PDA

View Full Version : Was there a New Years Staffing Plan?

01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Well I guess we're back to saving money at the expense of Officer safety.

Give 6 Midnight Officers the night off. Only 8 SEVRT Officers show up. and 5 Day shifters come in early. Give noon’s the "oh. BTW" you guys are getting held over tonight at roll call. (Not that any of us had plans or anything you know)

DD did it to us again. OOPS! I forgot he's not the Chief anymore.

01-01-2008, 12:40 PM
SEVRT. What a joke. They get paid 5% year around and are told it is not madatory to work on NYE 2008. The whole reason for SEVRT was so that they could augment Patrol and prevent what happened tonight from happening. Well I would love to monitor this thread, but I have to go to sleep. I have to back to work in 6 hours. Thanks Mr. Planner for a magnificent New Yeras Eve Plan.

01-02-2008, 03:17 AM
and only one prisoner transport....officers waiting all over the city....
SVERT is a joke, can I sign up and get paid extra to stand around and do nothing? mainly old timers or closet job guys on anyway and they don't do anything on regular time, so why would you expect them to do anything on a busy weekend????? for the ones that do make an effort, we appreciate you, honestly, we do.

01-02-2008, 05:04 AM
These guys get paid 5% year round plus they make the O.T. when it's time to alledgedly "work" yet all you hear is them go "10" on detail and create more work for the zone units. You never hear them "09" in the zone or in the Entertainment District handling calls. All the Calls have to be answered by the regular zone units other then the 1 or 2 guys that truly come out to help out. Thank you Luis King!. All the other guys if it's not happenning right in front of them they don't want anything to do with it. I know one guy that all he does is hang out in front of his regular weekend Off-Duty while getting paid O.T. for "SEVRT". These SEVRT guys should go 09 and handle the calls in the Entertainment District. Instead of the dispatcher holding the calls for the zone units, they should just Dispatch these guys to the calls...... Oh and don't be afraid to Jump in a transport van or two and run the wagon for these 39's that are generated on a busy weekend, better yet, want to be a team player? Take a Jail Run!!!!!!!!!

01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
SEVRT

See
Every
Veteran
Relax
Tonight

50 of them on a team and only 8 show up. Unfreakin Believable. At least when CW and JB were the Lt's, they were out there with the troops. Isn't the current SEVRT LT. somebody's Disco partner and former SIU Colleague? Why did BR go out of his way to pick her over a Patrol Lieutenant?

As far as them being off on the weekends. Well I guess that every once in a while you have to pull a double. Patrol Guys do it all the time.

America! What a Country.

01-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Headquarters to any Sierra Unit that can respond to 34 at 918 Ocean Drive............................................. .................................................. ...............Headquarters to any Sierra Unit that can respond to 34 at 918 Ocean Drive.

C11. Attention C12. I need you to clear your 12 and respond to a 34 at 918 Ocean Drive. Unable to raise the Sierra Units. C11? QSL. Charlie 12? QSL.

America! What a Country.

01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]SEVRT

See
Every
Veteran
Relax
Tonight

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snicker:

01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Stop your whining about SEVRT. It is a good gig for Vets and it will be there for you when the time comes when you get weekends IF YOU DON'T SCREW IT UP up by complaining.
Just pay your dues, answer your call at 918 Ocean Dr. like we did when SEVRT wasn't there and STOP WHINING LIKE A BABY, and answer your radio!
By the way I earned my closet job. 18 years on the street should be enough to allow me a little respect. (I speak for the other VETS)

01-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Well said Vinny.

01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Detective :A person, usually a member of a police force, who investigates crimes and obtains evidence or information.

Come down to earth cousin vinny.

01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
You guys can try to put the blame on SEVRT or individual shifts all you want, but the fact of the matter is....DID THE COMMAND STAFF FORGET THAT WE WOULD HAVE A DEC. 31st THIS YEAR??? They are so quick to immediately notice when someone has missed a citizen contact during a day of the week, or when someone misses a court date (4 months ago!), but plain and simple the command staff dropped the ball...period! THEY GET PAID to make sure things like this don't happen. So....place your bets now, that New Years Eve 2008 will be Alpha/Bravo (since I think we might have one this year).

01-08-2008, 05:49 AM
It was all Chief Noriega and Assistant Chief Jenkins faught.

01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
MIDNIGHTS 07'ED THE OVERLAP LAST NIGHT SO NOONS COULD GO HOME EARLY, EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OK NOW. RIGHT?

01-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Anyone seen the After Action on NYE 2008 yet?

01-25-2008, 07:39 AM
hopefully it will brought up at the FOP meeting