freeze in 2 min. Mine hasn't anyway. yeah i think a dog breed in Europe can handle these "harsh" Florida winters without a heater... lol

01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
yea, i'm not worried about the cold. its the heat i'm more concerned with. the a\c in an impala works great if you're moving but sux if you sit at idle for a while typing limas. k9 guys leave the dogs alone in those cars in florida heat for a long time and those dogs could cook if the a\c acts this way.

01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Let's face it, folks. Michael Holley (local Chevrolet dealer) was a big supporter of the sheriff in his election and lo and behold after the election we start buying these cheap "tin cans" they call Impalas. Politics. It's been going on for years and years throughout our history and there's nothing you can do about it.

I support the sheriff and like the job he's doing. But these cars will NOT hold up to the grueling conditions and miles that we have to put on them in this very busy and very large county. They're too small, too light, and too flimsy. The 2007's are already falling apart. It's too bad.

01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Very well said to the above post and remember gang Mike Holley is Gradys treasurer, any more need to be said ?

01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Dodge Chargers?

01-11-2008, 12:36 AM
we asked about chargers,its a no go. they explained the planned set up for the impala. for being an impala,they did a really good job with the equipment and other odds and ends they put it in.

01-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Dont you just love getting into your car on freakin cold night like it's been and learn that your wondeful impala has a sensor and kicks off the heat?

I so miss my crown victoria, if I stopped at a traffic light, it stayed on heat until I turned it off or down. I stop at a traffic light with this imploder of a car and it turns cold.. takes me the next 2 freakin miles for it to warm up again. I went to a Chevy dealership and he says that all Chevys are coming out like this.

Seniority in this case does NOT have its privledges....

And K9s are getting these cars... how many dogs are they going to get killed before they get a real K9 car?????????

well as i was sitting in my impala for a period of time, it did the samething when i had my heat turned all the way up, it all of a sudden got cold. so i pressed the gas pedal for about 3 seconds idleing the car and the heat returned.

try it i did not have to drive around the block to get my heat back. its good for when you are sitting in one spot on a detail in your car when its cold

02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey hey hey people, easy on the administration.. if they go out and buy dependable cars like the crown vic.. there wont be $ 5 million to buy votes with. you insensitive *******s. I hope you people can sense the sarcasm, cause im laying it on pretty thick.. CHEAPO's

02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
well from a lumina aka rumina to a crown vic to a impala dear lord no comparison. let see the old recaro seats bad back . just hope when we do are new pit training u all understand that front wheel vehilces will be such as the impala will cause more injury to deputys and not stop the suspect vehicle. Please Sheriff bring back the Crown Vics cause I aint taking out a fleeing suspect in the Impala

02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
LOL! I'm not gonna PIT anything with an Impala! Nope, not gonna.

03-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I personally think you all should be given the new stangs, you deserve the best for all you deal with, JMO, but you know what they say about opinions.
:wink:

03-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh yes i would love to see shrek in a stang