PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wish List

12-31-2007, 10:41 PM
What is on your FHP wish list for 2008? By December 2008 I would love to see the following.

1) Pay Increase with a step program(no surprise there).

2) Successful Dodge Charger deployment and Tallahassee agreeing it is an excellent product.

3) A dress blouse uniform

4) Replacing the pushbars currently used on our patrol cars-they bend too easy. I have never seen a bent Rhino bar unless the car was crashed. They may be more expensive but they may be useful for #5. A wrap around pushbar would be very nice too.

5) A reviewed Pursuit Policy...including the use of P.I.T. maneuvers to end chases almost immediately. I am sure some Georgia Roadmen would come down and give a class.

6) Reviewed training policy. More hands on training and opportunites.

7) A Taser pilot program.

Those are on the top of my head for now. What about everyone else?

Also, be safe out there my brothers...no matter what uniform you wear.

01-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Why is this dress blouse crap all over the place :roll: ? Its all for show. We need useful law enforcement tools and training.... not something to go play dress up w/ your friends.

01-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Why is this dress blouse crap all over the place :roll: ? Its all for show. We need useful law enforcement tools and training.... not something to go play dress up w/ your friends.

For several reasons
1) For the Honor Guard
2) For funeral attendance
3) Its an optional item. If you don't want it, don't purchase it.

and most importantly for the quote of the day

Lets start acting and looking like the Highway Patrol again!!!!!!!
Don't forget to wear your campaign hat when the foot hits the pavement.

01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
[quote="Troopers in a blouse ?":1f3zatb6]Why is this dress blouse crap all over the place :roll: ? Its all for show. We need useful law enforcement tools and training.... not something to go play dress up w/ your friends.

For several reasons
1) For the Honor Guard
2) For funeral attendance
3) Its an optional item. If you don't want it, don't purchase it.

and most importantly for the quote of the day

Lets start acting and looking like the Highway Patrol again!!!!!!!
Don't forget to wear your campaign hat when the foot hits the pavement.[/quote:1f3zatb6]

You'll have to forget about the blouse. It's been denied. The rest of the wish list will never happen. The Colonel can't persuade the state legislators especially with the upcoming tax cuts.