PDA

View Full Version : YOUR FUTURES

01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people that claim to be intelligent and caring can go such great lengths to stir the pot. I occasionally read the posts on this site and wonder how cops get so involved in gossip, rather than their future.
You should ask yourselves why it matters more to post this BS instead of being involved in your union. Why it is that you as a group care more about your co-workers' extra marital affairs, instead of career pathing? Why do 10 people show up at your union meetings and the masses continue to complain of what a poor union you have?
It is so easy to point out all of the defects and talk a big game behind the scenes about your bosses, but it takes commitment to make change. Your department may be in turmoil, but no more than anywhere else. Being a member of your community, I hold the highest respect for your profession, but if I was not an informed citizen, I would look at this site and see a bunch of disgruntled boys.
I have some suggestions, educate yourselves, become well versed in labor laws as well as politics, stop trying to cut down your administration and never let them see your hand, replace the members of your union board who have taken a free ride with excessive hotel bills, going to conferences, and playing both sides of the coin with you and your Sheriff, and stop trying to be victims. Face it, you chose this profession and not many persons like cops. If you want to be praised, go become a member of Springhill Fire Rescue.
Your agency lacks leaders at the lower levels, so try and develop some of your up and coming people that do not have hidden agendas, tap into some of the retired cops from big city agencies that have experience, the ones that made it to the rank of LT. or above, that still remember what it was to be a cop.
I am sure you are a bunch of intelligent individuals, but I am completely convinced that your agency from the rank of Sgt. down make a horrible team when it comes to protecting yourselves from each other. Stop and think a minute, this post comes with a completely bias free agenda. I as an individual have nothing to gain other that to hope some of your peers will listen and help you all focus on your futures. Use the same courage to better yourselves as you do to save strangers, don't fall prey to this gossip, because the administration always wins when you are at war with each other. If you don't think that they read this site, have informants within your rank and file, and plot how you will react to the pressures of political banter, you should open your eyes.

From what I see, your Sheriff is not a tyrant; he is a politician that knows how to win. Either get on board, or run for Sheriff. Stop waiting for the next person making you promises to win your vote and keep you at a distance awaiting a reward that never comes although you gave him support. Get ahead the right way, never sell out for the carrot they dangle at the end of the stick. Look around and see what has happened to the brown nosers that suck up instead of having integrity.When they are done being used, they are thown away like yesterdays trash.

I wish you all health, happiness, and a safe New-year. May your families be blessed with prosperity and always be their to support you. Take it from someone who knows, the job you do is just that, your families are yours to cherish. Give 110 % to your careers when on duty, but give your all to your family all of the time.
[/u]

01-03-2008, 04:11 PM
You apparently are either administration at .If you worked here you would understand we dont have a real union like up north or what municipalities have.The sheriff gets the final say.He can fire you if he dont like your left toe.Get a job here and work here for 5 years before you comment.Theres nothing to appeal.The promotion test is so rigged but maybe it should be as we work for a sheriffs office.The sheriff can do whatever he wants and can pick someone just because they volunteer at the united way or at the soccer field.Maybe Ill run for sheriff,just vote for me.

01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately the 10 people that keep replying to this message board are just unhappy.They do not represent the people that work at the office. These people would complain if you gave them a FREE lunch.It is a shame that they use LEO affairs message boards to hide behind. This was not the purpose of this website.

We will not please everyone get over it and MOVE on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Just a note," Paid off" is spelled wrong, but again, here we go, someone sends a positive message and a mental midget like yourself has to taint it .
As I see it , you have two options: Get your GED and get a job you are better suited for , Like" WASTE MANAGEMENT"., or, make a change for the better.
How my message can be spun into me working for Nugent is a bit simple, but par for the course.. Don't read between the line **** .... Tracey, just try and take solid advice.
You are not as smart as you care to believe, start the NewYear off without crying poor, and be a role model with all of your 5 years experience.
I hear they need some recruits in IRAQ, pays well and your overwhelmingly charming abilities could possibly solve the crisis over there.
Good luck open minded one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Good point, another uptight cop that can't take a suggestion. Must have had his milk money taken as a kid, or better yet , has some Daddy issues. When people with experience offer advice, be a good listener like you were taught in your 10 years at Hernando High .That is why this site has so many whinning punks that hide behind a fake name and claim to be the voice of the Cops in Hernando. Smarten up ding dong. The real cops in this county have my respect, not the cry babies that ridicule good advice !!! See ya in the funny papers.

01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
CANT WE ALL BE FRIENDS?I LOVE U TOO!