PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Accreditation?

12-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Sooooo... where are we in terms of becoming accredited? I hear experienced staff have been assigned the task. How about some information? It would be good for morale to know how the process is coming along. Maybe OPET could send the field progress reports on the status of the project and what to expect in the coming months / years when the changes are implemented.

How many people are working on this? It certainly seems a monumental task for an office that can't even come up with a set of coherent guidelines to support field training requests.

12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
The recent climate survey showed improvement in many areas. However, the "Communication" dimension could have been better. How about if OPET did the accreditation progress report on a weekly basis - it could be included in the sig report every week.

One of the problems is that information seems to flow disproportionately- i.e., from the field to GHQ, not the other way around. It would be nice to know what everyone else is doing....while you're at it, maybe BEI could start contributing to the sig reports as well. Who knows...internal sharing of information could lead to great things...

12-28-2007, 12:52 PM
The recent climate survey showed improvement in many areas. However, the "Communication" dimension could have been better. How about if OPET did the accreditation progress report on a weekly basis - it could be included in the sig report every week.

One of the problems is that information seems to flow disproportionately- i.e., from the field to GHQ, not the other way around. It would be nice to know what everyone else is doing....while you're at it, maybe BEI could start contributing to the sig reports as well. Who knows...internal sharing of information could lead to great things...

Even if the accreditation information were put into the significant event report, it might be the most important news from some of the districts.

It still amazes me how some districts are able to work with other agencies, or better yet get recognized for something other than throwing someone in jail.

I'm glad that all districts are able to do the same things. Seems like that subject was brought up at the district meeting back in January...hmm

Two steps forward and three steps back.

12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately, the situation won't change until the district leadership (SW is it?) changes. He's in DROP right? Wait it out. The S 20 wasn't ousted by an IG investigation, he resigned.

BUT, this isn't really about that or the sig report. It's about people sitting on their fat asses and feathering their nests at the expense of an agency that's so understaffed we can't afford to have deadwood. Let's hear what you're doing OPET>>>

12-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, I can tell u what they're doing most weekdays between 11 and 2.....and out of the office at 5 sharp.

12-31-2007, 03:43 AM
The information we have suggests that at least 3 department vehicles are taken to Ms. Ho's at a minimum of twice a week to facilitate the meeting of at least 3 or more people (you never know, one of em may have to respond to an emergency). Below find estimated costs in fuel and hourly wages expended for the typical 11a - 2p lunch hour:

1 Bureau Chief $120.00
1 Senior Attorney $80.00
1 L/E Lt. (pick a bureau) 75.00
1 IG Captain (on Fridays) 67.00

This is per day. Knowing that these folks are acting in the best interest of the agency they serve: PRICELESS

01-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Hey, could someone bring back a couple of orders of fried rice and some california rolls back to those of us that don't burn the state's gas on our lunch hour?
Thanks....

ps.. luv me some masago with quail egg