PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

12-30-2007, 03:53 AM
I just spent an hour reading some of the posts on this site along with other agencies. It seems to me that we spend alot of time bashing each other and pointing out each other's flaws..although I must admit some of this stuff is funny especially the poem TWAS THE NITE BEFORE XMAS. I just want to say that I spent some time with this agency, some good and some bad. I worked with some of the best officers and some that should think about another line of work. I left Lauderhill, not because I couldn't handle it, to the contrary I thrived on the excitement and fast pace. I left for personal reasons, ones that were more beneficial towards my family and personal life (those that know me know what h**l I put up with towards the end). After over 18 years in police work I actually didn't want to come to work anymore, how sad was that. I had one of the best squads ever..proven by the fact that a mojority of those officers are now supervisors themselves. I know there are good officers still in this agency, I witness this everytime I request a backup in my District, most of the time I never have to request one...you guys just show up. I know we can all get along we do this so well in times of urgency, sorrow, etc... I miss every one of those people the I worked with and that worked for me. I only wish that we could just stop bashing each other in light of the terrible year we experienced this past year with the amount of good officers that we lost!! I pray every day that not only do I (and my terrific husband) come home safe but for everyone else that I care about in law enforcement to do the same. I should probably get off my soapbox now. Just know that I could have easily bashed alot of people in this thread, actually I could probably write a book and some people would be sweating the statute of limitations on some of the incidents, but I am not like that and would never do that. I want to wish everyone and their families a very happy and healthy New Year, may you all be safe in the upcoming year and always. Remember to always watch your backs as well as your partners!!
I can't believe how mushy this post became... I am becoming more emotional in my old age. Always know that I am there for those certain individuals that still need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen.
And you better all take care of my better half or you will all have hell to pay!! lol HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Love you all,
Lorraine S

12-30-2007, 08:56 AM
you were an awesome sergeant and we miss you. We still have alot of really good cops with loads of potential but were going through some issues. These issues will be resolved but it'll take alot of time.

Stay safe D4 and have a safe new year. We got your back out there!

9/10 Lauderhill cops roll your way when they hear you guys out with something. You all do the same for us. Well appreciated.

12-31-2007, 01:36 PM
You are still missed here sarge! You were the best of the best here. See you around.

12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
sarge, I didnt get a chance to work with you here at the hill but man, I've heard some amazing stories about you. BSO is so damn lucky to have you.

Have a safe new year

12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Lorraine and Lisa were the bomb to work with when they were in the Hill, Im glad I still get to work with them on my end. Im sure if Lorraine reads this she will know whos its from. She and Lisa were always squared away. Im glad they are on my team, LH would be lucky if they ever got female SGTs like these again.