PDA

View Full Version : Service Weapons

12-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Just wondering if the .40 Caliber Glock is on the approved weapons list for this department.

12-25-2007, 03:31 AM
no-it's one of the few calibers we are do not carry.

12-25-2007, 07:47 AM
:? ...any logical reasoning behind it?

I mean the Glock 22 is pretty much a well rounded weapon that is used almost everywhere, and the 27 would make a great BUG too.

12-25-2007, 04:29 PM
:? ...any logical reasoning behind it?

I mean the Glock 22 is pretty much a well rounded weapon that is used almost everywhere, and the 27 would make a great BUG too.

$$$$ for ammo, we carry 9mm, .45 cal, .380, and .38. If you're trying apply logic to this place, you're in for a long career. Yes it would be cheaper to buy 1 kind of ammo in the long run, but not initially, and that's how this place looks at it.

12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
That still doesn't make sense as to why we cannot carry .40 cal. Just like we cannot carry airlite revolvers as back-up's or off duty carry.

Copper
12-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Our armory also doesn't carry equipment, parts, or spare .40 cal firearms. The initial purchase would be more than just ammo.
Also, the .40 cal round it self is a very quality round...but the .40 cal glock is a stronger gun in the same frame as a 9mm. I personally find it to kick like a mule. The glock 45 doesn't kick at all like the 40 which leads to quicker, more accurate shooting.
I will agree that logic does not live at FLPD though.

12-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Our armory also doesn't carry equipment, parts, or spare .40 cal firearms. The initial purchase would be more than just ammo.
Also, the .40 cal round it self is a very quality round...but the .40 cal glock is a stronger gun in the same frame as a 9mm. I personally find it to kick like a mule. The glock 45 doesn't kick at all like the 40 which leads to quicker, more accurate shooting.
I will agree that logic does not live at FLPD though.
Can't please everyone all the time... With all of the weapons we allow, though, why not just let ppl carry anything any other accredited dept carries? You'd just be stuck with buying your own ammunition (range and duty), and if you're in a shooting, you're S.O.L. while the gun is in evidence. Or you have to certify with a loaner. That would mean that maybe two guys would get a .40 cal Kahr, or some-such nonsense, but everyone else would surely stick to what we already allow.

Oh, btw, that would just be another bone they could toss us to distract us from being underpaid, understaffed, and over-disciplined. So yeah, basically, whatever. I just wasted 3 minutes. I'm bored. This is stupid.

01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
are you gus allowed to carry the new Glock 21 sf?

01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, any .45 cal glock