PDA

View Full Version : RESERVE OFFICERS

12-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Greetings,could someone from Plantation PD please advise if your agency has a Reserve Police Officer program.I am a local retired LEO(25 yrs) and would like to become a reserve.If your dept does have a reserve program,please advise if the reserves are paid while on duty and how many hours they must work each month.Also a contact person.Thank You.

12-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Yes, we do have a reserve officer program. Some come and ride a few times a month and others keep there time for certification through training and an occasional off duty detail. I believe pay is minimal but again, you can work off duty details around $25 an hour (not sure, don't work em'). To find out more call Tony Adragna in our training unit.
954-797-2634
Good luck.

12-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Thank you sir for the information.

12-30-2007, 02:16 AM
You dont want to be a reserve in this stinking cesspool of a city. crime is too high, everywhere you look there is blue garbage bags and everyone is sleeping with eachothers wives.

06-11-2013, 03:49 AM
It's a pretty sad day when the reserve officers don't want to come to work. They never had a contract and ask for very little. Maybe before the program totally crashes someone will realize what a service we provide and be a little more understanding of our personal schedules. And we have how many left? Not many, not many.

06-22-2013, 07:38 AM
The Reserves are treated like crap and expected to put this craphole first..... BSO has a wayyyyyyyyy better program.....hint hint !!!

06-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Thank you Reserves !!!! I use to work with you guys lots...... I don't see how you take all the crap and junk by the agency and most Officers there..... Ill say Mary and Tom got pushed out, but the agency allowed it and then cut them.....

06-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Here are some facts about the Reserves:

Joe and Marty used to run the unit a few years ago. There are two real leadership examples huh? Tom did OK but didn't last long. And now Tony? When does he find time with all his training duties, lunch, etc (this is sarcasm for those of you who might have missed it).
The Reserves used to hold their meetings in local bars. Wow - that really contributed to a good professional image.
A lot of the Reserves never came to work - never met the minimum number of hours they were supposed to contribute but they sucked up the detail $$ when ever possible.
Mary got bounced for taking a marked unit home and using it as her own take-home vehicle. And to think former chief LM said he would immediately make her a full-time sergeant if she ever wanted to come on full time. She'd have made another great sgt wouldn't she?
A lot of the Reserves never complete firearms qualifications like they were supposed to. Now there is a real liability issue for all of us.
The Reserves had no clue about the general orders. Of course no one else here does either so maybe that wasn't such a problem.
The Reserves have always been poorly managed and negligently supervised. Wait - so is the rest of the PPD.
I can't find out why Tom was bounced. Any ideas?

06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Why do keep you trying to justify the horrible way the reserves were treated? If they were poorly lead, then blame the leadership. That doesn't excuse the way the chief and DC dismissed them after decades of service. They should both be ashamed of themselves. May be it's time for them to go.

06-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Why do keep you trying to justify the horrible way the reserves were treated? If they were poorly lead, then blame the leadership. That doesn't excuse the way the chief and DC dismissed them after decades of service. They should both be ashamed of themselves. May be it's time for them to go.
This place truly has no leadership, gutless. And this is the beginning. More fun to come folks. And to all you nay sayers rah rah cheerleaders...Up yours!

07-05-2013, 03:53 AM
The fireworks were terrific tonight. Just about everywhere you looked you could see fireworks bursting in the air across the county. The money is back. Did u get that email from the mayor telling us how good things were and to have a happy 4th. I don't think she really cares but that just me. I'm wondering how many reserve positions were used for the grand celebration. Betting not too many. Whatever one day someone will wake up and say what the f is going on. Anyone know how many elected officials attended? I'm calling city hall in the morning, some of the visitors at the park left garbage all over my sidewalk. No respect. Maybe next year they can place garbage cans around. You never know when you might have to dump and run...from all the BS.

07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Every burst of the fireworks was a piece of our pay, pension and benefits

07-28-2013, 10:49 PM
First I want to say thank you to those who said that I did a good (or at least OK) job when I was in charge of the Reserves. Even though I am retired and therefore I can speak my mind freely and without fear of reprisal, I will be diplomatic and say that I tried my best to do as much as I could for the Reserves. I started out in the Reserves in 1978 and the program has always been special to me. I don't know exactly why I was transferred from SSD to GSD and lost the Reserve program, because no one ever gave me a reason. And I guess they didn't have to because "they" were the decision makers and I was just a cop. I'm sure that they had their reason(s), but coincidentally, a week or so before I was transferred, I stood up to a Captain in defense of a Reserve officer who I felt was being unfairly disciplined.......

08-07-2013, 10:58 PM
First I want to say thank you to those who said that I did a good (or at least OK) job when I was in charge of the Reserves. Even though I am retired and therefore I can speak my mind freely and without fear of reprisal, I will be diplomatic and say that I tried my best to do as much as I could for the Reserves. I started out in the Reserves in 1978 and the program has always been special to me. I don't know exactly why I was transferred from SSD to GSD and lost the Reserve program, because no one ever gave me a reason. And I guess they didn't have to because "they" were the decision makers and I was just a cop. I'm sure that they had their reason(s), but coincidentally, a week or so before I was transferred, I stood up to a Captain in defense of a Reserve officer who I felt was being unfairly disciplined.......
Thanks Tom..We know all the brass have no "ego" to bruise and can handle some constructive criticism HAHAHA!!! Glad your out and retired safely from this hell hole.
Good luck brother!

08-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Be real throw out the names of those who ruined once had been great program. I hope this didn't come from city hall. I always thought the reserves should be a larger program. They certainly didn't cost any big bucks. Bring back the reserve police officers don't let it die

08-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Okay, I will just throw it out there yes many of the the "Romeo" units did a whole hell of a lot of nothing. With that being said you had several of them that just did the job. You could count on a handful to show up on the same day every week and just do the job. True some followed the same officer around like a lost puppy dog, one felt he was Tango Romeo 3X and just did traffic. But we did have a few that just did the job. Took calls when you wanted them to just like the road guys and even ponied up and took the late calls so road patrol did not get boned with them. I had no problem with them both the good and the bad. Sad to see the state of affairs that they have been left in. No matter who was running them.

08-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Be real throw out the names of those who ruined once had been great program. I hope this didn't come from city hall. I always thought the reserves should be a larger program. They certainly didn't cost any big bucks. Bring back the reserve police officers don't let it die

Answer: Deleo :devil:

08-09-2013, 12:11 PM

Hire reserves to cover for the road shortage...what a concept, cuts down on OT, managers would save money for father city. And I call them managers that about all theyre worth.
A reserve squad who actually knew how to handle calls and fill in a zone....Pay reserves, no insurance of course. Beats scraping the bottom like the rest at these ridiculous low detail pay we have.....just saying...Im sure the FOP would want officer safety to be paramount over a raving full timer who doesnt get OT :cop:

Harry Callahan
09-23-2013, 09:04 PM
You Reserves who keep assigning blame for the dismantling of your program on the DC,the Chief need to look amongst yourselves. This is a classic case of the tail trying to wag the dog. Reserves are employed to supplement the department, Not suck up all the details from the full time officers and then not meeting the minimum mandatory number of hours to stay in the program. Too many of you treated the program like it was your own private cash cow and you want to blame its failure on the supervision or on Tony. Shooting off you mouth will not correct the fact that you shot yourselves in the foot.....You got what you deserved.

09-24-2013, 11:26 PM
How about the ones who will and want to work the City OT like parades, etc. All the while the union is trying to act in solidarity. Ohhh thats right most of our reserves are retirees who got theirs.

Harry Callahan
09-25-2013, 02:15 AM
Personally, I don't have a problem with any officer who wants to be a reserve and are willing to perform as they are supposed to. I realize that not all Reserves are the same. As I previously said. The members of this program are responsible for what happened to it. You have Reserve officers who are working full time jobs and then only signing up for details. The reserve program is supposed to be a benefit for the department, to supplement the department in time of need such as assisting at special events and yes, to work details if necessary. That doesn't mean "ALL" you do is work details. In order to be a Reserve you are required to put in a certain number of hours to meet your reserve program qualifications. You are also required to attend training functions just like the full timers. How many of you actually do this ? Not many. If you've got time to work details, you've got time to put in your hours. You want to pretend to be a cop, then act like one and do what is required of you.

10-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Personally, I don't have a problem with any officer who wants to be a reserve and are willing to perform as they are supposed to. I realize that not all Reserves are the same. As I previously said. The members of this program are responsible for what happened to it. You have Reserve officers who are working full time jobs and then only signing up for details. The reserve program is supposed to be a benefit for the department, to supplement the department in time of need such as assisting at special events and yes, to work details if necessary. That doesn't mean "ALL" you do is work details. In order to be a Reserve you are required to put in a certain number of hours to meet your reserve program qualifications. You are also required to attend training functions just like the full timers. How many of you actually do this ? Not many. If you've got time to work details, you've got time to put in your hours. You want to pretend to be a cop, then act like one and do what is required of you.

First it was meeting in bars, now you criticize reserves for working details. Which excuse are you going to offer next in trying to justify their horrible treatment by an egotistical deputy chief and a clueless chief. The reserves saved a lot of clients from otherwise walking away from PPD over the years because officers wouldn't work the details. The next time you see the DC and chief working out in the gym on duty with Gary, or better yet playing golf on the tax payers dime, ask yourself who is doing more harm to the agency. I say bring back the reserves and get rid of the other two.

11-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Hire reserves to cover for the road shortage...what a concept, cuts down on OT, managers would save money for father city. And I call them managers that about all theyre worth.
A reserve squad who actually knew how to handle calls and fill in a zone....Pay reserves, no insurance of course. Beats scraping the bottom like the rest at these ridiculous low detail pay we have.....just saying...Im sure the FOP would want officer safety to be paramount over a raving full timer who doesnt get OT :cop:

FOP don't give a rats behind..... If it doesn't effect the "select" few it doesn't matter.....

11-15-2013, 03:37 PM

No it can't be ???? The same guy that when he was a Sgt use to sit in his car across the street from service calls and "watch".... Plenty of time a 10-94 was requested and did the Sgt come to aid.......he'll noooooo. He just sat there watching......

That's right, people don't forget......